Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,265 members, 7,836,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

The Pastor Who Was Ulcerous For Holding Grudges - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Pastor Who Was Ulcerous For Holding Grudges (662 Views)

SA Pastor Who Heals By Making People Eat Snakes & Undies Welcomes Child(Pics / Pastor Who Goes About Preaching Unclad / We Have No Grudges Against Adeboye - Children Of Founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Pastor Who Was Ulcerous For Holding Grudges by sidespin: 2:26pm On Jun 06, 2013
THE PASTOR WHO WAS ULCEROUS FOR HOLDING GRUDGES

When I was out in field ministry holding meetings, I happened to run into a pastor who had a church in that city. He didn't look well, so I asked him, "What's wrong with you?"
He asked me, "Do you know Brother So-and-so?"
I said, "Yes."
"Well," this pastor said, "he came into my town and started another church."
"Your town?" I asked. "Yes."
"I didn't know this town belonged to you," I said.
"Well, I was the only Full Gospel church here," he said. "He did me wrong by starting another church here, and I will never forgive him for it." Then he asked, "Kenneth, would you pray for me? I've got ulcers." Well, I knew right then what had caused his ulcers. I knew it wouldn't do any good to pray for his healing because he still had animosity and unforgiveness in his heart. Besides, I happened to know that under all the rules of that pastor's particular denomination, the other pastor was perfectly within his rights to start a church in that city. Not only that, but I knew something about the situation. Actually some other people started the church, not the other pastor. The people got together and said, "We want a church in our end of town," so they organized the church, got it started with sixty-seven people, and elected this new pastor. That new pastor didn't even start that church. The people had even raised several thousand dollars, had bought a lot, and were ready to build a church building on it before the other pastor was even voted in to that church. I said to this first pastor, "You ought to pray that
God would send someone else into this town to start another church!" Then I asked him, "How many people were you averaging in Sunday school before this other church started?"
He said, "About one hundred thirteen people, including kids, babies, and everyone." I asked, "How many people are you averaging now in Sunday school?" He said, "Oh, anywhere from two hundred forty to two hundred sixty people." "How many is that other pastor averaging?" "Well, I'm sorry to say, anywhere from two hundred sixty to two hundred eighty people. They're beating us!" Can you imagine an attitude like that from a man of God! That wasn't the love of God in demonstration. No, it was selfish, human love showing up. I said to him, "Whooo! Glory to God! Think about that! Here you are in this little ole town of fifteen hundred people, and in the last two years you are both reaching more than five hundred people every Sunday! You ought to pray another pastor into the east end of town. Then you ought to pray that someone would start a church in the north end of town."
"Yes, but this is my territory. He moved in on my territory. I just can't forgive him. I want to, but I can't. But I want you to pray for me." I knew it wouldn't do any good to pray for his healing until he made an adjustment in his heart. It would have done no more good to pray for him than to say, "Twinkle, twinkle little star. How I wonder what you are." Later, I heard that this pastor had been operated on for ulcers of the stomach. Soon after that I saw him
again at a convention. He said, "I was operated on for ulcers of the stomach, but the ulcers have come back again. Would you pray for me?" But I knew it wouldn't do any good to pray for his
healing until he got that grudge out of his heart toward his brother and fellow minister. And thank God he did. When he finally repented for holding unforgiveness against this other pastor, he never had any more stomach problems, and he never had another operation. Those ulcers completely disappeared. Love and forgiveness go hand in hand. You can't say you're walking in love if you harbor ill will in your heart. Every step out of love is a step into sin. You can't walk in health and healing if you entertain unforgiveness or grudges in your heart. If you get out of the love walk, get back in just as fast as you can. Then you can live under God's abundant provision and promises and enjoy His best blessings in your life. Not walking in love toward the brethren can affect your health. It can even shorten your life because it allows the devil a foothold in your life. (Kenneth E Hagin)
Re: The Pastor Who Was Ulcerous For Holding Grudges by lecturerdabo(m): 2:50pm On Jun 08, 2013
Good piece.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Inside Info About Hell From The Lips Of Jesus / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Tuesday 2nd July, 2013 You Will Make It! By Pastor E. / Does Man Really Have Free-will If God Is All-knowing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.