Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Rooting Tecno F7 - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Rooting Tecno F7 (29294 Views)

Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) / Tecno N7, F7, Gionee E3, G2 Gpad & Infinix 450: Which Phone Is The Best One? / Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by abbeyseto(m): 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
was your device in android debugging when it happened?. if yes, lets fix

yes it was.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
abbeyseto:

Thanks. i have downloaded all necesarry file.
can you please walk me through the procedure to flash all these files using "sp flash tools v3.1224.0.sn85".

really appreciate your efforts!!

I'm on my way home... Will send it when i reach home
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by abbeyseto(m): 8:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
seunpayne:

I'm on my way home... Will send it when i reach home

i tried it and am getting

BROM ERROR:S_DA_SOC_CHECK_FAIL (3013)
[user]SOC Verification fail!

THE preloader also failed to load.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by abbeyseto(m): 9:44pm On Jun 13, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
was your device in android debugging when it happened?. if yes, lets fix

oga hollaslyd,
i think i'm now in a terrible situation, my f7 doesn't come on again, even when i plug it to charge while off, the battery animation is no more showing screen light is not even coming on again, every thing is dead. could that mean i will be the first to have a bricked F7?
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by elmobaba: 10:08pm On Jun 13, 2013
Wen u talked abt working connection,wat if i connect my laptop yo my phone via hotspot....will i still work
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by elmobaba: 10:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
@hollaslyd
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by bluebarz(m): 7:08am On Jun 14, 2013
abbeyseto:

oga hollaslyd,
i think i'm now in a terrible situation, my f7 doesn't come on again, even when i plug it to charge while off, the battery animation is no more showing screen light is not even coming on again, every thing is dead. could that mean i will be the first to have a bricked F7?

You're not the only one oh. Am facing the same issue right now as I type. I installed chain fire 3d pro on my F7 and it never rebooted past the boot logo (Tecno) screen. I have tried series of tutorials and mods on d net but I think it only made the fone worse as the fone no longer even comes on, but charges and shows the charging icon, I can't even access Reacovery anymore. Pls help, is there a way around this basically for Tecno F7 and not just a general procedure for MT6577 devices? I forgot to add that I evenb downloaded a Jelly bean 4.1.2 Rom of abt 348mb to try as an update.zip file and it didn't work. Pls help
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by janga(m): 7:38am On Jun 14, 2013
bluebarz:

You're not the only one oh. Am facing the same issue right now as I type. I installed chain fire 3d pro on my F7 and it never rebooted past the boot logo (Tecno) screen. I have tried series of tutorials and mods on d net but I think it only made the fone worse as the fone no longer even comes on, but charges and shows the charging icon, I can't even access Reacovery anymore. Pls help, is there a way around this basically for Tecno F7 and not just a general procedure for MT6577 devices? I forgot to add that I evenb downloaded a Jelly bean 4.1.2 Rom of abt 348mb to try as an update.zip file and it didn't work. Pls help
wtf??
To try as update.zip! Did u get a CWM recovery 2 instal dat or u re try
in to apply via stock recovey, it won't b possible without CWM
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by simplicit(m): 7:59am On Jun 14, 2013
Holla, my f7 don't brick oh, it only put Techno for screen and wount go away. This happened while installing chainfire...plz help me
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by simplicit(m): 8:13am On Jun 14, 2013
Holla no SEUN. pls i need ur whatsapp contacts
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by abbeyseto(m): 8:19am On Jun 14, 2013
simplicit: Holla, my f7 don't brick oh, it only put Techno for screen and wount go away. This happened while installing chainfire...plz help me

You guys don't follow post if you do u wouldn't have put yourselves in this mess, i posted 3 to 4 days ago that u should BEWARE!! of chainfie 3D!

abbeyseto: guys, yawa don gas o!!! After i rooted my f7, i was feeling fly so i decided to do some tweeking, i saw an app called "chainfire 3D" after installing and granting SuperUser acess, the app notified me to install some drivers which i did and i was prompted to reboot and that was it!!! my phone got stuck at the "tecno" screen at boot. it didn't even get to animation part.
I even treid factory reset from "Android recovery system", for where no improvement.

so guys beware!!! watch out for that app.

i need help to resolve this issue. ANY ANDROID GURU, ABEG HELP MY CONDITION.

