Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! (2597 Views)

Where Will Mad People Go To: Heaven Or Hell? / Are You Going To Heaven Or Hell? / Church Where You Can Check If Your Name Is In Heaven Or Hell With Just N20,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by Krystalzkris(f): 10:14am On Aug 16, 2015
over the years,I have been wondering where all those who never knew about christianity would go when they die.. The bible and our christian leaders will tell you that you need to believe in christ Jesus to be saved and have eternal life,else you would perish,and that got me thinking what would become of our african ancestors and all other ancient people who never heard of christ...
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by Bacteriocin(m): 10:15am On Aug 16, 2015
If they served God to the best of their knowledge, Heaven straight
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by kestolove95(m): 10:26am On Aug 16, 2015
Let God decide that one
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by cutebobo(m): 10:26am On Aug 16, 2015
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by menesheh(m): 10:29am On Aug 16, 2015
Hell.
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by Krystalzkris(f): 10:33am On Aug 16, 2015
menesheh:
Hell.
why hell
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by menesheh(m): 10:39am On Aug 16, 2015
Krystalzkris:
why hell

You are even talking about our forefather, we don't believe in that fvcking fantasy hell and heaven. The concept of hell is as silly as god concept.
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 16, 2015
Uhmm,,, dont bother urself abt dat. Jst do ur own part to make heaven. Liv our ancestors to God

1 Like

Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by ayoku777(m): 10:55am On Aug 16, 2015
Krystalzkris:
over the years,I have been wondering where all those who never knew about christianity would go when they die.. The bible and our christian leaders will tell you that you need to believe in christ Jesus to be saved and have eternal life,else you would perish,and that got me thinking what would become of our african ancestors and all other ancient people who never heard of christ...

Well, the bible did not say much, if at all, on what will happen to those who died before hearing the gospel of Christ. So no one can give an answer that is authoritative to that effect.

But I believe we can use what the bible did say to make plausible assumptions. But we should not make a doctrine out of an assumption, but just keep it as what it is -an opinion.

The bible did say or imply that the gospel can be preached even to the dead.

1Peter 4v5 -Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.

v6  For for this cause was the gospel preached also TO THEM THAT ARE DEAD, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

This passage said everyone will stand and give account to Christ; alive or dead (including those who died before the time of Christ, or before the gospel got to them.)

Then it said; for this reason; was the gospel also preached to them that are dead; those who died before the time of Christ or before the gospel got to them.

This verse makes it clear that the gospel can be preached and heard even after death.

So while I am not saying authoritatively that this is how God will judge those who died before hearing the gospel; that verse did however prove that the dead can still hear the gospel. And we can very well assume it is one just way to judge such people.

We should know that God is a just God who will not condemn to the lake of fire people who didn't belief in Jesus because they didn't hear of him. They didn't reject the gospel, they just didn't hear of it.

So I believe since according to the scripture the gospel can be preached even after death; that would be a plausible opinion on what happens to those who didn't hear the gospel in their lifetime. They can hear it in death.

So that they would all hear it and be given the privilege to accept and reject like everyone who heard it in life; before they stand before Christ.

Its my personal opinion, not a doctrine.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by Krystalzkris(f): 11:11am On Aug 16, 2015
menesheh:

You are even talking about our forefather, we don't believe in that fvcking fantasy hell and heaven. The concept of hell is as silly as god concept.
smiley
menesheh:

1 Like

Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by Krystalzkris(f): 11:19am On Aug 16, 2015
ayoku777:

Well, the bible did not say much, if at all, on what will happen to those who died before hearing the gospel of Christ. So no one can give an answer that is authoritative to that effect.

But I believe we can use what the bible did say to make plausible assumptions. But we should not make a doctrine out of an assumption, but just keep it as what it is -an opinion.

The bible did say the gospel can be preached even to the dead.

1Peter 4v5 -Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.

v6  For for this cause was the gospel preached also TO THEM THAT ARE DEAD, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

This passage said everyone will stand and give account to Christ; alive or dead (including those who died before the time of Christ, or before the gospel got to them.)

Then it said; for this reason; was the gospel also preached to them that are dead. Those who died before the time of Christ or before the gospel got to them.

This verse makes clear that the gospel can be preached and heard even after death.

So while I am not saying authoritatively that this is how God will judge those who died before hearing the gospel; we can very well assume it is one just was to judge such people.

