Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders (7979 Views)

Saudi Arabia Has To Be The Most dumbest Nation On Earth / Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office / The Dumbest/not So Smart Statements Of Our Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by OracleHex(m): 9:30pm On Jun 01, 2013
Nigeria! a country so blessed with retards and jokers as
leaders ....here are some of the dumbest quotes of our leaders

(1)..."we want to thank the president for bringing facebook to
Nigeria" ...information minister Labaran Maku.
(2).."you press men, you always say there are no minerals in
kano ..we
have coca cola, fanta, mirinda and the newly invented
sprite"...Bakin Zuwo.
(3)..."foreign investors should ignore Boko Haram and invest in
Nigeria"...GEj
(4)..." I will water your school and fire your school"..Orji Uzoh
kalu
(5) "Nigerians dont panic, terrorist attack is everywhere ..maybe
is our turn"...GEJ
(6).."I will rather kill myself than commit sucide"..Dame Jonathan
(7)..."I founded this school for the masses and the school fees is
850,000 naira"...Atiku Abubakar
(cool.."until I see someone eating from the gutters before I wil
believe there is poverty in Nigeria"...sen David Mark.
(9)..."GSM is not meant for the poor"..David Mark
(10)..."the worth of a child born and breed in Nigeria cannot be
compared to that in the united states"...Yakubu Gowon
(11).."school is not meant for the poor, only for the rich"..Ikedi
Ohakim
(12).."at 50, britain is still battling with King Arthur and the
knights of the round table so Nigeria is not doing too
badly"..Diezeani Madueke.
(13).."Even Jesus Christ cannot conduct a free and fair election
in Nigeria"...Obj
(14)..."the corp members where destined to die, nobody can run
away from destiny"..mallam isa yaguda, gov bauchi state.
(16).."on behalf of 20 million naira, I donate my family"..
Dame jonathan.
(17).."we, the pdp did not win this election, I have gone to church
to confess, I gave them money and they called the result"...chris
Uba
(18).."I want to commend the doctors and nurses for responding
to treatment"...Dame Jonathan
(19)..."I can see camera people, are they going to televise us
alive?" Dame Jonathan
(20).."it is a dividend of democracy that my administration
brought Mr Biggs in Owerri"...Achike Udenwa
(21)..."the united state has a lot to learn from us when it comes
to election, they need to learn how to conduct a presidential
election in a day"..Maurice Iwu
(22)..." job security is for instance when you are performing on
stage and mopol guiding you"..GEJ to Dbanj..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by Tolexander: 9:37pm On Jun 01, 2013
OMG

how come Jonathan family no dey carry last for this kind things!

What about 'though ojukwu is dead but his manhood still lives on'- Madam Patience

let us continue to pray so that those responsible for the independent day bombing should confess!
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 01, 2013
are these quotes real?
jisos!!!.....no wonder the country is like this......even labran maku
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by naptu2: 10:18pm On Jun 01, 2013
Patricia Etteh's English.

1) On the day the National Assembly was inaugurated, Mrs Etteh reminded House of Representatives members of the need to register their names, warning that any person who failed to do so would have their name “striking out”. Slip of tongue? Perish the thought. The following day she repeated the phrase “striking out” several times.

2) When a motion was tabled, she asked the member who was speaking, “are you in support of favour?”

3) Any time the ayes have carried the day on the floor, she wastes no time in announcing, “the hayes has it”.

4) Giving her defence before the David Idoko panel, Etteh informed the nation that she spoke to the management of the national assembly if due process was followed and each person “answered in the affirmation action”.

5) When the German ambassador in Abuja visited her, the speaker enthusiastically announced that the first place “I visited as a young parliamentarian was a German”

6) When the Spanish ambassador paid her a courtesy visit with a fairly large delegation, an impressed Etteh spared no effort to “welcome the strangers”.

7) When officials of FERMA visited the House, speaker Etteh urged them to urgently “make our roads habitable”.

cool To demonstrate the urgency of fixing major roads nationwide, she did not fail to make the point of the “deploration state of our roads”

9) When a House member tabled a motion on the unenviable condition of Kaduna Airport, Etteh called attention to the “two run-aways of our airport”.

10) Concerned about the increasing wave of vices, such as occultism on university campuses, excessive drinking, smoking and womanising by our youth, she has set for herself the task of reducing, if not, eradicating these social vices, which she colourfully calls “social devices”.

