Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Facebook Fans Ridiculed Dino Melaye On Democracy Day! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facebook Fans Ridiculed Dino Melaye On Democracy Day! (10964 Views)

Photo: Obasanjo Replies Dino Melaye On Twitter called him Bodyguard-senator / Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day / Bomb Blast In Kaduna On Democracy Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Fans Ridiculed Dino Melaye On Democracy Day! by osundu(m): 1:20pm On May 30, 2013
Gentlemen findout his(dino)dubious character frm ABU graduates(96-2002),u will understand he can't fool everybody.
Re: Facebook Fans Ridiculed Dino Melaye On Democracy Day! by alolatee(m): 1:21pm On May 30, 2013
Billyonaire: Nigeria has achieved so much as a Democracy, in the military era, Nairaland would NOT have existed and even facebook comments from Dino would never be uttered. That, alone is an achievement. I think Dino is confused about what Democracy is, may be in pari passu with good governance. Dino needs more education.
.I cnt but agree with you.I think Dino is an attention seeker.With democracy we have an unfettered access to mobile phone,the new federal universities,Railwal revitalization,Internet penetration(the highest in Africa despite Nigeria being a late entrant),power reforms,freedom of expression is not quelled by anyone.That i come from the same State and Local Government cannot prevent me from speaking the truth.I think Dino is just economical with the truth.His Facebook and Twitter rants should not be taken seriously.
Re: Facebook Fans Ridiculed Dino Melaye On Democracy Day! by alolatee(m): 1:26pm On May 30, 2013
Billyonaire: Nigeria has achieved so much as a Democracy, in the military era, Nairaland would NOT have existed and even facebook comments from Dino would never be uttered. That, alone is an achievement. I think Dino is confused about what Democracy is, may be in pari passu with good governance. Dino needs more education.
.I cnt but agree with you.I think Dino is an attention seeker.Our Democracy is just 14 years.The military ruled nearly 40 years.With democracy we have an unfettered access to mobile phone,the new federal universities,Railway revitalization,Internet penetration(the highest in Africa despite Nigeria being a late entrant),power reforms,freedom of expression is not quelled by anyone.That i come from the same State and Local Government with Dino cannot prevent me from speaking the truth.I think Dino is just economical with the truth.His Facebook and Twitter rants should not be taken seriously.
Re: Facebook Fans Ridiculed Dino Melaye On Democracy Day! by waleh89: 1:30pm On May 30, 2013
It is a shame that some people are castigating Dino because he said the truth and because he is a politician. If he didn't say it who will say it .The people who are condemning him have no standing in the society and therefore cannot be taken seriously . They will hide under nairaland to condemn. They are bunch of insipid, brainless haters
Re: Facebook Fans Ridiculed Dino Melaye On Democracy Day! by waleh89: 1:49pm On May 30, 2013
[quote author=Billyonaire]Nigeria has achieved so much as a Democracy, in the military era, Nairaland would NOT have existed and even facebook comments from Dino would never be uttered. That, alone is an achievement. I think Dino is confused about what Democracy is, may be in pari passu with good governance. Dino needs more education.[/quote
The definition of your achievement is as woeful as the point you want to give. That the country has freedom of speech is an irresponsible assertion when journalists are being arrested daily for doing their constitutional duties ,a country where an adult cannot boast of spending a dollar per day , a country where the first family are superior to the rest of us and where we announce trillion naira budget every year that doesn't reflect pm the society even Libya felt better under gadhaffi. We have retarded leader in Jonathan and toothless follwership ,we better wake from our slumber .
Re: Facebook Fans Ridiculed Dino Melaye On Democracy Day! by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 30, 2013
The guy is always spitting rubbish abt GEJ on twitter......
Re: Facebook Fans Ridiculed Dino Melaye On Democracy Day! by amdy08: 4:00pm On May 30, 2013
click2cbn: We should ask ourselves, y is it dat all dis people become activists wen they r no longer in power? Give one of dem any portfolio n they will change mouth. Y r we not hearing any stuff from Ribadu? Because he was given a post on subsidy. Give Melaye,El-Rufai,Fani-kayode any portfolio now n u won't hear them speak ill of dis government again. Didn't Melaye celebrate Democracy day wen he was in d house? Now he has been schemed out,he now knows there is nothing to celebrate
that is to show you what hunger can do to a person. Melaye is just a hungry man looking for what Government can give him to eat.
Re: Facebook Fans Ridiculed Dino Melaye On Democracy Day! by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 30, 2013
take dat: That's the truth! Most of them are waiting for saints and perfectionists to bail them out While they criticise out of the political arena with the usual E-GO-BETTEr demeanour. Yes, Dino has his own little failings as we all do, but at least he is trying to make a difference in his own little way by championing anti-corruption crusade where as the arms chair critics do nothing!
If DINO is the definition of acivism, let activism park well jareh. From ur comments, DINO is good but has little sin but those he actively condems are bad and av no good in them aby? The GEJ he is suddenly condeming has no good in him? An activist comends the comendble and condems d condemable. Overreaching generalizations like wat DINO does will only demoralise those who even want to make the country progress. Saying there is nothing @ all to celbrate abt our democracy points to only one direction, put me there and u will av reasons to celebrate democracy. But he has been there and made noise before and he still makes noise. Is it noise making that will take us to where he wants us to be? Activist churn out ideas, they av frameworks, they av scoresheets and marking scheme. They don't just sit like deluded morons and insult the mentality and personality of those wanting to salvage a situation people like dino once sabotaged.
Re: Facebook Fans Ridiculed Dino Melaye On Democracy Day! by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 30, 2013
[quote author=waleh89][/quote]
Is it 14 years of democracy that has made all adults in developed climes to live above 1 dollar per day? Are the press in those devoloped climes politically affiliated and do they make unsubstantiated reports? Our press in nigeria report gossips and rumours on front pages of newspapers. Our newspaper columist are one way headed. They don't av indices, no objectivity, they are onesided and lopsided in their analysis. They are paid praise singers of their masters and personality destroyers of percived political enemies of their GOD fathers. Is that what the press in developed climes do? Is freedom of the press tantamount to freedom to be stupid? Even freedom of life is qualified? Which fundamental human right is absolute? If fundamental human rigt is absolute, I shuld be able to slap sense into your without being challenged.
Re: Facebook Fans Ridiculed Dino Melaye On Democracy Day! by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 30, 2013
SLIDE waxie: hey dude, which king are u? There's only one king on nairaland, and he's nane is KINGwax.
huh? and yur supposed to be the king mtcheww kids on rampage
Re: Facebook Fans Ridiculed Dino Melaye On Democracy Day! by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 30, 2013
click2cbn: We should ask ourselves, y is it dat all dis people become activists wen they r no longer in power?
The answer is that "saints" like you would rather go to Elegushi Beach than actually fight for what is right. When "good and perfect" people like you fold your arms, you invariably create a gaping vacuum for "the likes" of Melaye to fill.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Fans Ridiculed Dino Melaye On Democracy Day! by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 30, 2013
fresh_dude: The answer is that "saints" like you would rather go to Elegushi Beach than actually fight for what is right. When "good and perfect" people like you fold your arms, you invariably create a gaping vacuum for "the likes" of Melaye to fill.
Now tell me wot happens wen Dino Melaye is given a government appointment by dis present government? Dats how gullible we will always be,we always fall for anybody dat tends to "speak" for d masses , d guy is seriously selling himself trying to see if d government will employ him,ur hia quoting n calling me a saint. If 2mrw he is given an appointment now,he will call a press conference claiming he was quoted out of context. N u,freedom fighter,how many fights have u been involved in? Hope u won by knockout
Re: Facebook Fans Ridiculed Dino Melaye On Democracy Day! by bishop4life(m): 11:29pm On May 30, 2013
hmmm...orukwela.
ha abiakwana ozo
onye bukwanu onyenkea?
mtcheeeeew
na d same people
Re: Facebook Fans Ridiculed Dino Melaye On Democracy Day! by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 31, 2013
fresh_dude: This is the foolishness that has crippled this country. Why don't you become an activist and let us, the Nigerian population, follow you? You, these bloody teenagers. You think activism is a day's job? If you cannot be at the forefront, zip it. What an entitled twät.

