Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? (23416 Views)

Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) / Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic / Where Can I Buy Insecticide Treated Nets In Large Quantity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by lordcastro: 11:53am On Jun 01, 2013
I think the mosquito net is a little bit harmfull because when you use it without spreading it outside for somedays,you can wake up from sleep with a swollen face,reddish eyes and probably cough. I have seen a victim. Although this is subject to medical examination.The truth is this issue needs to be investigated by the Nigerian Medical Council to avert any unforseen crises that will emanate from this in the nearest future.
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by pikin(m): 11:54am On Jun 01, 2013
Side Effects from Vaccines

As with any medication, there are possible risks and side effects associated with vaccines. However, the risk of serious allergic reaction is very rare. In comparison, the risk of severe complications, hopsitalization or death from vaccine-preventable disease is much greater. The benefits of vaccination far outweigh the risks.

Vaccines undergo rigorous safety testing prior to being approved by the FDA and are continually monitored for safety. All vaccine ingredients are tested to be safe. Vaccines are also studied to be administered together, to work in conjunction to safely prompt your child's immune sytem to build protection.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in most cases vaccine side effects are minor and go away within a few days. Side effects vary according to vaccine type, but generally mild side effects may include:

Pain, redness, tenderness or swelling at injection site
Fatigue
Headache
Itching at injection site
Nausea
Dizziness or fainting (most common in adolescents)
Fever
Mild rash
Parents should keep an eye out for any unusual condition, such as a high fever, weakness, or behavior changes. Signs of a serious allergic reaction can include difficulty breathing, hoarseness or wheezing, hives, paleness, weakness, a fast heartbeat or dizziness. In the unlikely case that your child experiences signs of allergic reaction or a side effect, you should contact your doctor immediately.

While serious side effects are rare, parents are encouraged to report any severe side effects to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) which serves to report, analyze and make incidences of adverse side effects available to the public.
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by honprof1(m): 11:55am On Jun 01, 2013
Efikman: That is totally false. Even in WHO where i work as a regional associate Director clinicals, i have never heard of such before. The Long Lasting Insecticide Treated Nets (LLITNs) are embedded with non carcinogenic insecticide chemicals that kill insects on contact. Moreover, the polio vaccine has been used all over the world with oustanding success. It is rumours like this that make Nigeria the only country in West Africa where Polio hasn't been completely eradicated.

Oga !!... Don't be an ignorant , I am a withness of the Insecticide treated net , it has adverse effect on the skin ... On two different people live close to me , one of them , at anytime he use it, the skin become irritating , while d other person constantly suffer from pains...You can also try it too and let's hear.
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by fflamingo(m): 11:56am On Jun 01, 2013
Let assume this fact
There are 160,000,000 people in Nigeria
Nearly 80% of them pass through polio
About. 60% of them sleep through mos. Net
Fast forward
2% of polio user complain about its adverse effect.
0.5% complain of its adverse effect.
So what the bone of contention here?

Its is warned to spread your net at least 48 hours before use, likewise the polio should also have its instruction which I don't know

The best place I can refer for polio. Defiency is at North
And can someone argue with me ; Disabiltiy in North is the highest as 75% of the poor are disable(for doubt check Kano street)..............

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by Gboliwe: 11:56am On Jun 01, 2013
Lie from the deepest part of hell.

It started with an uneducated mind analysing what is beyond him and the educated, joining popular noise makers

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by agohavivi(f): 11:58am On Jun 01, 2013
I watched a programme featuring polio recently. It emphasised the success of polio vaccine all over the world. The programme also featured how the disease killed and maimed a lot of children and even adults in years past. To my shock it was said that only 3 countries in the world still have recorded cases of polio in recent times, namely Nigeria, Afghanistan and Pakistan. I was truly embarassed. It's high time people face reality and stop attributing non-existent side effects to this vaccines. The reason why Nigeria is one of the 3 countries in the world that still has recorded cases of polio is because we are too superstitious and rarely see any good in beneficial programmes and therapies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by Evestar200(f): 12:00pm On Jun 01, 2013
demmy55:

