Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Enugu State- What A Place To Come From - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Enugu State- What A Place To Come From (4662 Views)

Pictures From Omabe Festival In Nsukka, Enugu State. / Why You Should Marry From Nsukka, Enugu State / Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by myhobbies(m): 12:00am On Jun 01, 2013
Are you from Coal City state? Call your father, mother, siblings,uncle, aunty, aunt, etc and lets meet ourselves here. Please no abusive words here. God bless Nkanu East, Enugu and bless Nigeria at large!
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by Afam4eva(m): 12:10am On Jun 01, 2013
Abum nwa Amaechi, Awkunanaw in Nkanu(Enugu South LGA), Ndi bayi anam ekene.
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by myhobbies(m): 12:17am On Jun 01, 2013
Afam4eva: Abum nwa Amaechi, Awkunanaw in Nkanu(Enugu South LGA), Ndi bayi anam ekene.
Onye nwe-anyi gozie gi o! Amaechi Awkunanaw bunu Nkanu west LGA na!
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by Afam4eva(m): 12:20am On Jun 01, 2013
myhobbies:
Onye nwe-anyi gozie gi o! Amaechi Awkunanaw bunu Nkanu west LGA na!
Amaechi may be in the western part of Nkanu but it's under Enugu South LGA of Nigeria.
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by myhobbies(m): 12:34am On Jun 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
Amaechi may be in the western part of Nkanu but it's under Enugu South LGA of Nigeria.
Well don't know abt that but we have two Amaechi's! Amaechi Idodo which is in Nkanu east LG then Amaechi Awkunanaw which is in Nkanu west LG. We only had one Nkanu LG before but it was later divided into East and West.
Ekene Okenwa from Akpugo is the recent Nkanu west LG chairman while Pastor Sam Iyiogwe from Ubahu is equally the recent Nkanu east LG chairman.
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by Afam4eva(m): 12:42am On Jun 01, 2013
myhobbies:
Well don't know abt that but we have two Amaechi's! Amaechi Idodo which is in Nkanu east LG then Amaechi Awkunanaw which is in Nkanu west LG. We only had one Nkanu LG before but it was later divided into East and West.
Ekene Okenwa from Akpugo is the recent Nkanu west LG chairman while Pastor Sam Iyiogwe from Ubahu is equally the recent Nkanu east LG chairman.
I don't know much about the local government system in Enugu but i'm positive that Amaechi, Awkunanaw is part of Enugu South. I even went to their secretariat once. isn't it possible that Nkanu West was divided and Enugu South was created from it #Justsaying. Btw, Mr. Nwabueze Okafor is the chairman of Enugu South from what I got on google.
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by Eifeh(m): 12:01pm On Jun 01, 2013
im from Nenwe in Anrinri lga, 042 kwenu

Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by myhobbies(m): 12:25pm On Jun 01, 2013
Eifeh: im from Nenwe in Anrinri lga, 042 kwenu
Welcome on board....
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by olymurphy(f): 2:02pm On Jun 01, 2013
i'm from Amofia-agu affa in Udi LGA.
Ndi banyi dejenu deje
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by myhobbies(m): 8:13pm On Jun 01, 2013
olymurphy: i'm from Amofia-agu affa in Udi LGA.
Ndi banyi dejenu deje
Nwa ada Enugu ndewo!
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by princepee: 3:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
I rep 042, abum onye igbudu, ezeagu lga
umunnem ekenemo unu o
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by myhobbies(m): 8:55am On Jun 13, 2013
princepee: I rep 042, abum onye igbudu, ezeagu lga
umunnem ekenemo unu o
You are welcome on board cool
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by myhobbies(m): 6:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
Where are my brothers and sisters na
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by obum042: 2:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
Abu m onye obinagu nke di na udi local govt. Ekene mu unu.
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by EzePromoe: 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2013
princepee: I rep 042, abum onye igbudu, ezeagu lga
umunnem ekenemo unu o
Looks like 042 is the zip code of the state.
But how come its only people from Enugu I see repping their city with this code?

Anyways, I rep my city!
084 for life! cheesy
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by Afam4eva(m): 3:15pm On Oct 26, 2013
Eze Promoe:
[b]But how come its only people from Enugu I see repping their city with this code?

Anyways, I rep my city!
084 for life! cheesy
[/b]
You're wrong. Most people who rep Enugu are not even from there but just live there.
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
Born and brought up in the Coal City. Enugu boy by birth. cool
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by bigfrancis21: 7:01pm On Oct 26, 2013
Munwa bu nwa agaba n'enugu state. Nne m oma bu onye Oji River LGA. A na-anu ya n'Enugwu-ukwu.

Mana oge nne na nna m fa gbalu akwukwo, fa naabo bubu ndi anambra oge anwa e kewaputabero Enugu state.

