Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,309 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West (1992 Views)

Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. / Senate Presidency: David Mark Under Pressure To Join APC / Rivers State VS Rwanda: Why Amaechi Should Is An Underachiever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by akin7686(m): 4:00pm On Dec 08, 2013
Former Petroleum Minster, Professor Tam David-West, has warned the Peoples’
Democratic Party (PDP) against declaring vacant the seats of its five governors, who recently defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC) using the instrumentality of the court.
There have been reports that the Presidency and PDP are assembling a team of highly experienced SANs that will look for loopholes to exploit in faulting the defection of Governors Abdulfatah Ahmed (Kwara), Aliyu Wammako (Sokoto), Murtala Nyako (Adamawa), Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano) and
Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers) to the opposition just as APC raised the alarm last week that it had uncovered a plot by the presidency/PDP to shop for a judge that will do the hatchet job of making judicial pronouncement that will pave way for the removal of the affected governors from office.
But Prof. David-West, who spoke with Sunday Independent, warned that any court that allows itself to be used for such illegality was not only irresponsible, but reckless.
He further warned on the dangers of ousting the governors illegally, saying going contrary to the provisions of the relevant section(s) of the 1999 constitution on the removal of elected governors from office could plunge the country into chaos.
In his words: “Pardon my immodesty, I’m saying this not because I was one of the 50 men that drafted the constitution.
I read the constitution again to bring out the section of the constitution that make nonsense of what they are talking about. “They are talking rubbish. They are talking nonsense. They cannot do it. PDP cannot declare any seat of a governor that defect vacant.
“I refer to Section 68 and Section 109 of the Constitution. It’s clear that if there is division within the party and certain members of that party feel that they don’t agree with what the party is doing, they can go to any party and still maintain their
tenure till the end.
“Originally, it was meant for only governors. Then the lawmakers also wanted to be part of it, so they amended it for the lawmakers too”, he said
When asked to comment whether the earlier ruling of an Abuja High Court which recognised the Bamanga Tukur-led National Working Committee as the authentic PDP could not be used by lawyers to argue that there is no faction in the PDP, he said: “Did that same court say the G7 is proscribed?
”That judgment was open ended. They said there is only one PDP; the court is right because the PDP is registered with INEC.
“The New PDP was not registered. So the court is right. At the same time, the court was very careful. It didn’t say by this we now proscribe the New PDP. So, New PDP exists. “Even the judge tacitly recognised that there is a faction in PDP that is why he said there is one PDP registered with INEC. It
never said by this, we hereby proscribe the New PDP,” he said.
David-West added: “They (G7) are very clever. They first established that there is a faction.
“They created the faction and stayed long enough, thereby they are protected by the constitution.
“The moment they left, they never said they have created a new party. They stayed and always said they were members of the New PDP. They are very clever”.
The former minister also took a swipe at the Presidency for frustrating the World Bank/Africa Development Bank (ADB) loan meant for providing potable water for Rivers State
indigenes saying, “Look at the case of ADB; [Rotimi]
Amaechi wants to bring to the state pipe borne water. Since it is foreign loan, the Federal Government must guarantee.
“Rivers State has satisfied its own part of the deal completely. It’s left for the Minister of Finance to sign for the Federal Government.
”She refused to sign. They are given stupid excuse that they are still studying it. What are you studying? This has to do with the lives of the people.
“And Jonathan had two million votes from the people and yet they are punishing them. They think they are hurting Amaechi. But by doing this, they are making Amaechi popular”.
He said Amaechi has always gained the upper hand against the presidency in all their purported squabbles simply because the governor is grossly underrated.
“They underrated Amaechi that is why they are in trouble. Amaechi is very brilliant. He has a lot of people that are doing research for him. I know this as a close admirer and friend of
his.
“Amaechi has a body of people that do research for him. Every serious leader has what they call think tank. I had, Buhari had. Every serious leader has. Babangida had.
“Amaechi is always ahead of them in vision, thinking, plan, and strategy. He has powerful group of intellectuals that are working for him.
“They do a lot of research for him. They meet and analyze a situation before he steps out,” David-West added.
Source: www.informationng.com/2013/12/why-amaechis-always-a-step-ahead-of-presidency-david-west.html

3 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by Kanwulia: 4:10pm On Dec 08, 2013
The dude surprised me o!
I am pleasantly impressed with his GAMBIT mentality! kiss
I still fear for his life with those APC TOUTS! kiss
Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 08, 2013
See internet back-hand slap by David West grin grin grin

Jonathan is surrounded by sycophants and praise singers. GEJ is a political kindergatener. GEJ is a mismatch for Amaechi. Imagine GEJ and Amaechi in a Presidential debate. Suicide mission for GEJ.

