Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? (23452 Views)

Distribution Of Exotic Vehicles Divides Senators / SS/SE,If Nigeria Divides Today!Can You Vote Jonathan As The President Of Biafra. / If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by dakunj1(m): 12:15am On May 31, 2013
kingoflag:

Look at another imbe.cile just thinking cus he can now walk upright he can talk to humans in any manner he feels like....

I have never benefited from Nigeria's Oil. I do not depend on it, nor do/has any member of my immediate family. So, unless youre trying to tell me that somehow, the Oyel from the Niger-Delta is responsible for my development from birth, kindergarten all the way through College and my Adult years..... and if youre telling me that you Oyel is the reason why I can sleep well at night without fear of armed robbers breaking into my home, constant electricity, Cops seeking bribes from me or an overall good standard of living (the type of which you couldnt see even in your dreams) I'll advice you to shut the fxuck up and go back to swimming in the polluted creeks from which you obviously crawled out of, you mo.ron.
GBAM!!!

6 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Mogidi: 12:16am On May 31, 2013
ba7man: The money will come from Crude-Oil, Cocoa (You need to visit OAU university campus to know what was acheived

I like your enthusiasm but still surprised you guys are not using this "human resources" you so eloquently believe would elevate your region. Btw have you checked the prize of cocoa recently? If your region expect to rely on cocoa for export, then Oguduwa republic is dead on arrival.
kingoflag:

I have never benefited from Nigeria's Oil. I do not depend on it, nor do/has any member of my immediate family.

Listen bonehead, your progeny will never benefit from our oil, now say amen!

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by ba7man(m): 12:23am On May 31, 2013
Mogidi: .

I like your enthusiasm but still surprised you guys are not using this "human resources" you so eloquently believe would elevate your region. Btw have you checked the prize of cocoa recently? If your region expect to rely on cocoa for export, then Oguduwa republic is dead on arrival.

This oil you so belive in isn't really felt by the population. I mean, does Nigeria look, feel or operate as an Oil producing Country should?? The larger percentage of money generated from "Your Oil" is used to maintain the most expensive Government in the World, Bunkered off by your kins men, Shared by Niger-Delta ministries and its State Governments and fraudulently used to enrich NNPC top officials and Top Government officials. Its practically crumbs that falls off the table. There will be little difference if this nation divides and its supply is cut off. This Country has never enjoyed the Oil wealth, its only a few that did. Its Abuja that will bear the brunt of it, the west will be just fine.

9 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by ba7man(m): 12:33am On May 31, 2013
I'm currently about to sleep in darkness which is a normal thing, fuel is so expensive, the roads are messed up......the environment is nothing to write home about....Where exactly is this oil money affecting my life?? Benin Republic has it better and they don't have oil so no one should give me that "Oil" bullsh*t.

5 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by dayokanu(m): 12:43am On May 31, 2013
Mogidi: .

There is Oil in the SW, Enough for our use. We have other mineral deposits. Plus the hardworking honest people. The natural coastline, The International airport and seaport.

I think you should be more worried about your attache region who cant stay on their own

BTW once the division is complete every flat head in the SW needs to relocate back to his or her region

Citizenship is not by birth in Oduduwa, You would need to tell us and locate your grandfathers family house and compound.

FESTAC Ladipo market are not Family house so you know

10 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by ba7man(m): 12:45am On May 31, 2013
Hey!! I finally get it. Its the Ex presidents, Federal Government officials, Ministers, Senators, Legislators, Governors, top NNPC officials and othe politicians that get to suffer because the Oil money will no longer flow the way it used to. As for the masses in all regions, the oil money never got to you all so life will be business as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by sakaguchi(m): 12:56am On May 31, 2013
I don't know who will suffer most but I know the Niger-Delta republic will be better off than the rest.
Note: we are not together with South-East, no!
Everybody will be on its own, South-South rules.
We are tired of these three major thieving language deal, we wouldn't want them in our Niger-Delta republic.

6 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by CyberG: 1:25am On May 31, 2013
sakaguchi: I don't know who will suffer most but I know the Niger-Delta republic will be better off than the rest.
Note: we are not together with South-East, no!
Everybody will be on its own, South-South rules.
We are tired of these three major thieving language deal, we wouldn't want them in our Niger-Delta republic.

The ibos are absolutely part of the ND and yet they shall be kings of the oil! Say a big AMEN! grin grin grin In the year of the lord, thou shall purge them and set them to flight towards the land of the Immortals, in the West as the Oracle has spoken! Then, there shall descend a mighty Cyclops at the crossing of the Great River Niger to utterly smite the fleeing invaders..., and ... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Gbawe: 2:11am On May 31, 2013
kingoflag:

Look at another imbe.cile just thinking cus he can now walk upright he can talk to humans in any manner he feels like....

