Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi (1992 Views)

S’court Ruling: Nobody Can Steal My Mandate, Says Wike / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari / “Nigerians didn’t Vote for You to Give Excuses” - PDP To PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by bashydemy(m): 11:26am On Jun 05, 2013
Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State on Tuesday expressed his determination to continue in office as chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, NGF, saying his mandate was authorized by majority of state governors.

Speaking at the NGF secretariat in Abuja on Tuesday, the governor said that he will not bow to pressure to relinquish the position to his Plateau State counterpart, Governor Jonah Jang, whom he maintained was defeated in the election.

He also reassured staff at the office that the ongoing crisis will not affect the regular payment of their salaries.

In his words: “I think that as a secretariat, you should forget the internal dynamics of the politics of NGF.

“We are colleagues. When we talk among ourselves, you will understand that there are underlining factors that are making them to behave the way they are behaving, that you cannot take away.

“It is usually things that happen sometimes. It is beyond the control of the chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum. But either way, be rest assured of your salaries.

He called on members of Governor Jang’s faction to return to the fold, insisting that there can never be two secretariats of the NGF.

When asked if he will surrender his re-election, Governor Amaechi replied sharply saying: “No, no, no. That is a mandate that was freely given and I will stick to that mandate.

“The election has come and gone. It was a test for democracy and democracy won at the end of the day.

“All we can do as democrats that were elected by the people is to uphold democracy and stand by democracy. I honestly do not know why the disagreement. I don’t know why.

“I believe that my brothers and colleagues will see reason why we should stop distracting the country and get the country united, to focus on development because at the end of the day, it is about legacy, it is about what we will leave behind for the people.”

Amaechi also warned politicians to be careful so that the ongoing crisis does not affect the 2015 election, insisting that Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State voted during the controversial election.

He said: “Again, tell my brother, Mimiko, that he voted. If he still says he did not vote, I am willing to go with him to his Church, Redeemed Church, we kneel on the alter and say it before God.

Amechi also said: “I want to urge Jang, because he said he is Christian, to know that God watches over everybody and whatever you say, say it according to God because beyond NGF, you and I know that there is heaven and you can’t go to heaven if you don’t tell the truth and stand by the truth.

“I am not saying he is not saying the truth, I am not saying he is not standing by the truth, I am just saying that nobody can go to heaven when he is not saying the truth.

“There is no special benefit that the Nigeria Governors’ Forum chairman is getting.

“I don’t see why there is this disagreement. When I read them saying I am desperate, desperate for what?
“I am only proving a point that Nigerians are allowed to run for any post they want to run.

“And when they do and they are elected, they should stick to their mandates. That is the only point.

“My brothers, who are complaining not about the election, should come back and let’s work together. They must be willing, just as we are willing, to accept.
“It is not really a battle. It is about God. I usually tell people, don’t win the battle and lose the war.

“I think all of us should come together and work for the interest of the nation and for the interest of the poor masses.
“We should not allow our personal interest to override that of the nation.
“It is important we consider the interest of the nation.”

While restating his respect for President Goodluck Jonathan, the NGF chairman, however, insisted that only the governors that gave him the mandate could ask him to step aside.
He said: “When we say President, it is because he is the President of the country and all of us must be loyal to him.

“But my employers are the governors. If they wake up tomorrow and say chairman, you have to go, then I will go. But they must wake up and say so. Not somebody saying it on their behalf.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/06/05/ngf-i-wont-give-up-my-mandate-i-dare-mimiko-to-tell-god-he-didnt-vote-amaechi/
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by Desola(f): 11:35am On Jun 05, 2013
Is it any surprise that most of these crooks including their oga at the top all worship at the Redeemed Church?

Is it still mind boggling why Adeboye refused to speak on the issues bedeviling the country?
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by bashydemy(m): 11:52am On Jun 05, 2013
Abi oooo why choose to go to RCCG, the last time i check i think Mimiko is a Muslim, Well i would rather they go to obatala or Sango or Ogun
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by kunlekunle: 11:57am On Jun 05, 2013
let he that heareth, knoweth that 2015 was decided in the gov forum election.
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by bashydemy(m): 11:59am On Jun 05, 2013
^^ Exactly and that's why GEJ want his men to control both the PDPGF and NGF
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by Demdem(m): 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2013
Wonderful speech from Amaechi. So mimiko voted grin grin grin
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by tomakint: 12:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
Someone, somewhere is definitely not saying the truth, I think Mimiko needs to talk now or never!
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by figment232(m): 12:39pm On Jun 05, 2013
Demdem: Wonderful speech from Amaechi. So mimiko voted grin grin grin
RUBBISH
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by bashydemy(m): 12:40pm On Jun 05, 2013
I so much like Ameachi, he waited for all of them to do there yeye and childish meeting and ranting finish before him come out hahaha. oya make all the Governors come and talk if them no vote starting from Akpabio,Jang,Mimiko, etc
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by bashydemy(m): 12:43pm On Jun 05, 2013
figment232: RUBBISH
What is the rubbish about the comment dint he vote?
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by bashydemy(m): 12:44pm On Jun 05, 2013
Front page please Mod
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by Demdem(m): 12:48pm On Jun 05, 2013
figment232: RUBBISH

ur kind cant see any sense in such. Its understandable. grin grin
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by Geomac: 12:50pm On Jun 05, 2013
Desola: Is it any surprise that most of these crooks including their oga at the top all worship at the Redeemed Church?

