Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother (4483 Views)

A Blogger Apologize To Diezani After This Happenned.(photo) / It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere / Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by angel101(f): 11:23pm On May 07, 2008
@ kobojunkie
quick one 4 u. can u pls point out anywhere in omotade's statement where he acussed BA or the british police of racism?
Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by Kobojunkie: 12:03am On May 08, 2008
is there a particular reason why you decided to ask me this question?? @Angel101
Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by angel101(f): 2:16pm On May 08, 2008
The reason is obvious
Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by Kobojunkie: 11:59pm On May 08, 2008
Maybe to you it is but to me it is not cause I can not read your mind. If you followed the thread at all, you would know that question is puzzling.
Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 09, 2008
Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by angel101(f): 12:52pm On May 09, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Maybe to you it is but to me it is not cause I can not read your mind. If you followed the thread at all, you would know that question is puzzling.

seeing as this thread is based on the letter written by mr omotade and throughout the thread u have suggested (somewhat condescendingly) that the matter should not be treated as a racist issue but rather as a customer service one. do u now see the reason for my question?
Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by Kobojunkie: 1:05pm On May 09, 2008
No, I do not. Considering that no where in this thread is there a claim that he actually claimed racism but it is implied over and over in the comments made by majority on this issue. With the colonial and the references to the man being black and BA somehow being White overLord. Why did you not instead direct your question to those who continue to claim it is racial and so agree with Omotade??
Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by angel101(f): 9:51pm On May 09, 2008
whatever mate. its obvoiuosly ur way or the high way!!
Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by Kobojunkie: 11:52pm On May 09, 2008
Oh, Now it is my way You are the one who asked me a straight question and I was wondering why you would even come in at this point of the debate to ask such a question.
Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by angel101(f): 4:33pm On May 10, 2008
come in at what point kobojunkie?i have been on the thread as long as u have not to mention the fact that i have been on another thread discussing this same issue. in any case, how does the point at which i came in even affect the question asked? if u have no answer to the question its ok to say so.
Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On May 10, 2008
Again, have you gone through the thread You asked me of Omotade's race cry and I ask you why you decided to ask me that question. So far, waiting for you to help me with that answer before I proceed cause the last thing I want to do is going around this circle one more time with another person on here with issues of others not being accepting of his/her personal opinion.

1 Like

Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by angel101(f): 4:53pm On May 10, 2008
Kobojunkie:

No, I do not. Considering that no where in this thread is there a claim that he actually claimed racism but it is implied over and over in the comments made by majority on this issue. With the colonial and the references to the man being black and BA somehow being White overLord. Why did you not instead direct your question to those who continue to claim it is racial and so agree with Omotade??

angel101:

seeing as this thread is based on the letter written by mr omotade and throughout the thread u have suggested (somewhat condescendingly) that the matter should not be treated as a racist issue but rather as a customer service one. do u now see the reason for my question?

y dont u read the thread
Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On May 10, 2008
Read what??  Go back again and be sure the thread is based on his letter. The first post, which I complained about, maybe another take on the mans idea of what happened but are you sure the discussions that ensued are actually based on that letter??
Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by ayanfe(m): 6:08pm On May 10, 2008
Kobojunkie, You are grandstanding. Why don't you point to where race was implied before you brought it up. You seem to be the one obsessed with the White overlord relationship which is a theme that curiously runs throughout your posts in this forum. Again, where exactly are you from and why is your nationality too hideous for you to reveal?
Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by Kobojunkie: 6:11pm On May 10, 2008
Where did I bring it up and in reference to what. That is the question, you may need to answer for me here. Grandstanding is not a crime especially after posting my opinion so clearly for all to read and enjoy. I am wondering why the sudden focus on if the man claimed racism in this one letter or not when most all new paper posts that have included the very same letter have alluded to this being an issue of racism. We have tons of posts already on the same subject, so many threads pointing to racism as being the issue at hand here. Anyone who has spents half as much time actually researching this issue,would understand that the cry, as pointed out over and over on this topic has been racism and not customer service.  If you guys want to continue dragging this on unnecessarily, fine with me, I can play the game as well.  grin

1 Like

Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by Spermdrops(m): 11:50pm On May 10, 2008
Any boycotts yet? embarassed

Lazy people! This is the second month after your "maltreatment" excercise.  What are you guys waiting for? It has also been a year plus or so since your brother died in Spain for resisting deportation back to the hell hole called Nigeria. I say what are you guys waiting for?

Only to make noise. Lazy things!

Do you guys need a loan?

Give me a holla! kiss

Useless cows!