I have never benefited from Nigeria's Oil. I do not depend on it, nor do/has any member of my immediate family. So, unless youre trying to tell me that somehow, the Oyel from the Niger-Delta is responsible for my development from birth, kindergarten all the way through College and my Adult years..... and if youre telling me that you Oyel is the reason why I can sleep well at night without fear of armed robbers breaking into my home, constant electricity, Cops seeking bribes from me or an overall good standard of living (the type of which you couldnt see even in your dreams) I'll advice you to shut the fxuck up and go back to swimming in the polluted creeks from which you obviously crawled out of, you mo.ron.

The whole braggadocio of some in the ND over "their" oil "feeding Nigeria" is borne of sheer ignorance and intellectual laziness. Ondo Oil and gas contributes 12% to the total output of Nigeria.

http://www.ondostatemoi.gov.ng/node/70

Mineral Resources
Oil and Gas, Ondo State produces 12% of Nigeria's total output. Other mineral resources found in the state are: Quart Sand, Clay, Granite, Limestone, Talc, Kaolin, Coal, Columbite, Rock, Tin, River, Mineral deposits, Bitumen which is the second largest in the world, Ocean fronts and the longest Coastline in Nigeria.

I assume it is common knowledge, for the well-informed anyway, that Lagos is moving closer to joining the ranks of oil producing States.

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-oilfield-to-start-production-in-2014/

Lagos oilfield to start production in 2014

JANUARY 2, 2013 BY STANLEY OPARA

By 2014, oil is expected to be produced for the first time offshore Lagos State from the Aje gas and condensate field, which lies in Oil Mining Lease 113 in the Benin Basin, about 43 kilometres offshore Lagos.

The field is currently in the development planning stage, with first production expected in 2014, according to the United States Energy Information Administration’s website.

Aje field is expected to reach a plateau production of between 50,000 to 80,000 barrels of oil equivalent a day. The water depth in the region is 3,000 feet.

Key shareholders in the field include Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum and Chevron.

Finally, no less than Akpabio has admitted that Lagos will be the richest oil producing state if oil dichotomy is abolished. I don't think any of us need to be Einstein to understand that dichotomy will no longer be an Issue if there is no federal Government to direct accrual to the centre since extant Nigerian law that force such will become redundant.

I think many Nigerians really need to educate themselves because the pervasive ignorance displayed here daily is troubling. The mere fact some are still ignorantly going on about oil with more Nigerian States (like Enugu and Anambra) revealing significant deposits continuously is even indicative of how some are highly misguided thinking they will be on top, and others will "suffer", when their appalling lack of knowledge only signifies that they may be in for the shock of their lives if their continuous and highly ignorant noise of separation is honoured.

In my opinion it is an organised, united, productive,tolerant and politically sophisticated populace that is key above all else for me as per the notion of former Nigerian regions thriving as stand-alone new nations. Viewed from this perspective, it is obvious the SW will be fine even as I would not be presumptuous enough to insouciantly and arrogantly state who will "suffer" if Nigeria separate. I leave that to the introspection of ignorant braggarts.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/3449-if-oil-dichotomy-is-abolished-lagos-will-become-richest-oil-producing-state-in-nigeria-akpabio

If oil dichotomy is abolished, Lagos will become richest oil-producing state in Nigeria - Akpabio

I know Nigerians. If the totality of dichotomy is removed, Lagos will produce the highest quantity of oil; yes, because, Bonga oil field is located within the Lagos area, it is a deep sea oil, it produced 800,000 barrels of oil a day. If the issue of dichotomy is removed today and they say there is no longer dichotomy, the state that might be the highest oil producing state in Nigeria today is Lagos.

22 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by cfours: 2:43am On May 31, 2013
Things will continue mostly as they are. Being independent in paper doesn't necessarily means that one is independent. Nigeria can be divided into 10 parts yet be controlled by the same people as when it was attached together as one.
on the other hand, we can choose to remain as one yet have considerable autonomy in each region. this is ideal.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Koffiman: 3:19am On May 31, 2013
dayokanu: The part that would suffer most is the part that cant stay in their own region

The part with red barren clay soil

The part where every adult must flee from if they want to make it in life

The part that car parks every January looks like there is a war going on

The part that visiting the South West is like going to America

The part where the indigenes are afraid to live for fear of being kidnapped and eaten

The part whose governor even had a Special adviser on Lagos affairs

The part that would end up being land locked.