11) In far-away South Africa, at a meeting of the African Parliamentary Union, speaker Etteh stated that Nigeria has vast land where agriculture could thrive so much, that it could serve as an alternative source of foreign exchange, or in her own words, “Nigeria has fast land where agriculture is alternate”

12) To Etteh, the comity of nations can sometimes be referred to as “international countries”.

13) The office of the speaker has regained its aura as, not just an exalted place, but an “exotic office”.

14) The House has become respected as “a hollow chamber”, rather than just a hallowed chamber.

Gaffes by other Nigerian politicians in the past.

1) Chief (Alhaji) Adegoke Adelabu: Penkelemes (Peculiar mess)

2) First Republic minister was asked a question in New York on his stand on a controversial international issue and feeling that the Nigerian government had an open mind on this matter, he replied, “I have an empty mind as far as this issue is concerned”.

3) Anambra moneybag politician, Okechukwu Odunze, who contested the SDP primaries for the post of Governor of Anambra state boasted that, “if Arthur Nzeribe has money, I also has money”. When a reporter asked for his view on a hot national issue, he replied “no commentary”.

4) Alhaji Barkin Zuwo, who stated that Kano “has surplus minerals like Fanta, Coca cola, Sprite, Mirinda and even Tango” while voting for massive use of derivation as a means of sharing national revenue, whereas Kano state, which he was representing in the senate, did not produce mineral resources. Legend has it that Barkin Zuwo once saw a number of car marts and concluded they all belonged to one person known as Saleh, because they all had the inscription, “for sale”.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by Wendyslim(f): 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2013
OracleHex:
Nigeria! a country so blessed with retards and jokers as
leaders ....here are some of the dumbest quotes of our leaders

(1)..."we want to thank the president for bringing facebook to
Nigeria" ...information minister Labaran Maku.
(2).."you press men, you always say there are no minerals in
kano ..we
have coca cola, fanta, mirinda and the newly invented
sprite"...Bakin Zuwo.
(3)..."foreign investors should ignore Boko Haram and invest in
Nigeria"...GEj. Nice one. Kip it up grin
shocked shocked shocked shocked
(4)..." I will water your school and fire your school"..Orji Uzoh
kalu
(5) "Nigerians dont panic, terrorist attack is everywhere ..maybe
is our turn"...GEJ
(6).."I will rather kill myself than commit sucide"..Dame Jonathan
(7)..."I founded this school for the masses and the school fees is
850,000 naira"...Atiku Abubakar
(cool.."until I see someone eating from the gutters before I wil
believe there is poverty in Nigeria"...sen David Mark.
(9)..."GSM is not meant for the poor"..David Mark
(10)..."the worth of a child born and breed in Nigeria cannot be
compared to that in the united states"...Yakubu Gowon
(11).."school is not meant for the poor, only for the rich"..Ikedi
Ohakim
(12).."at 50, britain is still battling with King Arthur and the
knights of the round table so Nigeria is not doing too
badly"..Diezeani Madueke.
(13).."Even Jesus Christ cannot conduct a free and fair election
in Nigeria"...Obj
(14)..."the corp members where destined to die, nobody can run
away from destiny"..mallam isa yaguda, gov bauchi state.
(16).."on behalf of 20 million naira, I donate my family"..
Dame jonathan.
(17).."we, the pdp did not win this election, I have gone to church
to confess, I gave them money and they called the result"...chris
Uba
(18).."I want to commend the doctors and nurses for responding
to treatment"...Dame Jonathan
(19)..."I can see camera people, are they going to televise us
alive?" Dame Jonathan
(20).."it is a dividend of democracy that my administration
brought Mr Biggs in Owerri"...Achike Udenwa
(21)..."the united state has a lot to learn from us when it comes
to election, they need to learn how to conduct a presidential
election in a day"..Maurice Iwu
(22)..." job security is for instance when you are performing on
stage and mopol guiding you"..GEJ to Dbanj..
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by Wendyslim(f): 10:21pm On Jun 01, 2013
U try cool
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by nedu2000(m): 10:26pm On Jun 01, 2013
Winston churchill chei!!!
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:36pm On Jun 01, 2013
One thing I noticed about most Nigerians is their thirst for big gramma,even when they aren't confident. Sometimes its good to keep it simple and clean. Moreso,I have never heard a Ghanian politician commit a grammatical blunder. Our education system is in the gutters. Smh. Very embarassing.

