Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

The Importance Of Family Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Importance Of Family Prayer (13838 Views)

Breaking Curses Of Family Wickedness / The Importance Of Studying The Word Of God (the Bible) / Breaking Of Family Covenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Importance Of Family Prayer by Omoobava(m): 12:37pm On May 31, 2013
"Pour out thy fury upon the nations that know thee not, and upon the families that call not upon thy name" Jer 10:25
Have you ever considered this solemn message from Jeremiah?. Do you have family prayer in your house? If not, do you profess to be a Christian? If God were to pour out His fury upon the families which call not upon His name, and you do not have family prayer, how could your family escape?
You ought to own God in your house, and you should daily acknowledge your dependence upon Him, obligation to Him, relationship with Him and affection for Him. All your domestic comforts, all your temporal mercies, and all your spiritual previledges flow from His love and grace. Will you daily as a family recieve from Him, and never as a family give praise and thanks to Him?
The heathen have their household gods, and will you not have your family altar? Shall they honour idols of wood and stone and must it be said of you, "The God in whose hands thy breath is hast thou not glorified?" (Dan 5:23). An old writer once wrote, "A family without prayer is like a house without a roof, open and exposed to all the storms of heaven." In another place he writes that "family prayer bolts the door against dangers at night, and opens it for admission of mercies in the morning."
Private prayer was never intended to take the place of family prayer, nor should family prayer be made an excuse for the neglect of private prayer. The one is for the person, the other is for the household. Both are necessary; and, when properly conducted, both are a means of preservation and blessing.
Prayer is perhaps the biggest single need in connection with our families. So I am inviting you today to begin praying for families. PRAY! PRAY! PRAY!

18 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by onyeguy: 11:33am On Jun 02, 2013
Oh am so happy am leaving th room now bye bye cool
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by Opey4luv(m): 11:39am On Jun 02, 2013
undecided hmmm
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by izeek(m): 11:40am On Jun 02, 2013
I know how important it is to build a family using yhe family alter as a tool. it brings and fosters better relationship between the members of the household, not to eve mention GOds blessings we enjoy.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by emaoke7: 11:42am On Jun 02, 2013
I repent
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by Stegomiah: 11:47am On Jun 02, 2013
The fact is it is very important to start ur day with God, sum pple wake up in da morning jumping off 2 d internet, facebook, 2go, twitter, eskimi, nairaland.... Not considering d fact dat dey slept off wyl browsing on fone.... It is very wrong.

Start ur day with God, pray and read your bible, if you don't know wat to pray bout, give tanks 2 God for d gift of lyf, commit ur whole day into d hands of God, it works, u are alive by d grace of God and by his Mercies.

D importance of family prayer and individual prayer cannot be over-emphasized, it is very important, u Can avert dangers, deaths, badlucks with prayers.

Always start your day with God!

9 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by DJDOLA(m): 11:55am On Jun 02, 2013
Yes wit my prayer warriors
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by Codedrock(m): 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2013
Yea
It is really important... Its been helping since childhood till now that i am 17, we are so much devoted in our family mostly my mom.
But will anyone tell me why moms are too serious about those things?
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2013
family prayer is very good.
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:33pm On Jun 02, 2013
A family is one, and with te family joined as one, it has a grt effect.