GEJ opponents are a lot smarter and surrounded by political think thanks. There you have it......

3 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by israel007: 4:15pm On Dec 08, 2013
Amaechi is dinning with the devil but doesn't have the know-how. I'm sure he'll come to his senses when the frog-eyed bites him

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by phantom(m): 4:31pm On Dec 08, 2013
israel007: Amaechi is dinning with the devil but doesn't have the know-how. I'm sure he'll come to his senses when the frog-eyed bites him
please which devil is he dining with? Please stop making useless posts.when i told you people that the rivers gov was light years ahead of your president, y'all thought i was joking.lol.If jonathan and pdp have the b.alls let em go ahead and declare their seats vacant.animals!

5 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by phantom(m): 4:32pm On Dec 08, 2013
israel007: Amaechi is dinning with the devil but doesn't have the know-how. I'm sure he'll come to his senses when the frog-eyed bites him
please which devil is he dining with? Please stop making useless posts.when i told you people that the rivers gov was light years ahead of your president politically, y'all thought i was joking.lol.If jonathan and pdp have the b.alls let em go ahead and declare their seats vacant.animals!

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by JulianBond007: 4:49pm On Dec 08, 2013
Bravo! Bravo Mr. West! You have spoken well like a wise man that your are. He who has ears,let him hear.

3 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by captainbraide: 4:53pm On Dec 08, 2013
phantom: please which devil is he dining with? Please stop making useless posts.when i told you people that the rivers gov was light years ahead of your president politically, y'all thought i was joking.lol.If jonathan and pdp have the b.alls let em go ahead and declare their seats vacant.animals!
phantom: please which devil is he dining with? Please stop making useless posts.when i told you people that the rivers gov was light years ahead of your president politically, y'all thought i was joking.lol.If jonathan and pdp have the b.alls let em go ahead and declare their seats vacant.animals!
My friend you dont even know what is happening.The stage is getting set,just wait and see what is going to happen.

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by ujoinme: 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
The only proof of amaechi being ahead of jonathan will be in 2015, If amaechi becomes president or vice president of Nigeria, or his new party is able to out rig PDP from power then can we say he was a step ahead of the president. For now even when Amaechi wins some battles he is definitely loosing the war!

2 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by churchmind: 5:05pm On Dec 08, 2013
Wen ex-criminal r backing a sitting criminal it amuse me which mean he's on a payroll just doing d job witout having rethink,maybe d vibe is comingout his anus nt his head

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
I'm so much interested in sections 68 and 109 that prevent any punitive measure being taken against those that decamp in the NASS. The "insistence" of Sule Lamido and Babangida Aliyu that they remain in the PDP, though nPDP could be a strategy to make it appear that even though G5 had left there still are factions in the PDP headed by the two governors. This will give those in the NASS wanting to move to the APC a soft landing. Choi! These men bäd.

3 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by OsunOriginal: 6:06pm On Dec 08, 2013
ujoinme: The only proof of amaechi being ahead of jonathan will be in 2015, If amaechi becomes president or vice president of Nigeria, or his new party is able to out rig PDP from power then can we say he was a step ahead of the president. For now even when Amaechi wins some battles he is definitely loosing the war!

You can only rig where you are popular. For Gej, he will be able to do this in SE and SS. Unfortunately, SW votes alone is more than enough to neutralise whatever manipulation the creek people and those from SE villages do. Tell me how GEJ will rig in the north - he may not even be able to campaign there.

