Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 (9044 Views)

FG Reduces Oil Imports As Production Begins In Warri, Kaduna Refineries / Major Oil Importers And Fuel Subsidy Recipients(the Cabal) / FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by Paschal007: 12:42pm On Jun 06, 2013
Executive Secretary of the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency, PPPRA, Mr. Reginald Stanley yesterday told the Senate that the Federal Government has slashed down the number of oil importers into the country from 128 to 38 as at December 2012.

This came as indications also emerged that government has refused to commence payment of subsidy claims for the 2013 fiscal year.

Stanley also told the lawmakers that the Federal Government has spent N3.7 trillion in five years.

Speaking yesterday, during a meeting with the Senator Magnus Abe-led Senate Committee on Petroleum Resources, Downstream, Stanley blamed the Ministry of Finance for the delay in sorting out foreign exchange claims by the marketers.

“There has been no payment for any marketer importing petroleum products in 2013. This is caused by delays in the payment of subsidy claims by the Federal Ministry of Finance resulting in interest as foreign exchange differential claims request by marketers, etc,” he said.

Meanwhile, Chairman of the Committee, Senator Magnus Abe, however, warned that if importation of petroleum products must be reduced, refineries must be allowed to function optimally.

He also urged the PPPRA boss and his agency not to relent in sanitising and weeding out “briefcase marketers,” adding that they were still lurking around, waiting to manipulate any loophole in the system.

“We are happy that you have put in measures to control the cost of subsidy payment. We have looked at the figures and we are impressed with the progress you are making and we believe you can do more.

”At this juncture, all I want to say is that all Nigerians should be vigilant. The reason we are celebrating now is because of the attention which made some people run away. The moment we relax, they may come back.

“Those who ran away with their briefcases are also looking for how to come back. If the figures rise, we will like to know why the rise because there’s still that danger as they are still lurking around on refineries,” he said.

It will be recalled that the Federal Government allocated N971.138 billion for fuel subsidy inthe 2013 budget and N888.1 billion was officially allocated in 2012.

The fuel subsidy allocation, as captured on page xvii of the Approved 2013 Budget signed by President Goodlcuk Jonathan on February 26 indicates that the N971.133 billionis for domestic fuel subsidy (marketers) (carry-over from 2011&2012 provision for partial subsidy).

Also speaking on some key challenges facing the PPPRA, Stanley reiterated that the agency was yet to clarify the status of kerosene, whether it had been deregulated or not.

He said: “There is lack of clarity on PPPRA and DPR roles in regulating the petroleum sector. Besides, there is lack of clarity on the subsidy status of household kerosene, HHK. We don’t know whether it has been deregulated or not.

”All over the country, between January 1 and December 30, we go round to determine the stock…that was how we first got the figure of 40 million litres per day as our local consumption.”

http://www.informationng.com/2013/06/fg-reduces-oil-importers-to-38-from-128.html
Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by tomakint: 1:07pm On Jun 06, 2013
Brilliant concept from team GEJ as usual! Nigeria shall rise again, I have no doubt within me!

8 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by kunlekunle: 2:21pm On Jun 06, 2013
tomakint: Brilliant concept from team GEJ as usual! Nigeria shall rise again, I have no doubt within me!

before GEJ, there were 8 marketers, his one year in office brought that astronomical increase.
He should pick his poooooo.

8 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by tomakint: 2:23pm On Jun 06, 2013
kunlekunle:

before GEJ, there were 8 marketers, his one year in office brought that astronomical increase.
You will do well by naming those 8 marketers and please supply the source of your news!

8 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by slimghost(m): 2:27pm On Jun 06, 2013
kunlekunle:

Are you ok sir? Please name those 8 marketers.

10 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by kunlekunle: 4:08am On Jun 08, 2013
tomakint:
You will do well by naming those 8 marketers and please supply the source of your news!

u just dey return from ghana or what?
Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by kunlekunle: 4:09am On Jun 08, 2013
slimghost:

Are you ok sir? Please name those 8 marketers.

Why not yahoo or google it

3 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:18am On Jun 08, 2013
If u like, reduce am to only dangotte! E no concern me at all!

Just dnt lemme see or hear u increase dt fuel price again because i can't sell ma generator because of u o.

