Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread - Phones (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread (340648 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) / Rooting Tecno F7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by cyrexx: 4:46am On Jun 23, 2013
^^^

What's this guy saying.

We spent our hard earned cash to buy something that has a dissatisfactory battery performance and we should lie that everything is okay.?

And to make it worse, their CC can't do anything about it.

Try and spend 34k, buy something that gives you headache and let's see if you will talk like this.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by johnj7818(m): 5:08am On Jun 23, 2013
Law naza: OOOOOO0000OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOOOO,AM SO TIRED OF THESE PLEASE WHICH OF THESE PHONE IS BEST FOR GAMING,I MEAN HEAVY GAMES AND LESS RISKY TO HANDLE BECAUSE AM NEW TO ANDROID WORLD I DONT WANT TO BRICK MY PHONE,LEAVE TECNO D5,XBOX,PS 2-4 AND PSP OUT OF IT,JUST TECNO N3 AND TECNO P3,thank you
N3
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Faru: 6:20am On Jun 23, 2013
cyrexx: ^^^

What's this guy saying.

We spent our hard earned cash to buy something that has a dissatisfactory battery performance and we should lie that everything is okay.?

And to make it worse, their CC can't do anything about it.

Try and spend 34k, buy something that gives you headache and let's see if you will talk like this.

E be like say Na only me and you dey use this phone o! Anyway, have u gone to tecno to complain? I would have done same but am in Benin. Let us get an official statement from them. I had 100% ba3 in the morning went to work with my power bank still came back from work with my phone dead. Now am forced to by a car charger. Guy I can feel your pain cos am also in the same mess. I have suspended my anger until I visit tecno by month end and I pray they have answers otherwise kata kata go burst!

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by BizBloke(m): 6:34am On Jun 23, 2013
[quote author=emperorjray][/quote]

Huh?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 6:41am On Jun 23, 2013
otabsky: Wow! The volume of hatred and misguided information about this phone is alarming. In truth there have been more people with very positive reviews of the battery than negative. Without naming names, it is clear that certain individuals on this thread have established a mental complex towards tecno. This is very regrettable. They look for the slightest glitch to justify their preconceived belief that tecno is synonymous with substandard products, however fallacious this belief may be.
Someone said because fifa 2012 had issues with colour on his phone, then tecno is crap without considering faults with the apk or cache he downloaded;without going online to check if there was a tweak to correct it which is common. For instance, pes 2012 v. 1.0.5 which I downloaded and installed on my phone didn't play. I could have come to the ignorant conclusion that my phone could not play pes. But instead I went online and got to see a solution to the problem I was having. For this fifa 2012 colour issue, I have read somewhere can be rectified by changing the camera view among many other solutions known to work that were mentioned.
About the battery, I commiserate with THOSE WHO ACTUALLY OWN THE PHONE and are having issues with its longevity. Indeed it may be a problem from the factory or specifically the battery yours came packed with. Alternatively, it could be you haven't been using your battery with a view to optimizing its longevity. Suggestions have been made as to how to optimize your battery's longevity. I support them because they're known to work. Ultimately if these don't work, go to the nearest Carl Care centre. You can find one close to you via the Carl care app. They have numbers with which you can call them to get tips or just to report the problem, if you would rather not make the trip. If you don't have the app I can send it to your email address. Use your warranty and after sales service.
Tecno in its humble history has never had noted or widespread battery disappointment. I'm confident they're not about to start. I for one am sick of the fallacies being peddled here and intend to more regularly confront its merchants. That was long. I apologise. I've just been enduring it all for quite some time, so I had a lot to get out. Best wishes everyone.

That's just the truth brother... nice talk

2 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by viazi: 6:51am On Jun 23, 2013
Faru:

E be like say Na only me and you dey use this phone o! Anyway, have u gone to tecno to complain? I would have done same but am in Benin. Let us get an official statement from them. I had 100% ba3 in the morning went to work with my power bank still came back from work with my phone dead. Now am forced to by a car charger. Guy I can feel your pain cos am also in the same mess. I have suspended my anger until I visit tecno by month end and I pray they have answers otherwise kata kata go burst!