2 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by plaindealer: 6:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
Thanks to Ogbeni West for confirming this known fact. The kindergarten president threw everything in his kitchen at Amaechi including daily harassment by his Police aparatus in Rivers, his shepo wife, his education minister aka local thug and other worthless public officials, but Amaechi is not only still standing, he's also still a thousand steps ahead of the kindergarten president...

5 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by ujoinme: 6:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
OsunOriginal:

You can only rig where you are popular. For Gej, he will be able to do this in SE and SS. Unfortunately, SW votes alone is more than enough to neutralise whatever manipulation the creek people and those from SE villages do. Tell me how GEJ will rig in the north - he may not even be able to campaign there.

like i said 2015 will be the judgement day where the politics of Amaechi with his gang of new friends and the politics of jonathan will be put to trial in the court of nigeria public opinion to decide. So my advice is to hold your breath till then.

3 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 08, 2013
Orlando Owoh: I'm so much interested in sections 68 and 109 that prevent any punitive measure being taken against those that decamp in the NASS. The "insistence" of Sule Lamido and Babangida Aliyu that they remain in the PDP, though nPDP could be a strategy to make it appear that even though G5 had left there still are factions in the PDP headed by the two governors. This will give those in the NASS wanting to move to the APC a soft landing. Choi! These men bäd.

That is the idea....and that is what is confusing the people in PDP. It would have been suicidal and game over if they've all defected en masse at the same time. Those that remained have to keep creating the semblance of fractional party till an auspicious time for everyone to jump out of the sinking ship...leaving the wreckage for the SS/SE people to hold on.

PDP has finished it own mission in the Nigeria project....it's time to move on.
Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2013
sincerenigerian: See internet back-hand slap by David West grin grin grin

Jonathan is surrounded by sycophants and praise singers. GEJ is a political kindergatener. GEJ is a mismatch for Amaechi. Imagine GEJ and Amaechi in a Presidential debate. Suicide mission for GEJ.

GEJ opponents are a lot smarter and surrounded by political think thanks. There you have it......

Obviously, you don't know what you are saying.

Those prodigal governors are just bunch of selfish touts who does not care about you and your likes.

So far, Mr President has shown that he's gat foresight, he's on a mission that he will accomplish and he's gat great vision as well.

I'd rather you start praying for him instead of this bashing that is and will always be of no impact.

A word they say, is enough for the wise?

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2013
Well said prof. Gej lacks foresight which is d hall mark of a great leader he should av seen all this coming, bt rather he prefers to take d words of professional praise singers in his kitchen cabinent that he is incharge .

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2013
ujoinme:

like i said 2015 will be the judgement day where the politics of Amaechi with his gang of new friends and the politics of jonathan will be put to trial in the court of nigeria public opinion to decide. So my advice is to hold your breath till then.
Rotimi Amaechi has nothing to lose in 2015, he is a second term governor, except he is eyeing the Senate. But for your President, he should just forget it and be like the Mandela Doyin Okupe described him as.

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:48pm On Dec 08, 2013
ilugunboy:

That is the idea....and that is what is confusing the people in PDP. It would have been suicidal and game over if they've all defected en masse at the same time. Those that remained have to keep creating the semblance of fractional party till an auspicious time for everyone to jump out of the sinking ship...leaving the wreckage for the SS/SE people to hold on.

PDP is dead. I was listening to Senator Adeyeye on the floor of the house. He said members of the PDP would become the opposition soon. He knew what he was saying.
Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by AbujafarImam: 8:56pm On Dec 08, 2013
ujoinme: The only proof of amaechi being ahead of jonathan will be in 2015, If amaechi becomes president or vice president of Nigeria, or his new party is able to out rig PDP from power then can we say he was a step ahead of the president. For now even when Amaechi wins some battles he is definitely loosing the war!
Can u see hw cancerous yr mentality is?
u r already thinking of riggn now...
Insufferable bootliker
Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by ujoinme: 9:00pm On Dec 08, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Rotimi Amaechi has nothing to lose in 2015, he is a second term governor, except he is eyeing the Senate. But for your President, he should just forget it and be like the Mandela Doyin Okupe described him as.