1 Like

Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by ayanfe(m): 2:31am On May 11, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Where did I bring it up and in reference to what. That is the question, you may need to answer for me here. Grandstanding is not a crime especially after posting my opinion so clearly for all to read and enjoy. I am wondering why the sudden focus on if the man claimed racism in this one letter or not when most all new paper posts that have included the very same letter have alluded to this being an issue of racism. We have tons of posts already on the same subject, so many threads pointing to racism as being the issue at hand here. Anyone who has spents half as much time actually researching this issue,would understand that the cry, as pointed out over and over on this topic has been racism and not customer service. If you guys want to continue dragging this on unnecessarily, fine with me, I can play the game as well. grin

Do you think people who are speaking up against the issue have a racial view of the issue or a nationalistic view?
Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by ayanfe(m): 2:33am On May 11, 2008
Spermdrops:

Any boycotts yet? embarassed

Lazy people! This is the second month after your "maltreatment" excercise. What are you guys waiting for? It has also been a year plus or so since your brother died in Spain for resisting deportation back to the hell hole called Nigeria. I say what are you guys waiting for?

Only to make noise. Lazy things!

Do you guys need a loan?

Give me a holla! kiss

Useless cows!

Pick one
(1) Either you are hoody trash/akata from the worst low down ghetto somewhere in Chicago and have enough free time on your hand because your mom's is on Welfare and partly subsidized by Tyrone the crack dealer

(2) You are a typical oyibo / red neck trashy bastard and your dad is also your uncle and your sister's brother and you hope to keep the spermdrops in your pathetic family by knocking up your sister when she turns 13.

(3) You are a pathetic failed immigrant who just discovered American roads are not paved in gold, your get rich quick schemes are landing your more jail hours than work hours and you are finding ways to express his failure.
Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by Kobojunkie: 2:34am On May 11, 2008
Ofcourse a majority have a racial view and definitely a minority have a  nationalistic view. Infact, I am yet to meet one person or two with the nationalistic view. Many will try to deny the racial view but the continous mention of the British being overlords that need to be put in their place already gives you the inside on their view. Even majority of the reports already speak volumes

http://allafrica.com/stories/200805050275.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/a-world-of-casual-racism-exposed-at-ba-815842.html

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/index.php/content/view/9066/55

http://www.africanloft.com/nigerians-booted-off-london-lagos-british-airways-flight/

http://www.nigeriancuriosity.com/2008/04/casual-racism-at-brutish-airways.html

http://www.bnvillage.co.uk/village-square/98571-ordeal-ba-flight-racist-police.html

http://www.einnews.com/nigeria/newsfeed-nigeria-racism-xenophobia

As a matter of fact, I will go on to say that those who are against this being handled as a Nigerian issue are more nationalistic than those who are going around claiming those who would prefer this be handled NIGERIAN AGBERO style, are. Reason is cause it is clear that there is no evidence for racism, or this happening to ONLY NIGERIANS as there are records of such on different airlines in the world. Plus, this issue is not a BA issue as BA was clearly following the UK police who also happen to be the one's who Omotade ought to have sued as He is also a British subject ( citizen) who approached British police on duty.
Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by sheniqua: 2:40am On May 11, 2008
ayanfe:

Pick one
(1) Either you are hoody trash/akata from the worst low down ghetto somewhere in Chicago and have enough free time on your hand because your mom's is on Welfare and partly subsidized by Tyrone the crack dealer

(2) You are a typical oyibo / red neck trashy and your dad is also your uncle and your sister's brother and you hope to keep the spermdrops in your pathetic family by knocking up your sister when she turns 13.

(3) You are a pathetic failed immigrant who just discovered American roads are not paved in gold, your get rich quick schemes are landing your more jail hours than work hours and you are finding ways to express his failure.

hmm
actually spermdrops is a she
and a "respected" nairalander at that lipsrsealed
don't take her too seriously
Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by Spermdrops(m): 7:40pm On May 11, 2008
ayanfe:

Pick one
(1) Either you are[b] hoody trash/akata from the worst low down ghetto somewhere in Chicago [/b] and have enough free time on your hand because your mom's is on Welfare and partly subsidized by Tyrone the crack dealer

(2) You are a typical oyibo / red neck trashy bastard and your dad is also your uncle and your sister's brother and you hope to keep the spermdrops in your pathetic family by knocking up your sister when she turns 13.

Ouch! cheesy All this cusses for only me? shocked

He he he he he he he!

I say where is the "boycott"?

Marrer of fact, you are wrong on all counts.  A bonafide Nigerian who loves Nigeria dearly unlike you hypocrite.  Please go and plead with the "Mexicans" or "Hispanics" world wide to give you the basic 4-1-1 on how to stage-manage successful boycotts.  You have no economic, social or political power to even protest against the flies buzzing around your anus!

grin grin grin

sheniqua:

hmm
actually spermdrops is a she
and a "respected" nairalander at that lipsrsealed
don't take her too seriously

Don't mind the bloody banned recycled poster! cheesy

ANY BOYCOTTS YET I ASK? tongue

1 Like

Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On May 11, 2008
Another racial reference On behalf of the so called victim in this case

Quote from: bollingjoe on Yesterday at 11:22:26 PM
somebody shld sue them

read below Nigerians don't waste time

The following legal action has been filed against British Airways
by the Nigerian Bar Association through their counsel Chinua Asuzu.
IN THE FEDERAL HIGH COURT, IN THE LAGOS JUDICIAL DIVISION, HOLDEN AT LAGOS, IN THE MATTER OF APPLICATION BY: 1. AYO OMOTADE, 2. OLISA AGBAKOBA SAN, 3. NIGERIAN BAR ASSOCIATION