042 is the state to be. I rep it always! Ndi Enugu ndi oma, Daalu nu!
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by bigfrancis21: 7:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
Eze Promoe:
But how come its only people from Enugu I see repping their city with this code?

Anyways, I rep my city!
084 for life! cheesy

042 isn't the zip code. It was the NITEL land line dialling code for Enugu state. Lagos was 01, Abuja 09, Owerri 083, PH 084 and so on. My father was a senior manager with NITEL.

I thought it was your maternal side that is Ikwerre?
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by EzePromoe: 7:58pm On Oct 26, 2013
bigfrancis21:

042 isn't the zip code. It was the NITEL land line dialling code for Enugu state. Lagos was 01, Abuja 09, Owerri 083, PH 084 and so on. My father was a senior manager with NITEL.

I thought it was your maternal side that is Ikwerre?
Well, it's all the same thing.
Zip code is the telephone code of that area. Could be used by NITEL, Starcomms etc.
All the example you gave are all the zip codes and telephone codes of the specified area.

I'm born Ikwerre, albeit I spent most of my life in Onitsha, maternized in Nnobi
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by EzePromoe: 8:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
You're wrong. Most people who rep Enugu are not even from there but just live there.
As in, they aren't proud of their paternity?
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by bigfrancis21: 8:06pm On Oct 26, 2013
Eze Promoe:
As in, they aren't proud of their paternity.

Not really. Just that Enugu is the place to be proud of. Anybody who was born, grew up there or lives there will automatically feel the need to rep the place. Just as non-lagosians rep Lagos state.
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by bigfrancis21: 8:15pm On Oct 26, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Well, it's all the same thing.
Zip code is the telephone code of that area. Could be used by NITEL, Starcomms etc.
All the example you gave are all the zip codes and telephone codes of the specified area.

I'm born Ikwerre, albeit I spent most of my life in Onitsha, maternized in Nnobi

Zip code and telephone/dialling codes are not the same things. While telephone code, also called area code, is used in telecommunications systems(landline and mobile calling), zip code, on the other hand, is a system of postal codes used by a country's postal service. Zip codes are assigned by the postal services to each state to help in the delivery of mails.

Enugu's telephone/area code is 042 while its zip code is 40001.

I noticed so many people tend to confuse area code with zip code a lot, especially in Nigeria.
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by bigfrancis21: 8:18pm On Oct 26, 2013
Maternized in Nnobi...your maternal home is Nnobi right?

Nice to have a proud Ikwerre Igbo brother. cool
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by EzePromoe: 8:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Not really. Just that Enugu is the place to be proud of. Anybody who was born/grew or lives there will automatically feel the need to rep the place. Just as non-lagosians rep Lagos state.
I see
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by EzePromoe: 8:26pm On Oct 26, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Zip code and telephone/dialling codes are not the same things. While telephone code, also called area code, is used in telecommunications systems(landline and mobile calling), zip code, on the other hand, is a system of postal codes used by a country's postal service. Zip codes are assigned by the postal services to each state to help in the delivery of mails.

Enugu's telephone/area code is 042 while its zip code is 40001.

I noticed so many people tend to confuse area code with zip code a lot, especially in Nigeria.
Well, if that is the case, it means that I'm also guilty of it.
Telephone code is what I actually meant.
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by EzePromoe: 8:30pm On Oct 26, 2013
bigfrancis21: Maternized in Nnobi...your maternal home is Nnobi right?

Nice to have a proud Ikwerre Igbo brother. cool

I got accustomed to Anambra state, having spent most of my life in Onitsha, that one would hardly know that I'm from Rivers.
In my town at Igwuruta, we have many proud Ikwerre Igbo, and my family isn't left out smiley

1 Like

Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by bigfrancis21: 8:32pm On Oct 26, 2013
Eze Promoe:
I got accustomed to Anambra state, having spent most of my life in Onitsha, that one would hardly know that I'm from Rivers.

Ok. Daalu!
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by EzePromoe: 8:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Ok. Daalu!
meka su wene cool
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by Afam4eva(m): 8:51pm On Oct 26, 2013
Eze Promoe:
In my town at Igwuruta, we have many proud Ikwerre Igbo, and my family isn't left out smiley
You guys at Igruita are close to the airport and it seems your area is part of the New Port-hacourt city that Amaechi is building...I remember an Igruita man that owed my father money in the 90s and till date he hasn't paid.
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by Afam4eva(m): 8:52pm On Oct 26, 2013
Eze Promoe:
meka su wene cool
Ikwerre Meka, diali badu grin
Re: Enugu State- What A Place To Come From by EzePromoe: 10:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
Ikwerre Meka, diali badu grin
Imeru oha? smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Raw African Honey For Sound Health / Lagos Is Not Yoruba Land By Oba Akinolu / Names Of Some Animals In Igbo Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.