Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,843 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors (11236 Views)

No More Automatic Tickets For Governors, Senators, Reps – PDP / 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members / APC Promises Automatic Tickets And Structure To Defecting PDP Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by dplomaticVal: 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2013
awodman: In USA there is sometin called RIGHT-OF-FIRST-REFUSAL for incumbents..Obama didn't do Primaries...
it
doesn't
justify
d forceful
nomination
of a candidate
on d electorates.
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 02, 2013
Primaries is NOT compulsory. If PDP has a consensus candidate, then there is NOTHING any party to can do, it is well within the ambient of the PDP By-Laws. so GEJ will have automatic ticket, just like Obama had automatic ticket and Atiku can decamp to another party as always.
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by fkaz(m): 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2013
Atiku is a spoiler, he manover northern elders forum to nominate him as the consensus candidate from the north, in 2011 against the likes of IBB to contest primary.
He can as well remain a spoiler in PDP for jona ambition come 2015.
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by awodman: 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2013
TheRealYemi:

I reject this assertion ROFR only applies in property and financial transactions, check it up

Check this out...

"The right of first refusal is to allow a serving president and governors the opportunity to become the candidates of their party during elections without a primary election, as it is the situation in the United States of America, from where Nigeria copied the presidential system of government it is practising."

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/2015-primaries-pdp-considers-right-of-first-refusal-for-jonathan-govs/139128/
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by dinggle: 4:16pm On Jun 02, 2013
A man who is afraid of his party's election will certainly not win a free election. GEJ knows he will not come out as PDP candidate if the primary election is allowed to hold. If GEJ had done well he would win an election as an independent candidate. He can no longer bank on the masses he failed to rescue him, he needs the political cabals to grant him the ticket.
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by Edenitis(m): 4:43pm On Jun 02, 2013
In the interest of good governance withouit distraction, the president, governors and Local Government chairmen should have automatic tickets once their parties agree that they have performed wellduring their first term.
The incumbents will therefore exert themselves to give priority to development and good governance during their first term and then work to leave a legacy during their second term.
Ethnic or regional politics is retrogressive. We have enough evidence in our miserable history as a nation for us to have discarded it long ago.
O God, give us a peaceful, united and prosperous Nigeria with patriotic and wise leaders. Amen
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 02, 2013
Little by little, it is increasingly becoming known that there will be No Primaries, this is legitimate and constitutional as practiced in Almighty America...political morons and neophytes are now peeing in their pants.

Time for GEJ to sleep peacefully and deliver on the mandates, THERE WILL BE NO PRIMARIES.

I DEY LAUGH OH

[size=18pt]FRESH AIR![/size]
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 02, 2013
awodman:

Check this out...

"The right of first refusal is to allow a serving president and governors the opportunity to become the candidates of their party during elections without a primary election, as it is the situation in the United States of America, from where Nigeria copied the presidential system of government it is practising."

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/2015-primaries-pdp-considers-right-of-first-refusal-for-jonathan-govs/139128/

I wonder where the writer got the impression that Obama didnt go through the primaries last year this is complete fallacy check this up... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries,_2012

1 Like

Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by VoodooDoll(m): 6:16pm On Jun 02, 2013
TheRealYemi:

I wonder where the writer got the impression that Obama didnt go through the primaries last year this is complete fallacy check this up... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries,_2012

Thank you oh!

Obama did primaries, and party members had the right to challenge and primary him but chose not to.
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by PastorOla1: 6:47pm On Jun 02, 2013
TESTING, TESTING, TESTING THE GROUND TO DISCOVER THE ENEMIES OF GEJ 2015. WE ARE WAITING O!!!
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by PastorOla1: 6:59pm On Jun 02, 2013
I pittyAtiku
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by Delafruita(m): 7:26pm On Jun 02, 2013
megacity: Atiku is not a position to reject anything!

Nigerian democracy is patterned after that of the US & there incumbent presidents get automatic tickets of their parties
in which US do incumbents get automatic ticket?teddy kennedy challenger carter for the democratic nomination in 1980 and got quite a number of states.its admittedly not common but there's no rule against it
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by Delafruita(m): 7:27pm On Jun 02, 2013
Billyonaire: Little by little, it is increasingly becoming known that there will be No Primaries, this is legitimate and constitutional as practiced in Almighty America...political morons and neophytes are now peeing in their pants.

