Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. (3970 Views)

How Jonathan Appointed Suspected Serial Thief To Head Radio Nig - Premium Times / How Jonathan Defeated Obasanjo / Presidential Poll: How Jonathan Will Beat Buhari In North – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
The first law of power says;

"Never Outshine the Master" :

Always make those above you feel comfortably
superior. In your desire to please or impress
them, do not go too far in displaying your talents
or you might accomplish the opposite – inspire
fear and insecurity. Make your masters appear
more brilliant than they are and you will attain
the heights of power.

But it is so very obvious the President Jonathan had undermined that law.

Once upon a time, the former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo in the quest to hold unto power for as long as possible, tried to materialise a third term bid. Behold! He was humiliated by the anti third term political movement.
Haven failed, he resorted to godfatherism with the view to rule indirectly (imperialism).

If you'd ask me, I'd say he (Obj) is a good physicist; he employed the projectile formulae , he did his calculations well, looked onto the probable, possible prospect, and finally, he pounced upon late president Yar'adua of blessed memory.

The choice of Umaru was not without a baggage called Goodluck Jonathan; the man who was perfectly positioned to be helped to get a job. Let me put it succinctly; the idea of choosing Umaru was to make Jonathan, a man without any shoes, a president. This is topic for another day.

Like a de javu, he passed away and piam! GEJ was sworn in... Lols... I could picture Obj sighed heavily and said hmm.... Mission accomplished.

TWISTS AND TURNS

It was so unfortunate that the imperialist failed to put into cognisance how absolute power grow at a geometric rate and corrupt absolutely. Verily I say unto you, Jonathan, foresaw his goals and played according to his scriptural objectives, but had his plans and road map to freedom. In slow succession, he (Jonathan) began to disentangle himself gently like a rat that blows air on its host while it bites off his skin.

I just couldn't fathom with why he had to defile the first law of power by being sturbon to his godfather's dictations...

1. Maybe because he had other better ideas to transform the country.

2. Maybe because he's sort of a dictator too.

3. Maybe he wants to change the political paradigm of Nigeria as opposed to what the old quagmires laid down initially.

Many are the speculated rifts that arouse between them such as:

The PDP BoT tussle pls read here ----» mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-bot-jonathan-obasanjo-to-clash-over-anenih/

The Gbenga Daniels connection: -----» mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/obasanjo-jonathan-rift-worsens-%E2%80%A2the-gbenga-daniel-connection/

Alamieyeseigha's pardon ------» mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/alamieyeseighas-pardon-may-deepen-jonathan-obasanjos-rift/

These and many more. It is now very obvious that Obj had given up on Jonathan and he had resorted to another man whom he had seen traits of a puppet in. With his statement(s) in Jigawa state on democracy day celebrations in his exact words (“You can help a man to get a job but you can’t help him do the job”). and his boycotting the gathering in Abuja, there's no need for a seer to tell what's in the air around our political sphere.

Governor Sule Lamido is about to help to become president come 2015.

Over all, perhaps it's a good thing Jonathan defiled the first law of power, probably because we can't continue to get new wines in old bottles no more. Obj had rule this country for so many years and we are still battling corruption and other heartbreaking brouhahas.
Maybe he should retire back to his farm and focus on maximising profit. According to my friend; he (Obj) is a bad shopper, he can't continue to shop for presidents for us.

Jonathan has his bunch of flaws, either he realise quickly and win our hearts and prolong his stay beyond 2015 or continue like this and he leaves there for good.

God bless Nigeria!

Emmysenior

Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by omaigala(m): 12:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
Nice write up bro! Hobjay! Had a whole 8 yrs to make his mark, but he failed, if his ideas could not work back then, I'm not sure if it will now.

He should go and rest.
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 03, 2013
omaigala: Nice write up bro! Hobjay! Had a whole 8 yrs to make his mark, but he failed, if his ideas could not work back then, I'm not sure if it will now.

He should go and rest.

smiley Thanks.
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 03, 2013
Nice one
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 03, 2013
REVERSAL OF THE LAW

You can not worry about upsetting the master who cunningly put you in power for his selfish aim. If your master is a falling star, there is nothing to fear from outshining him. Do not be merciful - your master had no such scruples in his own cold-blooded climb to the top. Gauge his strength. If he is weak, discreetly hasten his downfall: Outdo, out-charm, outsmart him at key moments. If he is very weak and ready to fall, let nature take its course.

