Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,405 members, 7,812,198 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? (12354 Views)

1m Naira Needed Urgently For Tali Wood Export Transaction With Attractive ROI / Trading Forex, This Signal Trades Your Way To Success (Forex Success Reloaded) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by dedons: 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
tellwisdom: Which currency is that??
www.google .com
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by sarutobie(m): 3:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
With my gtb mobile app,I can conviniently recharge my airtime in the comfort of my room..transfer money to other accounts..online shopping..gtb try for this one no be lie.
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by ajiifixing(m): 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2013
Stanbic IBTC mobile money is still the best.
Tested in other african countries where Stanbic IBTC is (Kenya,South Africa,etc).
*909# is all you need to dial on your phone.
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by ruffbob(m): 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
Those people that enjoy this services can they please state the particular banks that the service work well with
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by emmajarule: 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
Yeah!it has helped me a lot,cos I use Gtbank internet banking by making use of the Token Device,u can use it to transfer to any bank also do foreign transfer too.
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by mayoroflag(m): 4:08pm On Jun 07, 2013
The Q is a bit vague.

There is mobile money linked to bank accounts and the one linked to virtual pockets, traditionally marketed by telcos but which Sanusi has hijacked from them.

The first one is currently more successful than the second. It appeals to the working class especially the upwardly mobile in major cities. As for me, I was able to even run most transactions on my account from outside Nigeria with just my mobile phone. It was as if I never left the country. I have been using mobile banking since 2008, so it has become a lifestyle. Unfortunately it has also contributed to my impatience. I used Intercontinental Bank and after a slight hiccup, eased into Access Bank's mobile services. I have only been successful with Diamond on the web. My mobile service experience with them is a disaster.

The purpose of the 2nd one was to reach all populations within mobile phone coverage and of all ages too. However, the CBN has defeated the intention of the second because telcos could have done better at marketing it than banks and all CBN needs do is to make it a form of money in circulation which telcos will remit info on, to CBN.

Let's hope future policy makers at CBN will be more flexible.

1 Like

Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by Sability(m): 4:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okija juju: What is mobile money?

Does that mean that my money can now walk? shocked

Kolo! Hahahaha, you are funny guy.
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by CHIMSKY(m): 4:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
blink182: I'm OK with internet banking, Gtb seem to have issues with their mobile money they are always advertising.
How does the GTB MOBILE APP.I have downloaded it to my tablet but cannot register.It aways says it is tryingto connect to server.
Useless!
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by ignis: 4:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
Actually, It has not affected my business in any way because I don't see the difference.
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by defemz(m): 4:30pm On Jun 07, 2013
Mobile money service with GTBANK is off the hook. great service, helluva lot of flexibilities 24/7 access and control to your account, i recharge my phones, transfer money to people of choice etc. More nigerians need to embrace this service to make it even more efficient. Wow is the word for my experience with mobile money with gtbank. If you are young and educated and you have not started using this service, well, all I can say is goodluck to you. Information they say, is power.
Although some of the banks need to still improve on the service.Overall it is a good product.
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by ignis: 4:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
ajiifixing: Stanbic IBTC mobile money is still the best.
Tested in other african countries where Stanbic IBTC is (Kenya,South Africa,etc).
*909# is all you need to dial on your phone.
Is that all?
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by luluosas(m): 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2013
billante: I Mainly use it to recharge my phones for now....and the good thing about is that Gtbank gives u back some money if use it to recharge ur phone.
You are correct. They gave me N20 on N500 recharge.

Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by kike100: 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2013
Stanbic IBTC MobileMoney is still the best. Just dial *909# on your phone or download the apron your android phone and google store. You fund your MobileMoney via ATM,at the branch or an agent location( they are well branded).
You can use it at any shoprite store, genesis deluxe cinemas, total filling station across Lagos etc!