My purpose of posting is not just to ask for help but to also caution others to prevent u guys from making the same mistake i made. but no,... all is in vain. two other people has fallen into the same ditch!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by simplicit(m): 8:50am On Jun 14, 2013
simplicit: Holla no SEUN. pls i need ur whatsapp contacts
i mean both of u
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by simplicit(m): 8:54am On Jun 14, 2013
no mind me jare, the last time i was here, was to knw how to root d bitch, i guess i was carried away by dat n didnt notice ur post. so hav u gotten solution to it nw?
abbeyseto:

You guys don't follow post if you do u wouldn't have put yourselves in this mess, i posted 3 to 4 days ago that u should BEWARE!! of chainfie 3D!

My purpose of posting is not just to ask for help but to also caution others to prevent u guys from making the same mistake i made. but no,... all is in vain. two other people has fallen into the same ditch!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by simplicit(m): 11:12am On Jun 14, 2013
holla where u dey na, i need stock rom for f7 o
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by bluebarz(m): 11:16am On Jun 14, 2013
janga:
wtf??
To try as update.zip! Did u get a CWM recovery 2 instal dat or u re try
in to apply via stock recovey, it won't b possible without CWM

I tried through update.zip, also tried stock rom recovery, it didn't work, downloaded a similar MT6577 rom from xda to flash it, it successfully flashed the rom to the device as was shown in the recovery but it didn't work still and this time it rada made it worse by not even being able to boot to recovery anymore. I have tried all I can so I just took it to the shop where it was purchased so they could resend it back to their major distributors then onward to Tecno Carlcare for servicing. They said the procress will take a month. It feels so bad having to stay without this Phantom baby for a whole month. If I had seen that Chainfire 3D ALERT!! God knows ma fone wuld have been very safe. Fone is just 6days old. Great phone it is.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by janga(m): 11:47am On Jun 14, 2013
men three pipu vs chainfire 3D, anyway wtf ar u tryin to do wid chainfire since its nt suppoeted on jellybeam except 2.3.6 gingerbread
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by bluebarz(m): 12:11pm On Jun 14, 2013
Am about getting anoder Phantom F7 (white) ryt now. Can't stay without that fone. Will dedicate the bricked one to F7 development when it gets back to me in a months time. Meanwhile I think we really need to read reviews about certain apps before installing them on our devices. God punish Chain Fire 3D.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by simplicit(m): 12:27pm On Jun 14, 2013
Their is dizzy guy I knw @ Techno, he said he will do it for me bt first m going to their calcareous center
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by twinskenny(m): 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
bluebarz: Am about getting anoder Phantom F7 (white) ryt now. Can't stay without that fone. Will dedicate the bricked one to F7 development when it gets back to me in a months time. Meanwhile I think we really need to read reviews about certain apps before installing them on our devices. God punish Chain Fire 3D.

I feel for u guysss
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by simplicit(m): 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
Their is dis guy i knw @ techno, i called him up n said he will do it for me...bt first m goin to calcare to knw wt dey will say
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 1:06pm On Jun 14, 2013
Wow... This is serious. I feel really bad for you guys. Work no gree me dey come here anyhow. Anyway... All hope aint lost. Holla me on whatsapp because i cant be constant here: 08068081502

1 Like

Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 1:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
I don't mean to be mean and insensitive. Forgive me if i give that vibe but the essence of a forum is so you can learn. If someone has posted that something is bad why will you go on an try it to?

Now the phone done brick and you need help but instead of waiting for help you try to tinker and make things worse. My number is up there. Holla but remember i am not God and i dont work for tecno. That means i may not solve your problem.

The first custom os will be out next week. For those of you that cant wait i beg you to chill till we have a working recovery so we dont run into more brick issues.

Happy modding. Btw anyone who knows how to use android kitchen should please contact me. I need an extra hand
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 4:55pm On Jun 14, 2013
For those who have bricked their phones I'm glad to tell you there is still hope.

First of all what group are you?
Group 1 u installed an app dat bricked d device

Group 2 u were in group 1 nd tried to fix the phone nd so now d tin no even on again sef...