GUY, HAVE U ADOPTED ALL THE BATTERY SAVING TIPS THAT HAVE BEEN POSTED HERE? IS YOUR PHONE ROOTED, DO U USE GREENIFY? YOUR F7 SEEM TO BE DIIFERENT FROM MINE. I ADVICE U READ TRU THIS THREAD AGAIN AND SET YOUR PHONE AS U READ
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Domwiz4all(m): 7:13am On Jun 23, 2013
Have u guys sat down to think why A & F both seen as part of d name of d fone? A & F are both educational grading sys. A-Excellent and F-Fail. This means dat d Phantom A fone is Excellent but d battery is Fail. Guys u guys should relax, tecno have ril tried, even big brand names like samsung n nokia do have one or two issues.besides dis is a cheap fone wit great features so dont expect to derive 100% satisfaction 4rm it but i believe wit time de wil be improvement. As 4me i am gettin mine by wkend even if d battery oly last 5mins.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Lawnaza: 7:47am On Jun 23, 2013
johnj7818: N3
GOD bless you(no harsh or rude words) infact anything you want God to give you these month consider it done,live and direct,2 votes n3 0 to p3
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Seyilome(m): 8:06am On Jun 23, 2013
Law naza: GOD bless you(no harsh or rude words) infact anything you want God to give you these month consider it done,live and direct,2 votes n3 0 to p3
Have'nt i told u that in gaming n3 outpass p3 cos i handled the two,but instead u were insulting me.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by hustla(m): 8:09am On Jun 23, 2013
Hello folks,

I have not bought the phone yet and I have been following this thread from day one.. However I will like to make some notes which I came across while quitely reading through this thread..

1. Many people are using the Android platform and tecno for the first time and as such do not know their way around..I use a Tecno N3 right now, tethering via hotspot. Using the F7 and knowing battery conservation ways wont be hard to me, they might to someone who just got on the Android and Tecno platforms though

2. Some people are just Tecno haters, they do not and have never owned any of the phones and yet point out the errors they have seen online or heard somewhere. Truth is no phone or device is error free, heck! That is why there are even upgrades for Operating Systems on PC and even mobile phone, to fix bugs and problems that may have skipped developer and company attention.
Some people are Samsung/HTC Supporters and of course they will never have anything good to say about a phone that has similar specs with theirs, maybe feeling stupid for shelling out so much on a phone when another that costs less than half has similar functions.. smiley

3. Some havent followed the battery tips posted on here, maybe they do not know how to go about it or they simply expect Tecno to produce a battery that can last for a year with a day's charge, I really do not know for them ooo.. I have handled the Samsung Galaxy S, S2 and S3 numerous times and the battery drains like water when it is on HSDPA while running apps in the background (Tethering, Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Videos, Games)..
The simple solutions was to kill background apps(seems someone recommended Greenify, BatterySaver and the likes, dem boku for googlePlay), reduce the brightness and turn off the HSDPA to GSM/EDGE under settings...

4. Last but not the least endeavor to switch off your phones while charging or at least put off data completely ( if you must browse, let it be on Edge) so as to speed up charge up time. One major reason while batteries spoil fast has to do with multi-tasking the battery ( charging and using at the same time). This charges and discharges the battery thus making it bad over slight use.

Hope I have helped in one way or the other...
Still flexing my Tecno N3, No money for F7 Yet
Dazzal!

3 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by paeffiong(m): 8:24am On Jun 23, 2013
hustla: Hello folks,

I have not bought the phone yet and I have been following this thread from day one.. However I will like to make some notes which I came across while quitely reading through this thread..

