Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,226 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? (39767 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? / Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by ambrosini593(m): 8:07am On Jun 01, 2013
You see a girl so slim and beautiful but the very moment she gets married you will see her increasing every single day. I heard a man telling his wife please take it easy with your weight o, eh God help me in my area. This is just a year old marriage. A girl you got married to in less than a year will suddenly grow fat and like becoming an elder sister to you. I know the girls on their own are not comfortable with their weight. This is very common among our girls. What could be responsible for it? Is it that their parents were not feeding them well? Is it rest of mind? Child birth or just overfeeding?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by Daresh(f): 8:15am On Jun 01, 2013
It's child birth oh my brother. When I was preg I weighed over 200 pounds from my 155 pounds pre pregnancy weight. After the baby some dropped but the bulk of the weight no gree. But small small over time I've dropped most of the weight, just 5 pounds to go. But my Oga on the other hand is now Mr Biggy, over enjoying my good food cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by Enegod(m): 8:51am On Jun 01, 2013

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by ambrosini593(m): 9:01am On Jun 01, 2013
U re too funny o
Enegod:

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 01, 2013
Why do most guys develop pot-belly after marriage?.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:33am On Jun 02, 2013
The day you carry a pregnancy,let us know how it goes undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by Enegod(m): 6:35am On Jun 02, 2013
ambrosini593: U re too funny o
Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 02, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by usermane(m): 7:49am On Jun 02, 2013
Lack of exercise, imbalance diet are 2 main factors responsible for women getting fat after marriage. Pregnancy is only a distant third factor.
The fact is that beyond a certain age, we stop getting any height. We just keep adding weight from the food we ingest. Most women tie the knot at this age(20-25). And these women rarely exercise voluntarily, evn those living on a high fat and sugar diet would rather jump in bed just after supper than read a book or watch the tv. So they add weight gradually this way since they keep storing more fat that is never burnt out by exercise even before pregnancy.
On pregnancy, women nvr exercise not even mild exercises, like walking round the house, inspite of what doctors advise, so more fats continue to deposit which greatly increase their weight. After birth, weight falls because the baby is out,but weight is still high relative to her premarital days, due to the vast accumulation of adipose(fatty) tissues during and perharp prior to pregnancy. Still a lot of women wouldnt hit the gym at this point so their body rely on the mild exercise in home or office to burn it fat very slowly, and this is not really effective considering that more fat continue deposit from their subsequent meals.
Women are strange, arent they? they prefer what is easier than what is best for them.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 02, 2013
usermane: Lack of exercise, imbalance diet are 2 main factors responsible for women getting fat after marriage. Pregnancy is only a distant third factor.
The fact is that beyond a certain age, we stop getting any height. We just keep adding weight from the food we ingest. Most women tie the knot at this age(20-25).

Actually, most women stop gaining height about 14-15yrs of age so that can't really be part of the reason.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by horny4u(f): 10:47am On Jun 02, 2013
I work out 6 days a week ....work chest, triceps and back (mon), badass cardio (tues) back and biceps (wed) ashtanga yoga (thurs) legs and back (fri) kickboxing cardio (sat) Rest (sun) .....Mon+wed+fri I work abs for half and hour and build butt and hips for 30 mins too.

I donot beleive in African women being all skinny but flat abs, 15- 20% body phat with a lot of booty to smack

When a lady is over 25 years old she should work out atleast 3 times a week 30 min HIIT and 30 mins weight training. Hormones reduce and sedative lifestyle too cause for weight increase.

Increase protein if you are building a body part and eat complex carbohydrates...NO eating carbs after 6pm.
1 gallon /5 litres of water everyday.

I most times wake up an hour earlier to work out.

Health is the real wealth.

The above is just my opinion.
Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by Enegod(m): 11:22am On Jun 02, 2013
honey86: Why do most guys develop pot-belly after marriage?.
bcoz their wives are overfeeding them...
Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by usermane(m): 12:12pm On Jun 02, 2013
horny4u: I work out 6 days a week ....work chest, triceps and back (mon), badass cardio (tues) back and biceps (wed) ashtanga yoga (thurs) legs and back (fri) kickboxing cardio (sat) Rest (sun) .....Mon+wed+fri I work abs for half and hour and build butt and hips for 30 mins too.

I donot beleive in African women being all skinny but flat abs, 15- 20% body phat with a lot of booty to smack

When a lady is over 25 years old she should work out atleast 3 times a week 30 min HIIT and 30 mins weight training. Hormones reduce and sedative lifestyle too cause for weight increase.

Increase protein if you are building a body part and eat complex carbohydrates...NO eating carbs after 6pm.

wow, horny4u it seem like you work hard a lot especially as a lady. Many ladies could learn from Physical Education instructor like you. I have also learnt a lot from your opinion. It would b nice to know you. More grease to your elbow. Keep it up.
Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by usermane(m): 1:09pm On Jun 02, 2013
ileobatojo:

Actually, most women stop gaining height about 14-15yrs of age so that can't really be part of the reason.
come on, at 14 or 15, they are still young and growing taller. It is only at early adulthood height increase terminates and then most of the food eaten is directed at increasing weight when we dont properly exercise.
Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by natasha: 12:47pm On Jun 03, 2013
This is an insensitive topic i must add, very insensitive. why do most men get fat after marriage? WHat is their excuse? Atleast women go through hormonal changes, childbirth, relocating (due to hubby changing jobs etc) what's men excuse. You have no right and i repeat NO right to complain that your wife is fat if you have added weight after marriage especially. You will see their bellies competing with a 7 month pregnant woman. the flat tummy they have has been replaced with calabash even before madam puts to bed.
And before you complain and compare black women to white women you should also compare yourselves (you men) to the white men, they remain virtually the same size years after marriage.
and to the unfaithful supporters brigade, who say that if you dont remain the same size 0 you were (pre marriage//pregnancy) when hubby was wooing you then you would "push" him to go for slimmer girls afterwards, well, eventually, the slimmers girls do grown "fat" after awhile.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by Daresh(f): 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2013
horny4u: I work out 6 days a week ....work chest, triceps and back (mon), badass cardio (tues) back and biceps (wed) ashtanga yoga (thurs) legs and back (fri) kickboxing cardio (sat) Rest (sun) .....Mon+wed+fri I work abs for half and hour and build butt and hips for 30 mins too.