Your pretentious naivety leaves little to the imagination. If Amaechi has nothing to loose why is he dissenting? could his dissent not be unconnected to the fact that he perceives the impending probe to his mismanagement of Rivers state commonwealth once his immunity expires? Is this not why he is fighting GEJ cos he knows that Wike is ratting on him on all the corrupt deals he made while they were together?

Amaechi knows he is going down thats why he is forming alliance with APC to sink PDP so he can escape unscathe. for this i wish him and his new Gang luck in 2015.

If his camp fails in 2015 his end will be worse than Ibori.

2 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by ujoinme: 9:06pm On Dec 08, 2013
AbujafarImam:
Can u see hw cancerous yr mentality is?
u r already thinking of riggn now...
Insufferable bootliker

Is rigging not the stock of trade of all political parties in Nigeria? your label is what psychologist refer to as Projection. If you didnt have a cancerous mentality you would have acknowledge the fact that all political parties in Nigeria deals in rigging PDP,APC,CPC, ANPP, DPP ,ACN ,AD etc etc
Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:08pm On Dec 08, 2013
ilugunboy:

That is the same strategy Rhino.5 used against Sexkillz. He created four threads, out of which two were against Sexkillz while the rest two were in support of him. Unknown to Sexkillz, whom he described as a goat, he (Sexkillz) was quoting and liking the handles in his support.
Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by plaindealer: 9:15pm On Dec 08, 2013
ujoinme:

Your pretentious naivety leaves little to the imagination. If Amaechi has nothing to loose why is he dissenting? could his dissent not be unconnected to the fact that he perceives the impending probe to his mismanagement of Rivers state commonwealth once his immunity expires? Is this not why he is fighting GEJ cos he knows that Wike is ratting on him on all the corrupt deals he made while they were together?

Amaechi knows he is going down thats why he is forming alliance with APC to sink PDP so he can escape unscathe. for this i wish him and his new Gang luck in 2015.

.....but staying, playing nice, keeping your mouth shut and dealing with the status quo means you have something to lose while dissenting, standing by your own principles and going your own way regardless means you have nothing to lose... Makes no sense.

It's the other way around...

btw, why are you making up dooms day prediction for his camp in 2015 after admonishing people to wait till 2015 before doing such...? Are you trying to have it both ways or this is just deception and hypocrisy on your part..?
Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:18pm On Dec 08, 2013
ujoinme:

Stop beating about the bush. Where is Amaechi dissenting? Has he said he wants to leave APC. The President may be using state bodies against perceived enemies, Amaechi is not afraid. The President shouldn't be surprised when he becomes the first former President to be senteced (27 years). He will thus live up to his expection and that of Okupe of being the Mandela of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by AbujafarImam: 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
emmy-richie:

Obviously, you don't know what you are saying.

Those prodigal governors are just bunch of selfish touts who does not care about you and your likes.

So far, Mr President has shown that he's gat foresight, he's on a mission that he will accomplish and he's gat great vision as well.

I'd rather you start praying for him instead of this bashing that is and will always be of no impact.

A word they say, is enough for the wise?

typical of a sycophant!
Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by ujoinme: 9:24pm On Dec 08, 2013
plaindealer:

.....but staying, playing nice, keeping your mouth shut and dealing with the status quo means you have something to lose while dissenting, standing by your own principles and going your own way regardless means you have nothing to lose... Makes no sense.

It's the other way around...

btw, why are you making up dooms day prediction for his camp in 2015 after admonishing people to wait till 2015 before doing such...? Are you trying to have it both ways or this is just deception and hypocrisy on your part..?

dont make me laugh, What principles does amaechi have? you mean the principles of using the rivers state commonwealth to sponsor APC just to satisfy his ego to the detriment of the people that gave him the mandate?
do you think that that why rivers indigene gave him their mandate? He was given the mandate based on his performance in his first term, they all hoped that he will do even more on his second term as he promised, and so far as we speak he is yet to initiate or commission any project in his second term.

His only accomplishment this second term is on the pages of news papers fighting GEJ and his administration. Amaechi is a narcissist and 2015 will be his waterloo.

2 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by plaindealer: 9:59pm On Dec 08, 2013
ujoinme:

dont make me laugh, What principles does amaechi have? you mean the principles of using the rivers state commonwealth to sponsor APC just to satisfy his ego to the detriment of the people that gave him the mandate?