Updated links in an hour. Stay tuned

Brenda v1.01.1 ready for upload

Happy modding

1 Like

Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by NIckyjay: 7:42pm On Jun 14, 2013
pls rom dump ohhh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by bluebarz(m): 9:51pm On Jun 14, 2013
seunpayne: For those who have bricked their phones I'm glad to tell you there is still hope.

First of all what group are you?
Group 1 u installed an app dat bricked d device

Group 2 u were in group 1 nd tried to fix the phone nd so now d tin no even on again sef...

Updated links in an hour. Stay tuned

Brenda v1.01.1 ready for upload

Happy modding

Thanks a lot. Am happy to have you here. I just bought another F7 this afternoon as the other one has been sent for repairs. Let's put our hands together to help this forum go forward in the development of the Tecno finest lady. Already got the new one rooted successfully.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by HOLLASLYD(m): 2:02pm On Jun 15, 2013
Cheiiii shocked I Don die what were u guys thinking o
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by HOLLASLYD(m): 2:06pm On Jun 15, 2013
abbeyseto:

oga hollaslyd,
What was the last thing you did
When you plug it into your PC, do you get any sound?
Give me answers
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by abbeyseto(m): 7:06pm On Jun 15, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
What was the last thing you did
When you plug it into your PC, do you get any sound?
Give me answers

i used sp flash tools to format the phone. that was the last thing i did.
AFTER THAT, I RAN SOME FEW TEST WITH SP FLASH TOOLS:

AND GOT THE FOLLOWING:

External RAM:

ERROR: External RAM was not detected!!

NAND Flash:

ERROR: NAND Flash was not detected!
RAM Test

SKIP! External RAM was not detected!
EMMC Test

EMMC Pattern Test(0x5A5A):

FAILED!!

Although i have returned it back to where i bought it and i was told they will send it to TECNO for repairs, that i will be billed if the fault is from me( which obviously is). was told to check back in two weeks.

i still hear sound when i plugged it in my PC.
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 7:50pm On Jun 15, 2013
Hmmm... Please o... Sp tools is for flashing not testing. If you run memory test you will brick your device as person above has done. It changes your filesystem from emmc to mtd which is misunderstood nd so ur phone wont boot.

Warning again... Dont run any memory test with flash tool
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 7:50pm On Jun 15, 2013
Hmmm... Please o... Sp tools is for flashing not testing. If you run memory test you will brick your device as person above has done. It changes your filesystem from emmc to mtd which is misunderstood nd so ur phone wont boot.

Warning again... Dont run any memory test with flash tool

Happy modding
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by seunpayne(m): 8:40pm On Jun 15, 2013
Just finished porting clockwork mod into brenda. Tested and working so I'm uploading it so everyone can get a taste and also because you will need it to flash my brenda v1.01.1 next week.

Steps:
1. Download mobile uncle from play store
2. Make sure your device is rooted and has debugging enabled
3. Download recovery image from here: recovery.zip - https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5j_NCLhSSvIX2hEeF9TMVRLTjg/edit?usp=docslist_api

4. Unzip to the root of your mem card
5. Now open mobile uncle and select d option recovery. Choose the recovery.img u extracted and it will ask you for permission to flash and the reboot.

6. Dazall

Remember i am not responsible if you brick your device (you wont if you follow d post but it has to be said)
Re: Rooting Tecno F7 by HOLLASLYD(m): 8:55pm On Jun 15, 2013
seunpayne: Just finished porting clockwork mod into brenda. Tested and working so I'm uploading it so everyone can get a taste and also because you will need it to flash my brenda v1.01.1 next week.

Steps:
1. Download mobile uncle from play store
2. Make sure your device is rooted and has debugging enabled
3. Download recovery image from here: recovery.zip - https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5j_NCLhSSvIX2hEeF9TMVRLTjg/edit?usp=docslist_api

4. Unzip to the root of your mem card
5. Now open mobile uncle an recovery. Choose the recovery.img u extracted and it will ask you for permission to flash and the reboot.

6. Dazall

Remember i am not responsible if you brick your device (you wont if you follow d post but it has to be said)

I ported teamwin recovery project I love it more
I built it from scratch. Not with the listed ones on uncle
I plan on bringing touch Wiz to f7

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Nigerian Network Has The Cheapest Call Tariff? / List Of Android Smartphones That Will Receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow / Airtel Users Get In Here I Just Got 2gb For 200 Valid For 14 Days See Prof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.