Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? (23508 Views)

Distribution Of Exotic Vehicles Divides Senators / SS/SE,If Nigeria Divides Today!Can You Vote Jonathan As The President Of Biafra. / If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by humnsikan: 8:25pm On May 30, 2013
Ok dudes,lets forget this showman thing we've been doing and let's say our minds for once.If Nigeria balkanizes now,or better,if we go our seperate ways,which section of the country do you think will feel the impact most? In my own opinion,i feel it's the west cos...what about you?
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by kkkp: 8:38pm On May 30, 2013
If u ask me na who I go ask

2 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Agbalanze(m): 8:42pm On May 30, 2013
The matter wey u see so, I tee wey i start... undecided
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Dreal1247: 9:07pm On May 30, 2013
humnsikan: Ok dudes,lets forget this showman thing we've been doing and let's say our minds for once.If Nigeria balkanizes now,or better,if we go our seperate ways,which section of the country do you think will feel the impact most? In my own opinion,i feel it's the west cos...what about you?
Why do u think its the west that will suffer most.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by cjrane: 9:44pm On May 30, 2013
Dreal1247: .
Why do u think its the west that will suffer most.
I agree with you. Without Nigeria,the artificial congregation and concentration of the entire national business enterprise in the SW will naturally cease.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by stebell(m): 10:40pm On May 30, 2013
I think the west will suffer more. They don't contribute anytin to de nations economy. Hehehe I can see some of yu saying wat of de sea ports in Lagos. I laff yu cos if dis country seperates, Lagos will automatically cease to exist. Infact it will become a ghost town. The only reason Lagos is still standing is because of "oyel" money. My tots tho

7 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Mogidi: 10:52pm On May 30, 2013
I think this is a very important topic and I agree its gotta be the west. The west will only have cocoa as source of foreign exchange earner. The North am sure has oil aplenty in their desert.
Mods please frontpage.

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by ba7man(m): 10:54pm On May 30, 2013
Sadly, there are a lot of dullards above me. There are companies that their annual turn over is far more than the total amount we realize from Oil. Switzland has no oil or natural resource but is far richer than Nigeria, Japan has little resources but is a far richer country than Nigeria. The west has a Vibrant population, crude-oil, Bitumen, Cocoa, Limestone and arable land for cash crops to mention a few. The west will have it best because peace is required for progress. I just hope the South East and Niger Delta region don't get stuck in a battle for control of oil resources because we all know that those kinds of resources lead to civil wars in Africa.

16 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by dayokanu(m): 10:57pm On May 30, 2013
The part that would suffer most is the part that cant stay in their own region

The part with red barren clay soil

The part where every adult must flee from if they want to make it in life

The part that car parks every January looks like there is a war going on

The part that visiting the South West is like going to America

The part where the indigenes are afraid to live for fear of being kidnapped and eaten

The part whose governor even had a Special adviser on Lagos affairs

The part that would end up being land locked.

The part that struggles to attache to the South South by force

55 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by dayokanu(m): 10:59pm On May 30, 2013
ba7man: Sadly, there are a lot of dullards above me. There are companies that their annual turn over is far more than the total amount we realize from Oil. Switzland has no oil or natural resource but is far richer than Nigeria, Japan has little resources but is a far richer country than Nigeria. The west has a Vibrant population, crude-oil, Bitumen, Cocoa, Limestone and arable land for cash crops to mention a few. The west will have it best because peace is required for progress. I just hope the South East and Niger Delta region don't get stuck in a battle for control of oil resources because we all know that those kinds of resources lead to civil wars in Africa.

The West has Oil and natural resources, Has a natural coast line, Has a world class Port, An International airport, Has several industries, Has a large population to support it, has fertile land for agriculture and highly educated and responsible citizens things some regions can only wish for

And in the West they dont wake their father fro bed with sliding tackles grin grin grin grin

I no mention anyone name oo

26 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by ba7man(m): 11:03pm On May 30, 2013
The most important resource any country can have is its "Human resources" which is determined by how skillful and intelligent they are. Any region that can harness its human resources most effectively will be the most sucessful region. Those thinking there is no life outside oil will end up killing themselves over it......Wait....they've already started killing themselves, kidnapping themselves, stealing the oil(bunkering), destroying their environment themselves by blowing up pipelines in the name of protesting, fighting themselves...... "Where great natural resources is discovered in Africa, people there suffer a great deal". Its a normal occurence in Africa.

