Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Visafone Evdo Experiences, Anyone? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Visafone Evdo Experiences, Anyone? (2414 Views)

How To Unlock Multilinks Evdo Modem To Work With Mtn Network / Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo / Hp Pavilion Laptop Dv6700 With Starcomms Evdo Data Card: Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visafone Evdo Experiences, Anyone? by shockreaction(m): 6:42pm On Apr 29, 2008
So has anyone here jumped on the Visafone EVDO bandwagon? If so, I'd like to know the following:

1. What's the maximum download speed like for the 600kbps package?

2. Is there any monthly bandwidth cap?

3. What is the latency like?

4. When connected, do you get a proper public IP address? Or are you behind a NAT?

Answers will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Visafone Evdo Experiences, Anyone? by domedoyou: 5:30pm On Apr 30, 2008
visafone are not giving broadband access yet. be warned. i have used it, but there 1x access is better than any other 1x access.
Re: Visafone Evdo Experiences, Anyone? by nkc(m): 7:39am On May 01, 2008
and whst is d download speed, we r not chopping best internet, we want download speed,pls thanks
Re: Visafone Evdo Experiences, Anyone? by idea(m): 10:26pm On May 01, 2008
visafone has broadband, it's very fast and reliable. the 1x is also good.
Re: Visafone Evdo Experiences, Anyone? by aphoe(m): 1:16pm On May 05, 2008
just a side-talk, visafone is owned by Jim Ovia so u should expect them to integrate a lot of IT stuffz. So even if their internet is not very good now, expect them to improve in the nearest future
Re: Visafone Evdo Experiences, Anyone? by McOmo(m): 11:41am On May 06, 2008
WHAT HAS JIM OVIA BEING THE OWNER GOT TO DO WITH INTEGRATION OF IT STURVZ ?

na Abacha be owner of Starcomms ? abi Obasanjo be the owner of Multilinks ?

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Visafone Evdo Experiences, Anyone? by shockreaction(m): 2:02pm On May 06, 2008
Hard facts about my questions, anyone? I'd like to know before I take the plunge.
Re: Visafone Evdo Experiences, Anyone? by EPOMA(m): 12:32pm On May 11, 2008
I have been using Visafone in calabar for the past month with 24hrs services but I have lost 15days of no network due to Nitel strike. If you are in Lagos or Abuja , they are not the best but for the eastern part of Nigeria, they still need some time to set up their own network. I believe in the next 3 months, yes they will be good all round.
Re: Visafone Evdo Experiences, Anyone? by lordimpaq(m): 12:39pm On May 11, 2008
sometimes i wonder, is there anyother alternative than having to go out through SAT 3, ?

I thot Globacom was a SNO, and they should have their own Fiber optic cable, out of Nigeria,

no wonder internet in nigeria is CRAP, the issue is most of the ISPs have a very good internal network structure,

but the main problem is getting to the internet if they have to depend on a solitary point, the point is obviously gonna get congested.

also i think MTN has a fiber optic cable around africa, why can't they just use it or something, believe me, a fiber optic connectivity is way better than a VSAT, trust me when i say that,
Re: Visafone Evdo Experiences, Anyone? by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:29am On May 16, 2008
My simple advise don't go with visafone if you aren't sure. I got myself tortured by Mts worst wireless and it wasn't a good experience
Re: Visafone Evdo Experiences, Anyone? by Golfer: 2:03pm On Dec 21, 2009
I have used starcomms and Visaphone and I must say that I was very impressed by the Visaphone Evdo. The starcomms izap gave me so much probelems that I was actually discouraged from getting any other evdo product.
I used the Visaphone Silver Evdo which is 24/7, in Portharcourt, Abuja and Lagos.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Re: Visafone Evdo Experiences, Anyone? by Digriz(m): 8:44pm On Dec 21, 2009
Very soon u wl hate visafone and prefer another.
Re: Visafone Evdo Experiences, Anyone? by Golfer: 2:47pm On Mar 19, 2010
My Visafone EVDO is still waxing strong.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help, My Yahoo Account Will Not Open When Ever I Sigend In / Broadband Internet With 3g Usb Router Using Zain,mtn,glo, Stacomms: Modem / Mint Toshiba Core I7 Laptop For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.