FOR LEAVE TO ENFORCE THEIR FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS
AND
IN THE MATTER OF THE FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS (ENFORCEMENT PROCEDURE) RULES 1979 MADE BY THE CHIEF JUSTICE OF NIGERIA PURSUANT TO SECTION 42 (3) OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA 1979

BETWEEN:

1. AYO OMOTADE
2. OLISA AGBAKOBA SAN
3. NIGERIAN BAR ASSOCIATION Applicants

AND: BRITISH AIRWAYS Respondent

STATEMENT PURSUANT TO ORDER 1 RULE 2 (3) OF THE FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS (ENFORCEMENT PROCEDURE) RULES 1979

B. RELIEFS SOUGHT BY THE APPLICANTS

1 A DECLARATION that the arrest, detention, harassment, humiliation, intimidation, jettisoning, manhandling, molestation, persecution, threatening and tormenting of the 1st Applicant on or about 27/3/2008 on board the Respondent's Flight BA075 from London to Lagos without warrant or lawful justification by British police and law enforcement officers, with the assistance, co-operation and support of the officers and crew of the Respondent, in the circumstances of this case, are unlawful in the municipal laws of both Nigeria and the United Kingdom, as well as in international law, and violate the 1st Applicant's rights to:-

i. personal dignity, ii. personal liberty, iii. personal security, iv. freedom of movement, v. freedom of expression, vi. protection against racial and ethnic discrimination, vii. protection against national domination, viii. protection from cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment , ix. protection from arbitrary arrest and detention, x. rights-compliant social and international order, xi. national and international peace, and xii. good health guaranteed him by sections 34(1), 35(1), 39(1), 41(1) and 42(1) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999; articles 2, 4, 5, 6, 12, 16(1), 19 and 23 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples' Rights; and articles 1 to 7, 9, 13 and 28 of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

2. A PERPETUAL INJUNCTION restraining the Respondent, its officers or crew or any of them, whether by themselves, their agents, officers, privies or servants, or otherwise howsoever, from doing or attempting or purporting to do, or letting any authority or person do or attempt or purport to do on the Respondent's flights, any of the following: arresting, detaining, harassing, humiliating, intimidating, jettisoning, manhandling, molesting, persecuting, threatening or tormenting the 1st Applicant, or in any other manner contravening the 1st Applicant's fundamental rights.

3. A DECLARATION that the 2nd Applicant, as a senior officer of this Honourable Court, a human rights activist, a public interest litigator, and as the President of the 3rd Applicant, is competent to join in bringing this suit, on behalf of the 1st Applicant's fellow Nigerian passengers, numbering over 100, on the Respondent's Flight BA075, in the public interest.

4. A DECLARATION that the 3rd Applicant, as the umbrella association of Nigerian lawyers with a huge stake in the advancing, defending and promoting the human rights of Nigerians all over the world, is competent to join in bringing this suit, on behalf of the 1st Applicant's fellow Nigerian passengers, numbering over 100, on the Respondent's Flight BA075, in the public interest.

5. A PUBLIC APOLOGY from the Respondent to the 1st Applicant, and to the 2nd and 3rd Applicants as representing the 1st Applicant's said fellow Nigerian passengers, numbering over 100, showing the passenger manifest with the names of Nigerians in bold italics, published in at least 5 major Nigerian dailies in terms of section 35(6) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999.

6. COMPENSATORY DAMAGES from the Respondent to the 1st Applicant for his unlawful arrest and detention, in light of section 35(6) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999.

7. FURTHER OR OTHER RELIEF.

C. GROUNDS UPON WHICH THE RELIEFS ARE SOUGHT

1.The Respondent's grievous desecration of the Applicants' fundamental human rights offends not only the municipal laws of the jurisdictions to which the parties respectively belong, but also international law.

2.The Respondent's heinous infringements of the Applicants' fundamental human rights constitute an arrogant attack on the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the provisions of which have become part of customary international law and justiciable as such in this Honourable Court.

3.The Respondent's malicious, racist, and sinister breaches of the Applicants' fundamental human rights are tantamount to a wholesale and dangerous threat to the Applicants' legitimate expectations of and indeed rights to a rights-compliant social and international order, as well as national and international peace.

DATED AT LAGOS THIS 28th DAY OF APRIL 2008

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-131356.160.html
Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by georgio(m): 9:55pm On May 11, 2008
Thats the height of racism
Re: Boycott British Airways - See What Happenned To Your Brother by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On May 11, 2008
And here again, another reference from someone else that this is about racism, do you need me to point out more posts for you to read @Angel101

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Efcc Seizes Ibru’s 103 Properties / The Mindset Of Nigeria's Leaders Graphically Defined As Unsuccessful / Photo: Ameachi Struck With Confusion As Wike Coast Home To Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.