The part that struggles to attache to the South South by force
I also think the part that wud suffer most is that part well- known for credit card fraud in d US, hooliganism and terrorism in d UK and killing and human parts trading in Lagos, Oyo and Ekiti.
A part whose demi god- Awo taught them not to work hard and be self- reliant, but always engage in envy, pulling other pple down and criminally benefit 4rm their success
A part that enjoys slavery so much that they can do anything 4 their slavemasters frm d north just to feed frm their crumbs.
A part that is so dependent on govt that that she cannot survive without stealing and embezzlement, e.g Etteh, Grange, bankole, Balogun, Bode, Babatope, Otedola, Ogunlewe, etc
A part whose other five states in terms of dev and poverty are a shadow of one state Lagos- a collective effort of Nigerians.
A part that enjoys being dirty and petty to their own detriment.
A part that has abandoned her then lucrative Cocoa business 4 oil wealth that belongs to another.
A part full of cowards, noise makers and mudslingers
And finally, a part that is struggling to attach itself to d Itsekiris of Delta cos they have oil.

22 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by elrony(m): 5:29am On May 31, 2013
Hahahaha lwkmd see as dem argue nonsense....tribalised idiots..

2 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:07am On May 31, 2013
ba7man: Sadly, there are a lot of dullards above me. There are companies that their annual turn over is far more than the total amount we realize from Oil. Switzland has no oil or natural resource but is far richer than Nigeria, Japan has little resources but is a far richer country than Nigeria. The west has a Vibrant population, crude-oil, Bitumen, Cocoa, Limestone and arable land for cash crops to mention a few. The west will have it best because peace is required for progress. I just hope the South East and Niger Delta region don't get stuck in a battle for control of oil resources because we all know that those kinds of resources lead to civil wars in Africa.
u dnt av to comment. I was particularly enjoying the chilish discussion of d kids above u. They dnt need to be enlightened, they needed to be left wallowing in their false knowledge.

All d info they ever knw is either gotten from nairaland of facebook. No normal kids go on research works these days.

If this was a term paper, imagine d failures!
There is oil in lagos offshore, ondo and ogun state. There are farm lands, bitumen, lime stone, coal, timber, rubber and gold at ilesha.

Shldnt these av beem covered in their elementary classes?

2 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 6:30am On May 31, 2013

4 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by stebell(m): 6:31am On May 31, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Within a year, the united republic of SS/SE will emerge the best in Africa.
Pls I wanna ask why do yu peeps always want to connect de South South wit South East. Let me tell yu we In de SS don't share that feeling wit yu. because we go to de same church doesn't make us One. Stay in ur South East n leave de South South alone. Wanderers. Last tym I checked, yu peeps in SE started a war wit out consulting anyone frm de SS. I still stand by my earlier post @ Topic.

6 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 6:52am On May 31, 2013
dayokanu:

There is Oil in the SW, Enough for our use. We have other mineral deposits. Plus the hardworking honest people. The natural coastline, The International airport and seaport.

I think you should be more worried about your attache region who cant stay on their own

BTW once the division is complete every flat head in the SW needs to relocate back to his or her region

Citizenship is not by birth in Oduduwa, You would need to tell us and locate your grandfathers family house and compound.

FESTAC Ladipo market are not Family house so you know
grin ahahahaaha !!!
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by asha80(m): 6:54am On May 31, 2013
stebell: Pls I wanna ask why do yu peeps always want to connect de South South wit South East. Let me tell yu we In de SS don't share that feeling wit yu. because we go to de same church doesn't make us One. Stay in ur South East n leave de South South alone. Wanderers. Last tym I checked, yu peeps in SE started a war wit out consulting anyone frm de SS. I still stand by my earlier post @ Topic.
the person u qouted is a sw making jest of se and ss.direct your vitriol to him.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 6:56am On May 31, 2013
Some peeps are so obsessed with this oyel thing to the extent that it would eventually consume them.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 7:02am On May 31, 2013
dayokanu: The part that would suffer most is the part that cant stay in their own region

The part where the indigenes are afraid to live for fear of being kidnapped and eaten

Yes truly. . . .The ibos will suffer more !
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 7:06am On May 31, 2013
stebell: Pls I wanna ask why do yu peeps always want to connect de South South wit South East. Let me tell yu we In de SS don't share that feeling wit yu. because we go to de same church doesn't make us One. Stay in ur South East n leave de South South alone. Wanderers. Last tym I checked, yu peeps in SE started a war wit out consulting anyone frm de SS. I still stand by my earlier post @ Topic.

