Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread (1396 Views)

Discussion Thread On The Best Learning Path For Beginner Fullstack Developers / What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? / BACKEND Learning Path. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by realunclej(m): 10:09am On May 23, 2022
HELLO GUYS I OPEN A NEW THREAD FOR THIS DISCUSSION ON FULLSTACK DEVELOPMENT. YOU CAN FOLLOW IT WITH THE LINK BELOW:

https://www.nairaland.com/7150801/discussion-thread-best-learning-path

Copy:

animegirl
profwriter
airsaylongcome
youngaliwa
kalu081
gnykelly
sanmtiago
lastmessenger
xinjin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by Animegirl(f): 10:24am On May 23, 2022
Nice smiley
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by Profwriter(m): 10:56am On May 23, 2022
Animegirl:
Nice smiley

How about those that want to use python for backend
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by realunclej(m): 11:16am On May 23, 2022
It doesn't matter the programming language you are using. The important thing is to get the foundation right. As it stands, I can confidently take any job for any programming language. The information I want to share will benefit you irrespective of your programming language of choice
Profwriter:

How about those that want to use python for backend
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by realunclej(m): 12:08pm On May 23, 2022
THIS SPOT IS RESERVED FOR THE FIRST DISCUSSION TOPIC
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by airsaylongcome: 12:26pm On May 23, 2022
OP, lovely diagram you have up there. Gives very good 360° view of the landscape and resonates with me as I'm diving back in to Java Programming with IntelliJ and Eclipse
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by realunclej(m): 12:41pm On May 23, 2022
Sure the diagram capture the right path to take like the recommendations from most experts. However, I feel the basic parts have been left out and I'm trying to point this out to beginners. Otherwise you'll have to learn the hard way just like I was a victim.
airsaylongcome:
OP, lovely diagram you have up there. Gives very good 360° view of the landscape and resonates with me as I'm diving back in to Java Programming with IntelliJ and Eclipse
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by youngaliwa(m): 2:31pm On May 23, 2022
Python is the best thou,
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by realunclej(m): 6:04pm On May 23, 2022
youngaliwa:
Python is the best thou,
This thread is not about what is the best programming language. It's about learning the basics that will prepare you to be one of the best in any programming language of your choice.
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by realunclej(m): 2:52am On May 24, 2022
THIS SPOT IS RESERVED FOR THE SECOND DISCUSSION TOPIC
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by realunclej(m): 11:17am On May 24, 2022
Ok guys, I'll be dropping more recommendations today. I've been busy with work and updating the videos of some of the courses.
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by kalu081(m): 2:53pm On May 24, 2022
Sir can u recommend a programming institution or a good programmer that can teach someone that is about to embark on his/her programming journey ���
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by realunclej(m): 3:05pm On May 24, 2022
THIS SPOT IS RESERVED FOR THE THIRD DISCUSSION TOPIC
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by realunclej(m): 5:14am On May 25, 2022
THIS SPOT IS RESERVED FOR THE FOURTH DISCUSSION TOPIC
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by realunclej(m): 5:33am On May 25, 2022
THIS SPOT IS RESERVED FOR THE FIFTH DISCUSSION TOPIC
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by realunclej(m): 7:17am On May 25, 2022
kalu081:
Sir can u recommend a programming institution or a good programmer that can teach someone that is about to embark on his/her programming journey ���
There are many out there but you can join our training program if you want to go from a beginner to an expert in a short time following best practices. Check my signature for details.
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by aduduj: 1:38pm On May 25, 2022
I have made payment. Will I be able to access all the courses in the website link in your signature? Also can I participate in your project in the special offer?
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by airsaylongcome: 2:23pm On May 25, 2022
@realunclej

For some reason, I like your content. I'm from the very old school of computing (compared to today's youngings) when we wrote code on Commodore 64 and saved them on cassette tapes. I will advise that you slow down the rate at which you are pumping out content for the sake of longevity. Put out one or max two new content and then drive conversations on the content. So of you introduce a new topic, encourage questions and engagement on the topic posted for a few days. One thing I found from refreshing my java skill is that the IDEs have become madt. Include some content that not only trains on the programming language of choice but also how to use the IDEs available. I said I'm from the old school and my IDE of choice used to be NetBeans. Today I find that there is IntelliJ and Eclipse alongside. Perhaps work folks through accomplishing specific tasks (like getters/setters, constructors etc). Slowly but surely I hope you'd get traction
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by realunclej(m): 2:38pm On May 25, 2022
aduduj:
I have made payment. Will I be able to access all the courses in the website link in your signature? Also can I participate in your project in the special offer?
You'll be able to access all the courses. Simply follow the instructions on the page to receive your login details.
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by realunclej(m): 2:49pm On May 25, 2022
You really nailed it. Thank you very much for the insight. This thread was supposed to be an educative and discussion thread. I have been thinking about how to pass the message across without overwhelming my audience. You just gave me a headway.

One of the reasons I opened this thread is to help educate upcoming programmers just like myself from my personal experience. Instead of focusing on the art or programming, a lot of our youths are arguing which is the best programming language. And I always say the best programming language hasn't been born.

