Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,970 members, 7,821,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet (1794 Views)

PICS:Church Members Carry Their Pastor Because His Feet Must Not Touch The Floor / Top 13 People Who Made Christianity Look Bad / Man 'Walks' On Water With His Bare Feet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 01, 2013
From the BBC;

Ape-like feet 'found in study of museum visitors'
By Melissa Hogenboom
Science reporter, BBC News

A team studied the feet of 398 visitors to the Boston Museum of Science.

The results show differences in foot bone structure similar to those seen in fossils of a member of the human lineage from two million years ago.

It is hoped the research, published in the American Journal of Physical Anthropology, will establish how that creature moved.

Apes like the chimpanzee spend a lot of their time in trees, so their flexible feet are essential to grip branches and allow them to move around quickly - but how most of us ended up with more rigid feet remains unclear.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22716718

So, what explains this phenomena? Evolution or bible creationism?
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:38am On Jun 01, 2013
really? is this physically manifested on the outside? can we see the difference?

I think I have these ape-like feet. . tongue
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by AtheistD(m): 11:18am On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03: From the BBC;

I saw this grin

Hmmm..... wink
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:26am On Jun 01, 2013
I want to extend my tail. The small thing I had is killing my identity
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Emusan(m): 11:28am On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03:
A team studied the feet of 398 visitors to the Boston Museum of Science.

The results show differences in foot bone structure similar to those seen in fossils of a member of the human lineage from two million years ago.

It is hoped the research, published in the American Journal of Physical Anthropology, will establish how that creature moved.

Apes like the chimpanzee spend a lot of their time in trees, so their flexible feet are essential to grip branches and allow them to move around quickly - but how most of us ended up with more rigid feet remains unclear.

@ bold- I believe if you read the news very well you won't post it because it doesn't favour evolution.

2 Likes

Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by UyiIredia(m): 11:47am On Jun 01, 2013
Errors in the genetic processes that make the feet. Cojsider that, in cows there's a gene which regulates their musculature. If these genes are knocked out, you have cows with abnormally huge muscles. Does this prove evolution via common descent ? No. Here's why. The major mechanisms of evolution is random mutation (making novel traits) and natural selection (ensuring the survival and increase of these traits). In this case, mutations did not make a novel trait (the trait had since been in the genes). Did natural selection ensure the survival and increase of these traits ? No data (when it first appeared, the frequency then and now) to conclude that but it's unlikely since it doesn't involve a mutation in a sex cell (which is necessary to spread this trait in a population). I certainly hope people won't argue ape feet is a novel trait, or else aberrations such as 6 fingers and toes, cojoined twins and the hairiest man in the world would be termed novel.

1 Like

Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by UyiIredia(m): 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2013

I think this suffers from a post hoc fallacy like typical evidences for common ancestry. Point to an observed fact and say it means common descent occurred. Common descent suffers from the fact that in species that have been strongly bred for a particular trait, or which have undergone mutations there is a limit to the species (a fuzzy concept) barrier. Consider that bacteria, fruit flies, dogs have either bred for specific traits (dogs) or undergone lots of mutations (fruit flies) or supposedly been around for billions of years (cyano bacteria) and yet remain largely the same.

1 Like

Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
really? is this physically manifested on the outside? can we see the difference?

I think I have these ape-like feet. . tongue

You have always been a true african monkey grin grin
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 01, 2013

bullshid.
they just won't stop this madness despite being debunked...BY THEMSELVES. grin
evolution: man from ape is a fraud.
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

You have always been a true african monkey grin grin

smh.
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 01, 2013
*Kails*:

bullshid.
they just won't stop this madness despite being debunked...BY THEMSELVES. grin
evolution: man from ape is a fraud.

Yet, you want your boyfriend to be a strong gorilla in bed.

smiley
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 01, 2013
Emusan:

@ bold- I believe if you read the news very well you won't post it because it doesn't favour evolution.

see this one.....that was the title of the article and was explained further in the full article

lazy bones....read the full article
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yet, you want your boyfriend to be a strong gorilla in bed.

smiley

no! undecided
where you get that from?

someone's been watching king kong and mighty joe young movies i see. undecided undecided
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 01, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Errors in the genetic processes that make the feet. Cojsider that, in cows there's a gene which regulates their musculature. If these genes are knocked out, you have cows with abnormally huge muscles. Does this prove evolution via common descent ? No. Here's why. The major mechanisms of evolution is random mutation (making novel traits) and natural selection (ensuring the survival and increase of these traits). In this case, mutations did not make a novel trait (the trait had since been in the genes). Did natural selection ensure the survival and increase of these traits ? No data (when it first appeared, the frequency then and now) to conclude that but it's unlikely since it doesn't involve a mutation in a sex cell (which is necessary to spread this trait in a population). I certainly hope people won't argue ape feet is a novel trait, or else aberrations such as 6 fingers and toes, cojoined twins and the hairiest man in the world would be termed novel.

