Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

True Story - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / True Story (1142 Views)

How i made it against all odds - true story / True Story Of How Women Get Their Husbands Into Trouble / Reason Why Tiv Men Offer Their Wives To Their Guest? True Story Or Fable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Story by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 30, 2013
True story
Re: True Story by Nobody: 8:20am On May 31, 2013
Pls Comments*_
Re: True Story by obowunmi(m): 8:56am On May 31, 2013
Move out. Find your own place.
Re: True Story by mysticgal(f): 10:27am On May 31, 2013
obowunmi: Move out. Find your own place.

na wash you the talk,ehen op sorry to say,your father na beast?haba at that age you are already an adult,and i advice you talk to your father about this,make him see it your way that his correction don pass seme border.goodluck girlie
Re: True Story by Nobody: 11:19am On May 31, 2013
At that age, u're supposed to be in a higher institution or somewhere away from home? Why are you still in the house with him?

Start acting maturedly, stop being a baby, that means you have to GROW UP! If he keeps seeing you as a baby, he'll keep treating you as one. Also, what do you do that warrants beating and scolding all the time?
Re: True Story by Nobody: 11:24am On May 31, 2013
To avoid the these type of stuff is to be in Higher Institution. Try and get admission into school, then your absent will make him respect you when your around. And try to behave mature, anything he tells you to do, do it. DON'T NAG YOUR TO ERRAND
Re: True Story by sexymoma(f): 11:28am On May 31, 2013
He beats you up because he Still sees you around, if you through with SSCE find something doing while you are processing your admission stuff. at 20 you should atleast be in school and if you aint admitted go and look for a job even if they are paying you 5k, just look for where you will be going in the morning and coming backing in the night by then you would set a limit for your father. Some fathers are like that.
Re: True Story by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 31, 2013
Thanks alot guys...
Re: True Story by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 31, 2013
Wizee: To avoid the these type of stuff is to be in Higher Institution. Try and get admission into school, then your absent will make him respect you when your around. And try to behave mature, anything he tells you to do, do it. DON'T NAG YOUR TO ERRAND
How does a mature person act?
Re: True Story by bebe2(f): 3:56pm On May 31, 2013
dis is common in nigeria,

my sister told me yesterday dat one of my brothers beat his 22yr old son.

and the mumu wife wey my brother marry go sit down for corner dey look like goat.

if i dey house dat day eh, e for know say khaki no be leather.

if u r still resorting to beating at that age, just know that u have failed as a parent.

2 Likes

Re: True Story by bebe2(f): 4:04pm On May 31, 2013
wait o , n u be girl
chei, dat one is really bad.
ok, like somebody said look for a job, anything but just dey scarce for the house.

go round ur neighborhood look fo people that u can baby sit their kids. look for sales girl etc.

and pls dont ever accept such behaviour from a man, becos u wont get any sympathy. its unfortunate dat ur dad treatsu like this but if a boyfriend does it to u , ITS YOUR FAULT, BECOS NA U CHOSE AM.
Re: True Story by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 01, 2013
Thanks

1 Like

Re: True Story by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 01, 2013
Thanks
Re: True Story by obyikye(f): 7:07am On Jun 01, 2013
thank God you are already in school, I suggest you save money and register for skill say hair dressing, fashion and design, catering, bead making etc, anything that would take you out of the house everymorning during holiday. Do not be rude to him even if he is annoying. Good luck
Re: True Story by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 01, 2013
Thanks
Re: True Story by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 01, 2013
You better do something that will make u leave the house otherwise he will still treat you like a child.i know of a friends aunt that the father restricts her movement.she is 32,unmarried and has no job.the father still uses cane on her.meanwhile the father will rather go and search for job on her behalf.

My father used to treat me like you when i was 16 years below until i put my feet on the ground and do what he wants as well as avoid him.no one has the right to treat you the way he or she wants without your consent,not even your parent or spouse.i am not telling you to be rebellious but get a job,stop collecting money from dady if you truly want to let off the hook of daddy.i left home for school at 16 plus and during holidays i work,just to stay away from home and earn money and respect for myself.when i get home,i do the house chores and head straight to my room.weekends,i go out to wherever,sometimes sef i dont spend weekends at home.the bottomline is that make yourself scarce at home and whenever you are at home do the house chores and respect yourself.i cant even remember the last time my father hit me.whenever i want to visit friends sef i tell him i am going out and he will say dont be long o.thats the way i earned my respect.act like an adult so that he will treat you like one.that doesnt mean we dont fight but he will NEVER Hit me.the day he stopped hitting me was when i was 16+ i told him i want to talk to him,of course in the presence of my mom.i told them that the way you treat me is the way outsiders will treat me.if you keep beating me at the slightest provocation,when i marry and my husband beats me to death on the pretext that shebi your father beats you to,dont complain.

Anyway it is you that will deliver yourself so that when you are 3o something,they wont be locking you inside the house and be saying friends cannot visit you.mind you,i am female.now i stay alone.i only spend few months at home when i am on leave
Re: True Story by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 01, 2013
You better do something that will make u leave the house otherwise he will still treat you like a child.i know of a friends aunt that the father restricts her movement.she is 32,unmarried and has no job.the father still uses cane on her.meanwhile the father will rather go and search for job on her behalf.

My father used to treat me like you when i was 16 years below until i put my feet on the ground and do what he wants as well as avoid him.no one has the right to treat you the way he or she wants without your consent,not even your parent or spouse.i am not telling you to be rebellious but get a job,stop collecting money from dady if you truly want to let off the hook of daddy.i left home for school at 16 plus and during holidays i work,just to stay away from home and earn money and respect for myself.when i get home,i do the house chores and head straight to my room.weekends,i go out to wherever,sometimes sef i dont spend weekends at home.the bottomline is that make yourself scarce at home and whenever you are at home do the house chores and respect yourself.i cant even remember the last time my father hit me.whenever i want to visit friends sef i tell him i am going out and he will say dont be long o.thats the way i earned my respect.act like an adult so that he will treat you like one.that doesnt mean we dont fight but he will NEVER Hit me.the day he stopped hitting me was when i was 16+ i told him i want to talk to him,of course in the presence of my mom.i told them that the way you treat me is the way outsiders will treat me.if you keep beating me at the slightest provocation,when i marry and my husband beats me to death on the pretext that shebi your father beats you to,dont complain.

Anyway it is you that will deliver yourself so that when you are 3o something,they wont be locking you inside the house and be saying friends cannot visit you.mind you,i am female.now i stay alone.i only spend few months at home when i am on leave
Re: True Story by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 01, 2013

Re: True Story by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 01, 2013
Thanks
Re: True Story by GboyegaD(m): 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2013
Try to find something to do during your vacation not necessarily to make money. You could learn a trade or try to get an internship whether paid or unpaid.
Re: True Story by jmoore(m): 1:43pm On Jun 01, 2013
What are those things you do that makes him to beat you? Stop doing them

There are house rules, if he says don't go out then obey. You are under his roof so you have to endure till you are through with school.
Re: True Story by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 01, 2013
Deejacy2: Thanks a lot girl,I really do appreciate,I guess d best thing is wen I start work n earn just enough money to get mu own place. Popsy is a vry strict Military personnel. Not d social type dat loves to go out to have fun.
doesnt matter girl

(1) (Reply)

Words From A Father To A Son About Marriage / She Talks Too Much / Popular Actress/singer: “how I Contracted HIV From My Church Member”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.