Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Commemorating The 46th Anniversary Of The Declaration Of The Republic Of Biafra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Commemorating The 46th Anniversary Of The Declaration Of The Republic Of Biafra (1675 Views)

Dimeji Bankole Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today! / Osinbajo At The 55th Anniversary Of NBA (Pics) / The Declaration Of Hon. Rotimi Amaechi As Governor Of Rivers State Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commemorating The 46th Anniversary Of The Declaration Of The Republic Of Biafra by odumchi: 5:03am On May 31, 2013
There's nothing I dislike more than people attributing unnecessary importance to themselves. Nwanne m, Afam, come and clean the nonsense uttered by these attention-seekers before this thread turns into what it's not meant to be.
Re: Commemorating The 46th Anniversary Of The Declaration Of The Republic Of Biafra by debetmx(m): 9:40am On May 31, 2013
cry
berem: Why are you non igbos derailing this thread nau? haba it's not fair!

Life aint fair and i am sure Ojukwu knew that before undertaken a foolish military endeavour he knew his people could not win. Biafra in its simplest term was Ojukwu's contempt for Gowon, a fellow Lt. Colonel. In essence the civil war was just a war between Ojukwu & Gowon.

3 Likes

Re: Commemorating The 46th Anniversary Of The Declaration Of The Republic Of Biafra by tomakint: 4:12pm On May 31, 2013
Indeed, Ojukwu and Achebe are political prophets that have proved their worths while alive! May the souls of these great ones continue to rest in peace!

1 Like

Re: Commemorating The 46th Anniversary Of The Declaration Of The Republic Of Biafra by debetmx(m): 4:27pm On May 31, 2013
tomakint: Indeed, Ojukwu and Achebe are political prophets that have proved their worths while alive! May the souls of these great ones continue to rest in peace!

Abandoning his people by running into exile with family members makes him a political prophet. Obviously the ibo man's definition of a hero is different from mine

2 Likes

Re: Commemorating The 46th Anniversary Of The Declaration Of The Republic Of Biafra by malc619(m): 5:04pm On May 31, 2013
RIP to the 2million folks Ojukwu and Achebe led to their grave..

cool
Re: Commemorating The 46th Anniversary Of The Declaration Of The Republic Of Biafra by tomakint: 5:10pm On May 31, 2013
debetmx:

Abandoning his people by running into exile with family members makes him a political prophet. Obviously the ibo man's definition of a hero is different from mine
must you quote me to show your lack of understanding? Read my post and see if it correlates with what you got!
Re: Commemorating The 46th Anniversary Of The Declaration Of The Republic Of Biafra by ijawcitizen(m): 8:28pm On May 31, 2013
I really think this day is worth remembering, indeed it is!
This day when "heroes" forgot the direction of the war front just to invade innocent unharmed Niger Deltans. They raped our women, forcefully evicted us, subjucted us to concentration camps, looted our properties, renamed our towns, murdered our men by firing squad, captured our children, traumatized and terrorized us just because they have access to fire arms. Not to mention the disdain we suffered from the "all powerful" lords of the pre-war Eastern Region.

How can we forget how the ones they successful coerced into "supporting biafra" under duress were further brutalized by the federal troops along with a second dose of all of the former.

Thanks be to God for giving us the strength to overcome the destabilization & emotional trauma. We shall forgive and look beyond the stupidity of a people whose reasoning dictates to them that their large numbers meant SUPERIORITY, and march forward to a greater tomorrow.

God bless the soul of Maj. Adaka Boro- Warrior Extraordinaire of the Niger Delta for chasing the invaders from our God given lands; the battle for our land and future continues.
God bless the Great People of the Niger Delta!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Feel Great Pity For Labaran Maku – Fashola / 12 Depressing Nigerian Records That Would Make Every Patriotic Nigerian Sad / Ffk's Chronic Mouth-odour Allegation Against Tinubu, Who Started This Damage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.