Do not risk outshining a feeble superior-it might appear cruel or spiteful. But if your master is firm in his position, yet you know yourself to be the more capable, bide your time and be patient. It is the natural course of things that power eventually fades and weakens. Your master will fall someday, and if you play it right, you will outlive and someday outshine him.

7 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by omaigala(m): 1:28pm On Jun 03, 2013
Billyonaire: REVERSAL OF THE LAW

You can not worry about upsetting the master who cunningly put you in power for his selfish aim. If your master is a falling star, there is nothing to fear from outshining him. Do not be merciful - your master had no such scruples in his own cold-blooded climb to the top. Gauge his strength. If he is weak, discreetly hasten his downfall: Outdo, out-charm, outsmart him at key moments. If he is very weak and ready to fall, let nature take its course.

Do not risk outshining a feeble superior-it might appear cruel or spiteful. But if your master is firm in his position, yet you know yourself to be the more capable, bide your time and be patient. It is the natural course of things that power eventually fades and weakens. Your master will fall someday, and if you play it right, you will outlive and someday outshine him.

I know right.
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2013
Billyonaire: REVERSAL OF THE LAW

[size=15pt]I know you'd be glad cos this aint against your master. right? [/size]
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by aletheia(m): 2:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
At post. There is a time and place to apply the laws. The time to not outshine the master is when you are yet to accede to power...a part that GEJ played well. Now it's time for the application of other laws:

Law 41

Avoid Stepping into a Great Man’s Shoes

What happens first always appears better and more original than what comes after. If you succeed a great man or have a famous parent, you will have to accomplish double their achievements to outshine them. Do not get lost in their shadow, or stuck in a past not of your own making: Establish your own name and identity by changing course. Slay the overbearing father, disparage his legacy, and gain power by shining in your own way.

Law 15

Crush your Enemy Totally

All great leaders since Moses have known that a feared enemy must be crushed completely. (Sometimes they have learned this the hard way.) If one ember is left alight, no matter how dimly it smolders, a fire will eventually break out. More is lost through stopping halfway than through total annihilation: The enemy will recover, and will seek revenge. Crush him, not only in body but in spirit.
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
aletheia: At post. There is a time and place to apply the laws. The time to not outshine the master is when you are yet to accede to power...a part that GEJ played well. Now it's time for the application of other laws:

Law 41

Avoid Stepping into a Great Man’s Shoes

What happens first always appears better and more original than what comes after. If you succeed a great man or have a famous parent, you will have to accomplish double their achievements to outshine them. Do not get lost in their shadow, or stuck in a past not of your own making: Establish your own name and identity by changing course. Slay the overbearing father, disparage his legacy, and gain power by shining in your own way.

Law 15

Crush your Enemy Totally

All great leaders since Moses have known that a feared enemy must be crushed completely. (Sometimes they have learned this the hard way.) If one ember is left alight, no matter how dimly it smolders, a fire will eventually break out. More is lost through stopping halfway than through total annihilation: The enemy will recover, and will seek revenge. Crush him, not only in body but in spirit.

Perhaps it might end that way, 2015 has it all.

Let's keep our fingers crossed though.
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
I'm watching with my Plasma TV
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
Wizee: I'm watching with my Plasma TV

cheesy why not use a cinema?
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by gerrardomendes(m): 6:55pm On Jun 03, 2013
wait o. is it ohm's law. tot it had a formula.
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
Suntzung:

GEJ was shamefully and shamelessly absent. Here is the video of the awkward moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElaiWGfKGn0

This IS TOO BAD, shame on YOU GEJ, shame on YOUR PEOPLE. NIGERIA is finished with this Maggot as a leader; he has rubbished what our fast leaders did for NIGERIA.

What a shame! ZIK, ATB, MRM, OBJ'S EFFORTS ALL IN VAIN!

NIGERIA needs serious prayer to survive the remaining one and half year of this CALAMITY called GEJ.

