Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter - Science/Technology (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter (125816 Views)

'Helicopter' Manufactured By Two Boys In Anambra State / Homebuilt Radio Control Airplane / Homebuilt Gas Turbine Engine For Helicopter Propulsion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by mrdino(m): 1:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
Keep up d good work guyz, am followin diz thread wit much enthusiam
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by wine4dguy: 1:28pm On Dec 31, 2013
I must commend you are doing great
my kind advice to you is to focus more on the PROPULSION system of what you are building .make sure your parameters are right and make use of available computational formulas for what you are doing. people always talk of Wright brothers but forget that these men sat in the lab for several days if not months doing wind tunnel tests just to ascertain the necessary in formations before they started building .so I will suggest you get your parameters else you will be busy doing nothing.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Jakumo(m): 1:47pm On Dec 31, 2013
wine4dguy: introduction: I am a graduate of aerospace engineering. I must commend you are doing great
my kind advice to you is to focus more on the PROPULSION system of what you are building .make sure your parameters are right and make use of available computational formulas for what you are doing. people always talk of Wright brothers but forget that these men sat in the lab for several days if not months doing wind tunnel tests just to ascertain the necessary in formations before they started building .so I will suggest you get your parameters else you will be busy doing nothing.

The helicopter does fly, so your admonition that the propulsion system needs improvement is not unlike like an unsolicited attempt to discuss the finer points of projectile ballistics with someone who has just killed a bear with a baseball bat.

The final iteration of his project appears to be comprised of store-bought components and home-fabricated parts, but hey, it hovers just fine, Einstein, and that is a good start worthy of UNQUALIFIED praise.

3 Likes

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Arosa(m): 2:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
Goahead: kudos.... I,m really impressed by this, but were you inside the heli when it was flying?.
grin grin grin

scipher: f for say cyberspace na one kind physical realm, I for plank you with this rubbish question wey you just ask. angry
grin grin grin grin
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by sultan003(m): 3:10pm On Dec 31, 2013
MoAfrica: clearly you have talent young man....
if you want to take your talent further kindly visit the website below they may take you as their student.

http://www.sun.ac.za/english/faculty/eng/research/research-groups-centres-and-institutes

@OP, stellenbosch is the last place you would want to go
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by ccollins(m): 3:40pm On Dec 31, 2013
A beautiful project. Just discern the right advices online here. I wish you the best and God bless you, I recommend u go for the youWin program and do not hesistate for a plan B in the west if the nigerian government or the nigerian air force tech does not take your work seriously
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 3:44pm On Dec 31, 2013
Actually,there are a lot of questions here which will take a bit of some time to answer....
For the time being,i am still very busy. But i promise you all,i shall respond to you all,ASAP.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by made001(m): 4:16pm On Dec 31, 2013
Get more twitter followers here for real
https://www.nairaland.com/1572037/thread-tweeps-lets-follow
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by richP: 4:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
our NL engineers are busy creating Tecno bashing threads..
OP well done
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by ugotuf(m): 6:41pm On Dec 31, 2013
It makes me cry each time I see youths who have sworn to their hurts never to give up on their dreams despite all odds and the bad rulers we have in this land, rising and soaring into the skies from the dust and ashes just like the phoenix, with fulfilled and actualized dreams.(why are their children never recognized or popular for any good?) Our megalomaniac rulers should bow their faces in shame before sprouting young heroes and legends like the op, who CAN NEVER be stopped by mare mortals like them. Bravo Nwannem.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
Op stay away from onlythruth and his advice, he his a bloody tribalist.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
Jakumo:

The helicopter does fly, so your admonition that the propulsion system needs improvement is not unlike like an unsolicited attempt to discuss the finer points of projectile ballistics with someone who has just killed a bear with a baseball bat.

The final iteration of his project appears to be comprised of store-bought components and home-fabricated parts, but hey, it hovers just fine, Einstein, and that is a good start worthy of UNQUALIFIED praise.

grin grin
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 1:55pm On Jan 01, 2014
wine4dguy: introduction: I am a graduate of aerospace engineering. I must commend you are doing great
my kind advice to you is to focus more on the PROPULSION system of what you are building .make sure your parameters are right and make use of available computational formulas for what you are doing..

Thanks to you my bro.... Your advice to focus more on the PROPULSION,is exactly on my mind.. As a matter of fact,i intend to build a model gas turbine.. That's going to be my next project,and i shall open a dedicated thread about it.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 3:10pm On Jan 01, 2014
adeoflagos: @Op

When are you going to graduate? Can you provide an e-mail address where I could reach you?

