Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,017 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person (42246 Views)

10 Ways Ladies Act To Avoid Sex When They Visit Guys / How I Ended Up Marrying The Lady I Met On Facebook / Ten Ways To Marry The Wrong Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by oluwateo: 8:30am On Jun 07, 2013
ghananotnaija:

I concur. Intimate compatibility is very important in a marriage. So a test drive is necessary before the purchase.
No be lie
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by searay(m): 8:45am On Jun 07, 2013
alaoeri: I disagree with number 5 because i can't marry No Testing.
no mind them. The strenght, size, skills, lenght, girth and resiliency must be known before signing the dotted line.
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by dBard: 8:56am On Jun 07, 2013
Beautiful article. It's a,pity d overabundance of immaturity here will find it difficult.t appreciate..
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by stuhporh: 9:01am On Jun 07, 2013
sureteeboy: *SMH* This is one of the reasons Nigeria is not moving forward. We waste valuable time reading what won't help or change us. Since the day "being intimate" before marriage has been preached, has it ever stopped? We waste time reading stuffs like this while a young girl some weeks back invented a 30secs charger in U.S.A

You have said it very well!!! However i thought you were going to say the whole USA invented a 30 sec charger, and also talk about a plateau,12 year old kid (not sure of the age, bt its that range) that developed a website or the 4 year old photographer in lagos.
when you make such statement, please be mindfull of the stats. ok? no knowledge gained is useless.
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by joe4christ(m): 9:05am On Jun 07, 2013
[size=15pt]This is the best ''10 this 10 that'' thread i've ever come across.
In summary this thread is telling how to look out for the true personality of your partner in accordance to their priorities and compatibility with your values in life and relationship.

If only i could find a lady that possess atleast six (6) of this attributes mentioned in this thread, then i'm a married man already. I tell ya!
But i know my God will allocate one for me, i will cherish her with my life. So i swear!!![/size]
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by Cathydera(f): 9:11am On Jun 07, 2013
your partner cannot be 100% perfect .
if he or she is 49% good it is left for you to add 51% of your goodness to make the union 100%.
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by CollinsLeSkillzMadumere(m): 9:11am On Jun 07, 2013
ghananotnaija:

I concur. Intimate compatibility is very important in a marriage. So a test drive is necessary before the purchase.

U clearly didn't get the point.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by Cathydera(f): 9:14am On Jun 07, 2013
joe4christ: [size=15pt]This is the best ''10 this 10 that'' thread i've ever come across.
In summary this thread is telling how to look out for the true personality of your partner in accordance to their priorities and compatibility with your values in life and relationship.

If only i could find a lady that possess atleast six (6) of this attributes mentioned in this thread, then i'm a married man already. I tell ya!
But i know my God will allocate one for me, i will cherish her with my life. So i swear!!![/size]
it is left for you add your own 4.
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by Stevecyes(m): 9:39am On Jun 07, 2013
perhaps i have to wait for my oga at the top to get on it...
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by Orikinla(m): 10:12am On Jun 07, 2013
Heaven knows that majority of Nigerian couples have not only married the wrong persons out of desperation, greed and lust, but are in fact married to witches and wizards, including many of those masquerading on Nairaland.
Proof?
Look at the characters of their families plagued by cheating, lying, trespassing, stealing, wandering and other acts of waywardness and madness in Nigeria.
But their worst predicament is they continue to live in denial and continue to suffer like they have been cursed.
As the Word of God says through our Lord Jesus Christ:

[size=18pt]Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

~ Matthew 7:20 (King James Version) [/size]

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by olate: 10:21am On Jun 07, 2013
ghananotnaija:

u no get fear for God?
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 07, 2013
Eleponblue: ;Ddem force you to open dem ne? Sisi clara tongue
blue p€ni$, are u the op?? angry
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by LausDeo(m): 10:36am On Jun 07, 2013
sureteeboy: *SMH* This is one of the reasons Nigeria is not moving forward. We waste valuable time reading what won't help or change us. Since the day "being intimate" before marriage has been preached, has it ever stopped? We waste time reading stuffs like this while a young girl some weeks back invented a 30secs charger in U.S.A
and wat av u invented so far with ur ''time-maximizing'' readings?
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by Toks2008(m): 11:22am On Jun 07, 2013
See friends,

No matter how hard you try, you cant marry "the right person" because in fact, there is no right person ever.

It takes tolerance and a forgiving heart with the fear of GOD to make any relationship work.

I keep wondering what went wrong in my marriage after spending about 12yrs with this lady. We courted for 6yrs and married for 5years before she suddenly realized we are not compatible and that i have been taking her for granted and she cant take it any longer so she left the house for over four months now and stayed put with her older sister.

She will not divorce me and she will not come pack her stuffs from my house. All plea have fallen on deaf hears as she is just bent on not coming back.

If you ask me if she was the right person for me i will say BIG YES. Very lotal dedicated, GOD fearing and homely but suddenly, she changed overnight. Begged and begged her promising there will be a change despite the fact that she was never communicative enough at the initial stage that she was condoling somethings but wuld just casually express it and laugh it over.

So if i claim she has been GOD fearing all these years then why is she bent on not fogiving and letting go of the grievances against me.

So the bottom line is that you cant know the right or wrong person, just pick any lady you are comfortable with and try to make things work.

Then expect the worst from her and also from him because crazy things are bound to happen.

And for the guys abeg forget this issue of driving your wife or fiancee away because she strayed into sexual sin with another man except you never loved her and she is unrepentant. The reason is because ladies these days are more promiscuous than men and i don't want to argue this.

Just forgive and forget because if you drive her away, there s no guarantee that the next woman will be better but may even be worse than you can ever imagine.

