Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,782 members, 7,831,525 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria (3432 Views)

Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List / I Dropped My Presidential Ambition For Buhari — Saraki / Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by iphy42: 12:39am On Jun 06, 2013
I listened with rapt attention to the minister of finance speaking on the performance of the present administration and she said that inflation had dropped from 12 percent to 10 percent. I was surprised. Is it that I don't know what inflation is or what? Cos as far as I know the prices of most commodities have risen drastically, ranging from provisions, cosmetics, building materials,food stuffs, even the almighty subsidized kerosene sells for between N120 & N130 instead of N50. What's your take on take on this my people. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by phecs: 5:08am On Jun 06, 2013
She thinks we dnt know wat she is talking abt!!!maybe in london whr she buy her vaseline it reduced frm 12pounds to 10pounds!

2 Likes

Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by Katier00(f): 6:12am On Jun 06, 2013
drop ke? She is nt serious, abeg go price garri for market

2 Likes

Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by bobthebuilder99(m): 9:33am On Jun 06, 2013
Depends what tribe you are from.

If you are Igbo, everything is great in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by Evablazze(m): 9:34am On Jun 06, 2013
4were? 2cups of garri now cost #120 in my area..sumfin i bought for #60 3months ago...

2 Likes

Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by buoye1(m): 9:36am On Jun 06, 2013
;
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by purpinkx(m): 9:46am On Jun 06, 2013
Madam give me hypo ...

na N25 oh ...

Ah ah . But na N10 dey dem write na

1 Like

Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 06, 2013
That's the way they make the international community feel Nigeria is growing. Unfortunately, Obama knows where we are.. We Nigerians know where we are in Nigeria. We are no fools neither are we shortsighted.
The minister of finance is a puppet of World Bank and IMF just to continuously exploit us. I don't know what she gains.
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by Picomon(m): 9:49am On Jun 06, 2013
For my area mama kabira no dey gree sell garri N20 again, na from N30 upwards. Derica for beans don cost, in fact every damn stuffs price dey increase!!

I TIRE MEHN!
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 06, 2013
Ngozi / joe... Clueless birds flocking together!
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by bory09(m): 9:50am On Jun 06, 2013
I think its true. Because bag of garri that is 8500 before is now been sold 7000. Bag of rice of 10500 before is now 9500 likewise other foodstuff except beans which price came down before but now the price have a slight increase. What will it benefit a man from lieing. GEJ is trying in the case of inflation. I know more in the case of foodstuff and that is the aspect i can only testify from.

1 Like

Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by Picomon(m): 9:52am On Jun 06, 2013
For my area mama kabira no dey gree sell garri N20 again, na from N30 upwards. Derica for beans don cost, in fact every damn stuffs price dey increase!!

I'm tired mehn!
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by seunfly: 9:52am On Jun 06, 2013
Na today u know them? She is just quoting figure to back the lies that they are performing. Is it the price of garri that has increase from 100 naira to 180/200 naira, beans 250naira to 300/350naira tomatose of 300naira to 600naira or pure water of 10naira to 15naira that u want to compare? Even my landlord increased our rent 4rm 120,000 naira to 230,000. They are all liars, it is only a sentimental person and a bias man that argue in their favour.

1 Like

Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by rozayx5(m): 9:54am On Jun 06, 2013
maybe it has dropped at Oriental and sheraton where she takes breakfast

Economics on paper, that cant be applied to real life undecided
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by bory09(m): 9:59am On Jun 06, 2013
Picomon: For my area mama kabira no dey gree sell garri N20 again, na from N30 upwards. Derica for beans don cost, in fact every damn stuffs price dey increase!!

I'm tired mehn!
that means that mama kabira is really exploiting you all there. Cup of garri is still at 20 naira or less gon though garri is cost before but now there is different story price of white garri is coming down gradually this days i don't know for yellow garri
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 06, 2013
Bunch of liars, the same way they told us we will get 10000 mega watts by December
the way they told us they will build refineries with the subsidy money
the same way gej lied on cnn that electricity is constant in Nigeria.

Na God go punish Una
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 06, 2013
bory09: I think its true. Because bag of garri that is 8500 before is now been sold 7000. Bag of rice of 10500 before is now 9500 likewise other foodstuff except beans which price came down before but now the price have a slight increase. What will it benefit a man from lieing. GEJ is trying in the case of inflation. I know more in the case of foodstuff and that is the aspect i can only testify from.
Abeg where you dey import your own Garri?

1 Like

Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by Picomon(m): 10:04am On Jun 06, 2013
bory09: that means that mama kabira is really exploiting you all there. Cup of garri is still at 20 naira or less gon though garri is cost before but now there is different story price of white garri is coming down gradually this days i don't know for yellow garri

Are you serious? I will try to patronize other sellers in another city and if they sell it at cheaper rate, I will accept that iya kabira is truly behind my problems mehn..
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by kavey10(m): 10:05am On Jun 06, 2013
GARRILAND

1 Like

Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by Picomon(m): 10:09am On Jun 06, 2013
Obiagelli: Bunch of liars, the same way they told us we will get 10000 mega watts by December
the way they told us they will build refineries with the subsidy money
the same way gej lied on cnn that electricity is constant in Nigeria.