1 Like

Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by EkoAtlantic: 10:53pm On Jun 01, 2013
[size=20pt](6).."I will rather kill myself than commit sucide"..Dame Jonathan
(16).."on behalf of 20 million naira, I donate my family"..Dame jonathan.
(18).."I want to commend the doctors and nurses for responding to treatment"...Dame Jonathan
(19)..."I can see camera people, are they going to televise us alive?" Dame Jonathan[/size]

LWTMB..

1 Like

Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by vanbonattel: 11:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
"I can win this election and rule Nigeria without Igbos" MKO Abiola.
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 01, 2013
"Boko Haram is my family.... They are my brothers"--- GEJ
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by Leopantro: 11:41pm On Jun 01, 2013
"foreign investors should
ignore Boko Haram and invest
in
Nigeria"

LOL
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by erniok(m): 11:50pm On Jun 01, 2013
I don laff tire. Did you guys make these up or were they really said.
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 01, 2013
@ OP you are a fat liar! The quote you attributed to Orji Uzor Kalu was never made by him(OuK) it was already in the old dramas and movies of late 80's. I don't know how old you are but, you need to reduce the number of lies/false stories you are spreading.
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by Pdizzle(m): 12:03am On Jun 02, 2013
damn...
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by Krasid(m): 12:06am On Jun 02, 2013
The jonathans(GEJ,patience),i see you.Always keeping the ministry going.grin
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by ifihearam: 12:11am On Jun 02, 2013
USELESS OP

LIES LIES LIES

ESPECIALLY THOSE OF THE PRESIDENT AND THE FIRST LADY......ALL LIES
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by lacasa: 12:21am On Jun 02, 2013
No wonder Nigeria is like dis grin
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by Leopantro: 12:26am On Jun 02, 2013
ifihearam: USELESS OP

LIES LIES LIES

ESPECIALLY THOSE OF THE PRESIDENT AND THE FIRST LADY......ALL LIES

I don't know about everything but the following I can remember reading them in the newspapers
Number 1,2,5,6,9,11,14 & 20

So they are not all lies. Maybe one or two

Number 14 I can't forget. My sister was serving in bauchi state when the crisis happened. She ran away and left all her things there when they started killing her friends. The next week the governor made that statement. Can never forget it
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by chymystique(f): 12:47am On Jun 02, 2013
naptu2: Patricia Etteh's English.

1) On the day the National Assembly was inaugurated, Mrs Etteh reminded House of Representatives members of the need to register their names, warning that any person who failed to do so would have their name “striking out”. Slip of tongue? Perish the thought. The following day she repeated the phrase “striking out” several times.

2) When a motion was tabled, she asked the member who was speaking, “are you in support of favour?”

3) Any time the ayes have carried the day on the floor, she wastes no time in announcing, “the hayes has it”.

4) Giving her defence before the David Idoko panel, Etteh informed the nation that she spoke to the management of the national assembly if due process was followed and each person “answered in the affirmation action”.

5) When the German ambassador in Abuja visited her, the speaker enthusiastically announced that the first place “I visited as a young parliamentarian was a German”

6) When the Spanish ambassador paid her a courtesy visit with a fairly large delegation, an impressed Etteh spared no effort to “welcome the strangers”.

7) When officials of FERMA visited the House, speaker Etteh urged them to urgently “make our roads habitable”.

cool To demonstrate the urgency of fixing major roads nationwide, she did not fail to make the point of the “deploration state of our roads”

9) When a House member tabled a motion on the unenviable condition of Kaduna Airport, Etteh called attention to the “two run-aways of our airport”.

10) Concerned about the increasing wave of vices, such as occultism on university campuses, excessive drinking, smoking and womanising by our youth, she has set for herself the task of reducing, if not, eradicating these social vices, which she colourfully calls “social devices”.

11) In far-away South Africa, at a meeting of the African Parliamentary Union, speaker Etteh stated that Nigeria has vast land where agriculture could thrive so much, that it could serve as an alternative source of foreign exchange, or in her own words, “Nigeria has fast land where agriculture is alternate”

12) To Etteh, the comity of nations can sometimes be referred to as “international countries”.