You are on your own. After doing all this one where will i get the strength and time to do home work, go to work, pursue children, cook and service oga? You wan kill be biko? On your own o!

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by danjkad: 4:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
To show D̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇̊τ̣̣̥ their hubby ȋ̝̊̅§ takin Ǧ☺☺ϑ care ☺f̶̲̥̅̊ dem.
Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by slymm(f): 4:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
There is nothing you set your mind to do that you can not do. All this you are on your own talk, how will I have time to do this or that is pathetic. Stop spreading like butter all over your husbands house, reduce your food portions, stop swallowing everything you see and make out time to look good for your self and then for your husband and kids.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by minute(f): 4:54pm On Jun 03, 2013
BOYS say those things because they are lacking within themselves, they compensate

for their self loathing by projecting it on the opposite sex.Sorry, most women can see

right through you.
Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by rubi(f): 5:42pm On Jun 03, 2013
Will be right back

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 03, 2013
Daresh:

You are on your own. After doing all this one where will i get the strength and time to do home work, go to work, pursue children, cook and service oga? You wan kill be biko? On your own o!
U gat me here! Its not easy at all. I started gaining weight after pregnancy.they said it was stress.
Always tired.baby,work,house matter,name them.by d time u know it,its night.u gat small time to sleep small,oga will come with his own.and if u r the type dat don't sleep deep,any small thing u r awake.what time do u hv for exercise.if u r on pill,double wahala.its not easy at all. I just don't know why men don't even help their wife out.buy treadmill for her cos she can never burn those fat if she don't do intense cardio.at least as a gift for bringing ur little cute baby to d world.she can start with that and do encourage her too.
Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by MMotimo: 7:38pm On Jun 03, 2013

You go, gal kiss Your body will thank you!

@ Post

Not just after marriage anymore, even before. In the past, you could attribute most cases to childbirth but now? More people eat out than ever before and fitting in exercise can be tough, it takes real determination. As your body gets older, your metabolism becomes slower
Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by baby124: 8:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
ifokanbale grin. But that lasts only for a while, when you go out and see your friends like tomato jos. cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by horny4u(f): 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2013
MMotimo:

You go, gal kiss Your body will thank you!

@ Post

Not just after marriage anymore, even before. In the past, you could attribute most cases to childbirth but now? More people eat out than ever before and fitting in exercise can be tough, it takes real determination. As your body gets older, your metabolism becomes slower

Thanks babe wink

There are so many valid reasons not to exercise but the benefits are astonishing...mental clarity, health, beauty much more but this are the 3 reasons I work out. Its very addictive too. 30 mins - 1 hour a day ?
Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 10:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
Na speerm o.

Regular nacking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 04, 2013
Daresh:

That is where you go wrong. Regular exercise will even give you the strength to carry out other functions effectively. It must not be like what was said here, but at least 30 mins every weekend will go along way in keeping you fit. Must women who get tired easily including men do not exercise regularly. Start exercising today and see the difference.
Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by thorpido(m): 7:52am On Jan 09, 2014
I honestly think a lot of women are not doing enough to keep their weight in check.I work in the health and fitness industry and I know regular exercise can go along way to reduce weight.
You may not go through all the gym routines like Horny4u but you can walk a lot instead of taking cabs or bikes.You also need a discipline when it comes to food.Avoid much of the fatty foods.
Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by mgbeketoto: 2:54am On Jan 10, 2014
As I was saying jare, before MAMA AND PAPA SPAM BOT GOT JEALOUS AS USUAL! cool

Just like the PREGNANT HUSBANDS ALL OVER NIGERIA have refused to give birth! cool

As long as the BLOKOS can H-ENTER THE TOTO FOR JIGBI-JIGBIM, and no one answers WIDOW or WIDOWER, no wahala abi? cool
Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by 1mmanuel(m): 4:38am On Feb 20, 2017
I don't see any wrong in it. If she grows very fat and she's comfortable with it then I'm okay with her, because I still love her
Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by sisisioge: 6:06am On Feb 20, 2017
Hmmmmmm, collecting the sperrm everyday, eating what one pleases, childbirth and the simple positive movement of the weight chart( lepa today becomes thick tomorrow, thick today becomes orobo tomorrow), rest of mind , etc...

Although, I have a gf who has been married for 6yrs now with two kids. Babe had hips that didn't lie back then in school and her hips still don't lie. One would think she would be very roomie right now given that she and her bobo are doing well with all she wanna eat at her disposal,yet, she almost didn't add a tad more. Reason: her bobo was one of the flexers in school then and dude told her point blank her hips is one of those things her found so alluring in her. If they grow bigger... he's gonna wear his badge of dishonour again. Na contract dem enter o, everybody is still keeping up with the terms.
Re: Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? by Shoolar(m): 2:47am On May 16, 2017
Only God knows[color=#000099][/color]

(1) (Reply)

Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This / 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family / Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.