Time for GEJ to sleep peacefully and deliver on the mandates, THERE WILL BE NO PRIMARIES.

I DEY LAUGH OH

[size=18pt]FRESH AIR![/size]
ignoramus

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by romioray: 8:29pm On Jun 02, 2013
The way some elite in the PDP go about the business of their party and the nation suggests that PDP is the only party in Nigeria. They as well me '' whether we(PDP) are better or not, whether the masses like us or not we care less and we don't regard any other political party.'' They as well mean ''All you need to occupy any political office is to grap the PDP ticket, 'struggle for it! That is all you need!'' Hence they kick against automatic second term ticket for Jonathan.

I want to state crystal clear here that those kicking against automatic ticket for Jonathan do not have the interest of their party PDP at will and also do not have the interest of Nigeria. But why do you want to unseat an incubent that is of the same party with you? What signal are you sending to the masses and opposition- that the incubent is not capable- that your party has failed? Do you think another flag bearer of your party will ever win election again in a strong where there is strong electorial institution?

I implore you to cast your minds to the past USA election. No doubt Obama had mixed reaction. Do you think some of his fellow democrats did not feel the can perform better than Obama? Yet they dare it not because it will affect their party negatively. Even though at some point they were afraid he might lose the election they new fielding another candidate is worse so they had to stick with him.

In my opinion the republican Mitt Romney seem to have better ideas than Obama and I believe most Americans knew it but they believe also that 4 years is not enough for Obama to bring USA back on track after the great reccession and here they gave him another 4 years to try put his ideas to work and things are getting better. Soon after the election Mitt Romney and Obama met at the white house to discuss the way forward for America. This is the spirit of politics and leadership! Nigeria should please borrow a leaf from USA politics here.

Jonathan is a very humble president and he is full of patience. He is the kind of president Nigeria need at this time. Janathan has improved generation of electricity, our aviation industry is better, we have better roads now, the economy is growing steadily, etc. But why do we most times allow the boko haram thing caused by those who swear to make the country ungovernable for Jonathan to veil our sight from seeing the good things in his administration? Now he has declared state of emergency in those areas and the military is winning the war against terrorism yet those who want him out are complaining. Please Nigerians open your eyes and awake from your slumber. Jonathan is the man for this country at this time. Say no to his detractors.
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by romioray: 8:35pm On Jun 02, 2013
The way some elite in the PDP go about the business of their party and the nation suggests that PDP is the only party in Nigeria. They as well me '' whether we(PDP) are better or not, whether the masses like us or not we care less and we don't regard any other political party.'' They as well mean ''All you need to occupy any political office is to grap the PDP ticket, 'struggle for it! That is all you need!'' Hence they kick against automatic second term ticket for Jonathan.

I want to state crystal clear here that those kicking against automatic ticket for Jonathan do not have the interest of their party PDP at will and also do not have the interest of Nigeria. But why do you want to unseat an incubent that is of the same party with you? What signal are you sending to the masses and opposition- that the incubent is not capable- that your party has failed? Do you think another flag bearer of your party will ever win election again in a strong where there is strong electorial institution?

I implore you to cast your minds to the past USA election. No doubt Obama had mixed reaction. Do you think some of his fellow democrats did not feel the can perform better than Obama? Yet they dare it not because it will affect their party negatively. Even though at some point they were afraid he might lose the election they new fielding another candidate is worse so they had to stick with him.

In my opinion the republican Mitt Romney seem to have better ideas than Obama and I believe most Americans knew it but they believe also that 4 years is not enough for Obama to bring USA back on track after the great reccession and here they gave him another 4 years to try put his ideas to work and things are getting better. Soon after the election Mitt Romney and Obama met at the white house to discuss the way forward for America. This is the spirit of politics and leadership! Nigeria should please borrow a leaf from USA politics here.