Sounds more like your ignorant and partisan opinion, at least till you support that gossip or made up accusations with credible facts which I know you can not do even to save your own life..

do you think that that why rivers indigene gave him their mandate?

Obviously, they did. Didn't hey put him in office 2 x? They are yet to revolt against him even with all the rubbish the thugs and clowns in Abuja threw at him..

He was given the mandate based on his performance in his first term.
they all hoped that he will do even more on his second term as he promised, and so far as we speak he is yet to initiate or commission any project in his second term.

His only accomplishment this second term is on the pages of news papers fighting GEJ and his administration. Amaechi is a narcissist and 2015 will be his waterloo. [/quote]

This is the falsehood you people peddle all over the place.

Amaechi commissioned a new Ultra Modern Waste Plant months ago

Kelsey Harrison Hospital and Dental and Mixillo Facial Clinic were started and completed during his second tenure

180 mw power plant at Afam was also completed in the same second tenure with tenure

He commissioned 250 primary schools just last year

With the above, please keep your lies to yourself...

The question is. GEJ was a governor just like Amaechi, show us one classroom he built while in office. I know you cant so don't bother..

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by ujoinme: 10:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
plaindealer:

Sounds more like your ignorant and partisan opinion, at least till you support that gossip or made up accusations with credible facts which I know you can not do even to save your own life..

Obviously, they did. Didn't hey put him in office 2 x? They are yet to revolt against him even with all the rubbish the thugs and clowns in Abuja threw at him..

His only accomplishment this second term is on the pages of news papers fighting GEJ and his administration. Amaechi is a narcissist and 2015 will be his waterloo.

This is the falsehood you people peddle all over the place.

Amaechi commissioned a new Ultra Modern Waste Plant months ago

Kelsey Harrison Hospital and Dental and Mixillo Facial Clinic were started and completed during his second tenure

180 mw power plant at Afam was also completed in the same second tenure with tenure

He commissioned 250 primary schools just last year

With the above, please keep your lies to yourself...

The question is. GEJ was a governor just like Amaechi, show us one classroom he built while in office. I know you cant so don't bother..

Save your tall tales of fake timeline of project commissioning by amaechi for his new APC Frenemies who do not know where port harcourt is and do not know the real amaechi, for they are the only ones that believe his hype the rivers people know the truth about Amaechi.

The fact that he has lost focus in this second term and failed to perform his duties as a governor has not gone un noticed by the residence of rivers state and they will speak when 2015 comes along.

2 Likes

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by plaindealer: 11:21pm On Dec 08, 2013
ujoinme:

Save your tall tales of fake timeline of project commissioning by amaechi for his new APC Frenemies who do not know where port harcourt is and do not know the real amaechi, for they are the only ones that believe his hype the rivers people know the truth about Amaechi.

The fact that he has lost focus in this second term and failed to perform his duties as a governor has not gone un noticed by the residence of rivers state and they will speak when 2015 comes along.

1. You lied and I corrected you. He did way more in his second term than any governor in that region did in 2 terms. Prove me wrong or keep quiet.

2.You are right, the people of Rivers know their governor hence still standing by him regardless of all the kitchen pans and pots your aimless and incompetent president threw at him.

3. I remember challenging you to show us one classroom GEJ built when he was a governor just like Amaechi, but you conveniently ignored that request for obvious reasons, you can not who us anything that incompetent man did as a governor.

4. Amaechi delivered more than all the governors in that region combined and if you have liver, try prove me wrong and get clowned and disgraced..

Your evil 2015 wish didn't manifest today with all the presidential machinery and his wife's shameful and unbecoming ways so your 2015 prediction remains DOA and worthless...

1 Like

Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
Tam West is a disgrace to the entire Ijaw nation.

Jona will remain presido till 2019 QED
Re: Why Amaechi Is Always Ahead Of Presidency. ~david West by ikhuoria2(m): 12:07am On Dec 09, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan ‘s Reply To Obasanjo / The Unethical Selection Of The New Uniabuja VC / Criticisms Against Oshiomhole Unfair – Edo PDP Chieftain Reacted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.