How do you want me to start to reply to this pseudo-scientific babble?
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 01, 2013
*Kails*:

no! undecided
where you get that from?

someone's been watching king kong and mighty joe young movies i see. undecided undecided

lol....stop lying....I've seen that booty and it aint for normal men....just saying.

1 Like

Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 01, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I think this suffers from a post hoc fallacy like typical evidences for common ancestry. Point to an observed fact and say it means common descent occurred. Common descent suffers from the fact that in species that have been strongly bred for a particular trait, or which have undergone mutations there is a limit to the species (a fuzzy concept) barrier. Consider that bacteria, fruit flies, dogs have either bred for specific traits (dogs) or undergone lots of mutations (fruit flies) or supposedly been around for billions of years (cyano bacteria) and yet remain largely the same.

who said that this is proof of common ancestry?
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol....stop lying....I've seen that booty and it aint for normal men....just saying.

grin grin grin embarassed embarassedembarassed

geeeze!!
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

who said that this is proof of common ancestry?

be honest bro.
was that not what you were implying when you asked "So, what explains this phenomena? Evolution or bible creationism"

and we all know you are pro-evolution. tongue

Uyi Iredia:

gbam. all of the other animals and life forms have mutated to larger or smaller versions of themselves...yet we have evolved into a completely different species. grin grin

#foolery100 tongue

1 Like

Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Emusan(m): 1:29pm On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

see this one.....that was the title of the article and was explained further in the full article

lazy bones....read the full article

I didn't read the full story before, but thank God I did it now.

See the conclusion of the research the same report!

Tracy Kivell, a palaeoanthropologist from the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, said: "The research has implications for how we interpret the fossil record and the evolution of these features.
"It's good to understand the normal variation among humans before we go figure out what it means in the fossil record," Dr Kivell told BBC News

if God will expose things this is how it will be. Like I said early if you really understand the research statement you won't create this thread. Then why are you claiming what is not true.

Base on your thread titled "library for atheist" it truly means atheism is disbelief in God with personal hatered not because there's evidence.

How I wish all atheist can learn from this.
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 01, 2013
*Kails*:

be honest bro.
was that not what you were implying when you asked "So, what explains this phenomena? Evolution or bible creationism"

gbam. all of the other animals and life forms have mutated to larger or smaller versions of themselves...yet we have evolved into a completely different species. grin grin

#foolery100 tongue

What?

Yes, I accept evolution.

All I did was to ask which explains the findings better, evolution or creationism?
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Emusan(m): 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2013
*Kails*:

grin grin grin embarassed embarassedembarassed

geeeze!!

Please don't argue with them any more 'logicboy03 has exposed the secret of atheist.

See my post above
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2013
Emusan:

I didn't read the full story before, but thank God I did it now.

See the conclusion of the research the same report!

Tracy Kivell, a palaeoanthropologist from the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, said: "The research has implications for how we interpret the fossil record and the evolution of these features.
"It's good to understand the normal variation among humans before we go figure out what it means in the fossil record," Dr Kivell told BBC News

if God will expose things this is how it will be. Like I said early if you really understand the research statement you won't create this thread. Then why are you claiming what is not true.

Base on your thread titled "library for atheist" it truly means atheism is disbelief in God with personal hatered not because there's evidence.

How I wish all atheist can learn from this.

I give up.

1 Like

Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Emusan(m): 1:37pm On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

I give up.

Don't give up my dear, just go on your knees and ask for forgiveness from God and He will surely forgive you.

1 Like

Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

I give up.

Emusan:

Don't give up my dear, just go on your knees and ask for forgiveness from God and He will surely forgive you.

lwkmd! grin
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

What?

Yes, I accept evolution.

All I did was to ask which explains the findings better, evolution or creationism?

Ehen. wink

you already know my answer to that question. cheesy

Emusan:

Please don't argue with them any more 'logicboy03 has exposed the secret of atheist.

See my post above

i am not trying to be funny dear...but what secret?
we all know they have issues. grin that cat has been let out of the hat long ago. grin grin

i think logic is more agnostic than outright athiest. and he knows it too. wink
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 01, 2013
Emusan:

Forgive me for what? Using my brain is now a sin?
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

grin grin

good question.
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Emusan(m): 1:53pm On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

Let me ask you this, do you believe sin do exist?

Using your brain is not a sin.
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 01, 2013
Emusan:

Let me ask you this, do you believe sin do exist?

Using your brain is not a sin.

I dont believe in sin smiley
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by Emusan(m): 2:09pm On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

I dont believe in sin smiley

Alright.

God will help us!
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by UyiIredia(m): 2:22pm On Jun 01, 2013
*Kails*:

be honest bro.

Indeed. I think it's a rhetoric question. We know what the answer would be.

*Kails*:

#foolery100 tongue

Indeed.
Re: One In 13 People Have Ape-like Feet by UyiIredia(m): 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2013
*Kails*:

i think logic is more agnostic than outright athiest. and he knows it too. wink

Nah ! He atheist.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Looking For A Born Again Christian Husband / Man Set To Marry A Goat In Brazil… / Jesus Was Born In October’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.