9 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by ba7man(m): 11:06pm On May 30, 2013
dayokanu:

The West has Oil and natural resources, Has a natural coast line, Has a world class Port, An International airport, Has several industries, Has a large population to support it, has fertile land for agriculture and highly educated and responsible citizens things some regions can only wish for

And in the West they dont wake their father fro bed with sliding tackles grin grin grin grin

I no mention anyone name oo
May the most welcoming and religious tolerant region win. Crude oil, diamonds in the hands of idiots will lead to war but a barren desert in the hands of intelligent individuals will lead to a fertile farmland and plentiful harvest for all. The human brain is the most important resource....not Crude-oil. Think people, THINK!!!

16 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Afam4evaIsASlut: 11:07pm On May 30, 2013
stebell: I think the west will suffer more. They don't contribute anytin to de nations economy. Hehehe I can see some of yu saying wat of de sea ports in Lagos. I laff yu cos if dis country seperates, Lagos will automatically cease to exist. Infact it will become a ghost town. The only reason Lagos is still standing is because of "oyel" money. My tots tho

Dont worry, you'll find out useful that Oil is to you when the U.S becomes the largest Oil producer in the world by 2015. When they become independent of foreign Petroleum producers in less than 48 months I'd like you to come repeat this rubbish your monkey mouth blurted out.

If the West is smart they'll be vigorously pushing for Nigeria's disintegration starting now cus major shiyyyt is about to hit the fan.

3 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Hadone(m): 11:10pm On May 30, 2013
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 30, 2013
We will all suffer..!

But if it comes to it, the West will come out non the worse for it.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 30, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

Dont worry, you'll find out useful that Oil is to you when the U.S becomes the largest Oil producer in the world by 2015. When they become independent of foreign Petroleum producers in less than 48 months I'd like you to come repeat this rubbish your monkey mouth blurted out.

If the West is smart they'll be vigorously pushing for Nigeria's disintegration starting now cus major shiyyyt is about to hit the fan.

As a matter of fact, western nations are working towards alternative energies to oil. U.S is about to become the number one oil producing nation. If that happens, Nigeria must look for other ways to generate money. Southwestern Nigeria has a lot to gain when western nations stop buying oil from Nigeria because of the enormous human resources available to us.

2 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by aljharem(m): 11:16pm On May 30, 2013
Yes the west and north would suffer the most grin grin grin grin while the east would be the most successful

3 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by ba7man(m): 11:18pm On May 30, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

They'll sell to China.....but is there a guarantee that their average citizen will feel its effect?? I don't think so because currently, with the money being pumped into that region, there isn't much to show for it so what's the guarantee that will change?? As long as they keep looking at other regions as their enemy, their leaders will keep plundering them and get richer. Billionaires will emerge from the Niger Delta but the region will still be stagnant.....Wait....I think its happening already.

2 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 30, 2013
alj harem: Yes the west and north would suffer the most grin grin grin grin while the east would be the most successful

Within a year, the united republic of SS/SE will emerge the best in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Mogidi: 11:22pm On May 30, 2013
ba7man: Sadly, there are a lot of dullards above me. There are companies that their annual turn over is far more than the total amount we realize from Oil. Switzland has no oil or natural resource but is far richer than Nigeria, Japan has little resources but is a far richer country than Nigeria. The west has a Vibrant population, crude-oil, Bitumen, Cocoa, Limestone and arable land for cash crops to mention a few. The west will have it best because peace is required for progress. I just hope the South East and Niger Delta region don't get stuck in a battle for control of oil resources because we all know that those kinds of resources lead to civil wars in Africa.

This would rank as one of the biggest deceit in human history if the west indeed have the above yet rely solely on our oil. Sorry to have to spell it out crudely, but without our crude (pun intended) you guys will starve.

4 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 30, 2013
ba7man: They'll sell to China.....but is there a guarantee that their average citizen will feel its effect??.