I really think I need to react to ur comment, quite funny u think of me as a teenager, I am atleast 10 yr post-teenagehood, so thanks for the "compliments"
Well I think we should fall back to the topic at hand, First I'll start by saying dino is a man I respect so much, My very first encounter with him was when he came to uniport (my Alma mater, when i was a student there) in 2010, and I must say Dino is one of the most vocal and eloquent speakers I have ever seen, Dino spoke, and eulogised every youth in that hall, he is part of the persons that made me to really understand the decardence in Nigeria and why we need to collectvely see to a transformed Nigeria, Dino spoke against all the ills in the system, about his activities in the house, how he stood against the ills, criticized how law makers spend looted money recklessly on there GF, and assistant GF, that are young enough to be their garnd children. I saw the need for a transformation, I was ready to follow Dino and join in any protest he organised, I had so much respect for him.
Now you get to understand I really felt betrayed ,when I read those saga about Dino with that lady, not just that, do u know Dino's brother in-law came out and said he believed the lady, that dino physically abuses his wife at home and he has warned him on several occassion to fix his house b4 turning to NIgeria; also that Bimbo lady's(or whatever her name is) friend that purportedly introduced bimbo to Dino while trying to defend Dino, also made us know that Dino came to a lunch she was hosting and Donated 10M naira. In a system u critisize, we re trying to see how to better the life of the masses . Dino is recklessly dishing out money to "hores" . lemme stop here, so as not making my post too long. U get to know that d grudges I have against Dino is more of a personal betrayal,

Just like, learning the Obama I respect so much gets involved in an illicit act, its unthinkable.
I rest my case

(1) (2) (Reply)

Secondus: PDP Governors’ Meeting Deadlocked / President Muhammadu Buhari Is Set To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday / World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.