Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel (11552 Views)

Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) / New Dead Sea Scrolls In Israel Reveals Fragments Of Biblical Prophets (Pics) / The Lord's Chosen Storm Gambia, Many Muslims Converted (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by Alao046(m): 9:50am On Dec 07, 2017
I read a post on this forum this morning about Donald triumph declaring Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. It was stated that the population of Jerusalem is about 850000 people, with 61% jews and 37% Muslims, meaning that other religion such as Christianity, Hinduism and others are under the remaining 2%. I went to the wikipedia to browse about religion in Israel and i discovered that in their 2011 census, they had 71% jews, 16.9% Muslims, 2.1% christainsin and 1.7% druze.
Why is there a very poor population of Christians in Israel, i also read that the third holiest ground in Islam is in Jerusalem(al-aqsa mosque), behind the mosque s in mecca and medinna. I want to know why all these, there ought to be a very little number of Muslims in the state, and vice-versal for the xtains, but instead their population is increasing, from 16.9% in 2011 to 37% in 2017. Jesus Christ was a christain and came from Israel, how come there are no xtains in Israel today, why are they jews and Muslims mostly. Where does Christianity hails from, if not Israel . Why do Muslims have their third holiest land in where ought to be a christain land. All these question are going through my mind now, please who are these Jews and who are these Muslims. I need answers please.
Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by Kokolet11: 10:36am On Dec 07, 2017
Hahaha another pained muslim from north

7 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by Alao046(m): 11:07am On Dec 07, 2017
Kokolet11:
Hahaha another pained muslim from north
i need knowledgeable people to comment not dullards

9 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by LUTAKiNG101: 11:11am On Dec 07, 2017
End tyms man
Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by Kokolet11: 11:15am On Dec 07, 2017
Alao046:

i need knowledgeable people to comment not dullards
grin e pain him well well

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by EazyMoh(m): 11:16am On Dec 07, 2017
Your answer is inbedded in a history spanning more than 1000years.For the better part of the last 1000years the city has been under Muslim rule. The only reason why there are still indigenous non-Muslims in the city is simply because the Muslim conquerors (from khalifa Umar Bn Khattab to Salahudden Al Ayyoubi) never expelled them from the city. Instead they were given right to practice their respective religions as long as they do not challenge the Islamic rule of the city.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 07, 2017
Alao046:
I read a post on this forum this morning about Donald triumph declaring Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. It was stated that the population of Jerusalem is about 850000 people, with 61% jews and 37% Muslims, meaning that other religion such as Christianity, Hinduism and others are under the remaining 2%. I went to the wikipedia to browse about religion in Israel and i discovered that in their 2011 census, they had 71% jews, 16.9% Muslims, 2.1% christainsin and 1.7% druze.
Why is there a very poor population of Christians in Israel, i also read that the third holiest ground in Islam is in Jerusalem(al-aqsa mosque), behind the mosque s in mecca and medinna. I want to know why all these, there ought to be a very little number of Muslims in the state, and vice-versal for the xtains, but instead their population is increasing, from 16.9% in 2011 to 37% in 2017. Jesus Christ was a christain and came from Israel, how come there are no xtains in Israel today, why are they jews and Muslims mostly. Where does Christianity hails from, if not Israel . Why do Muslims have their third holiest land in where ought to be a christain land. All these question are going through my mind now, please who are these Jews and who are these Muslims. I need answers please.
LMAO
This our brother needs to read widely and not narrow himself to Biblical stories grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by Rotimik: 11:37am On Dec 07, 2017
Alao046:

The story is very long. The Roman Empire destroyed Israel ( 3 times 67AD, around 100AD, and also much later). They banned anyone from setting foot on Jerusalem upon the pain of death.
Christians and Jew's dispersed around the world.

Efforts of Jews and Christians to resettle in Jerusalem was further thwarted by invading Moslem Jihadists in the 600sAD.It was not until 1948 that Israel was able to recover about one-quarter of her land called Palestine-the name given to the land of Israel by its ancient Roman conquerors. The other parts of the ancient land of Israel was given to the Arabs ( Lebanon and Jordan in particular) by the British, which was the Superpower of the world when the Moslem Ottoman Empire who seized Israel from Jews and Christians collapsed after the 1st World War.

Many Jews who practiced Judaism have been moving into Israel since 1948 while Messianic Jews (Christians) live mainly in the United States and Europe.

For more information, google and download free books on the history of the dispersion of the Jews and Christianity.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by Rotimik: 11:53am On Dec 07, 2017
To answer your question about the Al asqar mosque.

The location of the mosque is the exact location of the Jewish Temple which was destroyed by the Roman forces in 67AD, a few decades after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The Jews were dispersed and the land left desolate.

