Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread - Phones (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread (340649 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) / Rooting Tecno F7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by sambo4allyahoocom: 1:41pm On Jun 23, 2013
hustla: Hello folks,

I have not bought the phone yet and I have been following this thread from day one.. However I will like to make some notes which I came across while quitely reading through this thread..

1. Many people are using the Android platform and tecno for the first time and as such do not know their way around..I use a Tecno N3 right now, tethering via hotspot. Using the F7 and knowing battery conservation ways wont be hard to me, they might to someone who just got on the Android and Tecno platforms though

2. Some people are just Tecno haters, they do not and have never owned any of the phones and yet point out the errors they have seen online or heard somewhere. Truth is no phone or device is error free, heck! That is why there are even upgrades for Operating Systems on PC and even mobile phone, to fix bugs and problems that may have skipped developer and company attention.
Some people are Samsung/HTC Supporters and of course they will never have anything good to say about a phone that has similar specs with theirs, maybe feeling stupid for shelling out so much on a phone when another that costs less than half has similar functions.. smiley

3. Some havent followed the battery tips posted on here, maybe they do not know how to go about it or they simply expect Tecno to produce a battery that can last for a year with a day's charge, I really do not know for them ooo.. I have handled the Samsung Galaxy S, S2 and S3 numerous times and the battery drains like water when it is on HSDPA while running apps in the background (Tethering, Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Videos, Games)..
The simple solutions was to kill background apps(seems someone recommended Greenify, BatterySaver and the likes, dem boku for googlePlay), reduce the brightness and turn off the HSDPA to GSM/EDGE under settings...

4. Last but not the least endeavor to switch off your phones while charging or at least put off data completely ( if you must browse, let it be on Edge) so as to speed up charge up time. One major reason while batteries spoil fast has to do with multi-tasking the battery ( charging and using at the same time). This charges and discharges the battery thus making it bad over slight use.

Hope I have helped in one way or the other...
Still flexing my Tecno N3, No money for F7 Yet
Dazzal!

God wil bless u with Money to buy the F7.. Cos people like me who cant afford 60k at my age to buy the Galaxy S4 we have to go with what our hand can reach atleast for now.. I didnt want to buy the N7 so i waited for dis f7 so we must all get it except u can afford d so call Galaxy S3 an S4 then u go 4 it..
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Rajgan4edu: 1:41pm On Jun 23, 2013
Pls nairalanders, are they selling d micromax CANVAS HD, in nigeria, and how much? Thanks
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Bornstar: 1:46pm On Jun 23, 2013
hello dear nairalanders I am back with review:
What i mean by soft battery was as at the time I unparked my F7 phantom A1 I pressed my battery with both hands on it and it very soft like ogi but I got home I switched it phone and charged it, it wasn't up to 3hours and the was fully charged.

my observation now is that F7 phantom A1 is not bad and the battery life as android phone is OK much better than blackberry Z10 for now pending when BBM is introduced to android for more comparison.

I used original Samsung charger to charge it, to very honest with 3G+ the battery drains down quickly than expected and mine has many applications running on it.

Techno F7 phantom is great, picture quality is awesome and sound is nice and games, infact a lots to say about this phone.

less I forget after charging the battery it became strong and OK.

on Edge F7 battery can last for over 18 to 20 hours plus browsing and phone calls notifications update and avast actively ruining etc.

I am sending mail on my F7 phantom A1. cheers, happy Sunday.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by phoenixb2r: 2:00pm On Jun 23, 2013
Seyilome: Have'nt i told u that in gaming n3 outpass p3 cos i handled the two,but instead u were insulting me.
hey Bro, wht cool games do u play on ur, N3 and where did u get them from

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Otantu: 3:04pm On Jun 23, 2013
Bornstar: hello dear nairalanders I am back with review:
What i mean by soft battery was as at the time I unparked my F7 phantom A1 I pressed my battery with both hands on it and it very soft like ogi but I got home I switched it phone and charged it, it wasn't up to 3hours and the was fully charged.

my observation now is that F7 phantom A1 is not bad and the battery life as android phone is OK much better than blackberry Z10 for now pending when BBM is introduced to android for more comparison.

