Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others (27701 Views)

Dasuki, 4 Others Granted Bail / Boko Haram Leader Shekau Dismisses Nigerian Military Claims / Boko-Haram Leader Shekau Found In Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by earthgreeners(m): 7:57pm On Jun 03, 2013
WASHINGTON – In an unprecedented move, the United States on Monday posted up to $23 million in rewards to help capture five leaders of militant groups which have spread terror in west Africa and Nigeria.
The highest reward of up to $7 million is offered for the leader of Nigeria’s Boko Haram extremists, Abubakar Shekau, while $5 million each was posted for Al-Qaeda veteran Mokhtar Belmokhtar and Yahya Abou Al-Hammam, a top figure in Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, US officials said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/united-states-places-23m-reward-for-shekau-4-others/

7 Likes

Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by 4Play(m): 8:02pm On Jun 03, 2013
The downside to this is that it elevates Shekau in the eyes of jihadists and their sympathisers in the Middle East which will mean more help; financial, materiel and men.

18 Likes

Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by aminho(m): 8:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
I will be in the front-line and will be risking my life just to have nigeria back to were it belongs home of peace and tourism good people great nation let's go there

12 Likes

Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by earthgreeners(m): 8:32pm On Jun 03, 2013
4 Play: The downside to this is that it elevates Shekau in the eyes of jihadists and their sympathisers in the Middle East which will mean more help; financial, materiel and men.

You are right..... It places Shekau on the top list of the terror hierarchy.....
Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by baqina(m): 8:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
Time for all ds babalawos and Dibias sons and daughters to prove there worth....have a nice day

17 Likes

Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by Bigcake: 8:44pm On Jun 03, 2013
USA is simply bringing dis fuctards to limelight n further sympathy frm their fellow jihadist.

1 Like

Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by Bigcake: 8:45pm On Jun 03, 2013
USA is simply bringing dis fuctards to limelight n further sympathy frm their fellow jihadist. And their next plan is to establish a military base in northern Nigeria. Endtime, one world government in the making.

7 Likes

Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by Super1759: 8:55pm On Jun 03, 2013
On one hand, a good move.
One another, a discredit to Nigeria
Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by Jenny20(f): 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
It's long overdue, never knew why U.S waited this long to put Abubaker Shekau on it's terror list.

Now, Deploy the drones and get it over with, it's about time. angry

1 Like

Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by Freiburger(m): 10:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
Super1759:
One another, a discredit to Nigeria
Can you give us some breakdown on what you meant with this?
Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by GraceBestowed(f): 10:24pm On Jun 03, 2013
Say what you may, but I don't like the fact that America stays in other countries' business!

What they are doing seems good but trust me, there's always a catch! Smh!

I'm not buying this stunt!

17 Likes

Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by moderatorr: 10:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
the last 50 people US placed bounty on their heads are all dead.
sadam, osama, azwahili, muhktar . . .

these condom boys should know whaymts up by now.

7 Likes

Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by supaeagles(m): 10:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
No offense to Ngr vanguard but is there any other source of this information,
Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by Opey4luv(m): 10:26pm On Jun 03, 2013
About time
Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by TeenageMoney(m): 10:26pm On Jun 03, 2013
All na Still d Peaceful Religion People...
Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 03, 2013
chei, businessu. let the hunt for shekau's head begin grin
Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by Chynx(m): 10:28pm On Jun 03, 2013
No matter what u do, u never can succeed in pleasing humans. You act, wahala; you no act, wahala...damn!

4 Likes

Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by otipoju(m): 10:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
Hmmmmm.A bounty on Shekau's head signifies a tacit approval of Jonathan's state of emergency by Uncle Sam.Mr Buhari watch your words...this game is not Ludo,its a lot bigger than you think you know.

4 Likes

Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by Andyforte: 10:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
Iya o. Awon ppl. Ise ti DEY. Lets go there!
Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by Iykebestbt(m): 10:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
How sure am I that this money was not given to US by our govt just to cover up some things....

Anyway..I pray they 'll receive it and restore peace to nija once again

2 Likes

Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by FreeWill01: 10:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
US shaaaaa, what is 23 million dollars compared to naija oil reserves....very good strategy. So now they are trying to tell us that the most dangerous terrorist in the world is a Nigerian. This occupation government coming from US to Naija is some what inevitable oh...This people are too smart and too patient.
Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by Wendyslim(f): 10:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ok oooo . I pray it work in other to restore peace in the country. undecided undecided
Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by JobManagers(m): 10:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
Wow this is serious I know peoples eyes will be on the money naija smiley
Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by Mudley313: 10:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
4 Play: The downside to this is that it elevates Shekau in the eyes of jihadists and their sympathisers in the Middle East which will mean more help; financial, materiel and men.

The upside side is that it places tremendous pressure on Shekau; he will find it hard to fully trust his close allies, he will be living paranoid, and he will go more into seclusion...making it harder to receive/accept "financial, materiel, and men" cos you nor know who wan set u up to get dat doe

supaeagles: No offense to Ngr vanguard but is there any other source of this information,

http://www.thecoastalsource.com/2013/06/03/us-puts-bounties-on-west-african-terror-suspects/

6 Likes

Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by daylae(m): 10:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
WoW! This bounty is quite enticing. . .

Its high time i visit borno. Someone said is a great place to be this time of the year.
Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by Nairaplus(m): 10:36pm On Jun 03, 2013
earthgreeners:

You are right..... It places Shekau on the top list of the terror hierarchy.....
Who cares?!!! If you know where they are please report, collect your cash. grin grin grin
Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by kponkedenge(m): 10:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
I just re loaded my locally made pump action rifle am off to bronu state $23million no be beans.

13 Likes

Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
All dis talkin nd talkin z 2much j0h....usa?na wash j0h...
Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
Why can't I find this information on ANY other website?
Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by supaeagles(m): 10:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
@mudley313 - thanks for that link. It led me to this
http://www.rewardsforjustice.net/
http://www.rewardsforjustice.net/index.cfm?page=shekau&language=english

@NL bounty hunters : you can submit your tips here (and collect your cheque later .... hope yahoo yahoo boys will not take advantage of this and device a scheme wink )
https://www.rewardsforjustice.net/index.cfm?page=tip&language=english
Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by Slimboy94(m): 10:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
What exacty do they need is it their heads or their adress where they can get them
Let them tell me so i'll knw where to start
#cleaning my 9mm and siping my. Taste of diamond champaign

2 Likes

Re: US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others by blueheart(m): 10:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
[quote author=Mudley313]

The upside side is that it places tremendous pressure on Shekau; he will find it hard to fully trust his close allies, he will be living paranoid, and he will go more into seclusion...making it harder to receive/accept "financial, materiel, and men" cos you nor know who wan set u up to get dat doe

Seconded

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt / EBOLA: Customs Intercepts, Destroys Truckload Of Monkey Meat In Katsina / Why I Will Vote for GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.