I believe those mosquito nets have some dangerous substance in it. I've always noticed ppl spreading them under the sun before use.
thats what they told dem to do when they distributed d net to dem in delta state,,bt some pple didnt do exactly what they told dem,,cuz the reaction of d chemical is deadly if u dont sun it
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by AbuMikey(m): 12:02pm On Jun 01, 2013
I know about the net....and I'n still suspecting the. Polio stuff

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by miqos02(m): 12:09pm On Jun 01, 2013
i used to feel the irritating skin when i started using the net but it stopped afterwards. i cant do without it, like prof soyinka said 'bluff is no substitute to bullet (mosquito)
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by natasha: 12:11pm On Jun 01, 2013
Its really sad when primitive, unenlightened and uneducated people make uninformed decisions based on bias. FYI - Nigeria and Pakistan are the ONLY 2 countries in the world where polio hasn't been eradicated despite the biillions spent on awareness campaigns n vaccine research n availability by the bill gates foundation, WHO amongst others.
Whilst i have no intention of making this a tribal/religious issue, unfortunately you will find its an epidemic in the North. Northern Nigeria and Northern Pakistan (d afghan border region).
I remember growing up in 9ja and my mum (God bless her, my dad died when i was 6yrs n my younger bro was 9 months..... she struggled 2 take care of us wt her nursing sal) would travel to Minna/Kano/Sokoto and come back 3 months after with tales about the struggles and challenges they faced during the polio vaccine. The local ruler would deliberate with his Chiefs about whether children shld get vaccinated/then you hv d parents who would kick against it.
What i would say to you is this. Pharmaceutical coys would NEVER put out a jab that is unsafe due 2 lawsuits. Particularly Paediatric jabs. This vaccine has been in use for over 15yrs with enough data and evidence for u 2 make an informed decision. Amongst the takers of this jabs whats the % dt died? D % that suffered low IQ or whatever it is that is now claimed? D % dt suffered allergic reactions? D % dt suffered infertility as a direct result of d jab? You should atleast look at your leaders children and their extended families and learn from their children who got vaccinated yet they go on to marry and bear children (defeats the fertility issue), take over mummy/daddy coys and even rule the state (defeats IQ/sharpness theory)infact they live until whenever (defeats the death theory)
Your child is more likely 2 die from complications of this illness if they contract it. Your child is more likely 2 suffer life changing illnesses eg crippled if they catch this disease n suffer complications.
As with any medical intervention and even herbal/natural nothing is 100% safe. Even Paracetamol that has been used for over 50 years has side effects. Herbal medicines/leafs/drinks all have side effects, some of them include diarrhoea etc
Whilst as parents we do things out of concern n love, i would urge us all 2 make informed decisions n not decisions due 2 our bias of anything western. Don't subject your child to a life of sadness/begging because unfortunately, the society we live in has little to offer disabled people, there isn't enough out there and don't let your child become a statistic.
What you don't realize is that your so-called leaders spiritual/community all get their kids vaccinated but would rather d paupers don't because dt way you hv 2 rely on them for financial help with ur disabled children which in turn makes them control u with their money. It is well. A word is enough 4 d wise

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by smudge2079(m): 12:15pm On Jun 01, 2013
dont know aboutvd polio vaccine but dat treated net side effect is real, was once a victim, body rash all ova my body after being exposed to it . some other persons complained about d pepperish sensation all ova their body after sleepin in a treated net. i dey run frm treated net now lyk say na leprosy
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by sucreblazing(m): 12:16pm On Jun 01, 2013
Seriously,investigation needs to be conducted.this oyinbo people can do anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by losprince(m): 12:20pm On Jun 01, 2013
abbakacici: you work for the people may be responsible for killing and making your brothers dump. So how will you told us the truth
Guy abi u no know where to put your past and present tense(s)correct me if I'm wrong grin

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 01, 2013
Can someone seriously tell us why there's is none African country which manufactures his own vaccines? Or anti retroviral?

Come to think of it why is Africa so poor but yet they keep dashing us vaccines that aren't free in the west?

What about AIDS?
The electronic tracking devices?

