Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms (7103 Views)

Arm Deal Scandal- Like Fashola Jonathan Doesn't Sign Cheques. / I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari / Reuben Abati Says Goodluck Jonathan Doesn't Drink, But What Is Going On Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by Maxymilliano(m): 10:44pm On May 31, 2013
FOR those who think that President Goodluck Jonathan is bothered about the public criticism of his administration’s policies, the president has told them not to lose sleep, as he is no longer bothered about their activities.

At a family dinner organised by the national leadership of his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), at the Banquet Hall, Aso Villa, on Thursday night, the President said such attacks by the opposition was one of the best ingredients of democracy.

The occasion drew large crowd of PDP top supporters from across the country, where they exchanged ideas on how to move the party forward, while also patting themselves on the back for what they called their unprecedented achievements. But the absence of some notable key figures of the party took the shine off the gathering.

For instance, key personalities like former President Olusegun Obasanjo, his deputy, Atiku Abubakar; Second Republic Vice President, Dr. Alex Ekuweme; and pioneer chairman of the party, Chief Solomon Lar, were absent.

Making allusion to the current political environment, Jonathan said for the fear of being misunderstood, he would rather not make comments.

But he said: “I always tell people if I’m told that opposition parties are meeting, I used to tell them that there are two things to know. If opposition members are holding meeting everyday without sleeping then you should smile.

“But if they stop holding meeting, though sometimes out of the kind of character and sometimes type of person, I say if you see the opposition abusing the President, then go and sleep well.

If they start clapping for the President then you should know that something must be wrong somewhere. Nobody should be deterred about conspiracy or gang-up, long as you are playing politics people must conspire, there must be gang-up. They have done it and they must continue to do.
http://www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=14044

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by gramci: 10:51pm On May 31, 2013
Very true

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by superior1: 10:56pm On May 31, 2013
FOR those who think that President Goodluck Jonathan is bothered about the public criticism of his administration’s policies, the president has told them not to lose sleep, as he is no longer bothered about their activities

What a retard!
Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by Maxymilliano(m): 11:06pm On May 31, 2013
Maxymilliano:
If they start clapping for the President then you should know that something must be wrong somewhere. Nobody should be deterred about conspiracy or gang-up, long as you are playing politics people must conspire, there must be gang-up. They have done it and they must continue to do.

Political maturity on the part of the President, and to all those making noise than a town crier, the President is encouraging you guys to make good use of your new found vocation and keep it coming ...

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 31, 2013
The President i saw at the PDP looks like someone who is worried.The only thing Anenih has been able to do is to secure him a sole ticket as the candidate for the party but i can assure a OBJ fight back.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 31, 2013
I know he can't loose sleep, lai..lai.. Not when he's high on ogogoro/kaikai every now and then... And why should he loose sleep in the first place? tongue Even the boko issues are more than enough reasons why he should sleep 30hrs a day. Maybe because big position doesn't come with big responsibilities.

If I may ask, I hope he slept well during the AU meeting the way Mugabe did?

If yes, he clap for himself. Weldone

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by tomakint: 4:41am On Jun 01, 2013
The man, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is actually in control! Unfortunately, haters are busy hating undecided

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by dayokanu(m): 5:04am On Jun 01, 2013
Someone high 24-7 o ogogoro how he go lose sleep

Clueless Retardeen

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by Nobody: 5:30am On Jun 01, 2013
iS IT ALL ABOUT THE OPPOSITION ? ? ? ? ?

dO They Ever thinK about the NIGERIAN masses at all angry angry angry...
If your governance is good President![size=5pt]m0r0n[/size], the Nigerian People will fight the opposition for you!!!! angry angry angry

while also patting themselves on the back for what they called their unprecedented achievements

Looting is now an achievement? ? ? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by awodman: 6:08am On Jun 01, 2013
greg1234: The President i saw at the PDP looks like someone who is worried.The only thing Anenih has been able to do is to secure him a sole ticket as the candidate for the party but i can assure a OBJ fight back.
You are obviously lying because the Jonathan I saw was actually RADIANT and full of life, with his disarming smiles and normal gesticulations..he addressed his party members...And lest I forget that was the same jonathan I saw on Wednesday during the mid-term report...

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by eggheaders(m): 6:29am On Jun 01, 2013
this guy and his handlers are bunch of never do well skunkheads. you never lose sleep about the opposition yet you have more than two stationed attack dogs to respond to all their criticism of your administration. only an insecure and unserious like this present useless administration. use his spoke man to denial the presidential boozing habit. it only means one thing the allegation is truth and the spokeman wanna cover it. later the spokeman will tell us how gej doesn't bed dizeni cause he use to see him doing the deed with dame abi na lame. common dullards we ain't interested in your filthy personal life fix the country and we are not bothered if your character is as bad as that of the devil. cc abati, okupe and our prestigious in-house a55 lickers a.k.a ( 40 men lapdogs), Reno omokri and other electronic media gej p.r goons.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:46am On Jun 01, 2013
greg1234: The President i saw at the PDP looks like someone who is worried.The only thing Anenih has been able to do is to secure him a sole ticket as the candidate for the party but i can assure a OBJ fight back.