U hear?

2 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by Nobody: 5:29am On Jun 08, 2013
SLIDE waxie: If u like, reduce am to only dangotte! E no concern me at all!

Just dnt lemme see or hear u increase dt fuel price again because i can't sell ma generator because of u o.

U hear?

If i were Jonathan, I would had had removed the subsidy 100% and allow market forces to determine the prices of petroleum products. Subsidy is a killer of our wholesome economy.

In Biafra, we won't have subsidy. Money is nothing but just a means of exchange. Every citizen will have to be both be creative and productive, unlike what we have in Nigeria, where some people are doing nothing than to wait for government handouts.

12 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by Opey4luv(m): 9:51am On Jun 08, 2013
Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by donsax: 9:51am On Jun 08, 2013
To he ll with that..does that bring the fuel money back to 69naira?
Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by donsax: 9:52am On Jun 08, 2013
To he ll with that..does that bring the fuel price back to 69naira?
Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 08, 2013
kunlekunle:

I have yahooed and googled... no meaningful results... Oya Chairman give us your source. You can't just quote numbers like that na. undecided

6 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by NeuroBoss(m): 9:53am On Jun 08, 2013
noblezone:

If i were Jonathan, I would had had removed the subsidy 100% and allow market forces to determine the prices of petroleum products. Subsidy is a killer of our wholesome economy.

In Biafra, we won't have subsidy. Money is nothing but just a means of exchange. Every citizen will have to be both be creative and productive, unlike what we have in Nigeria, where some people are doing nothing than to wait for government handouts.
Mr Biafra, where una oil dey? Na dat one 4 Oguta u dey rely on? Suffer go be una second name.

3 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 08, 2013
What we should hope for is that our refineries should start producing at full capacity and prices of pms and other products brought down drastically. That will to a large extent help booster the economy.
Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by kutchs: 9:57am On Jun 08, 2013
kunlekunle:

The burden of proof lies with the claimant. Google or yahoo it and prove ur claim or shut up.

3 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by brightedge(m): 9:58am On Jun 08, 2013
Beautiful! Reduce the number of importers thieves so that it is easier to monitor them. Maybe the government should introduce minimum capitalization requirements so that the existing ones can merge or be acquired by stronger ones.

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by lordyatz: 10:00am On Jun 08, 2013
noblezone:

is they any country like Biafra?
Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by brightedge(m): 10:02am On Jun 08, 2013
noblezone:

grin someone needs some lessons in history.
Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by Brilliance9000: 10:04am On Jun 08, 2013
noblezone:

[b]Biafra would have been a great country had the war worked to their advantage. I visited a museum in the East and saw with my eyes what Biafra engineers and scientists invented and built. I was shocked; shocked that they could invent such in the 60s. Such weaponry and military equipment that no African country then could envisaged building. How they got knowledge of the designs of the tanks, warship( yes they built it), aircraft( yes they built it) remain a mystery. The fact that these were all built with locally sourced materials makes it more ingenious and sheer demonstration of the brilliance of their engineers. Many of these engineers as I'm being told; when the war ended were whisked out of the country to U.S and Europe, arranged by the governments of these countries. No doubt their leaders had their share of mistakes but no man can dispute.... the ingenuity, brilliance, determination and clear vision of the Biafran people.

More information and pictures on these inventions
https://www.nairaland.com/1308475/untold-stories-biafran-inventions

[/b]

22 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 08, 2013
we are not supposed to b importing oil @ all if not 4 coruption in d country. angry

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by imsuboi(m): 10:21am On Jun 08, 2013
That's a welcome development..
Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by brightedge(m): 10:27am On Jun 08, 2013
Brilliance9000:

Biafra would have been a great country had the war worked to their advantage. I visited a museum in the East and saw with my eyes what Biafra engineers and scientists invented and built. I was shocked; shocked that they could invent such in the 60s. Such weaponry and military equipment that no African country then could envisaged building. How they got knowledge of the designs of the tanks, warship( yes they built it), aircraft( yes they built it) remain a mystery. The fact that these were all built with locally sourced materials makes it more ingenious and sheer demonstration of the brilliance of their engineers. Many of these engineers as I'm being told; when the war ended were whisked out of the country to U.S and Europe, arranged by the governments of these countries. No doubt their leaders had their share of mistakes but no man can dispute.... the ingenuity, brilliance, determination and clear vision of the Biafran people.