Jonathan is a very humble president and he is full of patience. He is the kind of president Nigeria need at this time. Janathan has improved generation of electricity, our aviaion industry is better, we have better roads now, the economy is growing steadily, etc. But why do we most times allow the boko haram thing caused by those who swear to make the country ungovernable for Jonathan to veil our sight from seeing the good things in his administration? Now he has declared state of emergency in those areas and the military is winning the war against terrorism yet those who want him out are complaining. Please Nigerians open your eyes and awake from your slumber. Jonathan is the man for this country at this time. Say no to his detractors.
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:50pm On Jun 02, 2013
gramci: See this clown grin he failed to get the ticket last time, he will fail again cheesy. Beside he should ask Tinubu for ACN ticket since they both formed the party. tongue
If I 4rm here sssssllllaaappp u now, internet go disappia 4rm ya fone. Why do u give urself hi bp of Tinubu?
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by kolawoleahmed(m): 9:01pm On Jun 02, 2013
awodman: In USA there is sometin called RIGHT-OF-FIRST-REFUSAL for incumbents..Obama didn't do Primaries...
Developed countries cnt b compared wif less or developing countri
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by Ark111: 9:42pm On Jun 02, 2013
The Democrats in the US had series of presidential primaries last year(2012) in which president Obama won with 3166 delegates. This is over and above the required 2778 delegates. His closest rival John Wolfe Jr had 23 delegates. Crosscheck your information before posting.US leads by example and that is democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by Smooyis(m): 9:57pm On Jun 02, 2013
Praying that the right person becomes our next president wether north or south, muslim or christian and regardless of ethnic background.
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by Ark111: 10:01pm On Jun 02, 2013
Smooyis: Praying that the right person becomes our next president wether north or south, muslim or christian and regardless of ethnic background.
Thank you my brother
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by gramci: 11:38pm On Jun 02, 2013
Michael Sokoto:
If I 4rm here sssssllllaaappp u now, internet go disappia 4rm ya fone. Why do u give urself hi bp of Tinubu?

*Ignored*
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by aurenflani: 2:58am On Jun 03, 2013
gramci: See this clown grin he failed to get the ticket last time, he will fail again cheesy. Beside he should ask Tinubu for ACN ticket since they both formed the party. tongue

Maybe you want the army to strike and take over the govt going by your undemocratic view simply because you hate atiku, you Boko haram angry
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by aurenflani: 3:02am On Jun 03, 2013
romioray: The way some elite in the PDP go about the business of their party and the nation suggests that PDP is the only party in Nigeria. They as well me '' whether we(PDP) are better or not, whether the masses like us or not we care less and we don't regard any other political party.'' They as well mean ''All you need to occupy any political office is to grap the PDP ticket, 'struggle for it! That is all you need!'' Hence they kick against automatic second term ticket for Jonathan.

Jonathan is a very humble president and he is full of patience. He is the kind of president Nigeria need at this time. Janathan has improved generation of electricity, our aviaion industry is better, we have better roads now, the economy is growing steadily, etc. But why do we most times allow the boko haram thing caused by those who swear to make the country ungovernable for Jonathan to veil our sight from seeing the good things in his administration? Now he has declared state of emergency in those areas and the military is winning the war against terrorism yet those who want him out are complaining. Please Nigerians open your eyes and awake from your slumber. Jonathan is the man for this country at this time. Say no to his detractors.

If there is take over of govt tomorrow, would you cry? Hypocrisy runs in your blood baad boy!!!!!!!!
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by Nobody: 3:32am On Jun 03, 2013
megacity: Atiku is not a position to reject anything!

Nigerian democracy is patterned after that of the US & there incumbent presidents get automatic tickets of their parties
Do yourself a favor and speak on what you know; the incumbent in the United States does not get an automatic ticket. Sen. Kennedy challenged President Carter in the Democratic primaries, as was President George Bush by Pat Buchanan in the '92 Republican Primaries.

Please stick to what you know--- Nigerian Politics where you vote according to money, tribe and religion.
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by Nobody: 3:39am On Jun 03, 2013
How do you freaking illiterates just regurgitate whatever jargon you heard another fellow I.diot tell? What has the RIght of first refusal got to do with politics? Maybe you should do urself a favor and google the term instead of coming on here thinking big English will make you seem more intelligent.
Re: Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors by BOLASB(m): 7:54am On Jun 03, 2013
Some peoples are somehow senseless and useless, what Atiku said is quitly right, there is no automatic ticket as long as democracy is concerned, saying that "Atiku should go and get ticket from tinubu" is rubbish talk, because it does not has anything to do with this, for those who has sense of reasoning. Anyway either automatic ticket or not, GEJ will lose @2015 Election, let us watch out for 2015.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How to tackle the Problem of Corruption Cankerworm In Nigeria! / The Resurgent Niger Delta Republic- Igbo Viewpoint / Amotekun Begins Recruitment In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.