'Where two or more are gathered in my name, i am there to grant their request' is enuff reason for a family prayer.
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by chelseabmw(m): 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2013
smiley
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by Positiveminds(m): 12:52pm On Jun 02, 2013
May God help me . Truth is that we need the mercies of God.
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by spako4(m): 1:50pm On Jun 02, 2013
Nice message
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by Update(m): 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2013
I love that..
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:11pm On Jun 02, 2013
Most of the Bible passages I know today is because I recite them during morning & evening prayers with my family.
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by ecolime(m): 2:18pm On Jun 02, 2013
Families that prays together, stays together. Families praying together alongside studying of the WORD also helps every member of the household grow spiritually.
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by faboben10: 2:33pm On Jun 02, 2013
Family prayer establishes mutual understandn both spiritually and physically in every christian family. I remember while living wt my parents, it is d family bond.
I'm currently wt a family that even during d morning devotion, it is only d parents(father and mother) that comes out 4 prayer while d children will be snurn in their room. But i can tell u dat d family lack mutual understandn even d children r smtn else.
Not all mothers r prayer conscious, it is just that women have a soft heart that easily assimilate God's word compare wt d so called head of d family but not in all cases. So if u av prayer conscious mother, just be happy.
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by Cathydera(f): 2:50pm On Jun 02, 2013
A family with God is majority.
family prayer brings unity and reduces the chance of evil manipulation on the family. Good families produces a great nation.
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by wealthyk: 2:52pm On Jun 02, 2013
thanks for that post, yes indeed we do have family prayers in our house, and as the head of my family, i try by Gods grace to make it and only hopes other families do too. God be praised
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by KOBIB: 2:59pm On Jun 02, 2013
Stegomiah: The fact is it is very important to start ur day with God, sum pple wake up in da morning jumping off 2 d internet, facebook, 2go, twitter, eskimi, nairaland.... Not considering d fact dat dey slept off wyl browsing on fone.... It is very wrong.

Start ur day with God, pray and read your bible, if you don't know wat to pray bout, give tanks 2 God for d gift of lyf, commit ur whole day into d hands of God, it works, u are alive by d grace of God and by his Mercies.

D importance of family prayer and individual prayer cannot be over-emphasized, it is very important, u Can avert dangers, deaths, badlucks with prayers.

Always start your day with God!
True talk,basically!
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by ozodimgba(m): 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2013
The family that prays 2gether stays 2gether.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by Afrocatalyst: 5:07pm On Jun 02, 2013
I repent today. O lord help me starting frm tomoro mornin to maintain d discipline to cal my family of four to early mornin devotions. Amen

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by PrettySpicey(f): 6:18pm On Jun 02, 2013
There is this popular saying while I was growing up - The family that prays together stays together.
Family prayer is most important. It helps bind husband and wife together in love and unity and also unites the entire family as one. Children learn how to pray from seeing and hearing their parents pray.
Family prayer keeps the devil and all agents and weapons of darkness away.
It is that special time when we invite God to be a constant Presence in our family. To be the Head and the King of our family.
It does not mean the absence of tough times but it means grace to stand and overcome tough times.
It does not mean the absence of quarrels and troubles but it prepares us on how to handle every challenge as a Christian family and above all it constantly reminds us we are one and should remain one.
Family prayer is key and should not be toyed with.
Let us not always shy away from the Presence of God. Instead let us enter His presence daily with joy and gladness and above all gratitude.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by LiliB: 9:11pm On Jun 02, 2013
Prayer is very necessary in the life of every believer,mostly in the family.family that pray together stays together,so praying and studying God's word makes you more powerful and give you Wisdom on how to solve issue of life
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by Sheguama: 9:45pm On Jun 02, 2013
You can never be more right Bro. Thanks a whole lot.
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by Electrifying(m): 10:46pm On Jun 02, 2013
Hmmm! Understanding should follow after the prayers
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by ehisdan(m): 10:48pm On Jun 02, 2013
Its hard for a Family that prays together to be divided. Its hard for a family that prays together to lack. Family prayer is like a battalion that fights together.
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by marex: 4:24am On Jun 03, 2013
This is mos def the best post I've seen on this forum in a long long while. I'm a living testimony, family prayers has kept me going thus far. What could ever separate one from the love of Jehovah our Lord and God (Rom.8:31-39) grin
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 03, 2013
I remember while growing up, family altar used to be fun.

Its during morning prayers you know what sibling committed which offence, which aunt is currently barren, who's in need of the special touch.

Whether the topic was related or not, my dad always found a way to relate it to an offence.

#those days
Re: The Importance Of Family Prayer by whiteeyes: 6:38am On Jun 03, 2013
Afrocatalyst: I repent today. O lord help me starting frm tomoro mornin to maintain d discipline to cal my family of four to early mornin devotions. Amen
Seconded!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Biblically Right To Dance Break Dance And Do Stunt In Church? / Has Religion Failed Nigeria At 53 Years? For And Against / Seven Books Of Moses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.