Why arent they selling to China now. Dude, Nigeria is up shiyyt's creek and u en even know it!
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by ba7man(m): 11:28pm On May 30, 2013
Mogidi:

This would rank as one of the biggest deceit in human history if the west indeed have the above yet rely solely on our oil. Sorry to have to spell it out crudely, but without our crude (pun intended) you guys will starve.
Wrong...How much does each western state receive as monthly allocation due to Oil?? Now how easy do you think it would be to create alternate industries that will generate the equivalent or more?? Do you think its Only oil companies that are present in the west?? Don't be Miopic, there are tonnes of companies that generate way more income than Nigeria. You are part of those that belive there is little or no life outside crude-oil. Crude thinking. The west will be prosperous. Do you even know how many African Countries that don't have oil but are still flourishing?? Kenya for example. Learn to think not belive Crude oil is your Alpha and Omega.

11 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by ba7man(m): 11:34pm On May 30, 2013
With the huge allocation the Niger Delta is receiving ATM, there are still Non-oil producing African Nations that receive less but have it better than them. So what's the big deal?? The greater percentage of the Oil is even squandered on a few so its not as if the masses really feel it in the first place. Trust me, That crude oil some place their hopes on is over-rated.

3 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 30, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Within a year, the united republic of SS/SE will emerge the best in Africa.

And then they will be called the father of modern African countries.

7 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Mogidi: 11:42pm On May 30, 2013
ba7man: Wrong...How much does each western state receive as monthly allocation due to Oil?? Now how easy do you think it would be to create alternate industries that will generate the equivalent or more?? Do you think its Only oil companies that are present in the west?? Don't be Miopic, there are tonnes of companies that generate way more income than Nigeria. You are part of those that belive there is little or no life outside crude-oil. Crude thinking. The west will be prosperous. Do you even know how many African Countries that don't have oil but are still flourishing?? Kenya for example. Learn to think not belive Crude oil is your Alpha and Omega.

You continue to repeat the Sw will be prosperous without explaining where the money will come from. Citing a country like kenya is silly because the dynamics are different, where's your Massai mara?

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by ba7man(m): 11:51pm On May 30, 2013
Mogidi:

You continue to repeat the Sw will be prosperous without explaining where the money will come from. Citing a country like kenya is silly because the dynamics are different, where's your Massai mara?
The money will come from Crude-Oil, Cocoa (You need to visit OAU university campus to know what was acheived with Cocoa money), Bitumen, other cash crops we can grow. We will always come out sucessful because we know how to set aside differences and come together to acheive common goals. We also have a diverse and intelligent population that will continue to fuel the service based industries.......see, its not only crude-oil that's an industry. This will also allow us explore manufacturing things for Chrissake!!!...."Made in Oduduwaland". I used Kenya as an example because they have abundant wildlife and instead of killing them, they harnessed them to boost their tourism......they were "Thinking". Using your brain is important, far more important than Crude-oil.

13 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by ba7man(m): 12:00am On May 31, 2013
To those thinking Crude-Oil is their God......A thinking, innovative population is far more important than all the Crude-Oil in the World. "The most valuable resource a country can have is its human resource".....not crude-oil. If you don't belive this, sorry, but you're not intelligent enough.

3 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by lacasa: 12:01am On May 31, 2013
dayokanu: The part that would suffer most is the part that cant stay in their own region

The part with red barren clay soil

The part where every adult must flee from if they want to make it in life

The part that car parks every January looks like there is a war going on

The part that visiting the South West is like going to America

The part where the indigenes are afraid to live for fear of being kidnapped and eaten

The part whose governor even had a Special adviser on Lagos affairs

The part that would end up being land locked.

The part that struggles to attache to the South South by force

Hммм°!! i know this Part cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by UyiIredia(m): 12:08am On May 31, 2013
I think it's the North. However, everyone would suffer from it so it's very unlikely it'll happen.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

''Wicked People Vandalised Nigeria" - President Buhari From London(video) / Governor Inuwa-Yahaya Nominates Husseina, Goje’s Daughter As Commissioner, Gombe / 2019 Presidency: South West PDP Group Endorses Gov. Dankwambo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.