Is it the OBJ that cannot win election in his ward?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by omenka(m): 6:52am On Jun 01, 2013
No one thinks you loose sleep over anything sir. You have sed it before and you just reiterated it: you don't give a damn!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by Symphony007: 6:57am On Jun 01, 2013
That is why i love the westminster system of government. If jonathan was prime minister and every tuesday, he had to go before parliament and the nigerian people and debate the opposition on his policies..nigerians will shutter at the IQ of their president and he will definitely loose sleep when he thinks of the next embarrasment the following tuesday.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by juman(m): 7:22am On Jun 01, 2013
The performance of the president is not good.
Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by juman(m): 7:25am On Jun 01, 2013
Symphony007: That is why i love the westminster system of government. If jonathan was prime minister and every tuesday, he had to go before parliament and the nigerian people and debate the opposition on his policies..nigerians will shutter at the IQ of their president and he will definitely loose sleep when he thinks of the next embarrasment the following tuesday.

That's why I like we have our oduduwa republic. A republic that would be forward looking and very modern. The parliamentary system is better.
Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by Gamji007: 11:01am On Jun 01, 2013
Does he give a damn? NO, he doesn't give a damn!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by Sibrah: 11:03am On Jun 01, 2013
Maybe on opposition's performance then. If not Gej supporters based in states like Enugu will not come online and focus squarely on states they have no direct connection with or its leaders.
Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by Ijiego: 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2013
story
Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by Bonapart(m): 12:58pm On Jun 01, 2013
Who is He? U mean Jonathan shekkau?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by firstolalekan(m): 12:59pm On Jun 01, 2013
[size=28pt]so, whats my bizness [/size]
Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 01, 2013
Believe it or not going by what we saw at d PDP dinner GEJ is an emerging strongman of naija politics and its so glaring his influence and finesse is gradually being felt that was y d likes of Atiku,IBB and OBJ who cudnt secure a senatorial seat for his daughter decided to boycot d dinner out of shame. OBJ's influence is fast on the decline,same wit Atiku and IBB, by the time GEJ z done with Amaechi he wil become politically irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by alphaconde(m): 1:00pm On Jun 01, 2013
If I were him I would do and say the same thing, the opposition are even dumber that what I thought the president was. Imagine the other day one dumb lai mohamed started criticizing GEJ for not speaking at a summit, as if he has spoken thing would be a lot better for him(lai), well the journalist r the ones always running around priniting their useless contributions and arguments. As far as am concerned, the beautiful ones are not yet born. But pdp seems more beautiful.
Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by gramci: 1:03pm On Jun 01, 2013
dayokanu: Someone high 24-7 o ogogoro how he go lose sleep

Clueless Retardeen

Insulting President Goodluck Jonathan won't make you appear intelligent

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by PapaBrowne(m): 1:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
superior1: FOR those who think that President Goodluck Jonathan is bothered about the public criticism of his administration’s policies, the president has told them not to lose sleep, as he is no longer bothered about their activities

What a retard!

He doesnt lose sleep over your type. Bitterness rules in your world and it is not his making so why should he lose sleep over your comment.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by CallmeJKLUE(m): 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2013
checkout diz kool outfit from †ђξ 1st lady https://www.nairaland.com/1303147/tiwa-salvage-uti-wande-coal
Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 01, 2013
the President said such attacks by the opposition was one of the best ingredients of democracy.

Meanwhile he's busy victimizing Amaechi and other perceived enemies within his own party.Is that also an ingredient of democracy ?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by AkinDavid2: 1:14pm On Jun 01, 2013
Why should i even comment on this thread self? grin grin
Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by Odunharry(m): 1:16pm On Jun 01, 2013
Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 01, 2013
and my president has continued to show that he is the best president nigeria ever had. it can only get better.
shout 7 halleluyah to the glory of GOD.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by gerald09(m): 1:18pm On Jun 01, 2013
domcarez: Believe it or not going by what we saw at d PDP dinner GEJ is an emerging strongman of naija politics and its so glaring his influence and finesse is gradually being felt that was y d likes of Atiku,IBB and OBJ who cudnt secure a senatorial seat for his daughter decided to boycot d dinner out of shame. OBJ's influence is fast on the decline,same wit Atiku and IBB, by the time GEJ z done with Amaechi he wil become politically irrelevant.
That is the problem wif Nigerian politics, Amaechi shuld use his people to fight GEJ, A great Name is had to kill, with the way Ameachi is running his state, and his primitive way he has left the richest state in africa, I don't fink GEJ has much to do in other to destroy him. If GEJ believe he is almighty make em fight fashola and baba OSHO and see if EDO n Lagos people no go use GEJ wash ground.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Doesn't Lose Sleep On Opposition Criticisms by ballabriggs: 1:19pm On Jun 01, 2013
Symphony007: That is why i love the westminster system of government. If jonathan was prime minister and every tuesday, he had to go before parliament and the nigerian people and debate the opposition on his policies..nigerians will shutter at the IQ of their president and he will definitely loose sleep when he thinks of the next embarrasment the following tuesday.

Hehehe, even David Cameron runs from his PMQ at times because he knows what awaits him.

I'm sorry to say but are Nigerians dull. Their eyes dey shine where e no suppose. If these people know the power they have over these insecure leaders, by now these low lives masquerading as leaders will be pissing in their pants.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kaduna 2017 Declaration)the Drug That Cure Biafra Madness In 24hrs / Zainab Ahmed: More Taxes, Blocking Revenue Leakages Will Reduce Nigeria’s Debt / Exchange Rates Before Tinubu Takes Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.