Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,177 members, 7,829,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

The Short Answer Interviews: Cruelty To Animals: Thehomer, Wiegraf, Plaetton - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Short Answer Interviews: Cruelty To Animals: Thehomer, Wiegraf, Plaetton (541 Views)

plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? / The Short Answer Interviews: Cruelty To Animals: Thehomer, Wiegraf, Plaetton / Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Short Answer Interviews: Cruelty To Animals: Thehomer, Wiegraf, Plaetton by DeepSight(m): 11:45am On May 30, 2013
Yes, here we are again. I'd like you fellas to please advice me with respect to the following.

Is there any value or meaning to the concept "cruelty" to animals, and if so, why?

I would particularly like to understand if in this regard -

- - - > Using animals for scientific experiments is wrong, or amounts to cruelty to animals

- - - > Killing animals for sport (hunting, fishing) is wrong, or amounts to cruelty to animals

- - - > Killing animals for aesthetic purposes such as decorations, fur coats, furniture and the like, is wrong, or amounts to cruelty to animals

- - - > Genetically adjusting animals to meet our needs is wrong or amounts to cruelty to animals

- - - > Using animals for our sports such as Bull Fighting, Cock-Fighting, Dog Fighting, is wrong, or amounts to cruelty to animals.

- - - > Taking animals into our wars - beats such as horses, elephants, camels and other such creatures, and having them gored to death and maimed in our battles is wrong, or amounts to cruelty against animals.

- - - >Hacking my dog to death and eating him for lunch is wrong, and amounts to cruelty against animals

- - - > Torturing animals is wrong, or amounts to cruelty against animals.

Answer according to whatever worldview or moral stance you have: do not be bothered about mine, I do not wish us to start debating what morality means and why, not just now, anyhow. So just answer according to your personal take. Please do not give an academic answer that you feel is politically correct. Give answers of your personal opinion and how you would feel about such acts.

Here is the strict rule please. Only short one line answers are allowed throughout this thread. Nobody is allowed to go into an explanation of anything. You may ask questions, but they must also be short one-liners. The reason for this rule is to arrive at strict logic and not prose: to avoid verbosity and avoid a situation whereby people duck behind meaningless words. Short one liners and no more. Be warned, I have connections amongst the moderators and I have compromised them with gifts of land, houses and cars. If I ask them to ban you from the earth, they will.

Your answers please.
Re: The Short Answer Interviews: Cruelty To Animals: Thehomer, Wiegraf, Plaetton by sushieater: 6:11pm On Jul 26, 2013
Oga deep I hail, how you dey?.. Pls what do you think about this

The Big Bang theory posits that the universe was originally an extremely dense, extremely small singularity. Within this singularity is/was the potential for time and space, and therefore, laws that govern the universe.
This singularity does not sit within space or time itself, as the potential was/is contained within.
The first cause exists outside of the singularity, and is therefore not bound by the laws within the universe, including space and time.
Since the The Big Bang, the singularity has expanded, and the natural laws have resulted in our universe, all still contained within the original singularity.
Anything outside of the realms of natural law cannot exist within the singularity/universe.
Nor the laws of our universe exist outside of the singularity.
I believe that the first cause created the singularity, and all the potential within, but is unable to intervene within the universe in other than natural means, if there is any intervention at all..

I was looking for a topic of yours that I won't derail to ask you that, so I chose this one.. I see myself as a deist these days, that's why I'm kinda disturbing you with this since you're a deist too

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Friday 7th June, 2013 Build Up By Pastor E. A. Adeboy / Why Is Jesus Called The Son Of Man? / Ancient Of Days ALONE Should Be Worshipped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.