There is a lady i tried hooking up with and she is just 21. When we got talking, i realized that she has had 6men in the past with two records of abortion.

Now tell me; can i compare my wife who i met when she was 19(now 30), made her a woman and got married to her until this moment? I may not want to boast my wife have not slept with another man until maybe when she left a couple of months ago but i can bet that my wife have never slept with up to that number of men ever since i met her.

So lets assume my wife is been screwed by another man now and she later comes back sorry and repentant, will i drive her away at all cost to settle for another with unknown past?

I think once we have a forgiving spirit, we will always have a happy relationship. Forget the issue of marrying the right or wrong person, its totally inconsequential because the wrong person may later turn to be the right one or vise versa.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by webbjamie(m): 11:49am On Jun 07, 2013

What have YOU invented?

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by webbjamie(m): 11:52am On Jun 07, 2013
DanNafada: My brother once told me-

Before you marry a woman, make sure you don see her first thing in the morning with a really bad cold, before she take bath and when her mouth dey smell. If you still like am, then jolly go marry am. Everything else na secondary!

Your brother is wise...
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by Venchy: 11:55am On Jun 07, 2013
Well on point and lot's of Wisdom.
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by Toks2008(m): 12:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
joe4christ: [size=15pt]This is the best ''10 this 10 that'' thread i've ever come across.

I pray you find a lady that Truly has even one. Better get one and be ready to take shit to a certain level else you never ready o.
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by ekeyise: 12:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
well am new here and i love this forum. ekeyise smiley
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 07, 2013
I think lack of emotional connection is a big issue with Nigerian ladies,thy simply focus on what the man can give them,they are dead emotionally.
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by Toks2008(m): 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
distribute inc.:
I think lack of emotional connection is a big issue with Nigerian ladies,thy simply focus on what the man can give them,they are dead emotionally.

Always complaining of what they don't get but never realizing they true happiness comes from giving without expecting anything back.

Worst still, they lure many innocent men into having an affair with them lying about their true state of affair. They either tell the guy that they are not in any affair, or they are separated/divorced from their husband.

We men are in deep shit and only GOD can save us from these daughters of eve.I use to believe that only men are polygamous in nature but i have been wrong all these while.

Now i have come to realize that ladies are far more polygamous in a coded way.
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by ROYALD(m): 2:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
good
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2013
Good,my search for a potential husband begins NOW!!! wink Separating the sheep from the wolves made easy grin cheesy
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
alaoeri: I disagree with number 5 because i can't marry No Testing.
Those ones u av tested did u marry dem? Metcheew. Olofufu.
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
ighoosagie:
Those ones u av tested did u marry dem? Metcheew. Olofufu.

Guys vs guys on pre- testing of punnnany!wow.This is wonderment!!
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by Handsomeemmy(m): 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
lynpetra: Good,my search for a potential husband begins NOW!!! wink Separating the sheep from the wolves made easy grin cheesy
nawa oooo, good luck
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 07, 2013

But its not hard to see ladies that posses more than 6 of these characters. They are everywhere and u are just limiting urself. God cannot just allocate one for u, u have to find her first, then God will make the rest work out for u both.
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by intrepid: 3:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
Who stopped you from inventing.?You sure are + 10 years older than d girl,invent something lets see instead of telling us and claiming wat you are not.Nonsense.
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by Toks2008(m): 3:39pm On Jun 07, 2013
lynpetra:

Guys vs guys on pre- testing of punnnany!wow.This is wonderment!!

Its not our fault as guys that we fall into this act. Ladies caused it.

I have always maintained a righteous ordinance since i was a young chap. I gave my life to Christ at 13 and ever since i have had a zero tolerance to fornication and still do but any girl that comes near me always want that crazy act and i had to break up with many because of this(crazy but true)

I was raped by a lady when i was 20 and that was my first ordeal and afterwards,believe it or not, it has been ladies luring me into the act. So it was no fluke that i have been faithful to my present wife for over 12 years ever since we met.

I remember a lady after trying to lure me with no success, she went to the ladies hostel to start telling them im impotent from a reliable source which happens to be her.

So if we make no attempt, this same ladies will call us names so what on earth are we suppose to do?

In as much as i don't support testing before marriage, i will rather be silent and allow GOD to help the guys.
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by Sleek05(f): 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
I actually had to copy and paste dis so I can read it over and over again. Priceless info! Thnx op. Toks 2008 made some valid points too...I believe @ d end of d day, it all boils down to handing everythn over to God.
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
Toks2008:

Its not our fault as guys that we fall into this act. Ladies caused it.

I have always maintained a righteous ordinance since i was a young chap. I gave my life to Christ at 13 and ever since i have had a zero tolerance to fornication and still do but any girl that comes near me always want that crazy act and i had to break up with many because of this(crazy but true)

I was raped by a lady when i was 20 and that was my first ordeal and afterwards,believe it or not, it has been ladies luring me into the act. So it was no fluke that i have been faithful to my present wife for over 12 years ever since we met.

I remember a lady after trying to lure mwith no success, she went to the ladies hostel to start telling them im impotent from a reliable source which happens to be her.

So if we make no attempt, this same ladies will call us names so what on earth are we suppose to do?

In as much as i don't support testing before marriage, i will rather be silent and allow GOD to help the guys.

Am ashame of myself....coming from a guy?*falls to the ground and starts wailing*
o
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person by grandstar(m): 5:50pm On Jun 07, 2013
crackhaus: I just had to stop reading halfway to look at the comments so I can decode the.... Here's my idea, how about we just follow our hearts and guts when choosing a life partner, yes?
answer= (proverbs 14:12, 16:25, 3:5,6)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Worst Type Of People To Be In Relationship With. / My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat / Happy Nairalanders Having Fun At A House Party.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.