Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Nairalanders Nosegbe,batman And Others Quoted In Punch Newspapers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairalanders Nosegbe,batman And Others Quoted In Punch Newspapers (608 Views)

Obanikoro Sues Sahara Reporters, Premium Times & Punch Newspapers / Oby Ezekwesili Blasts Punch Newspapers On Twitter. / A Nairalander Was Quoted In A Punch Article (Kenya's westgate Mall Attack ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Nosegbe,batman And Others Quoted In Punch Newspapers by miqos02(m): 11:50am On Jun 05, 2013
The construction and subsequent tolling of the Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge in Lagos has ignited a division between the supposed rich and poor residents of the state.

Those residing in sub-urban settlements in the state such as Ajegunle, Iyana Ipaja and Mushin warned the state government against the construction of such a bridge that would be subjected to tolling in their areas.

On nairaland.com, a commenter with the name Nosegbe says, “This bridge was obviously built for the high-class neighbourhoods of Lekki Phase I and environs. People who can afford to pay the toll. I would have had issues if the bridge was built and tolled at Ayobo, Iyana-Ipaja, Agege, Ajegunle or Ikorodu.

“It’s a win-win as far as I see. The Lekki folks get the satisfaction of bypassing Ozumba traffic leaving it less congested for others and the government makes more money which can be used for other purposes.”
Another commenter on nairaland.com with the name Batman, described the toll as token adding that he has got no reason to complain about paying for it.

He says, “Its better to pay a token toll – bottled Coke and Gala money- to use a bridge that’s convenient than not pay a toll and get stuck.

“At least the people paying are not complaining because they are not broke and if you can’t afford it, there’s a cheaper and a free route.

“If you are not careful, they’ll charge you to look at the bridge. Looks good, don’t it? Some people seem bitter about the bridge, are they truly that concerned?”
Another comment on the forum reads,”This Bridge really pains some people ooo. They’re complaining more than the people that are to pay the toll. And I’m sure they aren’t going to use it. Why? Is it their money?
A respondent argues on nairaland.com, “What makes other people living in Lekki different? Why will they be paying tolls when government have deducted tax in every forms ranging from corporate tax, Land Use Charge, Certificate of Occupancy, Tenement Rate to Value Added Tax.

“What other purposes do they have for collecting tolls when taxes are always been paid everyday. Government should not hide under the guise that some high profile people can afford to pay tolls to begin to scam Nigerians.’

http://www.punchng.com/i-punch/tolling-of-lekki-ikoyi-bridge-stirs-cyber-war/
Re: Nairalanders Nosegbe,batman And Others Quoted In Punch Newspapers by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 05, 2013
@Billyonaire quoted in another punch article:

Unending debate on pastors’ jets

...[s]till, Pastor Adeboye had a few supporters even in this forum. One of them, registered as Billyonaire, rose to his defence, in response to a preceding comment that Jesus Christ did not own a single private in His own time.

Billyonaire said, “Jesus did not have overseas membership, Goddamit. Our pastors have millions of members in over 160 countries. How many members did Jesus have? Jesus needed a boat and a donkey and he used them. There was no jet then. I am sure he would have got one, if he could afford it...”

http://www.punchng.com/news/unending-debate-on-pastors-jets/

I suppose it is safe to say CHUX OHAI (the reporter) spends quite a bit of time on Nairaland cheesy
Re: Nairalanders Nosegbe,batman And Others Quoted In Punch Newspapers by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 05, 2013
Buzz… social media diary

Seewealth: I cannot help but laugh at the various ways I communicated to reach family and friends. I was in Imo then and always looked forward to hearing that somebody came back from Lagos so that he would take my letters to Lagos. That is if I didn’t want to use the post office. Thank God for this new era.

Delors
: I remember when I was in the secondary school and man don broke die and mumsy never showed up, visiting, I would compose a very long letter and send it to my mum in Lagos from Ibadan – through the post office. I swear, after 3 months, na me dey always receive the letter for house because school self go don go on vacation…na wah o…I just wonder how I survived then…God noni anyway.

Kokoye: Then, if someone simply promised to help put your curriculum vitae on the Internet, you felt as if you already got a job abroad. lol

http://www.punchng.com/i-punch/buzz-social-media-diary-3/
Re: Nairalanders Nosegbe,batman And Others Quoted In Punch Newspapers by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 05, 2013
Controversy trails auction of Ferguson’s chewing gum

...[a] member of the online forum, nairaland.com, Nosyke, says he wishes that gums chewed by Super Eagles Coach, Stephen Keshi, could be worth thousands of dollars like Ferguson’s.

He says, “How are we sure it is Sir Alex Ferguson’s gum? Have they run a DNA test on it?

“But mehn, this na serious business o, if it happens to be true, the guy don hammer.

“But white people sabi mumu sha, chewing gum wey your fellow human being chop troway, na him u wan sell/buy. E be like say I go start to dey mark Oga Stephen Keshi closely in case him drop him gum too.”

Replying to Nosyke’s comment, another member of the forum,with the name, True2God, says Keshi’s chewed gum will turn out to be a bad business for him.

“Nobody will buy Keshi’s chew gum from you. Na bad business,” he states.

Another member of nairaland.com, with the name justice42003, explains that such funny adventure whereby someone rushes to pick up a chewed gum that has been disposed of could only happen in the developed world...

http://www.punchng.com/i-punch/controversy-trails-auction-of-fergusons-chewing-gum/

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Dickson Awards N3.6bn Electronic Surveillance Contract To Chinese Firm / Nigeria Saves N118bn From Removal Of 45,000 Ghost Workers- Okonjo-iweala / Shehu Borno Blames Insurgency On Marginalization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.