Where exactly is this museum? I'll like to visit it too.
Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by Darius2000: 10:44am On Jun 08, 2013
Brilliance9000:

[b]Biafra would have been a great country had the war worked to their advantage. I visited a museum in the East and saw with my eyes what Biafra engineers and scientists invented and built. I was shocked; shocked that they could invent such in the 60s. Such weaponry and military equipment that no African country then could envisaged building. How they got knowledge of the designs of the tanks, warship( yes they built it), aircraft( yes they built it) remain a mystery. The fact that these were all built with locally sourced materials makes it more ingenious and sheer demonstration of the brilliance of their engineers. Many of these engineers as I'm being told; when the war ended were whisked out of the country to U.S and Europe, arranged by the governments of these countries. No doubt their leaders had their share of mistakes but no man can dispute.... the ingenuity, brilliance, determination and clear vision of the Biafran people.
Necessity is the mother of invention...,,,,

[/b]
Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by obinnakenedo(m): 10:45am On Jun 08, 2013
kunlekunle:

if u cant provide a source, why dont u just sharaap and leave the keyboard alone! Ode.

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by obinnakenedo(m): 10:49am On Jun 08, 2013
Brilliance9000:

[/b]
u need not say more. Hail biafra!

3 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by trillville(m): 10:50am On Jun 08, 2013
U guys should check this out
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/fuel-subsidy-scam-senate-releases-names-cabal
As at 2007, there were only 8 importers benefiting from subsidies.

Findings by SaharaReporters correspondent indicate that in 2006, only MRS,
TOTAL and OANDO
were officially listed as beneficiaries of the fuel subsidy
recognised by the Federal Government. The three companies were said to have
been listed as “major marketers.” In the following year, 2007, AP and MOBIL joined the three companies and
became listed under the category of majors. The same year NIPCO was
introduced and listed under the category of petrol depot owners. A new category
of “independents” included some marketers who had no depots. AITEO Energy Resources and TRIQUEST Energy were also added in 2007,
bringing the total to eight beneficiaries of the fuel subsidy.
Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by obinnakenedo(m): 10:51am On Jun 08, 2013
bright_edge:

close to the shrine in ur village.
Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by tomakint: 10:52am On Jun 08, 2013
bright_edge:

Umuahia is the place, i can't remember the name of that junction but I still remembered that it shares the same street with a catholic corper's lodge and one big church! Trust me the experience is going to remain with you especially when you come face to face with the handiworks of the brilliant minds from the East!
Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by loswhite(m): 10:53am On Jun 08, 2013
noblezone:

subsidy is done in various sectors in the world so coming out to say Nigerians are waiting 4 government handout is so dumb. If our refinery is working @ full capacity all d government will nid to do is sell certain amount of crude oil @ reduce price to local refineries and @ d end there will be no nid 4 subsidy payment . If we are exporting 3 million bpd 4 instant . D government can sell 2.5 million @ international price and sell may be 500 barrels to local refinery depending on our consumption so dat the refineries can sell d refined product in the country @ a price lesser than international price.

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 08, 2013
NeuroBoss:
Mr Biafra, where una oil dey? Na dat one 4 Oguta u dey rely on? Suffer go be una second name.
That is the thinking that has kept Nigeria moving back to 1302 instead moving forward with 2013.
We don't need oil! Can't you guys get it?
Even the oil that is there today is being stolen by the internal colonial masters.
The development and industrialization of the South East is done by the ingenuity of the average Biafran and the powere of government. According to CBN statistics, these states are highest when it comes volume of money exchane:

Lagos, Kano, Rivers, Anambra, Abia and Abuja.

What does that tell you?
South West 1 (commerce and industry)
South South 1 (oil)
North West 1 (commerce)
North East 0
North Central 1 (politics)
South East 2. (commerce and industry)

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibos To Wave Biafran Flags In Russia???? / Dino Melaye Finally Speaks On Leaving PDP For APC / NJC Meets, May Extend Muhammad’s Tenure As Acting CJN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.