1. Many people are using the Android platform and tecno for the first time and as such do not know their way around..I use a Tecno N3 right now, tethering via hotspot. Using the F7 and knowing battery conservation ways wont be hard to me, they might to someone who just got on the Android and Tecno platforms though

2. Some people are just Tecno haters, they do not and have never owned any of the phones and yet point out the errors they have seen online or heard somewhere. Truth is no phone or device is error free, heck! That is why there are even upgrades for Operating Systems on PC and even mobile phone, to fix bugs and problems that may have skipped developer and company attention.
Some people are Samsung/HTC Supporters and of course they will never have anything good to say about a phone that has similar specs with theirs, maybe feeling stupid for shelling out so much on a phone when another that costs less than half has similar functions.. smiley

3. Some havent followed the battery tips posted on here, maybe they do not know how to go about it or they simply expect Tecno to produce a battery that can last for a year with a day's charge, I really do not know for them ooo.. I have handled the Samsung Galaxy S, S2 and S3 numerous times and the battery drains like water when it is on HSDPA while running apps in the background (Tethering, Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Videos, Games)..
The simple solutions was to kill background apps(seems someone recommended Greenify, BatterySaver and the likes, dem boku for googlePlay), reduce the brightness and turn off the HSDPA to GSM/EDGE under settings...

4. Last but not the least endeavor to switch off your phones while charging or at least put off data completely ( if you must browse, let it be on Edge) so as to speed up charge up time. One major reason while batteries spoil fast has to do with multi-tasking the battery ( charging and using at the same time). This charges and discharges the battery thus making it bad over slight use.

Dazzal!

wel said my bro. Am tryin to root my f7 so as to install greenify
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by mrdrizzy(m): 8:36am On Jun 23, 2013
Abeg u ppl are wasting pages writing long irrelevant things,isnt a smartfone made to do all dose things ina dey call,for goodness sake lets accept the truth tecno were suppose to have a good ba3 check out lenovo p770 with the same features as this(plus the old chipset)..they did lots of test and figured its gonna be such a ba3 waster/hoter so they increased the ba3 to 3500mah..imagine..tecno didnt even do test ,dey jst make fones and give us(africans) asper we dnt knw anything bout tech..smh

4 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Marvell23(m): 8:47am On Jun 23, 2013
After going through this thread i discovered that most people complaining here are new to the Android world. Do expect a smartphone to last a whole day without charging it. Na wa oo. For christ's sake this an android phone not a java phone. Bought this phone on Friday, I must say the battery is not bad. If you have issues with your own batteries visit tecno Carl care
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 9:18am On Jun 23, 2013
Marvell23: After going through this thread i discovered that most people complaining here are new to the Android world. Do expect a smartphone to last a whole day without charging it. Na wa oo. For christ's sake this an android phone not a java phone. Bought this phone on Friday, I must say the battery is not bad. If you have issues with your own batteries visit tecno Carl care

continue living in fallacy

while no such widely complain of n3,n7 battery
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 9:22am On Jun 23, 2013
hustla: Hello folks,

Dazzal!

why must i root my phone and void my warranty because i want to optimise my battery

when the phone comes with power pack i no something was fishing
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Alamation(m): 9:56am On Jun 23, 2013
nuttieskillz:
I'm interested..how much will u sell urs?
35K. I'm in Ogun state. It's a black iPhone4
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by zeanslim(m): 10:06am On Jun 23, 2013
mr.drizzy:
Abeg u ppl are wasting pages writing long irrelevant things,isnt a smartfone made to do all dose things ina dey call,for goodness sake lets accept the truth tecno were suppose to have a good ba3 check out lenovo p770 with the same features as this(plus the old chipset)..they did lots of test and figured its gonna be such a ba3 waster/hoter so they increased the ba3 to 3500mah..imagine..tecno didnt even do test ,dey jst make fones and give us(africans) asper we dnt knw anything bout tech..smh
Yeah smart phones are made to do all

Bt when u out run ur self b ready to bear d risk

Wen u own a car...y dnt u ride it all day mayb..u wnt run out of fuel

NONESENSE
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by adisaogo: 11:01am On Jun 23, 2013
Hey guys.... Pls can u advice me on d best internet Subscribtion for my f7, im new to Android platform n will really app ur help
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by xfay(m): 11:22am On Jun 23, 2013
use either airtel or mtn BB plan
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by paeffiong(m): 11:23am On Jun 23, 2013
Hav finally rooted my PhantomA and greenify has been installed.

