Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,657 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Monarch's Wife Sacked By Community For Not Being An Indigene - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Monarch's Wife Sacked By Community For Not Being An Indigene (865 Views)

Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses / Monarch, Emmanuel Onyeike-Efeizomor, Sleeps With Snake For 5 Days / Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Monarch's Wife Sacked By Community For Not Being An Indigene by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
MONARCH’S WIFE SACKED BY COMMUNITY FOR NOT BEING AN INDIGENE

Asaba—THE deportation of the wife of Obi of Igbodo community in Ika North-East Local Government Area of Delta State, recently, has divided the community, just as feelers from the state government circle indicate that the warring factions might be summoned to Government House, Asaba, for the issue to be resolved.

While some of the villagers stormed the palace last Friday to sack the wife of the Obi on account of the woman not being an indigene of the community, some other villagers are backing the embattled Obi, Obi Ikechukwu Osedume I, who had insisted that his Ebonyi-born heartthrob remained his choice wife.

Those in the camp of the Obi, under the umbrella of Concerned Igbodo Citizens, in a statement, yesterday, by their Chairman, Mr. Victor Christopher, said there was nothing wrong with the Obi insisting on marrying an Abakaliki woman, from Ebonyi State.

[size=14pt]The group tackled the Iyase of Igbodo (the Prime Minister), Dr. Joseph Unomah, who was in the forefront of the deportation. The Iyase had queried: “Why should he (Obi) marry a non-indigene? The last straw that broke the camel’s back was that he brought the said lady to the palace. So, the community rose, marched to the palace and demanded her evacuation.”
[/size]
The Concerned Igbodo Citizens insisted that “he (Obi) is a listening father and one of the youngest Obis in Africa, whose love for his people has no limit.”

http://theamazons.com.ng/monarchs-wife-sacked-by-community-for-not-being-an-indigene/
Re: Monarch's Wife Sacked By Community For Not Being An Indigene by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 03, 2013
I can't believe that this can happen in 2013
Unbelievable how backward Folks can be
Re: Monarch's Wife Sacked By Community For Not Being An Indigene by 99cent: 12:23am On Jun 04, 2013
I think that they probably requested him to step down from the throne but he chose to send his wife away rather than step down. I'm sure nothing stops the guy from keeping his wife so long as he himself steps down from the throne.

My guess is that the queen has a role in d community just like the king. and having a foreigner as queen maybe akin to having a foreigner as ur king. maybe that's why. but if she's just a wife and nothing more then I see no reason why they should object to their monarch's decision to marry her.

keep in mind, the key word here is "sack" meaning that she had a JOB to do that is usually reserved for a community member. they didn't force her to divorce, all they did was "sack" her from her title/ the palace.

I will suggest that maybe an ideal situation will be to have a king and queen that are not necessarily married. LOL maybe they should elect a separate queen from the community. not sure how that will work but it's a possibility.

(1) (Reply)

Ethiopia History-video / "I Remember Those Days" / Shocking! !!!!! Legal School Where People Go To Kill Theirselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.