The plan of the ibos is to dominate the Niger delta and enslaves even Isaac Boro knew the antics of Ojuku and he fought against him.With the likes of Clark and his campaign against alignation with the ibos,the ijaws should feel relaxed about any intimidation from the ibo.you own the oil and don't let nobody dominate you as they did in 19657 !
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by juman(m): 7:08am On May 31, 2013
No region would suffer.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by ba7man(m): 7:18am On May 31, 2013
Some sit on their lazy backsides drinking palmwine and screaming "Our Oil is what's used to develop Nigeria!!!" Which development?? The Oil money has never been felt in this Country...... I just hope those powerful oil bunkerers don't already have an army of millitants and a large stash of weapons to defend their business incase this nation divides(Which i belive they already do)....... Rather than face their leaders that allow foreign companies and other Nigerians exploit them after collecting money, they face the west and say "You will not get our Oil money" Which oil money??

1 Like

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by defashan: 7:21am On May 31, 2013
South East (ibos) will suffer the most.

They are scattered all over the world because their place is not habitable.
Their behaviours will catch up with them and they will suffer xenophobic attacks.

Port harcourt ikwerre will deny them and they will be landlocked like uganda etc.infact south south will deny them,they will seek support from ika people of delta and found none

Prices of food will skyrocket there cos they dont give priority to agriculture..

Bad leadership and internal squabble will consume them.

Their elite will return to USA and uk leaving the uwazurikes,chris uba and the orji kalus to finally set the whole place on fire.
Crime will be rampant,it will be free for all.

Eventually they will beg Nigerians to forgive them but it will be too late.

9 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 7:22am On May 31, 2013
juman: No region would suffer.

Its gonna be terrible. I'll tell you why.

The North will never want to let the rest go freely, but with no support from the rest of the country this time--- and with hunger and starvation staring them in the face--- their populace will flee Southwards ( mainly towards the West) ; skirmishes are sure to abound as their potential hosts try to keep them out.

There will definitely be a power struggle between the SS and SE--- the SE still believes part of the SS belongs to them and they will try for a rematch of 1966-70 in attempts to regain "lost" property. That, plus the realization that they'll be landlocked if they dont go to war will pit them in a deep, long, and bloody struggle with their brothers.

The West will not have this problem as the family all regard themselves as one. From Edo down to Lagos (and probably parts of the Delta) there'll be relative peace--- but they'll be drawn into confrontations with terrorist/refugees from the North and the battles between the SS/SE will leave them stretched and destabilized like their brethren in the North and the SE/SS.

Overall, I do not envision a situation where Nigeria could split peaceful. All I see is total chaos and breakdown of law and order. Its high time Nigerians call their Govts to order to avoid these scenarios.

3 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by Nobody: 7:32am On May 31, 2013

grin grin grin
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by ba7man(m): 7:46am On May 31, 2013
The S.E can come out better for it if only they remain at peace with the other regions and focus heavily on manufacturing. They have a knack for making stuff, They can start off by selling to other regions before they start exporting to other African Countries.

3 Likes

Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by juman(m): 7:53am On May 31, 2013
kingoflag:

Its gonna be terrible. I'll tell you why.

The North will never want to let the rest go freely, but with no support from the rest of the country this time--- and with hunger and starvation staring them in the face--- their populace will flee Southwards ( mainly towards the West) ; skirmishes are sure to abound as their potential hosts try to keep them out.

There will definitely be a power struggle between the SS and SE--- the SE still believes part of the SS belongs to them and they will try for a rematch of 1966-70 in attempts to regain "lost" property. That, plus the realization that they'll be landlocked if they dont go to war will pit them in a deep, long, and bloody struggle with their brothers.

The West will not have this problem as the family all regard themselves as one. From Edo down to Lagos (and probably parts of the Delta) there'll be relative peace--- but they'll be drawn into confrontations with terrorist/refugees from the North and the battles between the SS/SE will leave them stretched and destabilized like their brethren in the North and the SE/SS.

Overall, I do not envision a situation where Nigeria could split peaceful. All I see is total chaos and breakdown of law and order. Its high time Nigerians call their Govts to order to avoid these scenarios.

Every region can stay alone and be a prosperous and a very successful country. It all depends on the leaders determination and attitude.

But even if nigeria divides, north and west would join together one day.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by kolamilan(m): 8:03am On May 31, 2013
i think the SE will suffer most because, the Igbo will stop
complicating issues because of oil which they themselves do
not own. The solution is that just take the oil away and Nigeria's
problems would be gone forever and Nigerians will learn how
to live and survive peacefully and work for their money
without oil. No offence to
my igbo brothers.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by onitshaigbo(m): 8:15am On May 31, 2013
North will suffer the most. They're parasites of the South, and when they're detached from their hosts (the South), they'll starve like Niger or Chad.
Re: Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? by 3ace(m): 8:23am On May 31, 2013

Hmmm.. lovely. Indirect clever dissemination of information.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

President Jonathan Visits Super-Eagles In Ethiopia / Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo / "Apologise To Governor Ortom" - Reps Order Police IG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.