Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors (11234 Views)

No More Automatic Tickets For Governors, Senators, Reps – PDP / 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members / APC Promises Automatic Tickets And Structure To Defecting PDP Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by jimino(m): 10:46pm On Jun 01, 2013
FORMER Vice President Atiku Abubakar has again rejected plans by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to tamper with the party’s constitution, with a view to granting automatic tickets to elected officers, particularly the president and governors.

In a statement, signed by the Atiku Media Office, Saturday, the former Vice President said he would challenge any procedure, either “consensus arrangement” or “adoption” that is contrary to transparent elections to produce candidates for all elective offices, including the presidency.

Atiku was responding to another kite being flown by Chief Tony Anenih, chairman of the PDP Board of Trustees, who has advocated that the party should give an automatic ticket to President Jonathan in 2015.

The former Vice President recalled that he was repeatedly in courts to challenge this undemocratic arrangement and that the courts ruled that the policy is alien to the PDP and Nigerian constitutions.

Atiku said the principle on which he opposed this unjust policy, which he describes as a “travesty of democracy”, has not changed since then.

“My position remains that as far as PDP constitution is concerned, any attempt to change the party’s rule to favour the president as a sole candidate, in the event of his willingness to re-contest, is unconstitutional. The contest should be open to all that desire to pursue an ambition on the platform of the PDP,” Atiku said.

While acknowledging that President Jonathan is entitled to seek the party’s ticket in 2015, the former Vice President, however, insisted that Jonathan should submit himself to a transparent and fair process, just like any other party member.

He argued that by foreclosing free and fair process of selecting its presidential candidate, the PDP might be sending the wrong message to Nigerians about its commitment to conduct free and fair elections for the entire country.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=123423:atiku-rejects-automatic-tickets-for-president-governors-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

1 Like

Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by jimino(m): 10:51pm On Jun 01, 2013
Nigeria politicians with der dirty politics. Wen wil dey put d mass 1st b4 der personal gain?

Nigerians, we hv 2 fight 4 our ri8
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by gramci: 11:01pm On Jun 01, 2013
See this clown grin he failed to get the ticket last time, he will fail again cheesy. Beside he should ask Tinubu for ACN ticket since they both formed the party. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by Opey4luv(m): 11:22am On Jun 02, 2013
Politicians and their games.
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by chaloner(m): 11:24am On Jun 02, 2013
The ruling Peoples Democratic Party may skip conducting primaries for all elective positions and instead endorse the president and governors seeking re-election in the 2015 elections.

The chairman of the party’s Board of Trustees (BoT), Chief Tony Anenih, hinted at this when he spoke on Thursday night at the ’PDP Family Dinner’ held at the Banquet Hall of the State House, Abuja.

The Arewa Consultative Forum has opposed this idea saying it would amount to a mockery of democracy if the primaries are not conducted.

Should PDP skip the primaries? Does this compromise our democracy?

Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by alphaconde(m): 11:25am On Jun 02, 2013
And I reject Atiku

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by Ibiyade(m): 11:27am On Jun 02, 2013
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by charcoalblaq(m): 11:37am On Jun 02, 2013
Failing over and over and over again must be tiring.

Its okay Atiku, its okay to say no.
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by megacity: 11:37am On Jun 02, 2013
Atiku is not a position to reject anything!

Nigerian democracy is patterned after that of the US & there incumbent presidents get automatic tickets of their parties

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by justsayemma(m): 11:47am On Jun 02, 2013
gramci: See this clown grin he failed to get the ticket last time, he will fail again cheesy. Beside he should ask Tinubu for ACN ticket since they both formed the party. tongue

Go thro d article again,n read ur post,have u said any sensible thing?
There's nothing wrong in what Atiku has said,this ur comment is a clear
Evidence dat u lack education and wisdom.

If u have done well,the only way you can prove it is by going to free n fair poll
2 test ur popularity,not this priitive kinda politics,they are trying 2 com up wit
And some people see nothing wrong in dis,yet they criticize Tinubu,of running a 1 man party.

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by gramci: 11:58am On Jun 02, 2013
justsayemma:

Go thro d article again,n read ur post,have u said any sensible thing?
There's nothing wrong in what Atiku has said,this ur comment is a clear
Evidence dat u lack education and wisdom.

If u have done well,the only way you can prove it is by going to free n fair poll
2 test ur popularity,not this priitive kinda politics,they are trying 2 com up wit
And some people see nothing wrong in dis,yet they criticize Tinubu,of running a 1 man party.

This your hypocrisy won't help you. Is buhari not APC's 2015 presidential candidate by default. President GEJ won Atiku and Buhari in a globally acclaimed free and fair election and he will do it again in 2015.

Was Atiku not among the founding fathers of ACN, what's stop Tinubu from giving him ticket. He won't do that because its an exclusive preserve of Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by speeder(m): 12:03pm On Jun 02, 2013
I thought the man knew politics. little did i know.

click like if u think no righteousness in politics.
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by dangali: 12:08pm On Jun 02, 2013
Atiku do you believed that God can answer poor man's prayer now?
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by justsayemma(m): 12:08pm On Jun 02, 2013
gramci:

This your hypocrisy won't help you. Is buhari not APC's 2015 presidential candidate by default. President GEJ won Atiku and Buhari in a globally acclaimed free and fair election and he will do it again in 2015.