I'm graduating this year,by God's grace.
My email is still : kingsleyobinna26@yahoo.com
Thanks.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by intergral(m): 10:50pm On Jan 01, 2014
nijanigga:

Laughable, how many studied mathematics in Nigeria as nothing but back to sender.
state and proof: Cayley's theorem:
Theorem: Every group is isomorphic to a group of permutations.
Proof: Let G be a group....
Qed.
No meaning, not applicable in Nigerian context. Waste of time and resources.

THATZ ABSTRACT ALGEBRA FOR U............................
this is the correct spelling "CALYLEHALMInTON's theorem'
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by intergral(m): 10:54pm On Jan 01, 2014
nijanigga:

Laughable, how many studied mathematics in Nigeria as nothing but back to sender.
state and proof: Cayley's theorem:
Theorem: Every group is isomorphic to a group of permutations.
Proof: Let G be a group....
Qed.
No meaning, not applicable in Nigerian context. Waste of time and resources.

THATZ ABSTRACT ALGEBRA FOR u
this is the correct spelling "CALYLEHALMInTON's theorem' cool
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by ezzye: 9:28am On Jan 02, 2014
Pakingzzz: CONTINUATION

from one "theoretical engineer" to a "practical engineer" i say WELL DONE. DAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYUUUUUMMMM,

sheer brilliance and high technical knowhow. My brother, continue the good work, ur simply amazing.

i love the way u detailed the construction in pictures especially the design, and fabrication of the HOLDER of the helicopter blades.

breath taking stuff for a Student, nice one again
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 12:00pm On Jan 02, 2014
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 02, 2014
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by internetpo(m): 1:10pm On Jan 02, 2014
I am impressed. really impressed.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 3:36pm On Jan 02, 2014
all4naija: You mean this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxmgaHI9YZs

@all4naija
yea,thats what i mean.. Thanks
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by udefrancis22: 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2014
please what kind of radio transmitter do you use? where can I get 1 in naija? emails udefrancis22@yahoo.com
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Jammy2012(m): 12:25am On Jan 03, 2014
ghettodreamz: Congrat @OP.

But what happens to your very own prototype you started with? Please don't get carried away with this, don't let it die just here.

I believe there are many others who are interested in you making and seeing your prototype progress to the finishing stage.

Indeed, " The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" Lao Tzu. And it's the difficulties and struggles we face while climbing the ladder that distinguish us from failures. No Pain... No Gain.

I believe with the good mindset you started with couple with passion, patience and serious hard work, you can make that your prototype reach not just its finished stage but also fly successfully.

Note: "The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra" Jimmy Johnson.

Flying the heli with assembled parts won't set you apart from the little kids out there who might have done something like this before (using assembled parts) neither will it bring honour to your ingenuity, skills and talents you displayed at the start of this thread. *SourcingLocallyWouldEvenIFNotAll*

If time and resources permit try go back to your prototype, put in more efforts and the sky will be your starting point.

Pls, don't just stop there, it's not over yet until you are an achiever. I wish you all the very best in all life endeavours and more grease to your zealous elbow.

See you @ da top someday.
I think that's better advice. You've lead the way already. Don't discourage people like me. I just deh follow your prototype step by step. It really help. Though, Google is doing great job
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:06am On Jan 03, 2014
udefrancis22: please what kind of radio transmitter do you use? where can I get 1 in naija? emails udefrancis22@yahoo.com

I use a Futaba 6J transmitter.
I have no idea where you can get one in Nigeria.. But you can get one online.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by udefrancis22: 9:37am On Jan 03, 2014
Pakingzzz:

I use a Futaba 6J transmitter.
I have no idea where you can get one in Nigeria.. But you can get one online.
The shipping cost of buying it onlime is way too much, $70.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Jammy2012(m): 1:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
These are my assignments.. No workings because I cheated.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by MoAfrica: 6:35pm On Jan 03, 2014
martyns303:
As long as he gets his knowledge out, Nigeria wouldn't know what to do with his type.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by MoAfrica: 6:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
solomon111: WTF.
You want to poach a Nigerian brain to advance the southafrican defence industry?.
Where is SSS when you need them?.
This is a serious matter.

I was only trying to help my brother thats all.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:44am On Jan 05, 2014
Did some few practice yesterday. Didn't have time to upload the pictures.

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:49am On Jan 05, 2014
I throttled it up,increasing the pitch slightly. The helicopter soared up higher into the sky... I had quite some hard time,trying to figure out the helicopter's little image,outline against the sky. So i could get my normal tail-in orientation hovering right.

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:52am On Jan 05, 2014
Starring at it from the ground. It could've nicely passed for a dragon fly!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

5 Animals That Actually Never DIE! / Download First Touch Soccer 2017 ( FTS 17) Apk And Data File / How To Clear GOTV E016 And E48-32 Error Message (step By Step)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.