Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? (111641 Views)

A Nairalander's Top 20 Favourite Enya's Songs / Do You Listen To Enya's Songs And Which Is Your Favourite? / Is Enya's Music Satanic???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by Nobody: 12:57am On Jun 08, 2013
aurorae:
WHAT!
u know I'm jst gonna keep calm and pass by dis comment,on who enya is.like a multiple grammy nominee,one of d best new age singers.let me stop.I'm gonna forgive u and give u d chance to go google her,before I smoke starts to efferversce outta my ears grin

undecided

listened to her music, still never heard of her undecided undecided undecided
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by addicted268(f): 1:02am On Jun 08, 2013
jaymichael: I love Enya. people assume or presume her songs to be demonic because of the language. she sings in her native old Celtic language and Latin and a bit of English. you know Latin is the language of magic and people associate the old Celtic language with pagan rites and rituals. she terms her music to be of the genre NEW AGE (music for the purpose of inducing relaxation) but she has won more awards as a musician of WORLD MUSIC (music influenced by local cultures) many people I know that presume her music to be kind of demonic are people that enjoyed ROBIN HOOD in their school days but they don't find the programme or the sound track demonic. I do tell them do you know that Enya did that ROBIN HOOD sound track? some of my favourites include STORMS IN AFRICA, AMARANTINE, LONG LONG JOURNEY. EBUDAE, MAY IT BE, FAR AND AWAY.... I can't begin to mention all. I just love Enya.
Very true,plus she has a unique voice.I love enya especially "wild child" and "flora's secret".
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by aurorae: 1:05am On Jun 08, 2013
Red-Light:
@ op

please gimme names of some popular tracks by enya

i downloaded that 'only time' track and i must confess, it's a very lovely song

okay,I'm happy to assist d op in dis o.
adiemus, ,only if u want to,trains and winter rains,orinoco flow,carribean blue,long long journey,wild child,flora's secrets,on my way home,book of days etc one's i can rememba right nw and were among her best sellers
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by imperiouxx(m): 1:10am On Jun 08, 2013
visita: This afternoon i was listening to enya's playlist on my music player, while reading. Some friends of mine came visiting and it wasn't long after i had ushered them in before one of them recognized the voice from the music blaring from the sound system. 'Is that not enya'? he asked and i replied in the affirmative...I was surprised because the track that was playing as at that time was not a popular one like 'only time' that almost everyone is familiar with. After a while he begged me to change it because it was making him feel uncomfortable and when i asked how a song could make someone feel uncomfortable he said enya's songs are demonic and anyone who listened to it risked his/her soul being trapped by the devil. It wasn't the first time i'll be hearing it but what baffles me more is that most people who think of her song this way can't even explain what makes her song demonic, i guess its because her genre is kinda unique...or what do you guys think?

No be say dem dey craze. I have full Enya's discography joined with those I've been keeping for long.

I listen to lot of her albums till a friend one day told me the same (demonic)...... I was like you must be running high temperature.
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by aurorae: 1:10am On Jun 08, 2013
adaobi123:

undecided

then dis is what I consider an opportunity,one for u to google her out[center]
adaobi123:

undecided

then dis is what I consider an opportunity,one for u to google her out[/center]
adaobi123:

undecided

then dis is what I consider an opportunity,one for u to google her out
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by Nobody: 1:17am On Jun 08, 2013
demonic?! shocked shocked

no waaaay! Enya's music is not only relaxing but harmless. undecided
people are looking way into stuff too much nowadays. undecided

demonic..please foh with that.

1 Like

Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by mtprofessor5(m): 1:17am On Jun 08, 2013
coz of whona arguement i don pack enya songz full my fon mak i follow listen

2 Likes

Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by AbuMikey(m): 1:18am On Jun 08, 2013
adaobi123: who is enya ? undecided
Aunty,GOOGLE is Your Friend!!!
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by ezme(m): 1:20am On Jun 08, 2013
"Pilgrim" is still one of my best.

others in no particular order..

Someone said goodbye
Athair Ar Neamh
Tea house moon
Caribbean Blue
Book of days
Sweet Lullaby
China Roses
Flora's secret
Less than a pearl
It is in the rain

1 Like

Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by Nobody: 1:25am On Jun 08, 2013
Hans Zimmer and Lisa gerrard are d artist 4 "Now we are free" I dnt knw d original artist 4 Adiemus but pple think its enya just like so many think celine dion and not shaina Twain sang "from this moment"quote author=Cori_corde]Adiemus and Now We are Free (Gladiator) aren't by Enya.[/quote]
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by Akanniade(m): 1:29am On Jun 08, 2013
Play me Orinoco flow anytime any day.
...from cali to bali.....

1 Like

Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by Nobody: 1:31am On Jun 08, 2013
visita: Yeah spot on...my favourite track remains CARRIBEAN BLUE

Caribbean Blue is their best in my opinion, followed by Wild Child.

I laughed when I saw this on the homepage. Enya? Demonic? Sounds like something my aunty would say lol.
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by Akanniade(m): 1:32am On Jun 08, 2013
Nigerians fear what they do not understand.
Enya sings in an amalgam of languages, she even makes up language on her own. The voice layering makes it even more esoteric.