Think people they are on mission wiping the black race/African off to the surface of earth,

Can someone tell me why even our condoms we don't manufacture? Are we that cursed? Yet we have biggest population of people living with AIDS. Yet we don't manufacture our own anti retroviral, our own condoms..wow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by slimchimex(m): 12:33pm On Jun 01, 2013
african man's brain is truely black.... Dey can not even produce ordinary paracetamol,and dey'r here vomiting rubish frm deir mouth....the best thing dat have ever happened to a black man is "white man with white mentality"....
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by khazy: 12:35pm On Jun 01, 2013
akorlade:
we dont need to know where you work.

Some classical cases of effect do occur when such nets are not used as proscribed. The pizer case in kano is a setback for vaccination in the north.
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by tyosho: 12:54pm On Jun 01, 2013
claremont: I don't know about Polio vaccine, but a very controversial retrospective study has identified a remote link between MMR vaccines and Autism in kids.

As far as I'm concerned though, the overwhelming advantages and increased life expectancy the advent of vaccines has giving to mankind by far outweighs any risks (whether real or conspiratorial). Insecticide-treated mosquito nets have gone a long way to reduce the spread of malaria in countries where this disease is endemic.

I certainly don't know bout the polio vaccine and would still give it to my child but there certainly is controversy involved with giving the mmr vaccines to babies.Parents have consistently linked its usage to the onset of autism in some children,pharmaceutical companies deny this but I think they are not been entirely truthful.Read this link and form your opinion.For me,that's a vaccine I believe my child do without.Or at best still taken separately at monthly intervals.thats measles first,mumps a month later and rubella a month afterwards,but definitely not as a single shot.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2160054/MMR-A-mothers-victory-The-vast-majority-doctors-say-link-triple-jab-autism-Italian-court-case-reignite-controversial-debate.html
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by Efikman(m): 1:12pm On Jun 01, 2013
honprof1:

Oga !!... Don't be an ignorant , I am a withness of the Insecticide treated net , it has adverse effect on the skin ... On two different people live close to me , one of them , at anytime he use it, the skin become irritating , while d other person constantly suffer from pains...You can also try it too and let's hear.
How to treat the net – 10 Easy Steps for Mass Treatment

• Mass treatment is done at fixed/designated sites.
• Insecticide treatment is recommended for synthetic nets (nylon, polyester), as treatment of cotton nets is not cost-effective and effect of insecticide is not long lasting.

Step 1: Collect the necessary equipment

The necessary equipment consists of: mosquito nets, insecticide, basin, measuring container, rubber gloves, soap.

• Make sure the net is washed/cleaned before treatment.
• Preferably, nets should be treated outdoors in the shade. If treatment is to be carried out indoors, a room with open windows should be used.
• Use basin, gloves that are not used for any other purpose.

Step 2: Put on protective gloves before treating nets

Step 3: Measure the correct amount of water

The amount of water needed depends on the net material. Regardless of the size and shape of net, the amount of water required for:

• One synthetic net (nylon, polyester) – ½ litre (if the net is very large, more water may be needed).

 If measuring container comes with insecticide, use it to measure water. Otherwise, use any measuring container, that is not used for food, drinks, medicines.

Step 4: Measure the correct amount of insecticide

• The amount of insecticide or “dose” needed to treat a net depends on type of insecticide used. Follow instructions on the container, sachet, packet. Generally, 10-15 ml of insecticide is required to treat one net.

 [BIS Number of Liquid Synthetic Pyrethroid used for treatment of Bed Nets -
i) Deltamethrin – IS14411: 1996; ii) Cyfluthrin – IS14156: 1994].
• Store leftover insecticide in its original container, in the dark and away from children.

Step 5: Mix the water and insecticide thoroughly by gloved hands in basin

Step 6: Treatment of nets

• Always treat one net at a time.
• Put the net in the basin containing water and insecticide.
• Soak the net long enough to ensure that all parts of the nets are impregnated.
• Take out the nets and allow excess liquid to drip back.
 Do not wring the treated net.

Step 7: Drying the nets

• Let the net dry flat in the shade on plastic sheets.
• Later, the net can be hung up to finish drying in the shade.