I used original Samsung charger to charge it, to very honest with 3G+ the battery drains down quickly than expected and mine has many applications running on it.

Techno F7 phantom is great, picture quality is awesome and sound is nice and games, infact a lots to say about this phone.

less I forget after charging the battery it became strong and OK.

on Edge F7 battery can last for over 18 to 20 hours plus browsing and phone calls notifications update and avast actively ruining etc.

I am sending mail on my F7 phantom A1. cheers, happy Sunday.
bornstar are sure of wat u said? then y are all these ppl badmouthing d phone n d battery na? cos if wat u said is true den d battery is really not a bad one,I will likely get dis machine by weekend
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 3:34pm On Jun 23, 2013
lordZOUGA:
so you do not own the phantom a1?

Hehehe.. thats wats am saying @Mr. Drizzy no get money to buy techno f7 and he is here blabbing about dis lovely techno f7....don't be surprise that he is using nokia 200 or all dos old Symbian Nokia to access nairaland grin grin cool smiley
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by adisaogo: 3:41pm On Jun 23, 2013
mr.drizzy:
for any android fone..i think mtn bis sus should be d best
pls explain beta bro.. What are d advantages of using Mtn and how do i activate it.. Cause ma friend uses airtel but he only gets 1gb for #1400 which is really CrAp
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by physise(m): 3:42pm On Jun 23, 2013
chinko na chinko

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by physise(m): 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
adisaogo:
pls explain beta bro.. What are d advantages of using Mtn and how do i activate it.. Cause ma friend uses airtel but he only gets 1gb for #1400 which is really CrAp
subscribe to any bbc plan den change ur apn to blackberry.net
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 23, 2013
Faru:

E be like say Na only me and you dey use this phone o! Anyway, have u gone to tecno to complain? I would have done same but am in Benin. Let us get an official statement from them. I had 100% ba3 in the morning went to work with my power bank still came back from work with my phone dead. Now am forced to by a car charger. Guy I can feel your pain cos am also in the same mess. I have suspended my anger until I visit tecno by month end and I pray they have answers otherwise kata kata go burst!

guy there is a way to charge your battery upon first use...and if you make any mistake in not following that ...then the batery may not retain power....for life....also there are other things that can make your battery go bad.....and infact it maybe that it was not followcome battery u are using.....remember this is nigeria.......just try get another battery and be careful with it........tecno is known for there good quality battery and if there would be flop in this there f7, it would not be as much as you people arre dsicribing it to be
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2013
physise: chinko na chinko

wetin be chinko...abeg define am.....
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Bornstar: 4:27pm On Jun 23, 2013
@ Otantu I am faking because I am not a phone saler, that was my review and I am enjoying techno F7 right now all applications are on auto used and my update.

My advice to people that want to buy this techno F7 phantom A1 please please just get original Samsung charger and switch off your phone and charge it until your battery is fully charged then you are good to go.

Many people that are using F7 phantom with much complains started using the phone as soon they buy without charging it first, please don't test it for long time maximum 5minuite is enough to test the phone then go charge it NEPA light if there is no nepa light make sure that the voltage is up to 220volt before charging it. thanks
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by cyrexx: 4:31pm On Jun 23, 2013
adegbem:

guy there is a way to charge your battery upon first use...and if you make any mistake in not following that ...then the batery may not retain power....for life....also there are other things that can make your battery go bad.....and infact it maybe that it was not followcome battery u are using.....remember this is nigeria.......just try get another battery and be careful with it........tecno is known for there good quality battery and if there would be flop in this there f7, it would not be as much as you people arre dsicribing it to be

Bros, thanks for your advice, but in my case I followed all the rules for first charging. I'm sure many people here knows about first charging rule. The problem with f7 is that the phone capacity and power consumption (hd screen, 5inch, 3g dual sim, crisp clear display etc) far exceeds the 2100mah battery they bundled with it.

Maybe I was not fortunate enough to get a not-so-good battery. Though it was sealed and untouched when I bought it, with untouched tecno seal.

I even went to their CC to complain, I was told there's nothing they can do as there's no extra f7 battery available.