Centuries later Christians built a magnificent church on the same spot until Islamic Jihadists invasion in the 600s which saw to the destruction of the church and it's replacement with a mosque.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by rlauncher(m): 12:00pm On Dec 07, 2017
EazyMoh:
Your answer is inbedded in a history spanning more than 1000years.For the better part of the last 1000years the city has been under Muslim rule. The only reason why there are still indigenous non-Muslims in the city is simply because the Muslim conquerors (from khalifa Umar Bn Khattab to Salahudden Al Ayyoubi) never expelled them from the city. Instead they were given right to practice their respective religions as long as they do not challenge the Islamic rule of the city.

The Islamic rule of the city fell after the WWI to the British.

Moslems seized Israel by force until they lost it to the British. The failure of the British government to do the right thing when Israel came under their authority is why Moslems are still claiming rights to Jerusalem today.

They gave the best parts of the land of Israel to Jordan and Lebanon because of crude oil in those places. Even after that Moslems still want to claim the little that is left for themselves.

Today, River Jordan where John the Baptist baptized the Lord Jesus Christ is in Jordan while Bethlehem where Christ was born is in the same country of Jordan. Travesty of justice committed by the British against the Jews in favour of the Arabs, all because of crude oil.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by EazyMoh(m): 12:03pm On Dec 07, 2017
rlauncher:

The Islamic rule of the city fell after the WWI to the British.
You are right, and they have done a horrible job in handling the custody situation of the city.
Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by olasaad(f): 12:41pm On Dec 07, 2017
What is the difference between jew and christian. Are they not the same thing
Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by Lekmusic: 1:04pm On Dec 07, 2017
olasaad:
*sigh*
Where to start from...
Just google abeg

7 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by Olibboy: 1:10pm On Dec 07, 2017
olasaad:
Jew
noun
1. a member of the people and cultural community whose traditional religion is Judaism and who trace their origins to the ancient Hebrew people of Israel.

Olaasad don't be sad

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by smoy: 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2017
Alao046:
go on with more of your research and you will come to know the truth that Isiac and Ishmael were all blessed by God and Jesus came from Isiac while Muhammed came from lineage of Ishmael and they all came with one religion to follow and worship One God only not Jesus not Muhammed is worthy to be worship.

on this city is the city of the holy massangers and it belongs to all followers of these prophet of One God and it was the followers of the other prophet that changes the religion of God of total submission called Islam, Jesus never came with a religion called christianity nor Moses came with Judaism they all came to submite to One God and that is called Islam. later or sooner islam shall take over the city in its totality.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by olasaad(f): 1:32pm On Dec 07, 2017
Olibboy:
Jew
noun
1. a member of the people and cultural community whose traditional religion is Judaism and who trace their origins to the ancient Hebrew people of Israel.

Olaasad don't be sad

I know this. But which one is Jesus and who are the Jew. I want to know the difference. Not hating just seeking knowledge here
Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by shadeyinka(m): 1:42pm On Dec 07, 2017
olasaad:

I know this. But which one is Jesus and who are the Jew. I want to know the difference. Not hating just seeking knowledge here
A Jew is an Isrealite/trace his roots from Jacob. A Jew will normally practice Judaism as a religion (religion of Moses).

Jesus, Mary, David and most of the prophets known in Islam are Jews, with the exception of Abraham, Ishaq, Ismaeel and those before them.

Ishaq gave birth to Yakub (Jacob) and his descendants are Jews.
Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by Gggg102(m): 1:44pm On Dec 07, 2017
olasaad:

Jews don't recognise Jesus as the Messiah

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 07, 2017
smoy:
go on with more of your research and you will come to know the truth that Isiac and Ishmael were all blessed by God and Jesus came from Isiac while Muhammed came from lineage of Ishmael and they all came with one religion to follow and worship One God only not Jesus not Muhammed is worthy to be worship.

on this city is the city of the holy massangers and it belongs to all followers of these prophet of One God and it was the followers of the other prophet that changes the religion of God of total submission called Islam, Jesus never came with a religion called christianity nor Moses came with Judaism they all came to submite to One God and that is called Islam. later or sooner islam shall take over the city in its totality.

How? You would defeat Israel and the western forces?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by smoy: 1:53pm On Dec 07, 2017
Alcatraz005:

How? You would defeat Israel and the western forces?
Forces? they all belong to Allah and shall obey when the time comes and its near.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by olasaad(f): 1:55pm On Dec 07, 2017
Gggg102:

Jews don't recognise Jesus as the Messiah

Okay

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 07, 2017
smoy:
Forces? they all belong to Allah and shall obey when the time comes and its near.