No let them catch you o...
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 03, 2013
emmysenior:

I know you'd be glad cos this aint against your master. right?

Most certainly, I DO NOT dine with FAILURES.
10th LAW of POWER states, and I quote "INFECTION: AVOID THE UNLUCKY AND UNHAPPY" Quote closed. I meditate on these laws, hence, you do NOT see me dining with anyone who fails in life. Failure is infectious. I steer clear of Buhari and the rest of the failures, they will NEVER succeed, it is their nature. GEJ has never failed, he WONT start now.

[size=18pt]FRESH AIR![/size]

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by wandeay: 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
Dis crap called president wil rule 9ja til 2015, if eventually he wins d next election, dat means he will rule for 8 yrs or mor, I will rather migrate to The Gambia than to be his subject.
Useless shoeless and no vision leader.
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by omaigala(m): 10:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
wandeay: Dis crap called president wil rule 9ja til 2015, if eventually he wins d next election, dat means he will rule for 8 yrs or mor, I will rather migrate to The Gambia than to be his subject.

So what holding you now? You better go before it gets too late.
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by sublimes: 10:17pm On Jun 03, 2013
wandeay: Dis crap called president wil rule 9ja til 2015, if eventually he wins d next election, dat means he will rule for 8 yrs or mor, I will rather migrate to The Gambia than to be his subject.
pls start packing your load because you are about to move!! What have you done personally to improve Nigeria?
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by PapaBrowne(m): 11:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
Law 15

Crush your Enemy Totally

Reading this, I just felt sympathy for Amaechi. If Jonathan lives by these laws, Ameachi is toast. Wooow.
Feel bad for him already. No wonder they burnt Ibori to ashes.
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by musiwa26: 11:06pm On Jun 03, 2013
that law of power does not work for africa, where people are ready to kill.

DO you think obasanjo is ready to die for Jonathan NO.
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
See how far people can go to rubbish the president. Can u imagne that video?
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by aletheia(m): 11:47pm On Jun 03, 2013
PapaBrowne: ...If Jonathan lives by these laws, ...
If? I am often amused when critics dismiss Jonathan as "clueless". Anyone who is familiar with the 48 Laws, will recognize in GEJ a consummate practitioner of those principles. Review again Jonathan's accession to power and juxtapose those events and subsequent ones against methods espoused in Robert Greene, Sun Tzu, and Machiavelli's books...and it becomes apparent.

The president dissembles, distracts and misdirects by his actions in other to lull his opponents into a false sense of security. He can be ruthless when directly challenged as witnessed by:
1. James Ibori
2. Charles Okah
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by Adrenaline123(m): 12:38am On Jun 04, 2013
even if the video is really true and not good for nothing video editing, who has not gone to the turylet before.
As for me being a president is not easy. From one meeting, confrence to another always flying in air across boundries, recieving visitors from many places, recieving all sorts of insults, abuses, letters(good and bad), including internet insults/castigtions, phone calls from many people every hour of the day. Just try being a leader in any org./gathering, meeting, class were some of the followers do not coporate and see what am talking about. Just pray for GEJ. Gbam.
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by Nobody: 7:09am On Jun 04, 2013
musiwa26: that law of power does not work for africa, where people are ready to kill.

DO you think obasanjo is ready to die for Jonathan NO.

To some extent you are right, but it's very obvious that mr President defiled that to buy his freedom.
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by tomakint: 7:32am On Jun 04, 2013
Jonathan never DEFILED the 1st Law of Power, he actually RE-DEFINED it cool
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 04, 2013
tomakint: Jonathan never DEFILED the 1st Law of Power, he actually RE-DEFINED it cool

Are you kidding me?
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 04, 2013
The Op knows not what he is saying. Jonathan is certainly the most successful implementor of that 1st law of Power (and it's reversal, in the case of OBJ). By never outshining the master was how he managed to remain in the good books of Alamieseigha as deputy govrrnor. Even through the travails of Alamie-wonder in London and his eventual impeachment, Jonathan kept his cool and didn't show the slightest sign of ambition until he inevitably became governor, even expressing regret about the unfortunate circumstances surrounding his emergence.