Step 8: Disposal of leftover mixture of water and insecticide and insecticide containers

• Following treatment of all available nets, leftover mixture of water and insecticide, if any, may be used to treat curtains.
• Otherwise, dispose the liquid in the toilet or a hole away from habitation, animal shelters, drinking water sources, ponds, rivers, streams.
• Destroy empty insecticide containers, sachets, packets and/or bury in a hole away from habitation, animal shelters, drinking water sources, ponds, rivers, streams.
Step 9: Washing and cleaning of hands, equipments
• Wash equipments (basin, measuring container) with lots of water while wearing protective gloves.
• Wash gloves (if non-disposable ones are used)] with soap and lots of water, or dispose with insecticide containers.
• Wash hands with soap and lots of water.
Step 10: Washing and re-treatment of nets
• Washing removes insecticide from the net. So, wash the nets as seldom as possible and gently with soap and cold water and dry flat on plastic sheet in shade.
 Do not wash/rinse treated net in or near drinking water sources, ponds, lakes, rivers, streams. Dispose of water for washing/rinsing in the toilet or in a hole away from habitation, animal shelters, drinking water sources, ponds, rivers, streams
• Nets must be re-treated again after it has been washed three times. Or, at least once a year even if it is not washed, preferably just before the rainy season. Nets may be treated twice a year in areas that have a lot of mosquitoes all year long.

Remember:
• Use the insecticide-treated net every night, all year round, even if mosquitoes are not seen/heard.
• Preferably, everyone should sleep under a treated mosquito net. Or, at least pregnant women and children under five years must sleep under treated net.
• Insecticides used for mosquito nets are not harmful to people, if used correctly.
Direct skin contact with the insecticide on a still wet net may cause a tingling sensation on the skin. This is not harmful, even for small children.
• After treatment, the net may smell of insecticide. This will go away in a few days and is not harmful to people who sleep under the net.

Source: ITBN guidelines in nvbdcp/malaria.
Annexure:
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by gbrookes02: 1:21pm On Jun 01, 2013
The best way to most effectively deal with mosquitos is to use DDT.

"100 Things You Should Know About DDT"

http://junkscience.com/1999/07/26/100-things-you-should-know-about-ddt/

HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP

I am making 100 of these!!! LOL

Have you noticed the Mosquitos are already out! Here is a homemade trap to help keep you and the kid from being, a blood donor!!!

HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP:
Items needed:
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
1 2-liter bottle

HOW:
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)

Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control. Or put out new one.

To see 2 pictures of the homemade Mosquito trap go to the site at the link provide below and scroll down at the site until you reach them, and the article as well.

.........................................................................................................................

Garlic!!! Did you know that chopped up garlic makes mosquitoes disappear?? Sprinkle them all around your patio but be careful because as soon as you do, the mosquitoes will swarm trying to get away from that area...Yes it is that powerful!! Share this with all your friends and family, click share to put it on your wall...everyone needs to know this since they are predicting heavy mosquito infestations this year!

PS. I who am doing this post also chopped up some onion as well with the garlic and this seems to work even better, put them both in a dish near my bed and they seem to work very well in driving the mosquitoes away. Of course the more stale they get over time is the more they lose their power to work effectively. So know when to put fresh ones again.

The more you use is the more effective they get in driving the mosquitoes away.

........................................................................................................................

Go Away Mosquitoes
Apply small dabs of Vicks VapoRub to your skin and clothes and mosquitoes will steer clear. If you do get bitten, apply Vicks to the area and cover it with a Band-Aid to relieve itching.

.........................................................................................................................

Do to how terrible the Mosquito's are this year I am posting this so many of you will know how to treat the area if you or your child are bitten by a mosquito. The best and Natural way to treat an insect bite is to use one of the following:

1.) Place a used dry teabag on the bite.
2.) Rub Raw Honey on the bite.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar, use a cotton ball and apply ACV to the bite.
4.) Baking Soda, this is the cheapest at only $0.30 a box. Take a small about and add a little water to make a paste and apply the paste to the bite.
5.) Take the skin of a Banana and rub the inside part of the banana on the bite.
6.) Take a leaf off of a Aloe Vera plant and rub the bite with the leaf of the plant.
I hope these $$$ Saving and Natural Eco~ Friendly Ideas help! Please click "SHARE" so others can learn how to save also. Thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/veronica.howard.54?hc_location=stream

All natural mosquito spray repellent

20 drops of citronella essential oil
5 drops of lemon essential oil
Shake
Spray around you an on yourself

