Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,094 members, 7,849,418 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:04 PM

SMF Newbie Wants To Says Thanks - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SMF Newbie Wants To Says Thanks (547 Views)

How Can I Embed Google Ads In My Smf Forum / Wordpress Blog With Smf Forum Integrated / SMF 2.0 Beta 4 Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SMF Newbie Wants To Says Thanks by funkymedina: 12:22pm On May 30, 2013
Now this is a story all about how, my life got twisted upside down...(love fresh Prince grin)moving on.. on a serious note

So there I was, roaming through nairaland webmaster section about a week ago like I normally do and stumbled on a post "My Nairaland Mod for smf". I had no idea what smf was but I clicked the link anyway. First of all, I am not a web designer or developer, I like to call my self an advanced IT user with regards to webdesign since it became my latest passion about 1 year ago. I have over a decade experience in IT sha so I am not a complete noobhead.

So anyways, Dual Core made a comment in this thread "Sorry I don't speak English too well, I speak PHP and please don't contact me...cant help you. Please I don't create threads with a general appeal, I create threads that will most likely be understood by only webmasters... this thread should not be on the frontpage"

I laughed when I read that and for some strange reason it sparked something in me. What is smf and why should there be a thread I am excluded from in the webmaster section? So I googled smf, then had a go with bbpress, even invision and the rest is history. Today 8 days later, after sleepless nights, lots of reading, css styling, code adjusting and coffee,I have created what will be a forum section for an existing website of mine. Who would have thunk it? shocked

I'm honestly chuffed to bits about what I have done and would like to say a big Thank You to the gurus in this section and especially to Dual Core. Amazing how a simple comment can unlease some things, create a new direction etc ..

I know what experts like you guys can see sitting down, newbies like me will not see standing on a 10 foot pole. So I would like to ask if you guys could take a look at my forum, its still "in progress" no topics and stuff but i think its almost there but you guys may have a different opinion. What am I doing wrong, any mods I need to have etc. My site is www.itfi.net

I am ready to be taken down a peg or two and the smile wiped off my face but please be gentle, especially you Graphicsplus grin

Sorry for making this too long. Thanks!

PS
This thread is not for the front page grin tongue grin hahahahaha!
Re: SMF Newbie Wants To Says Thanks by lifestyle1(m): 9:49pm On May 30, 2013
Is this a joke or what ? I can't access the site..
Re: SMF Newbie Wants To Says Thanks by funkymedina: 6:09am On May 31, 2013
life_style: Is this a joke or what ? I can't access the site..
huh? the site works fine. Its no joke!

(1) (Reply)

Become A Professional Webdesigner In 4weeks / Free Website Design Training / As A Blogger I Appreciate....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.