Na God go punish Una

Chill.. By 2017 una go generate 12500MW. And it will be constant by 2025. They will build refineries for you guys a day before jesus will come.
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by kavey10(m): 10:10am On Jun 06, 2013
Kai! My people see intellectual topic dem run comot! If na that Seun babe nau, you go see traffic sharpaly. I dey corner dey watch una sha.
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by abdullkabar(m): 10:12am On Jun 06, 2013
She is blabing i tell you
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by bory09(m): 10:35am On Jun 06, 2013
Obiagelli:
Abeg where you dey import your own Garri?
here in the south west price of garri is really coming down. Paint of garri is formerly 500 naira now it is sold at 400 or sometimes 350 at some places, if you buy garri from manufacturers in oyo state and ijebu you will have no option than to sell at that price. But that of south south i can't say for sure but i know that last year flood may not let the desire decrease to happen in garri over there.
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by Alexebo1(m): 10:36am On Jun 06, 2013
Ya,it hs really dropped hard on d head of d poor masses.....,liers ds z economic sabotage

1 Like

Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:36am On Jun 06, 2013
She is talking about inflation rate dropping. The price of things are still going up (Inflation) but it is not rising as fast as it was rising (inflation rate dropping). wink

That is if Garri is rising from N250 a Rubber to N300 a rubber in 6 months, now it will rise to that in 1 year. grin

2 Likes

Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 06, 2013
I wonder what she meant sham as maybe in her dreams.

in reality, it hasn't in some aspect.
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by taharqa2: 10:40am On Jun 06, 2013
Bunch of IGNORAMUSES who slept truout their time in Economics classes in Secondary sch, showing their cluelessness in public.. Ignoramuses who do not know that if inflation decreases from say X% to Y%, it does not follow that GENERAL cumulative prices of Goods and Services actuali decreased but that they increased at a much slower rate....

2 Likes

Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by brotherlyn(m): 10:44am On Jun 06, 2013
It is amazing how top dignitaries come on air and tell us to our faces what is not.

Not all Nigerians have tribal marks on their faces. And those that do, a sizeable
number of them are educated.

What is her yardstick?
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by curiouslad(m): 10:58am On Jun 06, 2013
People shouldn't just learn to read and write. They should READ before writing.

read - acknowledging the characters in a sentence and being able to stitch them together.

READ - includes reading( as defined above) and being able to comprehend the message properly.
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by bory09(m): 11:04am On Jun 06, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: She is talking about inflation rate dropping. The price of things are still going up (Inflation) but it is not rising as fast as it was rising (inflation rate dropping). wink

That is if Garri is rising from N250 a Rubber to N300 a rubber in 6 months, now it will rise to that in 1 year. grin
i can see you have the spirit of prophesy. But i can see you are a prophet of doom. Inflation has slightly decrease no more story. If good story from gej cause you headache then you better block your ear before the headache cause your head to explode because Good story will always come out of Gej government
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by ninja4life(m): 11:24am On Jun 06, 2013
bory09: here in the south west price of garri is really coming down. Paint of garri is formerly 500 naira now it is sold at 400 or sometimes 350 at some places, if you buy garri from manufacturers in oyo state and ijebu you will have no option than to sell at that price. But that of south south i can't say for sure but i know that last year flood may not let the desire decrease to happen in garri over there.
guy are u really serious wat garri are u talking about,i stay in ibadan and a cup of garri dat sell for #10/12 is now being sold for #20 so what are u telling me,now in ibadan even d price of beans is now higher dan dat of rice,also price of commodities like indomies,spaghettis,milk etc have increased,while does dat donot increase d quantity has decreased,for exam if u buy a dangote spaghetti now u will find out dat it is not as filled as b4,so wat inflation are dis people talking about,i am not an economists neither can i verify their claims but i know dat price of commodities are increasing.
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by bory09(m): 11:38am On Jun 06, 2013
ninja4life: guy are u really serious wat garri are u talking about,i stay in ibadan and a cup of garri dat sell for #10/12 is now being sold for #20 so what are u telling me,now in ibadan even d price of beans is now higher dan dat of rice,also price of commodities like indomies,spaghettis,milk etc have increased,while does dat donot increase d quantity has decreased,for exam if u buy a dangote spaghetti now u will find out dat it is not as filled as b4,so wat inflation are dis people talking about,i am not an economists neither can i verify their claims but i know dat price of commodities are increasing.
that is nigeria for you when producer reduce the price of goods and services the greedy seller won't reduce the price unless the demand for the goods reduce most especially for goods who have inelastic demand. And don't misquote me prices of some goods has come down does not means it has come to the former price.

(1) (2) (Reply)

OAU Protest Pictures / APPEAL COURT AFFIRMS DEATH SENTENCE ON REV. KING / Gov. Obiano Weeps As Petrol Tanker Burns 69 In Otsha (graphic Pic).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.