Basil lemon option #2:
In a BPA-free spray bottle mix
2 cups of water
10 drops basil essential oil
5 drops of lemon essential oil
Shake

Geranium lavender option #3:
In a BPA-free spray bottle mix
2 cups of water
10 drops lavender essential oil
5 drops of geranium essential oil
Shake

http://www.stepintomygreenworld.com/healthyliving/around-the-home/mosquito-spray-repellent-recipes/
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by redsun(m): 1:22pm On Jun 01, 2013
I wouldn't advice anybody to sleep with nets immersed in harmful insecticides that kills resilient mosquito on contact. In as much as most scientists are lobbied by governments and insecticide companies to deny the slow but harmful effects of insecticide and pesticides on humans,common sense will tell one that breathing in chemicals that are designed to kill insects on regular basis could be devastating to one's health.

Keep your environments clean and keep dangerous mosquitoes and avoidable diseases at bay. It is as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by ESULAALU: 1:29pm On Jun 01, 2013
[quote author=akorlade]
we dont need to know where you work.

Some classical cases of effect do occur when such nets are not used as proscribed. The pizer case in kano is a setback for vaccination in the north.[/

He didn't mention where he works for show off purposes, he was trying to make a valid point backed by fact.
You sound like a sore loser. If you not happy you can also tell us where you work! Case closed.
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by Daresh(f): 1:35pm On Jun 01, 2013
It is only in aboki land you hear rubbish like this.
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by naptu2: 1:38pm On Jun 01, 2013
Rumours about harmful effects of polio vaccine have been around for a long time, but it wasn't a big deal until the Pfizer/Trovan incident of the late 1990s.

Pfizer tested an experimental drug called Trovan (for meningitis) in Kano. Most of the children that used the drug died. It lead to multiple court cases. Since then, many in the north do not trust drugs that are brought to them by foreign medical workers or even staff of the federal and state ministries of health. This includes the polio vaccine.
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by Enyinneya(f): 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2013
marvelous abah: abeg oo!...don't ever try use d net witout dryin it.i rememba for hostel wen i use am sleep witout dryin,na general hospital i si myslf becs evry of my body dey on fire even my way...u undastand,bt to say d trut,it does'nt hav sid effect wen dried.

dats true. It is even writin on d label, spread bfor use,wash after 2hree months nd do not spread under Sun bt under a shade.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by ncee(f): 1:48pm On Jun 01, 2013
Vaccines hav done more gud dan harm, get ur child immunized 4his/her own safety, make sure u use d nets as directed n u'll hav no cause 2b afraid.
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by naptu2: 1:53pm On Jun 01, 2013
During the Obasanjo era the situation got so bad that the government had to import vaccines from Indonesia (the largest muslim country in the world) in order to convince parents and clerics that the vaccination programme was not a Western plot to sterilise muslim children.

Some links to the Pfizer/Trovan case.

https://www.nairaland.com/565618/wikileaks-cables-pfizer-used-dirty

https://www.nairaland.com/733657/pfizer-nigeria-drug-trial-victims

https://www.nairaland.com/578541/report-pfizer-homicide-kano-local
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 01, 2013
Ignorance is a disease.

Ok now. Don't immunize your kids. Na polio go be una portion.
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by fastlane84: 2:24pm On Jun 01, 2013
bobo09: Na awoof go kill africa man, even oil on condom has effect on women private part

Tah...
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by demmy55(m): 2:35pm On Jun 01, 2013
Zet72:
u believe or u can prove it, ..that's why some part of this country keep romancing polio and other deadly infant diseases

I never said anything about polio, just the mosquito net.
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by demmy55(m): 2:35pm On Jun 01, 2013
Zet72:
u believe or u can prove it, ..that's why some part of this country keep romancing polio and other deadly infant diseases
Re: The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 01, 2013
OP ...keep decieving urself and others...the fact is that the world live in today is not safe, it is highly contaminated with toxic and waste products produced by we humans...thus leading to the emergence of novel diseases...even americans and the west takes this things than africans!! some take up to 11 why in africa highest 6, maybe you shd ask nafdac and SON what they are doing to ensure quality vaccine. mind you there are fake drugs around too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert / Quarantine Yourselves If You Notice Symptoms Of Coronavirus- Governors Forum / Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.