Based on your advice, I'll restructure the content approach and expantiate on each recommendation for better engagement. Each recommendation may appear on different page so I'll refer to all of them in the lead post.

Once again thanks for your constructive advise.

airsaylongcome:
@realunclej

For some reason, I like your content. I'm from the very old school of computing (compared to today's youngings) when we wrote code on Commodore 64 and saved them on cassette tapes. I will advise that you slow down the rate at which you are pumping out content for the sake of longevity. Put out one or max two new content and then drive conversations on the content. So of you introduce a new topic, encourage questions and engagement on the topic posted for a few days. One thing I found from refreshing my java skill is that the IDEs have become madt. Include some content that not only trains on the programming language of choice but also how to use the IDEs available. I said I'm from the old school and my IDE of choice used to be NetBeans. Today I find that there is IntelliJ and Eclipse alongside. Perhaps work folks through accomplishing specific tasks (like getters/setters, constructors etc). Slowly but surely I hope you'd get traction
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by gnykelly(m): 2:58pm On May 25, 2022
So PYTHON wasn't included in your backend at all.
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by realunclej(m): 3:02pm On May 25, 2022
I will share an update on this in the lead post and tag you

gnykelly:
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by gnykelly(m): 3:02pm On May 25, 2022
I wouldn't advice anyone to follow your part... your emphasis is on JavaScript....you should let learners know in details about HTML and CSS before jumping on to JavaScript.

You sound more like a marketer than a coach.
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by realunclej(m): 3:07pm On May 25, 2022
gnykelly:
I wouldn't advice anyone to follow your part... your emphasis is on JavaScript....you should let learners know in details about HTML and CSS before jumping on to JavaScript.

I will not take up issue with you. I have told you I'll share an update on the lead post. Besides I have not mentioned any programming language or framework both for frontend and backend. I won't litter this thread picking issues with people. I'll rather use the little time I dedicated for this thread to create engaging content.

SO I'LL NOT REPLY TO ANY COMMENT ON ARGUMENT ON PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by airsaylongcome: 3:29pm On May 25, 2022
gnykelly:

Lol! For real?
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by airsaylongcome: 3:32pm On May 25, 2022
gnykelly:

There are a ton of backend languages. ASP, PHP readily come to mind. OP isn't here to promote one language over the other. He is trying to bring clarity to all of the mumbo jumbo and technical jargon thrown around which can be very confusing to a noob. The most likely important thing is to understand the concepts. Whatever underlying language is used to implement the concepts isn't that important
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by realunclej(m): 3:47pm On May 25, 2022
You are very correct sir. I'm sharing my experience because I was sold the idea of start from CSS and HTML as the basic. Then the argument of the best programming language. Like I said from my experience, I was sold a dummy. Because my first training was in Node.js, the first fullstack software I build was in React + Node. I was fortunate as I said, that software fetch me over 5 million from one client six months after I finished my training program. Today, same client is expanding the project in a deal that is more than double the initial investment. My point is because I didn't have the right foundation I lost some money to the deal and wasted enough time. I also gain a lot of experience working with top developers from different countries. I had to go back to the drawing board to learn the real basics concept of software development. Today, I see programming language just as a name. Once you are a good programmers with the right foundation, you can take on any programming language especially the OOPs.
airsaylongcome:

There are a ton of backend languages. ASP, PHP readily come to mind. OP isn't here to promote one language over the other. He is trying to bring clarity to all of the mumbo jumbo and technical jargon thrown around which can be very confusing to a noob. The most likely important thing is to understand the concepts. Whatever underlying language is used to implement the concepts isn't that important

1 Like

Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by realunclej(m): 9:47pm On May 25, 2022
I'll drop my first discussion tomorrow morning. Please stay tunned
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by sanmtiago(m): 12:33pm On May 26, 2022
OP thanks for this wonderful thread. I would like to implore you to focus on the aim of this thread because some of us find it very valuable. I’m a newbie, I delved into JavaScript 3days ago after wrapping up html and css. I was advised to follow that roadmap for a beginner, can you corroborate this ? Am I on the right part ? I’d appreciate your candid advice.
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by realunclej(m): 12:49pm On May 26, 2022
sanmtiago:
OP thanks for this wonderful thread. I would like to implore you to focus on the aim of this thread because some of us find it very valuable. I’m a newbie, I delved into JavaScript 3days ago after wrapping up html and css. I was advised to follow that roadmap for a beginner, can you corroborate this ? Am I on the right part ? I’d appreciate your candid advice.
I'm working on an improved format for this discussion an breaking it down to a level that will accommodate the top programming languages. But the emphasy will remain on FullStack. Once I finish putting the process together, I'll create a new thread and copy you.
Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by lastmessenger: 2:50pm On May 26, 2022
Great thread. I'm following your updates with fullstack attention.

1 Like

Re: The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread by Xinjin: 9:13pm On May 26, 2022
g

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Software Yet To Be Tapped? / Helo House,how Can I Bundle A Database File Into My Desktop Applicatn / C++ Vs Java: Which Is The Most Poweful For Games?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.