The reason why I am stating this is warn potential buyers to be very careful when buying this machine, to know exactly what they might experience if not so lucky. It's a very good phone,I must say, except for quick battery drainage issues I have with it.

Thanks.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by victoor(m): 4:39pm On Jun 23, 2013
Pls ........ Pls
Am here to tell u guys how to fix craPPy screen on fifa..first u must have chainfire pro version
Use Chainfire 3D and enable only "Unroll Textures"
option if you have texture problems...in the fifa section on chainfire pro...only pro version chainfire pls...
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by victoor(m): 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
Also can this tecno f7 last on 3g for 2hrs.....
And has any one played startreck on it...

I have 30k..just remaining 4k.....is this phone worth it....
Does nova 3 lag ?
Does wildblood lag ?
Does moderncombat 4 lag?
Does backstab lag?

I would like 2 buy it 4 gaming...how good is it
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Otantu: 4:58pm On Jun 23, 2013
pls nairalanders,is it dat d N7 s beta dan dis F7? Y havnt i seen any n7 user complaining yet f7 users are complaining bitterly?
Maybe those afraid of this f7 complaint shld jst avoid it by buying n7.what do u think?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by viazi: 5:02pm On Jun 23, 2013
@ All even if you have made mistakes about your initial battery charging, I believe it can be remedied. Simply use up your battery and then ensure U CHARGE FULLY WITH FULL VOLTAGE, IF POSSIBLE PLUG YOUR CHARGER TO A STABILISER ON NEPA LIGHT AND ALOW 30 MINS EXTRA AFTER BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED, THEN APPLY ALL THE BATTERY SAVING TIPS.

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT: it just occured to me that this Machine alows the 2 SIMCARD on 3G, I am trying to figure out how 1 sim can be on edge and another on 3G
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by WillyWest: 5:12pm On Jun 23, 2013
victoor: Also can this tecno f7 last on 3g for 2hrs.....

Does nova 3 lag ?
Does wildblood lag ?
Does moderncombat 4 lag?
Does backstab lag?

Your status says you're female, how come you play so much games

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by physise(m): 5:17pm On Jun 23, 2013
WillyWest:

i wonder o
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by simplicit(m): 5:24pm On Jun 23, 2013
To pple complaining abt dis fone's ba3, u shld knw dat android fone is not jave fone, every android is bound to consume ba3 no matter d capacity. Androids tends to run apps underground which consumes ba3. I was able to achieve 100% ba3 charged dis morning by 9am and now i still hav 30%.

here are some tips to make ur ba3 last.
*download du ba3 saver plus optimize frm playstore
* turn off ur data anytime u r not making use of d internet
*optimize frequently (the optimize clear datas runing underground)
*dim d brightness of d fone
add if u hav any other tip(s)
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by mrkels(m): 5:34pm On Jun 23, 2013
Would wait for the next realease after this phantom, sold my N7 and am missing the andriod community already.
Sorry to the nairaland guy who wanted to buy the N7...
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by adisaogo: 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2013
physise: subscribe to any bbc plan den change ur apn to blackberry.net
aiit .. but can u pls enlighthen me more... how much is d subscription n how much MB will I get... and which are u currently using.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by mrkels(m): 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2013
WillyWest:

Don't mind that old man jor
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Faru: 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2013
viazi: @ All even if you have made mistakes about your initial battery charging, I believe it can be remedied. Simply use up your battery and then ensure U CHARGE FULLY WITH FULL VOLTAGE, IF POSSIBLE PLUG YOUR CHARGER TO A STABILISER ON NEPA LIGHT AND ALOW 30 MINS EXTRA AFTER BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED, THEN APPLY ALL THE BATTERY SAVING TIPS.

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT: it just occured to me that this Machine alows the 2 SIMCARD on 3G, I am trying to figure out how 1 sim can be on edge and another on 3G

Some people comments are annoying me is like putting salt upon injury as if am just buying a phone for the 1st time. I have a little background of GSM architecture as I had worked previously in Zain and Globacom, therefore I can conveniently say I have well above a beginner's understanding of phones. To set the record straight, on purchased the seal was intact and I didn't even put on the phone until it was fully charged using a stabilizer. The bottom line is the phone is an amazing machine but has a poor ba3. When I saw d review of the phone I didn't believe it could boast of all the enumerated features and still sell at about 35k. However, having use the phone 4 a while now I have seen where tecno has cut corners and the ba3 ranks 1st in such areas. All said, at 35k the phantom a is a good buy.