Was Atiku not among the founding fathers of ACN, what's stop Tinubu from giving him ticket. He won't do that because its an exclusive preserve of Buhari.
gramci:

gramci:

U r still confirming what I said earlier, do both parties run on dsame constitution? Have u seen Apc's constitution? Atiku made his comment based on Pdp's constitution not Apc's. M not against Gej 2015 ambition,but let due process be followed.

8 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by justsayemma(m): 12:10pm On Jun 02, 2013
gramci:

gramci:

gramci:

U r still confirming what I said earlier, do both parties run on dsame constitution? Have u seen Apc's constitution? Atiku made his comment based on Pdp's constitution not Apc's. M not against Gej 2015 ambition,but let due process be followed.
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by spacechuks(m): 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2013
They are all fighting to win election whereas non is fighter to better this country,God will save us from all these selfish politicians,let Atiku go do something better with his life and his state,let truth be told,in what way has atiku better the lifes of Nigerian when he was custom boss and vice president,he is a failure and has nothing to offer Nigerians.its high time we start seeing young minds and ideas in the corridors of powers not all this old clueless fools we have in this country still clamouring for power;that's my summission
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by awodman: 12:19pm On Jun 02, 2013
In USA there is sometin called RIGHT-OF-FIRST-REFUSAL for incumbents..Obama didn't do Primaries...

1 Like

Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by justsayemma(m): 12:24pm On Jun 02, 2013
Pls my fellow country men let's b wise,let's learn hw 2 vote base on performance n potentials, enuf of this ethnic gimmicks,our politicians use in deceiving us,while in reality they meet in Abj n cheer n laff @ us. I am from Niger Delta,n d truth is dat development there is so backward,n they come up 2 tel u how d Northerners r cheating us,but what do they do with d money available to them? that's y I wil always envy Lagos state,Lagos is far developed than the whole ND put 2geda,yet Lagos is developing.

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by gramci: 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2013
awodman: In USA there is sometin called RIGHT-OF-FIRST-REFUSAL for incumbents..Obama didn't do Primaries...

They won't see this.
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by EagleNest(m): 1:03pm On Jun 02, 2013
All these GEJ boys, pls allow others to post sensible comments. Sometimes I wonder why u guys are like this. Your masters interest above all. I don't know why GEJ is so afraid of competition. Let me leave it to PDP, next thing now they'll say it's family affair.
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 02, 2013
Atiku or whatever he is should just steer clear from this election. We don't need past leaders who have ruined the progress of this nation in the coming presidential election. We have had enough of their oppressive ruling! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 02, 2013
PDP, as a party, can adopt any formulae they like in chosing their presidential and governorship flag bearers. I don't care because i'm not a member but mr. Atiku Abubakar cares because he's a member.

All i know is that i made a mistake in 2011 and by God's grace, i will correct that mistake in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by bknight: 1:34pm On Jun 02, 2013
Does 'Mr Fix It' really fix things or scatter them?
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by condralbede(m): 1:35pm On Jun 02, 2013
alpha conde: And I reject Atiku
seconded
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:55pm On Jun 02, 2013
Atiku's political life lld v progressed if he had sticked with ACN.
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:04pm On Jun 02, 2013
I am sure it won't be a sin not to biliv this story? Who ever rejects a clean ticket to the presidency? Not even in PDP!!
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by sweetnigga(m): 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2013
justsayemma:

when have u seen due process followed in nigeria politics ?
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 02, 2013
Bla bla bla bla bla. Atiku is a PDP member and he has the right to express himself kids. Obviously many people here are kids. According to the PDP constitution, there has to be primaries. If Gej is really willing to go again 2015,he shouldn't be scared to test his popularity against other candidates. Ordinarily, he should go un-opposed if it were U.S, but this is nigeria and PDP. Whether Tambuwal or Amaechi, or Lamido or Buhari or Okorocha or Jonathan or Fashola,all we should do is support people based on performance not via bias measures, but u people stink. You prefer to vote an incompetent individual just cos he's an igbo,yoruba,hausa . . . . . . . Ethnic bigots. When are u going to learn that other nations are leaving u behind when u fight each other? SMH to Educated bunch of Illiterates
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by bibiazim1: 2:19pm On Jun 02, 2013
Why don't they just skip the whole election process and declare joe president, after all what is the importance of democratic processes in a democratic government, right?
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by bheemz(f): 2:32pm On Jun 02, 2013
Finally u(Atiku) ve bcom a man*hahaha*PDP wit their politricks again, habah una still wan embarrase d man again!lmao
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by marex: 2:34pm On Jun 02, 2013
I reject Atiku! But NO automatic ticket for El-retardeen Jonathan cool
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 02, 2013
awodman: In USA there is sometin called RIGHT-OF-FIRST-REFUSAL for incumbents..Obama didn't do Primaries...

I reject this assertion ROFR only applies in property and financial transactions, check it up

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army Scraps Operation Pulo Shield In Niger Delta / Dasukigate: Buhari’s Close Friend, Jafaru Isa Returns N170m / Bishop Sam Zuga Wins NPC Governorship Primaries In Benue (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.