Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? (11503 Views)

What Offence Would Someone Commit That You Cannot Forgive? / The Sin That God Cannot Forgive? (the Unpardonable Sin) / Can One Pray To God To Forgive The Sins Of Another? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by gistsky: 9:22am On May 31, 2013
She is being battling wt an issue for sometimes now. A very close frd of hers treated her the way she least expected. She felt so horrible, cried for days, Even stil crying. Though the friend apologised but she is finding it difficult to forgive. Pls someone help. How does she go about it? Revenge? because it's like she ll feel better if she fight bk. Are there things u can't forgive? If yes why? If No, how do you overcome unforgiveness?
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Opey4luv(m): 11:40am On Jun 02, 2013
REVENGE. An eye for an eye.
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 02, 2013
nothing i cant forgive,though it may hurt,but time is the greatest healer of pain.

its good to forgive,and let go,it promotes friendship,and also frees the mind.

7 Likes

Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by adexsimply(m): 11:42am On Jun 02, 2013
cheesy how exactly was she treated?
anyway,I prefer KARMA handling things for me, cos "KARMA IS A BITCH!! never stops until it gets you" wink wink

8 Likes

Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by ophilly: 11:43am On Jun 02, 2013
Infidelity is one sin I can never forgive.

6 Likes

Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by emperorcent(m): 11:47am On Jun 02, 2013
wy wont man forgive, after so much sins wich we av commited baba God still forgives us so i dont see any reason why human cant forgive, it is even written to To err is Human but to forgive na Final. So learn hw to forgive

2 Likes

Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by charcoalblaq(m): 11:48am On Jun 02, 2013
Nope.

Oh yeah there is one, i almost forgot.

I cant forgive STUPEED people, i dont know why.
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by dapzyadix(m): 11:49am On Jun 02, 2013
Experiencing same tin now 4rm sum1...hope she 4give n 4get sad
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by peteronyii: 11:50am On Jun 02, 2013
abeg 4give her revenge belongs to the lord.

1 Like

Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by alukotope: 11:51am On Jun 02, 2013
Nothing o, revenge belongs to God

1 Like

Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by DJDOLA(m): 11:52am On Jun 02, 2013
Look for a GUN...I don't need 2 tell u wat 2 do wit it
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Kslib(m): 11:53am On Jun 02, 2013
@op,why not tell us what the friend did to you so we can advice you better..
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Shakara123(m): 11:54am On Jun 02, 2013
The best form of torture to someone who hurts you is not by hurting him or her back, but by forgiving,forgetting, and ignoring such a person. Sometimes when we go the 'do me I do you' way, we only end up regretting and causing more harm to ourselves or\and loved ones.
Let it go. Very hard to do, but just do and let God do the rest.
I have knowledge of someone who lost his life due to this single act of "I must do him back". My dear, it is not worth the tears and pains. It is not worth the revenge. Please let go.

5 Likes

Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by browncool(m): 11:55am On Jun 02, 2013
Why seek for advise if you can't post what's the issue all about? I hope its not some silly girl sleeping with your man because that kind forgiveness hard small

1 Like

Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 02, 2013
It varies,there are sum finz pple does 2 me dat wud luk big n unforgiveable bt i wud 4give,while there r also finz sum pple does dat they wud take 4 granted thinkin i wudn't take it as an offence..xo wat m tryin 2 say is dat i 4give dose dat knw they nid 4giveness..
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by bknight: 11:59am On Jun 02, 2013
emperorcent: wy wont man forgive, after so much sins wich we av commited baba God still forgives us so i dont see any reason why human cant forgive, it is even written to To err is Human but to forgive na Final. So learn hw to forgive

Man is not God. Offend me, I revenge,,,then God forgives me

1 Like

Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by tunapawizzy: 12:00pm On Jun 02, 2013
gistsky: She is being battling wt an issue for sometimes now. A very close frd of hers treated her the way she least expected. She felt so horrible, cried for days, Even stil crying. Though the friend apologised but she is finding it difficult to forgive. Pls someone help. How does she go about it? Revenge? because it's like she ll feel better if she fight bk. Are there things u can't forgive? [/b]If yes why? If No, how do you overcome unforgiveness?
[b]OH yes, i can't 4give my galfriend if she denies me sex in the middle of the nyt when i cant easily find an alternative
ALSO i cant forgive u if u steal my dodo or i beg u for dodo and u refuse to give me

1 Like

Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by tunapawizzy: 12:01pm On Jun 02, 2013
peter onyii: abeg 4give her revenge belongs to the lord.
No revenge is human forgiveness is divine....I am not God
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by dabrake(m): 12:21pm On Jun 02, 2013
God forgives, I don't - Rozay
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Ptoocool(m): 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2013
peter onyii: abeg 4give her revenge belongs to the lord.
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:32pm On Jun 02, 2013
It takes maturity to let go, biliv me. Some things hurt us so bad jes wanna be vindictive!

But it takes maturity, and the ideology dt 'all is vanity' to jes wave it aside and moved on without d tot of revenge!
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by illicit(m): 12:34pm On Jun 02, 2013
if someone happens to be behind the death of any of my relatives especially my parents, i will never try to 4giv dat person, unless its an accidental occurence, but if its proved to me premeditated, naturally d spirit of my folks wont forgive me too if i cant avenge their man made demise...... U see?

1 Like

Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by demmy55(m): 12:41pm On Jun 02, 2013
Yeah. Only if someone kills me when I'm not prepared.

Na heaven sure pass o! grin
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 02, 2013
The quote 'Life is unfair' is indeed a true statement. However, how are we supposed to learn and grow as christians if we do not get hurt or face adversities. I strongly believe in the saying that everything happens for the greater good, IMHO I woulds say brace up and forgive your friend because if you don't you keep the pain in your heart and you prevent the heavenly Father from forgiving your sins too. True forgiveness is a virtue for the strong willed.
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by benizu(m): 12:46pm On Jun 02, 2013
Forgiveness is d bedrock of Christainity. If u cant forgive ur friend or neighbour dat hurts u, how do u expect God to forgive u ur mistakes, bcuz we offend God everyday n He still keeps on forgiving us nomatter wat we've done.
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Smilingbob(m): 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2013
Forgiveness is and will always remain †ђξ sweetest form of revenge!!!!!
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 02, 2013
Forgiveness is for the strong hearted. It is a virtue and not some canned products you pick up from the shelve.

Whatever happens to you, is a lesson to you. Learn from it and move on. Oooh, remember that life is too short for you to waste days (if not months) planing for revenge.

The sweetest part of life is when somebody that offend you keeps on looking at his/her shoulder thinking that you're coming for a pound of flesh while you're busy eating nkwobi and hero.

Be kind to tell us what the person did next time because there are different canes for different as*.

1 Like

Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Fussbot: 1:14pm On Jun 02, 2013
If u no like my post a no go 4give u ogrin
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 02, 2013
Yeah, I can never forgive myself if I deny myself some fantastic pleasures for someone who is not worth it... <<< ι ¢αηησт ƒσяgινє ∂αт!!!

1 Like

Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:16pm On Jun 02, 2013
When the offender apologise, it should be easier to forgive & forget.
I d say that
Re: Are There Things You Cannot Forgive? by Ashlyy20(f): 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2013
There is ntin i cnt forgive.if u bear in mind hw God forgives u den u will av d ability 2 forgive odas.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Churches Turned Into Mosques / Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel / Happiness: 7 Bible Verses On How To Live A Joyful Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.