Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? (1896 Views)

Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! / Many Of Us Blame Our Ancestors For The Things Happening In Our Lives & Families / Will All Our Ancestors Go To Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by lovelydoll: 7:40pm On May 30, 2013
Obviously Christianity and Islam did not originate in Africa, it actually originated in the middle east and was spread by force .It is also evident that Africans and every group of people in the world had their own religion ,before we all got colonized and enslaved.

since both religions emphasize on non believers being bad , and our ancestors not being believers. Do you think they went to hell?

1 Like

Re: Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by Rossikk(m): 7:47pm On May 30, 2013
No they did not.
Re: Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 30, 2013
Hell probably doesn't exist

1 Like

Re: Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by Rossikk(m): 7:54pm On May 30, 2013
@poster, I usually research the accounts of Near Death Experiencers and and other Out of Body Experiencers. According to these folks, there are various 'heavens' in existence, each one corresponding to a certain belief system... eg there is the Egyptian heaven, the Mayan heaven, the Igbo traditional heaven, the christian heaven etc etc. In each of these heavens reside souls who are used to such systems perhaps based on their time on earth as humans. They say the Egyptian heaven is the most exciting, full of festivals and laughter. The most boring is the christian heaven... where people dress in white gowns and blow trumpets in praise all day. It is said that many christian souls in their heaven after a while get bored with that routine and move on to more interesting 'heavens'. Of course, at that point they are all aware that there is no 'correct' or 'incorrect' way of doing things, and no punishment for choosing one belief system or convention over the other..

1 Like

Re: Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by tyson55(m): 8:10pm On May 30, 2013
Ehen!

Good question op.

Did they go to hell? *thinkingAloud*

Waiting in anticipation for answers.
Re: Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by Sanboy25: 8:42pm On May 30, 2013

I don't think so.
If you don't know the gospel, you are not guilty before God. smiley
Re: Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 30, 2013
Sanboy25:
I don't think so.
then dont preach the gospel

1 Like

Re: Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 30, 2013
keep it to yourself

1 Like

Re: Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by Sanboy25: 8:58pm On May 30, 2013
fifa456n: then dont preach the gospel keep it to yourself

No need to attack me. undecided
Peace. smiley
Re: Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 30, 2013
lovelydoll: Obviously Christianity and Islam did not originate in Africa, it actually originated in the middle east and was spread by force .It is also evident that Africans and every group of people in the world had their own religion ,before we all got colonized and enslaved.

since both religions emphasize on non believers being bad , and our ancestors not being believers. Do you think they went to hell?

No they didn't ! Hell and heaven is nothing but inventions of the slave masters......and those who believe in them are slaves.
Re: Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:15pm On May 30, 2013
Christians and muslims say YeS

1 Like

Re: Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:25pm On May 30, 2013
fifa456n:
then dont preach the gospel
fifa456n: keep it to yourself

These 2 comments reminded me of a post in one of my threads..

2 Likes

Re: Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by lovelydoll: 10:14pm On May 30, 2013
Rossikk: @poster, I usually research the accounts of Near Death Experiencers and and other Out of Body Experiencers. According to these folks, there are various 'heavens' in existence, each one corresponding to a certain belief system... eg there is the Egyptian heaven, the Mayan heaven, the Igbo traditional heaven, the christian heaven etc etc. In each of these heavens reside souls who are used to such systems perhaps based on their time on earth as humans. They say the Egyptian heaven is the most exciting, full of festivals and laughter. The most boring is the christian heaven... where people dress in white gowns and blow trumpets in praise all day. It is said that many christian souls in their heaven after a while get bored with that routine and move on to more interesting 'heavens'. Of course, at that point they are all aware that there is no 'correct' or 'incorrect' way of doing things, and no punishment for choosing one belief system or convention over the other..

very good explanation.i really hope heaven is how you explain it.
Re: Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by lovelydoll: 10:15pm On May 30, 2013
Sanboy25:
I don't think so.

they were told the gospel,but they were forced into it at first .
Re: Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by lovelydoll: 10:18pm On May 30, 2013
ifeness:

No they didn't ! Hell and heaven is nothing but inventions of the slave masters......and those who believe in them are slaves.
then what is your belief if i may ask?
Re: Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by Sanboy25: 10:18pm On May 30, 2013
lovelydoll: they were told the gospel,but they were forced into it at first .

I believe that God in his Infinite Compassion, would find a way to not send them to hell.
He understood their situation better than we, and better than our ancestors themselves. smiley
Re: Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by lovelydoll: 10:37pm On May 30, 2013
Sanboy25:

I believe that God in his Infinite Compassion, would find a way to not send them to hell.
He understood their situation better than we, and better than our ancestors themselves. smiley

That's a very good explanation,Only God knows.
Re: Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by Sanboy25: 10:38pm On May 30, 2013
lovelydoll: That's a very good explanation,Only God knows.

Thanks. smiley
Re: Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 30, 2013
Afam4eva, please I no go do am again o pls o . Nwanne merenum ebere
Re: Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:04pm On May 30, 2013
lol look @ these xtians, Rosikk n co, trying to console themselves. the truth is heaven doesn't exist in the sky.
Re: Did Our Ancestors Go To Hell? by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 30, 2013
lovelydoll:
then what is your belief if i may ask?

No belief! All beliefs are false!

(1) (Reply)

The Meaning Of "Day" / If My Parents Never Got Married Or Met, Would I Still Have Existed? / Help! I Have The Zeal To Become A Catholic Priest/monk.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.