13) The office of the speaker has regained its aura as, not just an exalted place, but an “exotic office”.

14) The House has become respected as “a hollow chamber”, rather than just a hallowed chamber.

Gaffes by other Nigerian politicians in the past.

1) Chief (Alhaji) Adegoke Adelabu: Penkelemes (Peculiar mess)

2) First Republic minister was asked a question in New York on his stand on a controversial international issue and feeling that the Nigerian government had an open mind on this matter, he replied, “I have an empty mind as far as this issue is concerned”.

3) Anambra moneybag politician, Okechukwu Odunze, who contested the SDP primaries for the post of Governor of Anambra state boasted that, “if Arthur Nzeribe has money, I also has money”. When a reporter asked for his view on a hot national issue, he replied “no commentary”.

4) Alhaji Barkin Zuwo, who stated that Kano “has surplus minerals like Fanta, Coca cola, Sprite, Mirinda and even Tango” while voting for massive use of derivation as a means of sharing national revenue, whereas Kano state, which he was representing in the senate, did not produce mineral resources. Legend has it that Barkin Zuwo once saw a number of car marts and concluded they all belonged to one person known as Saleh, because they all had the inscription, “for sale”.

This one got me all cracked up!! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by Gudiza(m): 12:48am On Jun 02, 2013
you forgot to add 'My fellow widows........' by our amiable first lady.
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by RickyRoss1(m): 1:13am On Jun 02, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli: One thing I noticed about most Nigerians is their thirst for big gramma,even when they aren't confident. Sometimes its good to keep it simple and clean. Moreso,I have never heard a Ghanian politician commit a grammatical blunder. Our education system is in the gutters. Smh. Very embarassing.

Bro, there are dullards everywhere, you just need to travel and see. Even smart/intelligent people can make grammatical errors sometimes. Take for instance, Atta Mills former president of Ghana.

The late Ghanaian president Atta Mills was a professor but he made series of grammatical blunders than any other Ghanaian president. Kindly consult Google/YouTube ASAP and stop washing your dirty linen in public.

1 Like

Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by yuzedo: 2:13am On Jun 02, 2013
grin
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by gunuvi(m): 4:19am On Jun 02, 2013
How can u all forget the quote from our celebrity commandant..
Oga on the top!!!

Ww.nscdc. Daz all.
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by naptu2: 5:45am On Jun 02, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli: One thing I noticed about most Nigerians is their thirst for big gramma,even when they aren't confident. Sometimes its good to keep it simple and clean. Moreso,I have never heard a Ghanian politician commit a grammatical blunder. Our education system is in the gutters. Smh. Very embarassing.

President John Atta Mills of Ghana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irw3pT3S9cs
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by kunlekunle: 7:01am On Jun 02, 2013
Adegoke Adelabu only stated that the situation was a peculiar mess,
the ibadan audience termed it penkelemesi 9how it sounded in there hears)
that eventually became his nick name.
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by Blueboy0402: 7:45am On Jun 02, 2013
"God is a democrat, does not support rigging but if you rig and succeed, that means God approves of it" - Jonah Jang
Jonah Jang governor of Plateau state commenting on the result of Nigeria Governors Forum election which he won.
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by kedukc(m): 7:59am On Jun 02, 2013

stop feeling so inferior, check dis video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM3iqp9UbBQ
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by Ademab(m): 8:03am On Jun 02, 2013
And this recent one by the faction NGF chairman. Jonah jang (the gangster) God is not in support of rigging but if anyone rigs and succeed it means he is supported by God.

1 Like

Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by gulfer: 8:29am On Jun 02, 2013
IMO, PEJ is not an elected officer and so should not feature here. Her gaffee should not be considered national issues/comments, they were made in her capacity as a 1st lady and not an elected office.
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by naptu2: 8:42am On Jun 02, 2013
Number 9 was actually said in the 1980s, when David Mark was Minister of Communications. He said "telephones are not for the poor".
Re: 22 Dumbest Quotes From Our Leaders by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 02, 2013
though Ojukwu is gone, his man-hood lives forever..Dame Goodluck.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revealed!!! Dirty Facts About Fomer VP Atiku Abubakar / IPOB: Federal Government Girls' College Umuahia Refuses To Sing National Anthem / BREAKING: APC Leading In 12 States, Labour Party 4 (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.