Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

The New Scam In Nigeria - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The New Scam In Nigeria (979 Views)

3 Nigerian Students Busted For Running Online 'love Scam' In Malaysia (pic) / Two Nigerians Arrested In Fake Currency Scam In The UAE (Photo) / Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Scam In Nigeria by Radiant(f): 11:20pm On May 01, 2008
A friend of mine forwarded this to my mail. It goes:

"I received this e-mail yesterday and it sent chills up my spine.
Please read this. It is not a joke.

Dear Friends,

I am hoping you will share this with your wives, daughters, mother, sisters, etc. Our world seems to be getting crazier by the day. Pipe bombs in mail boxes and sickos in parking lots with perfume. Be careful.

I was approached yesterday afternoon around 13:30 pm in a car park by two males who asked what kind of perfume I was wearing. Then they asked if I'd like to sample some fabulous scent they were willing to sell me at a very reasonable rate I probably would have agreed had I not received an e-mail some weeks ago warning of a 'Wanna smell this neat perfume?' scam.

Someone walks up to you at the malls or in parking lots and asking you to SNIFF PERFUME that they are selling at a cheap price.THIS IS NOT PERFUME, IT IS ETHER! When you sniff it, you'll pass out. They'll take your wallet, your valuables and heaven knows what else. The men continued to stand between parked cars, I guess to wait for someone else to hit on. I stopped a lady going towards them, pointing at them and told her about how I was sent an e-mail at work.
If it were not for this e-mail, I probably would have sniffed the 'PERFUME' but thanks to the
generosity of an e-mailing friend, I was spared whatever might have happened to me. I wanted to do the same for you".
Re: The New Scam In Nigeria by sheniqua: 11:24pm On May 01, 2008
This news old na!
They've since moved on to higher things like knocking people gbowai ! on the head.
No need to sniff anything.
Re: The New Scam In Nigeria by Radiant(f): 11:27pm On May 01, 2008
Lol. . it's old? shocked Just heard it.
Re: The New Scam In Nigeria by sheniqua: 11:29pm On May 01, 2008
I got that email about 2 years ago.
Why would any reasonable woman be sniffing and buying perfumes at a street corner?
Re: The New Scam In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 11:33pm On May 01, 2008
im just hearing it now and i go to nigeria regularly on hols,nigerians are so ingeneous and its a pity the extent people who otherwise should be gainfully employed will go to,
@poster thanks for the tip will try n pass it on as well and be extra careful when im in naij this year of "cme and buy perf"
Re: The New Scam In Nigeria by blush(f): 11:35pm On May 01, 2008
t'was sumthin that went on in d states for a while
not in nigeria tongue
Re: The New Scam In Nigeria by Radiant(f): 11:38pm On May 01, 2008
blush:

t'was sumthin that went on in d states for a while
not in nigeria tongue

So it can't happen in Nigeria?
Re: The New Scam In Nigeria by blush(f): 11:39pm On May 01, 2008
Radiant:

So it can't happen in Nigeria?

dunno, dont live in nig. but i do know for a fact that this email was generated from the states
Re: The New Scam In Nigeria by blush(f): 11:42pm On May 01, 2008
[size=16pt]HEEEEEYYYYYYY[/size]

my post was messed with
i didnt type that [i mean i typed that but not those exact words]

whasss goin on?
Re: The New Scam In Nigeria by Radiant(f): 11:51pm On May 01, 2008
lmao
Re: The New Scam In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 12:54am On May 02, 2008
most crimes in nigeria happened once upon a time abroad case in point"spanish letters,otherwise called 419 in the present form"
Re: The New Scam In Nigeria by vikiviko(m): 3:30pm On May 02, 2008
If you have a crime story or report, please forward story and reports to crimewatchnews@yahoo.com
Re: The New Scam In Nigeria by revenge(m): 6:12pm On Jun 13, 2008
dATONE NA SMALLTHING WE NO BE MUGU OOOOOO, MAYBE U FIT BE MUGU BUTAS FOR ME , LIE LIEtongue

(1) (Reply)

As A Judge,will You Sentence Your Mother To Death For Killing Your Father? / Amanda Knox: Guilty Or Innocent / Woman Caught Having Séx With A Man On Hospital Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.