The 3G don't work simultaneously but u can switch between the 2 sims and it takes about 10secs to do that without necessarily having to swap sims.

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by TCD: 6:11pm On Jun 23, 2013
got this phone few days ago. phone is great and I'm enjoying it but I think the battery has issues.

it takes forever to charge. there are times the battery will just remain at a point for hours and refuse to move up while charging. I put off the phone, put it on, battery level drops from 80's to like 15% from there it will remain for hours till it decides to start charging again. today battery was at 15% I put it off and left it on charge and slept for 3 hours. on waking up battery was still charging I put it on and the damn thing is still on 15% unplugged the charger and it happily dropped down to 14%.

at certain times while using the battery drops from 100% to 90% in less than 5 minutes, after that rate of discharge stabilizes then at like 30% the battery starts counting down like stopwatch till 14% in a matter of minutes.

All these is highly distressing and can't understand why a new device should act like this. This is almost ruining my first android experience maybe I should have gone for a more established name.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by KennieP(m): 6:42pm On Jun 23, 2013
Hi fellas, I'v always loved Tecno since I noticed serious improvements in their products. I'v eagerly waited for d Tecno F7 n I'm picking d fone, hopefully this week. I'v taken my time to read all d threads on d battery life n quality. I'v also decided to observe good measures at optimizing d battery when I finally get it. With what I'v read so far, the F7 is a machine n a must buy for me.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 23, 2013
mrkels: Would wait for the next realease after this phantom, sold my N7 and am missing the andriod community already.
Sorry to the nairaland guy who wanted to buy the N7...

i had n9 should be out by june ending...do you have any information on that
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by jaymichael(m): 7:44pm On Jun 23, 2013
kasmail:
God bless u....but does dis Airtel support hotspot cos I love sharing My internet over wi-fi with my android cos i have a bb and i can't subscribe on two different phones
Amen, yes, it supports hotspot. That is what I use myself, I do share my data with some of my friends even with blackberry users.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by victoor(m): 8:07pm On Jun 23, 2013

Does nova 3 lag ?
Does wildblood lag ?
Does moderncombat 4 lag?
Does backstab lag?

I need 2 know bks I want to buy dis phone 4 my brother bks not quite long ago I bought infinix for him..he was complaining that those games aren't working.so now I want to ask how those games work on tecno phantom
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by elijahdre(m): 8:18pm On Jun 23, 2013

Does nova 3 lag ?
Does wildblood lag ?
Does moderncombat 4 lag?
Does backstab lag?

I sell at 33k and not 34k.call me for your order.08034795720.
sorry,Am not a game person like that
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 23, 2013

Does nova 3 lag ?
Does wildblood lag ?
Does moderncombat 4 lag?
Does backstab lag?

guy, if you use your money buy puf-puff you go value am pass this phone.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by tivta(m): 9:25pm On Jun 23, 2013
TCD: got this phone few days ago. phone is great and I'm enjoying it but I think the battery has issues.

it takes forever to charge. there are times the battery will just remain at a point for hours and refuse to move up while charging. I put off the phone, put it on, battery level drops from 80's to like 15% from there it will remain for hours till it decides to start charging again. today battery was at 15% I put it off and left it on charge and slept for 3 hours. on waking up battery was still charging I put it on and the damn thing is still on 15% unplugged the charger and it happily dropped down to 14%.

at certain times while using the battery drops from 100% to 90% in less than 5 minutes, after that rate of discharge stabilizes then at like 30% the battery starts counting down like stopwatch till 14% in a matter of minutes.

All these is highly distressing and can't understand why a new device should act like this. This is almost ruining my first android experience maybe I should have gone for a more established name.

Heard someone had this same problem, just go to any carl center and they should change the phone for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (161) (Reply)

GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. / PSP Forum(PSP Emulator For Android/iPhone) / Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.