Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani (8416 Views)

Omojuwa Turns Wailer Blasts Buhari / Fayose Openly Declines Omojuwa’s Invitation / APC Activist Omojuwa Criticises Buhari Government. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 04, 2013
Na who dem dey call omojuwa?
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by AbuMikey(m): 11:14am On Jun 04, 2013
I refuse to comment on this!
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by olu4life(m): 11:15am On Jun 04, 2013
Some peeps are so so stupid.. The video link is up there but many busy writting thrash about the guy. Please dear haters,watch the video before u comment. Channels tv has just lost every damn of dignity with this stuff.
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 04, 2013
barmmie: I don't think omojuwa would deliberately attempt to rubbish gani's efforts,
Maybe he was a little carried away however he should have apologised probably said his statement was taken out ºƒ context(obviously) and shouldn't have attacked channels TV at all.

You right on point sir.....i believe in omojuwa(thats my responsibility as member of F.H. Family Abk)
But also would strongly oppose any act demeaning the labours of our heros past...dat said, Channelstv only prefered to highlight his stray words so as to paint his personality......perharps for selfish reasons knowing fully well how much of attention that would generate on the social media platform he has been using to disseminate informations that has helped in changing the perspectives of thousands of young minds towards a positive outlook as it concern the future of this Great Nation.
@critics, At least he's standing up for something. When will you discover your own ESSENCE ?
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by Nauttyprof(m): 11:23am On Jun 04, 2013
I think when people are being praised for a good blog and write-ups, it gets into their heads and they begin to misbehave expecting the elderly to call them elder brother....lol and also begin to make statements out of thought. The man who was criticised by many but still stood his ground on what he believes, is being talked down by one small boy yet to get to Gani's Age. Gani who was always ready to face the government irrespective of who is in power, he pursued this course even with His last breath while speaking on bad governance.

This small boy should just keep quiet and stop rubbishing what this man who fought for the masses stood for, even doing this with his last blood.

In Gani's word 'Stand for what you believe in even if you are standing alone' paraphrased........ Gani - a TRUE HERO
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by Tjohn1(m): 11:43am On Jun 04, 2013
Ganys: I just unfollowed this clown on twitter, Like if u wana Join Me angry

NO! i will not join you, its obvious you have not seen the video, go and watch it first and form your own opinion
That guy was misquoted by @channels-tv
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 04, 2013
i hate channels TV all this local stations are just making fool out of their invited guest + Omojuwa was misquoted
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by peruso: 1:07pm On Jun 04, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi: Quick head count: how many of you actually watched the video before commenting?

People!! ANSWER THIS QUESTION,!!!
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by IjeomaObasi: 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2013
that young is very silly for saying that. even though he was sucking his mothers breast when Gani stood for the common masses, he should have heard about him. he really needs to wake up.
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 04, 2013
That's what activism has come to. It has been hijacked by some bunch of self-glorifying youths. That was a poor judgement on his part and it does give us a snapshot of his intention of being an activist. GEJ is actually responsible for this. Had he not promoted/encouraged freedom of speech/expression, people like omojuwa would have been locked up in cells and beaten to pulp a couple of times, then he would have understood the impact of the Late Gani Fawehinmi's style of protest and its positive results.

2 Likes

Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by Reyspin(m): 1:46pm On Jun 04, 2013
kindly watch d Video before cannonizing this not so wise youngman with insults.... Channels tv is Pro-FG dat mite b all out to rubbish dis youngman's name... And o boy omojuwa d wisest thing to do now is to apologïse and state your stance on this issue..
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by muyik78(m): 2:07pm On Jun 04, 2013
Though the guy mention what has it achieved but i think objectively, Channei TV blow it out of proportion. Also u cant total rule out his ignorance, he might actually be too young to know,too close to pc to see the goods that Hero like Gani and co has done, this era where children adhere to pc playing game instead of their book, facebook has taken away face ur book protest of our parent those days.
Best thing to do! Apologise and face the consequence of ur overstament,afterall omode o ki mon ori je ki o ma ra lowo lawon agba so.
Try to be student of history rather than gibberish on internet, He been around fighting one course or another since 1967, over case of solider cheated a civilian bro, go and be friend wt ur book, rather than this gullible phrase u guys read on net.
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by sofadj(m): 2:09pm On Jun 04, 2013
Mr I-have-achieved-more-than-Gani-Fawehinmi- @omojuwa

1 Like

Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by Boss13: 2:20pm On Jun 04, 2013
olajide1895: Channels TV should try as much as possible to always re edit their interview before they put it on any of their social medias,we should all remember the controversial issue of oga at d top,with what I watch, I didn't see anything bad in what Mr Omojuwa said,his is not condemning series of protest led by late Gani Fawahinm but trying to evalute d value of d protest & using the Late Gani protest as an example.plz be objective in whatever u are giving ur viewers.

SHUT THE F*****UCK UP. YOU BLIND MOTHER-F****UCKER. T****WAT
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by Boss13: 2:22pm On Jun 04, 2013
T-john:

NO! i will not join you, its obvious you have not seen the video, go and watch it first and form your own opinion
That guy was misquoted by @channels-tv

He was not misquoted. I have watched the interview and he was actually asking what has street protest achieved. Well NOTHING. The same thing his social media twits too. He should get a life.
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by Reptyle(m): 3:00pm On Jun 04, 2013
Omojuwa was one of the champions of the Occupy Nigeria subsidy protests. I do not think that such a person would pour disdain on street protests. That protest was one of the most successful protests ever organised in Nigeria and the instrumentality of social media to its success can never be over emphasised.