What are you saying? We all serve God so what are you saying?

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by olasaad(f): 1:59pm On Dec 07, 2017
shadeyinka:

A Jew is an Isrealite/trace his roots from Jacob. A Jew will normally practice Judaism as a religion (religion of Moses).

Jesus, Mary, David and most of the prophets known in Islam are Jews, with the exception of Abraham, Ishaq, Ismaeel and those before them.

Ishaq gave birth to Yakub (Jacob) and his descendants are Jews.

I'm confused here. Someone says Jesus is not a Jew
Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by mujahid777(m): 2:08pm On Dec 07, 2017
Rotimik:

To answer your question about the Al asqar mosque.

The location of the mosque is the exact location of the Jewish Temple which was destroyed by the Roman forces in 67AD, a few decades after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The Jews were dispersed and the land left desolate.

Centuries later Christians built a magnificent church on the same spot until Islamic Jihadists invasion in the 600s which saw to the destruction of the church and it's replacement with a mosque.
Abeg lie with sense nah sad
Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by smoy: 2:09pm On Dec 07, 2017
Alcatraz005:

What are you saying? We all serve God so what are you saying?
we soppose to be serving God but unfortunatly human has chosen another religion for themself called christianity and judaism, Jesus never practise christianity nor Moses practice Jedaism but they all submitted to the will of one God called Islam.
Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by shadeyinka(m): 2:12pm On Dec 07, 2017
olasaad:

I'm confused here. Someone says Jesus is not a Jew

Jesus was a Jew from the tribe of Judah. Judah was the fourth son of Jacob (yakub) through his wife Lear.

Muslims are taught to hate Jews so much that they loose fact that most of the prophets they we're supposed to believe in are Jews.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by shadeyinka(m): 2:15pm On Dec 07, 2017
smoy:
we soppose to be serving God but unfortunatly human has chosen another religion for themself called christianity and judaism, Jesus never practise christianity nor Moses practice Jedaism but they all submitted to the will of one God called Islam.

How can you believe such lies.?
The God of the Jews is known as Jehovah
Is the God of Muslims Jehovah?

Judaism is just observance and practice of the Laws of Moses

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 07, 2017
smoy:

So we should all be Muslims? Can you picture how the world would have been if we were all Muslims? I am tired of even sharing the same country with you muslims.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by smoy: 2:22pm On Dec 07, 2017
shadeyinka:

How can you believe such lies.?
The God of the Jews is known as Jehovah
Is the God of Muslims Jehovah?

Judaism is just observance and practice of the Laws of Moses
the God of Jew was never called Jehova, the original neme of God was lost in the Jew descendant for the reason that they dont called the name of God for its holiness and that was how it got lost. Allah was the name. research yourself.
Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by olasaad(f): 2:25pm On Dec 07, 2017
shadeyinka:

Jesus was a Jew from the tribe of Judah. Judah was the fourth son of Jacob (yakub) through his wife Lear.

Muslims are taught to hate Jews so much that they loose fact that most of the prophets they we're supposed to believe in are Jews.

Pls I'm just asking a question here not degrading one religion over another. Btw Muslims knows that most prophets of Allah are white and only few are arab including our own prophet Muhammed and we were taught to respect all the prophets either arab, jew/christian without insulting them because doing so is a sin in Islam.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by smoy: 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2017
Alcatraz005:

So we should all be Muslims? Can you picture how the world would have been if we were all Muslims? I am tired of even sharing the same country with you muslims.
Muslim is not terrorist but many claimed to be, terro is never Islam and for the all to be Muslim shall be better for your hereafter bc that is only religion to be accepted by God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel by shadeyinka(m): 2:37pm On Dec 07, 2017
olasaad:

Pls I'm just asking a question here not insulting one religion over another. Btw Muslims knows that most prophets of Allah are white and only few are arab including our own prophet Muhammed and we were taught to respect all the prophets either arab, jew/christian without insulting them because doing so is a sin in Islam.

I have not insulted the religion of Islam. I am only speaking the truth as I know it.

Let me give you some examples:
1. No Muslim cleric will allow a Jew to touch his "Holy Quran" because the Jews are supposed to be unclean
2. There are hadiths which state that at the end of the world, even the rocks will call upon Muslims to come and kill a Jew hiding behind it.
3. There is even a special Lahda (Blessing) for a Muslim who kills a Jew in Jihad

These we're the reasons why I said Muslims we're taught to hate Jews.

BTW, until now, I didn't know for sure you were a Muslim. If I insulted Islam, I am sorry.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

An Athiest Turned Christian. God Thank You For This Last Chance / How Would You Describe Jesus? / Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.