Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,447 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments (16030 Views)

EFCC Fixes Date For Jonathan's Arrest – Reportsafrique.com / Army Threatens To Move Against Shi’ite Leaders Over Alleged Inciting Comments / Arewa Youths Caution Buhari Over Inciting Statements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by fkaz(m): 6:33pm On Jun 04, 2013
BY CALEB AYANSINA
ABUJA – The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Tuesday, called for the arrest of the former Head of State and Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, (CPC), General (rtd) Muhammadu Buhari, following his frequent provocative statements.
The President of CAN, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, in a statement signed by his Media Assistant, Kenny Ashaka, and made available to Vanguard in Abuja, said that Buhari, having in various occasions justified the action of the sect…, therefore, he stands a big security threat to the country’s corporate existence.
Oritsejafor maintained that it was so unfortunate that when every Nigerian was praying for successful military onslaught on the insurgence, Buhari rather than sharing the same feeling with well-meaning Nigerians was busy indulging in careless statements, without regards for victims of the sect’s violence who were mostly Christians.
The statement read, “The retired General was widely reported by several national newspaper Correspondents, whomonitored the Liberty Radio programme “Guest of the week”,to have questioned the “special treatment” given to the Niger-Delta militants by the Federal Government while the Boko Haram members were being killed and their houses destroyed by government.
“They (the Niger-Delta militants) were trained in some skills and were given employment, but the ones in the north were being killed and their houses were being demolished. They are different issues. What brought this? It is injustice”, the former Head of State was quoted to have said.
“I cannot wish away the outburst of harshly critical statements, especially as some of them are directly related tothe defense of the Boko Haram sect whose members have continued to kill, maim Christians and burn Churches. I feel the pain inflicted on Christians living in the north is too deep for us in CAN to ignore any unsavoury statement that tend to portray innocent Christians who have been killed by the sect members as the aggressors.
“It is shocking that at a time well-meaning Nigerians are praying for the success of our soldiers, Buhari, rather than reflect the mood of the nation in his statements and conducts is indulging in careless statements without regards for victimsof the sect’s violence who are mostly Christians.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/inciting-statements-arrest-buhari-now-can-tells-jonathan/

2 Likes

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by ckkris: 6:45pm On Jun 04, 2013
Buhari has been tagged a dictator and will be very happy to be arrested, which will instantly make him an oppressed man, which will in turn win sympathisers for him, especially in southern Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by Policewoman(f): 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2013
He is a frustrated old man.

10 Likes

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 04, 2013
Buhari messed up with his recent statements giving credence to those that have referred to him as a religious bigot. I think he really need to keep quiet.

Anyway gej was first to defend mend after the October 1 bombing

13 Likes

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by kkkp: 7:20pm On Jun 04, 2013
Rubbish!! Who knws abt CAN during obasanjos regime? Make dey go sleep abeg..wetin join CAN wit politics

11 Likes

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by Garrithe1st: 7:21pm On Jun 04, 2013
CAN... The Christian arm of PDP has spoken!!!

Oya Ebelechukwu over to you..

17 Likes

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by touch4mony: 7:49pm On Jun 04, 2013
some malams are in the house,,if i may ask house many of ur place of worship was bombed and how many of ur worshipers died at mosque.9ja delta militant nvr attacked place of worship church or mosque they nvr target ordinary citizens everything they went for r linked to d government and not helpless citizens like them.let them attack the government and live citizens aloan.

15 Likes

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by austinsmat(m): 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2013
to hang buhari FG should give him more mic.

6 Likes

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by eyenCalabar(m): 10:09am On Jun 05, 2013
Must this CAN always make a statement in everything? I think they should learn to keep quite in some things. Yes, silence! That's the best answer to a fool like Buhari in this case. They should be careful please else their name would be change to can. Cans make noise like this. I see this statement as noise. Yes! Spurious voltage with little or no periodicity. It was just unnecessary.

6 Likes

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 05, 2013
not only arrest, they should go and hang that neggroid angry

1 Like

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by stonemind(f): 10:13am On Jun 05, 2013
i'v made the front page again!
Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by yuzedo: 10:14am On Jun 05, 2013
CAN MY FOOT!
grin grin grin grin grin grin
I miss OBJ. cry

4 Likes

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by henrychubayo: 10:15am On Jun 05, 2013
NOT A BAD SUGGESTION.

1 Like

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by omo9ja1(m): 10:16am On Jun 05, 2013
CAN please focus on the gospel need, help the poor, preach the gospel and stop been use as political tool

8 Likes

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by Aladinn(m): 10:17am On Jun 05, 2013
[quote author=kkkp]Rubbish!! Who knws abt CAN during obasanjos regime? Make dey go sleep abeg..wetin join CAN wit politics[/quote

Burahi need to be question over his unguarded utterances. Is that too much to ask by CAN? It's not every time we must politicize issues.

