Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria (3430 Views)

Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List / I Dropped My Presidential Ambition For Buhari — Saraki / Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by bory09(m): 11:46am On Jun 06, 2013
taharqa2: Bunch of IGNORAMUSES who slept truout their time in Economics classes in Secondary sch, showing their cluelessness in public.. Ignoramuses who do not know that if inflation decreases from say X% to Y%, it does not follow that GENERAL cumulative prices of Goods and Services actuali decreased but that they increased in a much slower rate....
have you forgot deductive method of measuring inflation though i will like the inductive method but lets use deductive method for now
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by Ibime(m): 1:47pm On Jun 06, 2013
"Inflation slowed" is a more appropriate term to use so ignoramuses can understand what the minister is saying.

A basket of goods and services starting at N100 would ordinarily rise to N112 over the year based on last year's rates, but it only rose to N110 this year, therefore inflation has dropped from 12 to 10 percent.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by abouzaid: 1:54pm On Jun 06, 2013
kavey10: Kai! My people see intellectual topic dem run comot! If na that Seun babe nau, you go see traffic sharpaly. I dey corner dey watch una sha.
nigerians prefer spending their time discussing about movie actresses than discussing the economy. Also going through the thread, it's clear that most nigerians don't even understand the meaning of a drop in inflation. They misinterpreted it to mean a fall in prices.the truth is that every country on earth experiences inflation and many economists consider inflation as good for the economy provided that the rate is low.
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by abouzaid: 2:00pm On Jun 06, 2013
Ibime: "Inflation slowed" is a more appropriate term to use so ignoramuses can understand what the minister is saying.

A basket of goods and services starting at N100 would ordinarily rise to N112 over the year based on last year's rates, but it only rose to N110 this year, therefore inflation has dropped from 12 to 10 percent.
thanks for that clarification. However the question is whether the rate of inflation is too high or not?
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by aglomar: 2:09pm On Jun 06, 2013
We can't feel it in the street so it's all a smoke screen.
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by iphy42: 2:21pm On Jun 06, 2013
Most people are talking about garri. What about rice, corn, beans, salt, provisions and cosmetics. Corn used to sell for N280 for a paint for a long time, if it is scarce, it does not not exceed N350. This year as in now corn is over N400. Garri that is just coming down have not sold for above N500 in previous years to the best of my knowledge. I feel NOI is lying. Go do some market research to understand me well.
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
bory09: i can see you have the spirit of prophesy. But i can see you are a prophet of doom. Inflation has slightly decrease no more story. If good story from gej cause you headache then you better block your ear before the headache cause your head to explode because Good story will always come out of Gej government

Bros, na wah for you. I am explaining the meaning of Inflation rate dropping and your talking another thing. I am not criticizing anyone. wink
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by ghananotnaija(m): 8:55pm On Jun 06, 2013
Ghana and Nigeria are the only major countries in our neighbourhood not using CFA Francs, as a result, our currencies and economies lack the stability of an euro-backed currency like the CFA Franc. West Africa should seek to adopt a common currency like the euro to facilitate trade and quell inflation fears in our countries.

1 Like

Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by olajide8(m): 9:34pm On Jun 06, 2013
When I say voodoo, you say NOI,
Firstly, what is the definition of inflation - to much money chasing very little goods, now where exactly can you see the impact of inflation on the purchase of equipment and assets, the trickling effect is what you see on food because if the prices of the factors of production are high the consumers of that product had to pay more so in turn if he provides agricultural items he would also increase his price in order to be able to still buy the other product, now if a car cost $6,000 a new car and that's the true value, and we are buying it at N8m because of the exchange rate and then we do a comparism of what N8m is worth then we automatically know the level of inflation is way higher then they even say on paper, government mopped up N4.8t, in the first quarter and they share amongst them self the capital expenditure budget of N217b, so nigerian's could buy nor sell anything because they didn't have enough disposable income, then they come and say because nigerian's are not buying the rate of inflation has dropped I beg to defer seriously and the second quarter they have corner everything again N200b. Hmm rubbish economics---

1 Like

Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 06, 2013
Fire NOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pat Utomi is there, our economics proffessors in our Universities are not all bad....

Please when Umemployment rises with Inflation what is going on? In balanced nations, Unemployment rises when inflation drops while inflation goes up when unemployment goes down.

But in Nigeria, our economics defy the relationship between unemployment and inflation.

Havard trained my ass!!!!! These Havard alumnis are a cult which is to promote their graduates at the cost of merit so the school's name remains prestigious.

The politics in education is killing academia.

This woman is a gimmick. Havard my ass!!! Stupid school, stupid people!! Their frat members help each other get top jobs in the world.

1 Like

Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by Afam4evaIsASlut: 10:40pm On Jun 06, 2013
bory09: GEJ is trying in the case of inflation. .

GEJ is in control of inflation?

shocked
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by Lekmosh(m): 11:40pm On Jun 06, 2013
Inflation is even on the rise everyday.The womam is just talking to get attention.
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by iphy42: 2:27am On Jun 07, 2013
Ibime: "Inflation slowed" is a more appropriate term to use so ignoramuses can understand what the minister is saying.

Maybe inflation slowed in your books but not in Nigeria. The wanted to get the single digit and NOI got it by
force. No need for name calling but try to call a spade a
spade iie if you can see it

BTW, your mathematics is highly flawed undecided
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by iphy42: 2:31am On Jun 07, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

GEJ is in control of inflation?

shocked

What will they not say to earn their pay check. GEJ wasn't even mentioned in the write up, yet he rose in robotic defense.
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by olatjidson: 9:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
Yapp Nigeria have encountered soo many problems that is beyond his contrOlled by our soo called corrupt leadders which has endangered and paralysed the economy of the nation.Thhe possible way out is to show transparency in the three(3) tiers of government and ascribed the total correction. i am olajide by name contact me on 07055540950.
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by olajide8(m): 1:18pm On Sep 07, 2013
olatjidson: Yapp Nigeria have encountered soo many problems that is beyond his contrOlled by our soo called corrupt leadders which has endangered and paralysed the economy of the nation.Thhe possible way out is to show transparency in the three(3) tiers of government and ascribed the total correction. i am olajide by name contact me on 07055540950.
And what is this to mean - if I may ask? Who is interested in knowing your name? Do you know how many jide's are on this forum? - remove this rubbish or MOD's ban this gay, another one of them, *personalty impersonation*- go and work -
Re: Has Inflation Really Dropped In Nigeria by olatjidson: 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2013
YES. inflation has really destabilize the economy of the country and turn it to paralysis both hyper inflation, creeping and galloping inflation. My question to the viewer is that what did Government itself contributed to the improvement of the Economy, they are all the birds of the same feather. 07055540950.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Drops To 37th Richest In The World Under 24hours / Score Buhari On The Channels Interview. / Look What I Found On Fani Kayode (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.