It was also by applying the principles of not outshining the master that Jonathan managed to avoid the power thirst circus by clowns such as Peter Odili, Victor Attah, Donald Duke, and a host of southern governors when it became clear that Obasanjo wanted to choose a serving governor from the South South or South East as Presidential running mate. This law, aplied expertly by Jonathan, ensured that no one saw him coming, and OBJ deemed him the right man with the right temperament, and so he was chosen above the more flamboyant and ambitious contenders.

Lastly, it was by not outshining the master that Jonathan survived the stormy Yar'Adua health crisis, deflected ill-will and finally won enough public support to ascend to the presidency backed by the Doctrine of Necessity. Considering the charged political atmosphere at the time, and the feeling in the north that they had yet to complete their 'turn', an overt show of ambition by Jonathan to succeed Yar'Adua at that time could have resulted in serious political problems or even a coup. Jonathan handled the situation deftly by aplying R.G's first law of power
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 04, 2013
pro01: The Op knows not what he is saying. Jonathan is certainly the most successful implementor of that 1st law of Power (and it's reversal, in the case of OBJ). By never outshining the master was how he managed to remain in the good books of Alamieseigha as deputy govrrnor. Even through the travails of Alamie-wonder in London and his eventual impeachment, Jonathan kept his cool and didn't show the slightest sign of ambition until he inevitably became governor, even expressing regret about the unfortunate circumstances surrounding his emergence.

It was also by applying the principles of not outshining the master that Jonathan managed to avoid the power thirst circus by clowns such as Peter Odili, Victor Attah, Donald Duke, and a host of southern governors when it became clear that Obasanjo wanted to choose a serving governor from the South South or South East as Presidential running mate. This law, aplied expertly by Jonathan, ensured that no one saw him coming, and OBJ deemed him the right man with the right temperament, and so he was chosen above the more flamboyant and ambitious contenders.

Lastly, it was by not outshining the master that Jonathan survived the stormy Yar'Adua health crisis, deflected ill-will and finally won enough public support to ascend to the presidency backed by the Doctrine of Necessity. Considering the charged political atmosphere at the time, and the feeling in the north that they had yet to complete their 'turn', an overt show of ambition by Jonathan to succeed Yar'Adua at that time could have resulted in serious political problems or even a coup. Jonathan handled the situation deftly by aplying R.G's first law of power

Jonathan played according to Obj's script; pls read...»
The choice of Umaru was not without a
baggage called Goodluck Jonathan; the man
who was perfectly positioned to be helped to
get a job. Let me put it succinctly; the idea of
choosing Umaru was to make Jonathan, a man
without any shoes, a president. This is topic
for another day.
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by PapaBrowne(m): 8:39am On Jun 05, 2013
^^^^
Drop your beef man. PR01 has given the best explanation you can get.
The question you should ask yourself is simply: Who is the master now? GEJ or OBJ? The answer is obvious Mr? OBJ is no longer the master. There is a new master on the block. Your speech on never outshine the master should stay valid for the likes of Amaechi and the rest of the folks who want the President's job.
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by Akanbiedu(m): 11:01am On Jun 05, 2013
Jo na tan is the MASTER here.
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2013
PapaBrowne: ^^^^
Drop your beef man. PR01 has given the best explanation you can get.
The question you should ask yourself is simply: Who is the master now? GEJ or OBJ? The answer is obvious Mr? OBJ is no longer the master. There is a new master on the block. Your speech on never outshine the master should stay valid for the likes of Amaechi and the rest of the folks who want the President's job.

Nobody is beefing no one here, maybe you just couldn't comprehend with my write up above.

Pls re-read again.
Re: How Jonathan Undermined & Defiled The First Law Of Power. by PapaBrowne(m): 12:20pm On Jun 05, 2013
emmysenior:

Nobody is beefing no one here, maybe you just couldn't comprehend with my write up above.

Pls re-read again.

I did. And by the way, I have read Robert Greene's 48 laws. And from what I see around, Jonathan has been the most successful applicator of that law in Nigerian politics. For you to assume that OBJ is still the master, that discredits your write up in the first place.

(1) (2) (Reply)

New CBN Policy On Trapped ATM Cards / BREAK NEWS: Jackie Chan Finally Gone (dead) / Senators Begin Moves To Impeach Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.