We should know that God is a just God who will not condemn to the lake of fire people who didn't belief in Jesus because they didn't hear of him. They didn't reject the gospel, they just didn't hear of it.

So I believe since according to the scripture the gospel can be preached even after death; that would be an plausible opinion on what happens to those who didn't hear the gospel in their lifetime. They can hear it in death.

So that they would all hear it and be given the privilege to accept and reject like everyone who heard it in life.

Its my personal opinion, not a doctrine.

Shalom!
then why not leave the gospel till when we die,shebi we can still hear it in death
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by ayoku777(m): 11:22am On Aug 16, 2015
Krystalzkris:
then why not leave the gospel till when we die,shebi we can still hear it in death

The gospel is not just for getting people to heaven, it is also for establishing God's kingdom on earth as it is heaven. Those who hear it in death cannot fulfil that mandate.
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by urheme: 11:22am On Aug 16, 2015
Pagan9ja, okikioluwa highpriest and friends alike over to you.
grin grin

Spread mat waiting to learn smiley
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by Krystalzkris(f): 11:26am On Aug 16, 2015
ayoku777:

The gospel is not just for getting people to heaven, it is for establishing God's kingdom on earth as it is heaven. Those who hear it in death cannot fulfil that mandate.
then why sharing it at death since its no longer important
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by ayoku777(m): 11:32am On Aug 16, 2015
Krystalzkris:
then why sharing it at death since its no longer important

Atleast those who hear the gospel in death will still make heaven, if they accept it; even though they were never vessels through which the kingdom is being advanced on earth (which has its reward in the age to come).

But making heaven is still very very important. It is eternally better than going to the lake of fire.
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by Jozzy4: 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
ayoku777:

Atleast those who hear the gospel in death will still make heaven, if they accept it; even though they were never vessels through which the kingdom is being advanced on earth (which has its reward in the age to come).

But making heaven is still very very important. It is eternally better than going to the lake of fire.

Brother , your response on this thread is totally OFF - TOPIC

The Op asked : where are our anscestors who had died ? You started saying gospel is preached to them !

I) Where are they ? Thats the question

Ii) since there is provision to preach for the dead , everyone can use their lives anyhow since preaching continue afta death , isnt it ?

Iii ) you also said God kingdom will be established on earth ! Empty earth , How ? Aftrall the goal of many christians is to make heaven not earth . Explain pls .
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by Krystalzkris(f): 12:41pm On Aug 16, 2015
Jozzy4:

The Op asked : where are our anscestors who had died ? You started saying gospel is preached to them !

Ii) since there is provision to preach for the dead , everyone can use their lives anyhow since preaching continue afta death , isnt it ?

Iii ) you also said God kingdom will be established on earth ! Empty earth , How ? Aftrall the goal of many christians is to make heaven not earth . Explain pls .
cool
Jozzy4:

Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by Jozzy4: 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
Bacteriocin:
If they served God to the best of their knowledge, Heaven straight

Hmm , Jesus is not important abi ?
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by Jozzy4: 12:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
islandprincess:
Uhmm,,, dont bother urself abt dat. Jst do ur own part to make heaven. Liv our ancestors to God

She should not bother abi ? So what happen to " love your neighbour as yourself" .

You are too selfish .

I like the Op , she has human feelings
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 16, 2015
Jozzy4:

She should not bother abi ? So what happen to " love your neighbour as yourself" .

You are too selfish .

ok
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
urheme:
Pagan9ja, okikioluwa highpriest and friends alike over to you.
grin grin

Spread mat waiting to learn smiley

no point wasting time arguin over silly tinz.

wherever dey go..we will follow them.
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by Krystalzkris(f): 1:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
Jozzy4:

You are too selfish .

i lyk u too. U asked her the question i wanted to ask
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by ayoku777(m): 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2015
Jozzy4:

That's the point I was making; that since the dead can still hear the gospel after death according to 1Peter 4v6; then our ancestors and all who died before the gospel got to them are either in heaven or hell, depending on whether they reject or accept the gospel of Christ after hearing it in death.

1Peter 4v6 -For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

Jozzy4:

No, our lives on earth determing our glorification and greatness in the ages to come (millenial reign and eternity).

So just accepting the gospel and becoming a heaven-bound christian is good but not good enough or perfect.

There is the calling of salvation; and there is the high calling of service. Salvation determines where you will spend eternity; but service determines our reward and greatness in the kingdom.