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Idomak(m): 11:26am On Jun 23, 2013
ţęçŋo ƒ7 is vęŗy good .......d bāţţęŗy įş oķ āş węll. į āv nt ŗooţęd my owŋ , yęţ, ęŋjoyįŋg įţ!
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by peterchidi: 11:40am On Jun 23, 2013
Please my fellow nairalanders, i hav som questions abt dis tecno phantom: Which subscription i'm i to use and hw do i activate it?
i'm awaiting your candid response. tanx
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by chibuike123(m): 11:41am On Jun 23, 2013
[quote author=emperorjray][/quote]typical bb madness
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by mrdrizzy(m): 11:42am On Jun 23, 2013
zeanslim:
Yeah smart phones are made to do all

Bt when u out run ur self b ready to bear d risk

Wen u own a car...y dnt u ride it all day mayb..u wnt run out of fuel

NONESENSE
smh u dnt even understand what am even saying u jst comment,who says there wnt be low power on it,bt atleast it should last..u hear!..!.look well b4 u quote.. I used both the f7 and n7 last 4days the n7 ba3 even last more than f7 sef.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by mrdrizzy(m): 11:48am On Jun 23, 2013
adisaogo: Hey guys.... Pls can u advice me on d best internet Subscribtion for my f7, im new to Android platform n will really app ur help
for any android fone..i think mtn bis sus should be d best
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by otabsky: 11:57am On Jun 23, 2013
mr.drizzy:

We all due respect drizzy, fallacies abound in your post. Tecno did not run tests? How do you know? I phone 4 had errors in some of its phones such that people couldn't access stable 3g with 2 specific carriers in Australia and parts of the USA. So from your system of inference, apple didn't conduct tests too? We are all intelligent adults here and should try to keep the standards of our comments high. Adjust your complex towards the brand. It will help your objectivity

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by physise(m): 12:27pm On Jun 23, 2013
pls is samsung galaxy grand a gud phone 4 browsing and gaming?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by lordZOUGA(m): 12:33pm On Jun 23, 2013
mr.drizzy:
smh u dnt even understand what am even saying u jst comment,who says there wnt be low power on it,bt atleast it should last..u hear!..!.look well b4 u quote.. I used both the f7 and n7 last 4days the n7 ba3 even last more than f7 sef.
so you do not own the phantom a1?

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Mariopgomery(m): 12:39pm On Jun 23, 2013
Godvilla: PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!
Pay ur NEPA bills and get a brand new Tecno Phantom Bat3 or candle pack free in the new PHCN dark world promo. Hurry now as offer valid while stock last.
PHCN; Your darkness, our happiness smiley smiley smiley

hahaha omo guy you funny o
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Bosun13: 1:09pm On Jun 23, 2013
I ll soon grap my own f7 bcs as for this tread recommendations I think d battery life of f7 will surely beat race bolt am currently use ....thank u techno fan hp I ll not regret buying this machine
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Bosun13: 1:16pm On Jun 23, 2013
my infinix race bolt naa hot plate that's y I'm try to wait for ppl comments on this f7 but as I can see if i can manage race bolt devnately f7 is going to be gud for me
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Lawnaza: 1:24pm On Jun 23, 2013
Seyilome: Have'nt i told u that in gaming n3 outpass p3 cos i handled the two,but instead u were insulting me.
sorry for the insults and thank you for the information,3 to n3 and 0 to p3

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (161) (Reply)

GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. / PSP Forum(PSP Emulator For Android/iPhone) / Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.