4 Likes

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by WizPrince1(m): 10:19am On Jun 05, 2013
You can decieve others but you can't decieve me. I know you're one of the sponsors of Boko Haram... The funny thing is that; is now that they want to get him arrested. Since 2011 when he made threat speech that Nigeria would be ungovernable if GEJ Wins!! And now what are we seeing...?

Hence, this has even poisoned some people's minds and they now hate GEJ irrespective of the Comments made by Buhari.
Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by ikchi: 10:19am On Jun 05, 2013
May God help Nigeria.
Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by ifebosco: 10:22am On Jun 05, 2013
buhari i have always supported you,but yesterday your message on boko haram was not good enough.

4 Likes

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 05, 2013
touch4mony: some malams are in the house,,if i may ask house many of ur place of worship was bombed and how many of ur worshipers died at mosque.9ja delta militant nvr attacked place of worship church or mosque they nvr target ordinary citizens everything they went for r linked to d government and not helpless citizens like them.let them attack the government and live citizens aloan.
You have spoken well my dear.

2 Likes

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by gerald09(m): 10:23am On Jun 05, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen of Nigeria I introduce u to Nigerian christianity, rather than help provide peace in a puddle of hate n division, they are promoting hate in a puddle of hate n division. And una wonder y I don't go to church. And una wonder y d catholic church wanted to leave. He finks by saying dis it will bring justice, dis only hypes d anxiety already in d country.

1 Like

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by lacasa: 10:23am On Jun 05, 2013
This Oritsejafor is a misfit! He has so soon politicised his position. Atleast I can now see why a revered group like the "Catholics" had to part ways with the Oritsejafor "Christian Association of Nigeria Political Party (CANPP)".

I wonder if he has suddenly become the NSA or DG SSS or DG NIA! When will he face his task and stop meddling in the nation's'political trend?

Btw what Buhari said and what Dokubo recently said which one is more threatening as a nation? It is sad that i share same country with this "she-goat" called Oritsejafor!!!

11 Likes

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by Strongfaze(m): 10:23am On Jun 05, 2013
kkkp: Rubbish!! Who knws abt CAN during obasanjos regime? Make dey go sleep abeg..wetin join CAN wit politics
na wo ooo. Bt i tot d imposition of tax is a political one? Members of CAN are tax payers so dey have the full right to deir opinion.
Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by theripper3: 10:24am On Jun 05, 2013
Christians are dying, churches are being bombed to smithereens in the North and u say CAN should keep quiet, should dey wait till christians become extinct in the north before they chastise careless and inane talkers like Buhari and his cohorts.

Dat Katsina Almajiri should be gagged with a duct tape.

13 Likes

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by xxyz17(m): 10:26am On Jun 05, 2013
**Who wants to be a millionaire with Frank Edoho**
Question 6 for 20 million

What is the best possible way to end Muhammadu Buhari's polical career?
A- Arrest him
B- Assasinate him
C- Give him a mic
D- Sue him to court

5 Likes

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by DJDOLA(m): 10:27am On Jun 05, 2013
Its all good
Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by guccimilan(m): 10:27am On Jun 05, 2013
[quote author=kkkp]Rubbish!! Who knws abt CAN during obasanjos regime? Make dey go sleep abeg..wetin join CAN wit politics[/quote

you must be out of touch for saying this may be none of ur relations were killed by the boko haram in the north.
you didnt. hear of many killed during church services in the north that were CAN comes in ok! !!!!!!!!
Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 05, 2013
He needs to be circumsized so that we can actually know his problem undecided

1 Like

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by bobthebuilder99(m): 10:27am On Jun 05, 2013
As an ACN supporter, I have to say that I hope Buhari stays out of the race. We need real progressives, not the same people from 1914.

Like if you want to see a young performer like Fashola as the APC candidate in 2015!

3 Likes

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by PHIPEX(m): 10:29am On Jun 05, 2013
I don't support and will never support Buhari but this CAN's statement is unwholesome. Their statements these days are becoming too political for my liking, they should know when and how to talk. After arresting Buhari for expressing his opinion what next?

1 Like

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by kheart(m): 10:35am On Jun 05, 2013
the fourth arm of government has spoken.

4 Likes

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by hotwax: 10:36am On Jun 05, 2013
Buhari fall my hand big time. I am his fan. But I am reconsidering him now. SMH

2 Likes

Re: CAN To Jonathan: Arrest Buhari Over Inciting Comments by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 05, 2013
Those of you condemning CAN for its action I wonder how y'all reason.so all the churches bombed and christains killed isn't enough reason to make this CAN's business?can y'all say in honsety that the moslem leaders would have kept quiet if mosques were attacked this way.wiht the father of terrorist coming out to make public statements against them.your ways of reasoning can be quite astounding.

24 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Revealed : The Biological Mother Of President Jonathans’ Children / That Atiku Speaks Fulfulde Doesn’t Make Him A Fulani —miyetti Allah / Julius Abure Remains Our National Chairman - NLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.