Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) (39782 Views)

"Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child / Photos: You Won't Be Able To Guess Who The Mother Is In These Photos But Try / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Youngzubi(m): 12:00pm On Feb 12, 2019
Since most of the African countries got their independence from the whites things have really changed, there have been vast improvement in everything around us ranging from our way of life e.g(culture) to our environment,most things we're prone to see in the late 80's and 90's have been replaced interchangeably with the modern ones some of which are mud houses for the brick ones, black and white tv for the colored plasma tv and so forth.

Vast improvement in our way of life is a welcomed development but when we ought to forget our own culture in place of another man's own is quite unfair and harmful to our future generations, even the so called whites that we seems to emulate have something called museums where they safe-keep their cultural materials, art works and others just for future reference simply because they know that as they advance towards better development there's still need for future research which might call for reference to those artifacts.

Here is images of some of the things we Africans do in the 80's that are now hard to see among our people must especially in the cities, so for the sake of the young ones lets have fun as we share them, discuss and make references.

Your contributions are important though.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by madridguy(m): 12:01pm On Feb 12, 2019
Sincerely I don old. I can relate to every every tongue

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Youngzubi(m): 12:06pm On Feb 12, 2019
More photos

1 Like

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Nbote(m): 12:11pm On Feb 12, 2019
Na wa ooo...
Picture 1.. Dat year if U were not a friend to any child in dat house u won't even b allowed to watch from d window and if any of una don offend any of d children in d house, dey will jejely com and close d curtain sef. D boys in dat house are always automatically selected first for monkey post football whether dem sabi play or not otherwise no TV for una.. It's always worse wen d owner of d ball is also d owner of d TV.

Picture 2
Jus allow dem pull una so dem fall...

Picture 3
Dat rain football dat year no dey get goalposts or defined area becos if anybody patch u dat ball for body, U'll understand d meaning of pain.. I learnt my own lesson during a penalty kick in d rain... I was stupid enough to believe I was Peter Rufai until d shot landed on my face.. I saw darkness and got more beating wen I got home

163 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by phelonrays: 12:43pm On Feb 12, 2019
grin in my elementary rainy day was the best days back then you'll got to play football till closing time no lecture even though its stops

watching TV you must prepare to receive all serial of knocks... back then TV owners even have a fair share of our heads more than our parentgringrin

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Mutecgold92(m): 1:55pm On Feb 12, 2019
Nooo
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by sanfranka2(m): 1:55pm On Feb 12, 2019
That no 3, if they shot you that ball for Belle as e dey rain eh, kai you go remember the road to garden of Eden grin

22 Likes

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Twenty47(m): 1:56pm On Feb 12, 2019
Yeah... Almost all of them, those days ehn... To sit in the room comfortably with my elder brothers and watch television was just like telling Pdp to support Apc..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 12, 2019
grin

Omo it's almost all of them.

1 Like

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Haymaykar(m): 1:56pm On Feb 12, 2019
Hmmmm....it was playing under the rain,doing high jump...that I mostly did...and they were fun
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by rentAcock(m): 1:56pm On Feb 12, 2019
Nice
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by aywhy93(m): 1:56pm On Feb 12, 2019
LOL
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by helinues: 1:56pm On Feb 12, 2019
Yes oo
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Bossontop(m): 1:57pm On Feb 12, 2019
Buyday cake dah year......

34 Likes

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by osemoses1234(m): 1:57pm On Feb 12, 2019
Ff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by martineverest(m): 1:57pm On Feb 12, 2019
when childhood was entertaining......the first pics tho.u dare not make trouble with the kids of the owner of the house..they will just send us away,while watching an interesting movie

4 Likes

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by ThinkWISELY(m): 1:58pm On Feb 12, 2019
OP calm down, even those born in 2005 still experienced this now

8 Likes

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Sisqoman(m): 1:58pm On Feb 12, 2019
That's no3 picture, the girl don get bwest.

1 Like

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by soberdrunk(m): 1:58pm On Feb 12, 2019
Sorry we the 80s "Ajebutter" cannot relate........ angry

2 Likes

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Fatherofdragons: 1:59pm On Feb 12, 2019
cheesy

I can relate to all of them, I remember the time I used to sneak to my neighbor's backyard just to peep through the window and watch movies and any other "thing" which he may be doing or watching at that time

cool

3 Likes

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by SouthSouth1914: 2:01pm On Feb 12, 2019
Indomie generation can’t relate!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by ezkimow(m): 2:02pm On Feb 12, 2019
Good old days

1 Like

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Emekadollars(m): 2:03pm On Feb 12, 2019
Yeah. Childhood games.
Fun moments.

I sell all kinds of furniture both home and office.
Phone/WhatsApp 07013038612.
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by teresafaith: 2:04pm On Feb 12, 2019
The funny thing about watching movie in someone's house is that we have our own TV but its fun watching it with a lot people elsewhere

But I will never forget one day I was watching through the window as usual, when their uncle that came to visit, said I should leave the window and to our house but being the stubborn kid that I was I refused to go, when the man checks the window to see if I was still there I will hide, when he leaves I will still go back.

Not knowing he was also hiding behind the curtain, I peeped again only to be met with the beating of my life.

Since that day up till tomorrow, I don't go to people's house.

11 Likes

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by RiyadhGoddess(f): 2:04pm On Feb 12, 2019
I was born in the 80s. No 1, No No my dad had black and white TV & turner disc or what is it called? No 2, issa yes yes. No 3, No playing in the rain for my siblings and I. No 4, what's that No 5,6&7 issa No...

1 Like

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by 2wenty9ineteen: 2:04pm On Feb 12, 2019
Sisqoman:
That's no3 picture, the girl don get bwest.

Must you comment on bwez
So nah only bwez you see for all the pictures uploaded

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by KadunaMafia: 2:05pm On Feb 12, 2019
I did the watching of Tv through window in 1991 and that ten ten play in same year.

Growing up was fun

1 Like

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 12, 2019
Ooo
the fact u exist n seun still runs this site hopefully it not ran by cabals like u, then ur post should not exist along side ur name which has no link to profile.

so do this nobody okay ur game and win ur own game stop disturbing us abi u just start to dey scam ni? yeye
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Hoodbilonia: 2:10pm On Feb 12, 2019
Not everyone grew up in slums and hopeless projects

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family / Before You Marry As A Man / A Typical Face-me-i-face-you Occupants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.