He obviously did not couch his statement properly, leaving it open to ambiguous interpretations, but he did not mean to rubbish Gani's legacy. He only questioned the effectiveness of street protests when compared to the use of new media in mobilizing Nigerians. It is quite a shame that Channels TV decided to create this uproar by casting the headline like they did.

Gani did a lot in the area of civil rights activism. He suffered in the hands of successive governments for his principled and often rigid stand on the rights of every Nigerian. More often than not, he was the lone voice for civil rights in an era that saw many activists like him compromising and selling out for filthy lucre. Omojuwa might be young but I do not think that he is so young that he does not recall Gani's battles with successive military regimes.

Channels TV is a station I respect a lot. But their recent penchant for inviting guests to their programmes only to embarrass and expose them to public ridicule will soon backfire. Listening to the said programme, I can count a number of healthy debates that could have been stirred up rather than playing up the Omojuwa vs Gani angle.
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2013
--
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by yd849ja: 5:02pm On Jun 04, 2013
This is the pride that goes before destruction of a young man. Imagine this idiot in gov one day surely he'll be worst than d Apkabios of this world bragging about social media, like you are the one that invented social media. Every tom dick and harry seeking relevance soon theyll all end up like Abati. What exactly does he think he has achieved saying what has the likes of Ganni's protest achieved? You think because you are one of the various insignificant social media participating activists in a protest on issue of great importance to Nigerians like fuel subsidy you have arrived abi? He thinks its his tweets that brought ppl out to protest. I dare you to call for another protest without NLC and likes of Tunde bakare's involvement and let see how well you would mobilize ppl. Illiterate mofo. You are even contradicting yourselves didn't you all eventually go the Ganni's style by moving round the streets and gathering at Ojota eventually?
To think that you are protesting in a democracy and you have the benefit of social media you are forever banished out of the public space for this your oral diarrhea. Gannis and his likes (fela, Beko, falana etc) stood their ground in the face of military might without fear of death /imprisonment. Can you even stand in front of an ordinary traffic warden to protest? Useless children. To know what Ganni's selfless protests achieved? Axe ur mummy and Daddy (in Wizkid's voice).
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by tripxx: 8:28pm On Jun 04, 2013
omojuwa don fall my hand. gani wey b say na hm b fada of struggle. pant dey wear omojuwa, no b hm dey wear pant.
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by gramci: 8:39pm On Jun 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The guy is one of the many arm chair critics who cannot tolerate criticisms when the tide turns? Smh

Their hypocrisy stinks
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by molas02: 8:57pm On Jun 04, 2013
guy i no go lie u, na only d guy pic i look cus no time for story, if him talk beter, pls tell me later in a short words oooooooo

1 Like

Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by shalomblue: 11:02pm On Jun 04, 2013
Follow omojuwa on twitter for a week and you will be amazed at how arrogant and stupid a young'jobless' boy can be.He needs to grow up
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 04, 2013
moodswing: And we are we talking about this nicompooop?.

Activist my foot, he's just a jobless Nigerian with Internet access and enjoying freedom of speech.

True
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by porka: 12:40am On Jun 05, 2013
Nooooooooooooo!!!

This is unthoughtful.

Do these guys even bother to learn the art of public speaking and presentation?

Common!

How could any Nigerian who wants to be taken seriously not pause and take a deep breath before responding to questions when Gani Fawehinmi's name is mentioned?

I mean, we are not talking about hiding behind the internet wall to write stuffs, you are actually putting your face to it.

And after the damage has been done, don't they know anything about damage control?

How could anybody compare a protest at an airline office with liberation struggles championed by preeminent freedom fighters?

It smacks of vainglory.

He is still even talking about foreign media.

Is this how uncouth he'll be with the so-called foreign media?

Man mi, you need nothing less than a 2 (two) year tutoring in public speaking.

If they are not tweeting silly comments about Jesus, they are making comments on what they don't know anything about.
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by edeybodi: 8:02am On Jun 05, 2013
I watched that video; and I am utterly disgusted with channels. The youngman did not condemn Gani; he asked a rhetoric question and proceeded to analyse different kinds of protests. He even advocated that all forms of protests have their place and should be put on the table. Channels should apologise to Omojuwa and take disciplinary action against whoever gave and/or endorsed the title to that video on their website; that was plain mischief with a huge potential for defamatory action. And for Omojuwa, you don't win a war by descending to the level of your foes. People should actually watch that video.
Re: Controversy Over Omojuwa's Comment On Gani by ochukoccna: 8:32am On Jun 05, 2013
Omo-who?
Its disingenous to compare twitter internet activism in the comfort of your room to protesting on the streets with bare hands in the face of koboko whips ,teargas cannisters and AK 47 bullets
Tunde Bakare's SNG hit the streets for Ebele to become acting president and during the fuel protests
Even Dino Melaye backs up his Facebook activism with street protests
Don't even ask Gani again, ask FELA, speak to the Mrs Joe Odumakin also ask your father and mother.
Nansense!

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Blocks Aso Drive, Rides In Convoy Of Over 30 Cars (watch Video) / "Yakubu Gowon Is Dead" - NTA Mistakenly Projects On Air / I Reject The Verdict Of The Presidential Election Tribunal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.