1 Like

Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by Nobody: 1:34am On Jun 08, 2013
Abu Mikey: Aunty,GOOGLE is Your Friend!!!

tongue

aww you're cute. compete for mr nairaland. wink
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by AbuMikey(m): 1:37am On Jun 08, 2013
adaobi123:

tongue

aww you're cute. compete for mr nairaland. wink
I've been begging Sexkillz to verify me,but he does not want to!!!!
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by Nobody: 1:37am On Jun 08, 2013
Abu Mikey: I've been begging Sexkillz to verify me,but he does not want to!!!!

ogugua88 ! where are you ?!?! grin
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by Nobody: 1:44am On Jun 08, 2013
100 likes for u dear,a frnd once told me that I love enya cuz am a catholic!!!that she sings nd puts pple in a dull nd sober mood just like d catholic choir!and I wonderd wat that has to do with my church! Pple can realy luk 4 trouble sha. *listening to* evening falls* nd gradually...fal.l.i ng a..s...leep
onechance: enya is an angel,coz only angels sing like that.
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by Nobody: 1:48am On Jun 08, 2013
Ada bekee no fall my hand o,hw can u say u dnt knw my God mother enya?
Kpachalu anya gi o
adaobi123:

undecided

Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by Nobody: 1:49am On Jun 08, 2013
peppy luv: Ada bekee no fall my hand o,hw can u say u dnt knw my God mother enya?
Kpachalu anya gi o

na only me who doesn't know her ? tongue undecided
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by AbuMikey(m): 1:50am On Jun 08, 2013
adaobi123:

ogugua88 ! where are you ?!?! grin
Oh!.....Is it Ogugua88??
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by Nobody: 1:51am On Jun 08, 2013
Abu Mikey: Oh!.....Is it Ogugua88??

both of them do the verification process. pm her
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by Dammiesugar(f): 1:53am On Jun 08, 2013
Dat wz d same tin dey said abt erigga's songs.pple jst say wat dey dnt knw.as my fan base dey big pass rick ross BELLE,my moni dey plenty pas 2 shotz BEAR BEAR,if no b louis votton,m sori kPELE,I'd rada use ordinary leg stroll lyk CELE

Yansh no get teeth,but e dey cut shit
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by gallantwhite(m): 1:58am On Jun 08, 2013
hi nairalanders.what dose it mean to follow a member after veiwing his profile and by the way adaobi you are beatiful i'd like to meet you.please i would be waiting for reply nairalanders,because have been following and still not been able to hook up with any one
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by AbuMikey(m): 1:59am On Jun 08, 2013
adaobi123:

both of them do the verification process. pm her
Ok. Thanks!
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by Nobody: 1:59am On Jun 08, 2013
gallant white: hi nairalanders.what dose it mean to follow a member after veiwing his profile and by the way adaobi you are beatiful i'd like to meet you.please i would be waiting for reply nairalanders,because have been following and still not been able to hook up with any one

grin

you're on the wrong thread btw
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by AbuMikey(m): 2:01am On Jun 08, 2013
gallant white: hi nairalanders.what dose it mean to follow a member after veiwing his profile and by the way adaobi you are beatiful i'd like to meet you.please i would be waiting for reply nairalanders,because have been following and still not been able to hook up with any one
You are on a LoNNnnnnng thing!!!.....Na woman you con find for Nairaland dis nyt??
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by gallantwhite(m): 2:02am On Jun 08, 2013
adaobi123:

grin

really please direct me please.dear!
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by Nobody: 2:03am On Jun 08, 2013
gallant white: really please direct me please.dear!

https://www.nairaland.com/967122/romance-sections-off-topic-chat
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by gallantwhite(m): 2:04am On Jun 08, 2013
adaobi123:

grin

i also tried following you but the process was debunked
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by AbuMikey(m): 2:04am On Jun 08, 2013
Dammiesugar: Dat wz d same tin dey said abt erigga's songs.pple jst say wat dey dnt knw.as my fan base dey big pass rick ross BELLE,my moni dey plenty pas 2 shotz BEAR BEAR,if no b louis votton,m sori kPELE,I'd rada use ordinary leg stroll lyk CELE

Na me dey rule for the StReet,no matter who sit down for Governor SeAt!!!.....I dey hustle for this ground.I nor be like You,Mum(u) Aje wen still dey chop Papa thank You!!!

PAPERBOI GANG!!
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by Decryptor(m): 2:06am On Jun 08, 2013
I am really shocked but impressed that Enya has a huge fan-base here. Enya remains one of my best artistes of all time.Just like someone said in a previous comment, most people consider her songs demonic cos they lack understanding (typical of Nigerians mostly). But i think for others, it evokes "self-pity" in them.
Amongst my favorites are Wild Child, Only time, May it be (makes me cry wheneva i listen to it), Paint the sky with stars (has an effect on me like weed, i swear) and many more.
Re: People Consider Enya's Songs As 'demonic' - Why? by Nobody: 2:06am On Jun 08, 2013
gallant white: i also tried following you but the process was debunked

really ? hmmmmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pasuma And Saheed Osupa---who Is The Best? / Church Songs, Hymns / What's All This I Hear About P-square's Mum's Death, Rick Ross, Illuminati And S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.