Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Do I Need Certificate As A Programmer? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Do I Need Certificate As A Programmer? (1794 Views)

Teach Me How To Become A Programmer / Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? / Who Is A Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Need Certificate As A Programmer? by webcalculator(m): 7:21pm On Jun 02, 2013
please, do i have the chance of getting a job as a programmer without certificate
Re: Do I Need Certificate As A Programmer? by Otuabaroku: 8:23pm On Jun 02, 2013
Yes. You have a chance to get a job as a programmer without certificate provided you have done a couple of verifiable projects to demonstrate your skills.
Re: Do I Need Certificate As A Programmer? by talk2hb1(m): 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2013
Yes you can easily get a job without certificate, but some programming jobs required certification eg NSA, FBI, and CIA.
Re: Do I Need Certificate As A Programmer? by Kobojunkie: 8:35pm On Jun 02, 2013
talk2hb1: Yes you can easily get a job without certificate, but some programming jobs required certification eg NSA, FBI, and CIA.

Those organizations you listed only require certification mostly in cases where they are not able to accurately establish proof of your experience/record. If you have a verifiable record as a professional, and you meet the basic educational requirements, you are able to get any job out there.
Re: Do I Need Certificate As A Programmer? by talk2hb1(m): 8:45pm On Jun 02, 2013
Kobojunkie:

Those organizations you listed only require certification mostly in cases where they are not able to accurately establish proof of your experience/record. If you have a verifiable record as a professional, and you meet the basic educational requirements, you are able to get any job out there.
Just kidding wink if at all those organization want to recruit you must have some security clearance, @OP most employer do not request for your certificate all they need is/are prove to show that you are competent to work for them, in most case your portfolio.
Re: Do I Need Certificate As A Programmer? by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2013
talk2hb1:
Just kidding wink if at all those organization want to recruit you must have some security clearance, @OP most employer do not request for your certificate all they need is/are prove to show that you are competent to work for them, in most case your portfolio.

Security clearance is obtainable as long as your record is traceable. If not, I don't know what happens then.
Re: Do I Need Certificate As A Programmer? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2015
Kobojunkie:
That's interesting
Re: Do I Need Certificate As A Programmer? by Missy89(f): 1:57pm On Aug 23, 2015
Kobojunkie:

Security clearance is obtainable as long as your record is traceable. If not, I don't know what happens then.

You can still get security clearance even if your records are hard to get. You will get the LAA (LIMITED ACCESS AUTHORIZATION) it is equivalent to Secret clearance although your keystrokes will be mapped and monitored and you wont be able to access some stuffs but it is sufficient for most jobs
Re: Do I Need Certificate As A Programmer? by talk2hb1(m): 4:15pm On Sep 17, 2015
Missy89:

You can still get security clearance even if your records are hard to get. You will get the LAA (LIMITED ACCESS AUTHORIZATION) it is equivalent to Secret clearance although your keystrokes will be mapped and monitored and you wont be able to access some stuffs but it is sufficient for most jobs
I want in undecided undecided undecided
Re: Do I Need Certificate As A Programmer? by Missy89(f): 6:15pm On Sep 17, 2015
talk2hb1:
I want in undecided undecided undecided
Get a good lawyer
Re: Do I Need Certificate As A Programmer? by talk2hb1(m): 8:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
Missy89:

Get a good lawyer
Can get one, I guess.

(1) (Reply)

Angular 2 Tutorial / What Are The Major Apps I Need To Learn Python Language ? / Github Profile Finder App Using Angular 2 Featuring DHTML

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.