Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,566 members, 7,861,679 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:57 PM

Do You Know About Bumps ??? Get Enlightened - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Know About Bumps ??? Get Enlightened (666 Views)

Do You Know About Chest Pain? Get Enlightened.. / Bumps On The Neck @ The Back Of The Head (picture) / Hard Curly Hair And Shaving Bumps! Any Cure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know About Bumps ??? Get Enlightened by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 31, 2013
BUMPS CARE

Razor bumps (Pseudofolliculitis Barbae), developes after shaving , when the curly hairs re-curl back into the skin causing irritation, itching , and tiny bumps which might grow into bigger bumps and cause scarring

OTHER CONTRIBUTING CAUSES
■Using of blunt , unsterilized and infected blades
■constant Scratching of newly shaven area
■small cuts from shaving

Bumps is commoner in African-americans (blacks) approx. 80% of them suffer this and carribeans

CARE FOR BUMPS

It is worth knowing that small bumps, will naturally heal on its own, when the hair starts growing and shaving is stopped, save when the bumps becomes very large that it persist.

That being the case ,I shall concentrate the bulk of my tutorial on means of preventing subsequent bumps (and like I have always written prevention is always and will always be better and best than cure)

and thus shall I be highlighting the Preventive protocols and precautions to take when dealing with Razor bumps ;Viz a Viz:
■Try using before shaving lotions , this could serve to dampen the hair and thus making it soft and easy to shave without abrasions
■You could also use water to dampen the hair, before shaving ,
■When shaving , shave in the direction of the hair growth, by this means there is limited chances of hair curling back
into the skin
■Always endeavour to use new blades, by that means you are sure it ain’t blunt or infected or alternatively properly sterilized objects
■Avoid the use of spirits and other alcoholic contents on shaven areas
■Use warm water to dampen and wash shaven areas,
■Avoid scratching newly shaven areas, to avoid it being infected

Dr. Ray

U can Know More on http://raymedicalworld./

1 Like

Re: Do You Know About Bumps ??? Get Enlightened by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
Appreciate d good work of a brother, what's wrong wt y'all. NL folks?

(1) (Reply)

Tragedy As Heavily Pregnant Former Olympian Suddenly Collapses And Dies In US / Typhoid Fever: What Docs Dnt Tell U / Benefits Of Orange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.