Is it still mind boggling why Adeboye refused to speak on the issues bedeviling the country?

+1000
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by bashydemy(m): 12:59pm On Jun 05, 2013
Demdem:

ur kind cant see any sense in such. Its understandable. grin grin
Don't mind that yeye person jare. Team Ameachi
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by malc619(m): 1:17pm On Jun 05, 2013
bashy_demy: I so much like Ameachi, he waited for all of them to do there yeye and childish meeting and ranting finish before him come out hahaha. oya make all the Governors come and talk if them no vote starting from Akpabio,Jang,Mimiko, etc

Don't mind Akpabio and his gang of riggers...
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by touch4mony: 1:34pm On Jun 05, 2013
Amechi is saying the truth but let him quote where in their constitution where guardlines for elections was provide cos u cant conduct an election if ur constitution does not have provision fo it.so if ur conducting an election what are d guardlines
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by Desola(f): 1:39pm On Jun 05, 2013
touch4mony: Amechi is saying the truth but let him quote where in their constitution where guardlines for elections was provide cos u cant conduct an election if ur constitution does not have provision fo it.so if ur conducting an election what are d guardlines

Then the hypocritIcal governors should have stood by their supposed constitution and unequivocally refused to vote. By conceding to the voting system, they accept it not only by implication but also by conduct.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by bashydemy(m): 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2013
touch4mony: Amechi is saying the truth but let him quote where in their constitution where guardlines for elections was provide cos u cant conduct an election if ur constitution does not have provision fo it.so if ur conducting an election what are d guardlines
Well you might be right but in a situation whereby we have more than one contestant and none of them want to step down for each other then what are they going to do? election and that is exactly what happened.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by baby124: 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
Desola:

Then the hypocritIcal governors should have stood by their supposed constitution and unequivocally refused to vote. By conceding to the voting system, they accept it not only by implication but also by conduct.

Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by franchizy(m): 6:14pm On Jun 05, 2013
And Jesus wept. I can now see why christ wept. Amaechi's speech is a big challenge 4 d pro- Johnathan Governors.

I await there reaction to dis.
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by bashydemy(m): 6:30pm On Jun 05, 2013
^^ Same here patiently waiting for there reaction haha.
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by dayokanu(m): 6:38pm On Jun 05, 2013
Mimiko is an absolute disgrace

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by Tigerhead: 6:39pm On Jun 05, 2013
Ameachi is just making noise. The other govs have made their stand clear and have gone about their businesses. No one is going to waste time with Amaexhi. He should call a meeting f his governors, that is what the others are waiting for.
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by Ufeolorun(m): 7:40pm On Jun 05, 2013
dayokanu: Mimiko is an absolute disgrace
He only reinforced what has been said about him; a shockingly dishonest 'odale' individual..The same treatment was meted out to him by this same pdp and people came to his rescue ,now he's one of the arrow heads of another onslaught against a single individual,same tactics.
I thought his opposition to acn is because he had better ideas and he wants to be his own man.no real man will queue behind a confused and incapable leader,I am ashamed of him.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by dayokanu(m): 7:44pm On Jun 05, 2013
^^ Exactly

When the same PDP used Agagu to take away his mandate was it not how Tinubu and co fought for him to regain it

Now the same thing PDP did to him, He is now doing to others

No wahala O ma ba eru e nibode

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by otokx(m): 7:49pm On Jun 05, 2013
There is nothing more to be said, the guys voted and lost now they are telling us tales by beer light.
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by superior1: 8:07pm On Jun 05, 2013
Desola: Is it any surprise that most of these crooks including their oga at the top all worship at the Redeemed Church?

And they needed Adeboye to tell them stealing is not good, are you saying must of Nigerian politicians are Christians, what of the muslim crooks

Abeg face the koko of the matter joor
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by ochukoccna: 9:12pm On Jun 05, 2013
Mature reaction from Amaechi
Kudos

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by bashydemy(m): 11:22pm On Jun 05, 2013
I wonder why this thread no enter FP, Moderators una dey bias oo
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 05, 2013
oya daddy adeboye...dem don call your church...dah mouth you no dey gree open must open today....carry your bible come swear for amaechi and mimiko....buh which parish dem go use sef
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by musiwa26: 1:56am On Jun 06, 2013
cheesy
Re: I Won’t Give Up My Mandate; I Dare Mimiko To Tell God He Didn’t Vote – Amaechi by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 06, 2013
Result so far;
GEJ/Akpabio/Jang = 1
Rotimi Amaechi = 2

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Tops Debt List Of States In Nigeria -see Full List / Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West / Jonathan ‘s Reply To Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.