Philippians 3v14 -I press toward the mark for THE PRIZE OF THE HIGH CALLING of God in Christ Jesus.

There is the prize of the high calling in Christ for those who press. So our lives on earth matter.

Jozzy4:

No, heaven is not the eternal home of the believers. After the millenial reign of Christ with the Church on earth; we will not go back to heaven. The new Jerusalem (the eternal home of the new creation) will come down from heaven to earth with the Father. And planet earth will be the universal headquarters of the kingdom of God.

Rev 3v12 -Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, WHICH COMETH DOWN OUT OF HEAVEN from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Rev 2v10 -And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, DESCENDING OUT OF HEAVEN from God,

After the millenial reign on earth, it is not the church that will go back up; it is the city of God and the saints (the new Jerusalem) that will come down to earth.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by Jozzy4: 6:10pm On Aug 16, 2015

ayoku777
That's the point I was making; that since the dead can still hear the gospel after death according to 1Peter 4v6; Then our ancestors and all who died before the gospel
got to them are either in heaven or hell, depending on Whether they reject or accept the gospel of Christ after Hearing it in death.

1Peter 4v6 -For for this cause was the gospel preached Also to them that are dead, that they might be judged According to men in the flesh, but live according to God In the spirit.

According to the underlined , todays preaching and sermons are TOTALLY USELESS .

Since The final preaching in death determines where they will go ?, then There is second chance in death ? Wow , anyone can live anyhow yahoo boy, prostitutes e.t.c afterall there is a provision for preaching . And chance to listen later . Todays preaching becomes USELESS ENTIRELY .

But why is it that 4 days dead Lazarus, Mary, Martha, Jesus himself said nothing about this preaching stuff ? ( John 11:11-14) ?

ayoku777
No, our lives on earth determing our glorification and
greatness in the ages to come (millenial reign and eternity). So just accepting the gospel and becoming a heaven- bound christian is good but not good enough or perfect. There is the calling of salvation; and there is the high
calling of service. Salvation determines where you will Spend eternity; but service determines our reward and Greatness in the kingdom. Philippians 3v14 -I press toward the mark for THE PRIZE OF THE HIGH CALLING of God in Christ Jesus.
You are still proving it that todays preaching is TOTALLY USELESS .

Forget the grammar ; they lived a bad lifestyle and enjoy life to the full , died and was preached to , then accept the gospel , they made heaven to be with God ? Yes or No .

No, heaven is not the eternal home of the believers. After the millenial reign of Christ with the Church on Earth; we will not go back to heaven. The new Jerusalem (the eternal home of the new creation) will come down
from heaven to earth with the Father. And planet earth will be the universal headquarters of the kingdom of God.
Rev 3v12 -Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in The temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, And the name
of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, WHICH COMETH DOWN OUT OF HEAVEN from my God: And I will write upon him my new name.

Rev 2v10 -And he carried me away in the spirit to a Great and high mountain,
And shewed me that great city,
the holy Jerusalem, DESCENDING OUT OF HEAVEN from God, After the millenial reign on earth, it is not the church that Will go back up; it is the city of God and the saints (the
new Jerusalem) that will come down to earth.
Shalom!

Die , go to heaven and then be deported back to earth . Why would God make you taste heaven only for him to deport you all back to earth ? Confusion grandeur.

What will you say about this ?

Paul said " we shall ALWAYS be with the Lord" . 1 The 4:17

Who is confuse between you both , Paul or Ayoku777 ?
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by jiggaz(m): 6:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
Jozzy4:

According to the underlined , todays preaching and sermons are TOTALLY USELESS .
Since The final preaching in death determines where they will go ?, then There is second chance in death ? Wow , anyone can live anyhow yahoo boy, prostitutes e.t.c afterall there is a provision for preaching . And chance to listen later . Todays preaching becomes USELESS ENTIRELY .
But why is it that 4 days dead Lazarus, Mary, Martha, Jesus himself said nothing about this preaching stuff ? ( John 11:11-14) ?
You are still proving it that todays preaching is TOTALLY USELESS .
Forget the grammar ; they lived a bad lifestyle and enjoy life to the full , died and was preached to , then accept the gospel , they made heaven to be with God ? Yes or No .
Die , go to heaven and then be deported back to earth . Why would God make you taste heaven only for him to deport you all back to earth ? Confusion grandeur.
What will you say about this ?
Paul said " we shall ALWAYS be with the Lord" . 1 The 4:17
Who is confuse between you both , Paul or Ayoku777 ?
My brother you are misunderstanding @ayoku777. what he was trying to tell u is dat, after the Millennial Reign of CHRIST on earth, Believers will not be goin back to Heaven again. Instead, there will be a new Heaven and a new Earth cos this present earth will pass away. Then, new Jerusalem which is the Great city of God will come down from Heaven...... My brother this new earth we are talking about will be PARADISE, it will be sooo beautiful and perfect, no Sickness or diseases. Its nothing like this present earth we are occupying now. Every Believer then will have an inheritance in New Jerusalem..... That's when Eternity will start and we shall forever be with the Lord. Jesus will be with all of us in New Jerusalem. This great city is 100 times more beautiful than TOKYO in Japan... grin . you can imagine that.....
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by Jozzy4: 6:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
jiggaz:
My brother you are misunderstanding @ayoku777. what he was trying to tell u is dat, after the Millennial Reign of CHRIST on earth, Believers will not be goin back to Heaven again. Instead, there will be a new Heaven and a new Earth cos this present earth will pass away. Then, new Jerusalem which is the Great city of God will come down from Heaven...... My brother this new earth we are talking about will be PARADISE, it will be sooo beautiful and perfect, no Sickness or diseases. Its nothing like this present earth we are occupying now. Every Believer then will have an inheritance in New Jerusalem..... That's when Eternity will start and we shall forever be with the Lord. Jesus will be with all of us in New Jerusalem. This great city is 100 times more beautiful than TOKYO in

Let me get your point :
1) you guys will go to heaven for now , but will be deported bak to earth for the millenial reign ?
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by jiggaz(m): 7:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
Jozzy4:

Let me get your point :
1) you guys will go to heaven for now , but will be deported bak to earth for the millenial reign ?
Believers will be caught up in the air with Lord JESUS during the Rapture of the church.... Then after the Great Tribulation, Jesus will return to the world with his Raptured Saints ( thats the Second Coming of CHRIST ) to save the Jews from the anti-christ.... Then after that, the 1000 years millenial reign of Christ will start.

Wait, are u not a Believer Why are u saying you guys?
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by jiggaz(m): 7:13pm On Aug 16, 2015
Jozzy4:

Let me get your point :
Read dis article about the 1000 years Millenial Reign of CHRIST and all your questions will be answered...

https://www.nairaland.com/2512768/exposition-1000-years-millenial-reign
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by Jozzy4: 7:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
jiggaz:
Believers will be caught up in the air with Lord JESUS during the Rapture of the church.... Then after the Great Tribulation, Jesus will return to the world with his Raptured Saints ( thats the Second Coming of CHRIST ) to save the Jews from the anti-christ.... Then after that, the 1000 years millenial reign of Christ will start.

Wait, are u not a Believer Why are u saying you guys?

My point is :

Apostle Paul said once he is caught up to meet the Lord in the air, he will always be with the Lord .

You jiggaz said once you are caught up to meet the Lord in the air , you will later be returned to earth . That means you are not always with the Lord .but only for sometimes

This is contradictory .
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by jiggaz(m): 7:31pm On Aug 16, 2015
Jozzy4:

My point is :
Apostle Paul said once he is caught up to meet the Lord in the air, he will always be with the Lord .
You jiggaz said once you are caught up to meet the Lord in the air , you will later be returned to earth . That means you are not always with the Lord .but only for sometimes
This is contradictory .
Yes Apostle Paul said dat and its not contradictory. We will be with the Lord in Heaven during the Great Tribulation on earth. And we will return to the earth with the Lord during the millenial reign of CHRIST. So i don't see what's contradictory here.
Re: Where Will Our African Ancestors Go? Heaven Or Hell!! by Jozzy4: 7:34pm On Aug 16, 2015
jiggaz:
Yes Apostle Paul said dat and its not contradictory. We will be with the Lord in Heaven during the Great Tribulation on earth. And we will return to the earth with the Lord during the millenial reign of CHRIST. So i don't see what's contradictory here.

Bro, Jesus will also leave heaven and you will together be on earth forever abi ?

(1) (Reply)

Tread To Answer Christians Questions. / Can Any Religious Person Explain Why Religion And Poverty/illiteracy Go Together / How My Father, Late Nigerian Pastor, TB Joshua Constantly Abused Me –ajoke, Daug

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.