Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Please Convert to African Traditional Religions - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Convert to African Traditional Religions (4049 Views)

136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / Are African Traditional Religions Syncretic In Nature (between One Another)? / Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
TerryCarr:
organized religion works like some kind of government or and organization(hence organized) they are govern by rules and laws and they have religious leaders. Catholic Church is a great example
here is "How to Become Pope"
[img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF8I_r9XT7A[/img]

hmm ok.

so we have rules and laws, though it varies. We have leaders.

but we dont have a central leadership (like vatican pope or Mecca).

but in individual Pagan religions, I think some do have a Central Leadership. I think for Ifa ORisha, it is in Benin.
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by kufre2010: 8:30pm On Jun 08, 2013
African religions hv rules and organise to some extent but it is not centralise. B4 the foreign invassion u cannot dif. B/w religion and customs in Africa. They were merge together
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:27am On Jun 09, 2013
yes we never fought religious wars in Pagan days. That is FACT.

1 Like

Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by somalia9: 4:55pm On Jun 11, 2013
key word being tradition, you dont do something cause its been done, you dont place your way of life and faith because of what people did

your confusing culture with religion

if people have found a better way of worshipping that doesnt mean they should change it simply cause of tradition
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:57pm On Jun 11, 2013
somalia9: key word being tradition, you dont do something cause its been done, you dont place your way of life and faith because of what people did

your confusing culture with religion

if people have found a better way of worshipping that doesnt mean they should change it simply cause of tradition

GET LOST ARAB WORSHIPPER! THIS THREAD IS FOR TRIBESMEN! NOT SOMALIS! angry
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

GET LOST ARAB WORSHIPPER! THIS THREAD IS FOR TRIBESMEN! NOT SOMALIS! angry

lmao
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by kufre2010: 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2013
Amadioha, Ifa, Ombatse, Okija are far more powerful than these foreign gods called Jesus and Mohammed. Many pastor use power from these dieties to protect theirself and also prophesy to get members and milk the money out of their pockets.

1 Like

Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by MamiWata: 4:23am On Jun 14, 2013
kufre2010: Amadioha, Ifa, Ombatse, Okija are far more powerful than these foreign gods called Jesus and Mohammed. Many pastor use power from these dieties to protect theirself and also prophesy to get members and milk the money out of their pockets.

How prevalent do you think traditional beliefs are in Nigeria? With which ethnic group are they strongest?
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:51pm On Jun 14, 2013
MamiWata:

How prevalent do you think traditional beliefs are in Nigeria? With which ethnic group are they strongest?

compared to other African countries, Nigeria has a stronger system of Traditional Beliefs. It is in some sort of standby here. It is not encouraged yet it is not done away with. there are many reasons for this. Nigerias legal system for traditional rulers has also helped protect it among the ruling classes to some extent (especially in the SE & SW).
Traditional rulers cannot get that position if they dont subscribe to traditional beliefs. However among the commoners it is much less now.

It is strongest in population terms, with the Yorubas. However the middle belt also widely practices it and there are some tribes around Adamawa ,etc., who are completely Pagan or atleast in majority.

recently, it is gaining resurgence among tribes such as the Eggon, Yoruba, etc.
among others, it is in a state of decline.

1 Like

Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by kingston277(m): 7:02pm On Jul 22, 2014
PAGAN9JA: hi smiley

please convert to African Traditional Religions. NOW IS YOUR TIME!
Know what? I've never understood how you guys stood your ground for so long without missionaries of your own going around converting people. How do you expect your religion to thrive when followers of the Abrahamic religions are busy taking your people.
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
kingston277:
Know what? I've never understood how you guys stood your ground for so long without missionaries of your own going around converting people. How do you expect your religion to thrive when followers of the Abrahamic religions are busy taking your people.

We are waking up now. We will soon send missionaries.

I consider myself a missionary.

WE were sleeping all this while.

1 Like

Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by kingston277(m): 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

We are waking up now. We will soon send missionaries.

I consider myself a missionary.

WE were sleeping all this while.

Have you ever had missionaries in the past? Is it allowed in your religion or taboo?
Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
kingston277:
Have you ever had missionaries in the past? Is it allowed in your religion or taboo?

Never. No Pagan religion in the World has ever had missionaries.

Our forefathers never expected such a situation to arise I guess.

But times have changed.

1 Like

Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by Khin: 12:03am On Jul 31, 2014
OP what do you mean by Please "Convert to African Traditional Religions?" We were always spiritual even before the Europeans and Arabs forced their beliefs on our Ancestors. Embracing the African traditional religions will only means we are reverting not converting.

1 Like

Re: Please Convert to African Traditional Religions by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:18am On Jul 31, 2014
Khin: OP what do you mean by Please "Convert to African Traditional Religions?" We were always spiritual even before the Europeans and Arabs forced their beliefs on our Ancestors. Embracing the African traditional religions will only means we are reverting not converting.

Yes I meant reverting .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pics: Look At How Isis Has Turn To Killing Innocent Christian's Children / Not Enough Room In Heaven For Everyone / Immaculate Deception/ Christ Was Born Through Se.x

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.