The platform has made basic transaction easy for me to deal like airtime, dstv payment etc. it will be accepted overtime in my opinion. The Kenya that we are comparing ourselves with has a large number of its citizen averse to banking all their lives(in Kenya, only the rich are believed to use the banks. Also, they come to work in the cities where these banks are and send money to their loved ones hence the success of the MobileMoney platform), another key issue is that MobileMoney is over 5 yrs in Kenya so we can't be comparing pick up rate. remember ATM adoption rate after 5yrs of its existence in Nigeria is less than 50% with Lagos,Abuja,PH,kaduna having the highest adoption(2012 industry report) so we will get there.
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by luluosas(m): 4:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
emmajarule: Yeah!it has helped me a lot,cos I use Gtbank internet banking by making use of the Token Device,u can use it to transfer to any bank also do foreign transfer too.
Oga, there's a huge difference between Internet banking and Mobile Money.
On Internet banking, you are dealing directly with your account you have with any bank, while Mobile Money creates a virtual account for you, using your Telephone Number as you Account (Wallat) Number.
Again, you can have and operate a Mobile Money account without having any form of bank account with any bank but, you can NEVER use Internet banking service without having a bank account.
I hope this little explanation is clear. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by cycline404(m): 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
I tried it several times with GTB.... Whenever i wants to send money it will say network error... Pissing me off to go and que for transactions below 20k
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by luluosas(m): 5:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
ruffbob: Those people that enjoy this services can they please state the particular banks that the service work well with
You can only talk of the one you are using. I am using GTBank Mobile Money and though I newly registered but, the services are good. The only thing I don't like with the GTBank Mobile Money App is the failure of GTBank to place the names and logos of vendors for online payment, instead of asking you the user to know a particular code with a vendor. This is a huge setback with the GTBank Mobile Money App.
On the GTBank App after you log in then, click on Airtime & Shopping, select what channel to use (you can only use both Wallet and Bank if you have earlier linked your Bank Account with the Mobile Money Wallet Account otherwise, it is only Wallet that will apply), and it will now take you to the Merchant area, where you are now asked to enter the Vendor's code. This is very silly of GTBank I must confess.

Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by luluosas(m): 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
cycline404: I tried it several times with GTB.... Whenever i wants to send money it will say network error... Pissing me off to go and que for transactions below 20k
Well, for the few times I have used mine with huge successes, I used a wireless network on my phone. I haven't tried it yet with a mobile communication network.
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2013

I'm disappointed in you. I was expecting a 5year old to say that, not from you okija juju. Are you really a re-tard? I just hope you don't know the meaning of re-tard.
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by francis247(m): 5:47pm On Jun 07, 2013
Have not tried it and have no intention to.

1 Like

Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by edithokoye0096: 6:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
Use Stanbic MobileMoney, it's money, not cash. Just dial *909# and follow the guidelines. That bank has integrity, trust me.
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by kelch(m): 7:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
I think mobile money is a bomb going by my personal experience. I believe over time everybody will love it. Imagine the convenience of paying for DSTV from my phone. Paying money to peoples account without going to bank. Withdrawing money from an agent in my neighbourhood and not having to drive to an ATM point. Its just a sweet experience I've been having. Thank God for technology life is a lot easier now
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by Dheclick(m): 7:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
PapaBrowne:

You are absolutely right. Thats why M-pesa has been successful in Kenya.
Here, we have a CBN Governor who wants everything under his control so has refused to allow the telecom guys to operate it.

Still expecting bribe... corruption everywhere, God save us from retrogression.
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by miqos02(m): 7:15pm On Jun 07, 2013

olodo: it means your money can drive

1 Like

Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by Danice253: 7:39pm On Jun 07, 2013
FCMB MOBILE MONEY remains d best. It took less dan 24hrs to get it functioning in my phone. If u have u dnt mind open account wit fcmb let me teach u how to do it. Contact me. My bank and I.
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
The truth is we have all heard about it but the way it really works, few know that!If someone here can educate us more and talk about platforms like Paga cashenvoy and co! I know they work, cos we have received payment a few times from access Mobile!

1 Like

Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by zuker: 8:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
FirstMonie remains the best...
Dail *894# or
Go to Firstmonie.com to register
Blackberry app http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9050379/BB/FirstMonie.jad
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by mkoabiola: 9:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
U can't tell dat to market woman.
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by bonetalk(m): 9:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
Quazosky: Try Firstmonie powered by FirstBank, All you need to do is dial *894# from any mobile network. Thereafter you can fund your wallet account from any FirstBank ATM.

i tried mine several time but not going through, and i'm planning to open account in gtb coz of this issue
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by Touchforfree(m): 12:03am On Jun 08, 2013
Can som1 fund my Accounts with money pls. I need to giv ds WakaMoney a trial as a sincere Nigerian. Make I send my Account details ?...........
Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by toluxa1(m): 1:47am On Jun 08, 2013
I don't think GTMobilemoney is stable yet. They have to work on it. I don't even know how much GTB is owing me right now. Once you try to buy airtime and it fails, ur money go just hang, several times it has happened and they have only returned it once. I still have one N7000 hanging Lord knows where. I have called them several times, mails, visited the branch. All I know is they must remit back all my money.

1 Like

Re: How Has Mobile Money Changed Your Way Of Transaction? by splashbaby(m): 2:49am On Jun 08, 2013
No good business model for it!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How #300 Changed My Life In A Week / Who Here Uses Binance? / Investment Opportunity In Cassava Production(Modified)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.