Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,307 members, 7,826,214 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Opposition Coalition May Apply For APC Registration Next Week - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opposition Coalition May Apply For APC Registration Next Week (4185 Views)

FCT Council Polls: INEC To Begin Voters’ Registration Next Wednesday / It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere / APC May Formally Apply For INEC Registration Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opposition Coalition May Apply For APC Registration Next Week by Ilaje44(m): 12:54pm On May 30, 2013
Toaskarity:

Lol igbos now equals to pdp.. lisen any so call sane nigerian that votes for buhari needs his head check angry ask anyone reason for thinking buhari shld be president, most wil start stammering about current president!! For goodness sake This is a man that had the whole country in his hand, I mean extreme power that no one questions him, btw if u knw wat military govt mean.. what did he do for the country?? Nothing absolute nothing!! In his era nigeria had a significant oil boom but all those military guys messed it up!! Pls tell us wat buhari did for nigeria?
Ok lets assume GEJ is terrible (like yall scream) but why BUHARI? There re so many ppl of ur tribe (yoruba) in america, london educated & millions of them in nigeria!! Who can make a good president or other tribe of nigeria..Why support buhari? Why cant the country move on like a train instead of driving back!! We aint even gonna talk about how he took out an elected politician! Do u even understand what that mean? It mean that he doesnt giv an f about the country and ppl in it infact no respect !! Ppl lik him doesnt deserve any good life or place in nigeria..but its because its a third world country with a good number of illitrates so we let him go around even threatening to make things hard for the country in last election..smh

Please for goodness sake, stop muddling hearsay with facts. You were actually doing good until you said he did not achieve anything. If nothing at all, Buhari/Idiagbon brought a lil bit of discipline to Nigeria. Now you can argue HOW it was achieved. Another thing they did was reducing the national debt and cancelling some contracts with the creditors. You can also view that in a positive as well as a negative light. At least they did not lie that we wont be borrowing from IMF to go behind and sign IMF's SAP. You said there was oil boom when Buhari was at the helm of affair; what were the cause of that oil boom? If I remember very well, the world economy was in recession actually in early 80s. Or are you mixing Gowon and Babangida regimes with that of Buhari?

The reasons I would not want Buhari as president can be enumerated thus: He is not incorruptible as he is been portrayed, only not as corrupt as the rest. He is also not impartial. And beside that he is too old, the guy is somehow too vindictive.
Re: Opposition Coalition May Apply For APC Registration Next Week by naijaforlife: 1:09pm On May 30, 2013
[quote author=Toaskarity]
@Toaskarity.
Regardless of the apparently poor showing of the PDP vis-a-vis ecpectations of an average Nigerian, it remains the only party with a national spread and representation. However, after about 14 years of uniterrupted democracy, as a person not too young during the Buhari/Idiagbon regime, I PERSONALLY opine that the situation then was far better than it is today. I attended one of his keynote addresses abroad immediately after the last election. He had the chance during the speech to mention what happened during their regime. I felt so sorry for Nigeria and concluded that we started getting it wrong again since when Babangida overthrew that govenrment. ( I hope to post that address on this forum whenever I get it retreived from where I saved it). Nonetheless, I may personaly not vote for Buhari if he contests again. Not that I do not believe in his forthrightness and sincere intents for Nigeria, but I think he should give room for a young politican who shares his incorruptible attributes but perceived to and actually be more acceptable to Nigerians. His ethnic or religious affiliations should be secondary. Just like GEJ has two more years to prove that Nigerians were not wrong to elect him, Buhari also has the last chance to leave when the ovation is loudest and stand out from the crowd of our elder statesmen who have not lived up to expectations. I make bold to say that the choice is his. Whichever way, my repsect for GMB is profound and likely unchangeable
Re: Opposition Coalition May Apply For APC Registration Next Week by nkemKalu: 1:22pm On May 30, 2013
I HAVE A GOOD PRESIDENTIAL COMBINATION FOR APC....................EMEKA ANYAOKU/FASHOLA. .........JUST GO AHEAD AND REGISTER THE PARTY AND LET THESE MY TWO CANDIDATES GO AND FACE Jonathan IN 2015. I WILL GIVE THE NORTH THE PARTY CHAIRMAN OF APC. ........IF U AGREE CLICK LIKE
Re: Opposition Coalition May Apply For APC Registration Next Week by saolab: 2:00pm On May 30, 2013
Toaskarity:

Lol igbos now equals to pdp.. lisen any so call sane nigerian that votes for buhari needs his head check angry ask anyone reason for thinking buhari shld be president, most wil start stammering about current president!! For goodness sake This is a man that had the whole country in his hand, I mean extreme power that no one questions him, btw if u knw wat military govt mean.. what did he do for the country?? Nothing absolute nothing!! In his era nigeria had a significant oil boom but all those military guys messed it up!! Pls tell us wat buhari did for nigeria?
Ok lets assume GEJ is terrible (like yall scream) but why BUHARI? There re so many ppl of ur tribe (yoruba) in america, london educated & millions of them in nigeria!! Who can make a good president or other tribe of nigeria..Why support buhari? Why cant the country move on like a train instead of driving back!! We aint even gonna talk about how he took out an elected politician! Do u even understand what that mean? It mean that he doesnt giv an f about the country and ppl in it infact no respect !! Ppl lik him doesnt deserve any good life or place in nigeria..but its because its a third world country with a good number of illitrates so we let him go around even threatening to make things hard for the country in last election..smh
Mr. Man, stop parabulating/pretends. I ve many ibos as a friends and coleagues in d office but i ve observed dat most Ibos were camelion. Am a Yoruba man,i dont pretend. If Muslims or notherner is ur problems say it. But remember that biafra war was not fought by only muslims or northerner even ur so called south-south brothers were among d Nigeria soldiers that fought biafra wars and d president then was a christian. If u(Ibos) have any biafra hangover channel it to appropriate authourities . Stop pretending(reality not insult)
Re: Opposition Coalition May Apply For APC Registration Next Week by NJlapto1: 5:20pm On May 30, 2013
nkem Kalu: I HAVE A GOOD PRESIDENTIAL COMBINATION FOR APC....................EMEKA ANYAOKU/FASHOLA. .........JUST GO AHEAD AND REGISTER THE PARTY AND LET THESE MY TWO CANDIDATES GO AND FACE Jonathan IN 2015. I WILL GIVE THE NORTH THE PARTY CHAIRMAN OF APC. ........IF U AGREE CLICK LIKE

and who the hell are you?
Re: Opposition Coalition May Apply For APC Registration Next Week by skyfall: 5:35pm On May 30, 2013
Good news! Can't wait for the party to get registered. However, some people have started getting jittery as usual.
Re: Opposition Coalition May Apply For APC Registration Next Week by babyhrt(m): 6:49pm On May 30, 2013
[b][/b]]APC is nt different 4rm PDP...is there ŊO̶̷̩̥̊͡ coruption in d S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴͡ calld ACN led statesabegi.say smtin else.
Re: Opposition Coalition May Apply For APC Registration Next Week by Mamacita007(f): 7:04pm On May 30, 2013
chei joan & politics. na wa oo grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shehu Shagari Throws A Bombshell At Buhari: Quit Now / "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu / Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.