Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

W-A-R-N-I-N-G! Amaechi To Jonathan: Stop Meddling In NGF, Else I’ll Join APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / W-A-R-N-I-N-G! Amaechi To Jonathan: Stop Meddling In NGF, Else I’ll Join APC (1462 Views)

APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman / NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election / Atiku To Jonathan: Stop Pretending On 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

W-A-R-N-I-N-G! Amaechi To Jonathan: Stop Meddling In NGF, Else I’ll Join APC by Monimatic(m): 7:34pm On Jun 06, 2013
Amid the incessant harassment and repeated efforts by the Presidency to politically emasculate him, Rivers State Governor and Chairman of Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF), Chibuike Amaechi, has said enough is enough; and has warned President Goodluck Jonathan and his handlers to hands-off the affairs of the Nigerian Governors Forum (NGF), else he will quit the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and join the opposition merger All Progressive Congress (APC).

Amaechi sent the missive to Jonathan through the Chairman of the PDP Board of Trustees (BoT), Chief Tony Anenih, when the latter led a high-level delegation to Port Harcourt Tuesday; ostensibly to plead with Amaechi not to defect from the PDP. Among other BoT members on the delegation were the PDP National Vice-Chairman, Dr. Sam Jaja, Prof. Jerry Gana, Chief Tonye Graham-Douglas and Chief Ebenezer Babatope. The visit came amidst growing speculation that Amaechi along with his supporters were preparing to decamp to the APC.

Presidential sources confided to Huhuonline.com that Amaechi’s body language and his recent romance with governors and members of the APC coalition was giving Jonathan and the leadership of the PDP white nights afraid that any such a move will have a domino effect that will put Jonathan’s 2015 presidential ambitions on the balance. To which end, Jonathan is said to have dispatch Anenih; “the old wise man” to plead with Amaechi not to abandon Jonathan at his greatest hour of need by defecting to the opposition.

Anenih, accompanied by other members of the BoT, met Amaechi behind closed doors and although nothing officially filtered from the meeting, sources told Huhuonline.com that Anenih virtually went down on his knees to plead to Amaechi, saying Amaechi was a formidable asset to the PDP and to the President owing to the fact that he led Rivers State to give Jonathan the highest number of votes in the 2011 Presidential elections.

Amaechi, the source told Huhuonline.com, gave conditions for his continuous stay in PDP. Among other things, Amaechi is quoted to have told Anenih that he would remain in the PDP only if Jonathan ends all covert attempts to oust him as NGF chairman and to henceforth stop meddling with issues concerning his chairmanship of the NGF and resolved the oil well dispute between Rivers and Bayelsa States. Amaechi is also said to have told Anenih to tell the President that using a serving minister from Rivers State to create crisis in the state and the state executive of the PDP is a self-defeating strategy.

A press release issued by Amaechi’s office said Anenih described the Governor as a force to reckon with and one of the leaders of the ruling PDP. The statement said Anenih and his team were in Rivers State to consult with Amaechi over important national and party issues in the PDP.

o which end, Amaechi told his apparently uninvited guests that the PDP in Rivers State was peaceful. He recalled that the PDP supporters in the state gave two million votes to President Goodluck Jonathan during the last election and assured him that his administration would encourage the people of the state to continue to vote for the PDP during elections.

Hear Amaechi: “Chairman, like we did say to you, PDP in Rivers State is peaceful. We also have told you that we produced two million votes for the president. So we thank you for coming. All we are saying to you is tell the party to please treat us well so that we can encourage our people to continue to vote for PDP. We are members of PDP and we will remain members of PDP.”

Anenih’s visit to Port Harcourt coincided with a statement by the PDP Tuesday that its National Working Committee (NWC), headed by the National Chairman of the PDP, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, and BoT were not working at cross-purposes.

It has also emerged that during Anenih’s meeting with the Governor of Sokoto State, Aliyu Wamakko, last week, he told the PDP BoT chairman that he and other northern governors on the platform of the party do not recognise Akwa Ibom State Governor, Godswill Akpabio, as the chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum.

However, as members of the BoT were trying to appease Amaechi, Huhuonline.com gathered that some northern PDP governors have made it clear that they do not recognise Akpabio as the chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum. Governors, who hold the position, include Wamakko, who did not hesitate to make this known to Anenih last week, as well as Governors Sule Lamido and Babangida Mu’azu Aliyu of Jigawa and Niger States respectively. Wamakko was said to have made it clear that Akpabio’s position was untenable and would foster disharmony in the party.

A group, the Forum for Equity and Justice, had on Monday asked the Anenih-led BoT to leave the Tukur-led NWC alone so that the latter could concentrate on its duties.

But the National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Olisa Metuh, in a statement, denied that there was a rift between the BoT and NWC, saying: “We are aware that this group of meddlesome interlopers and political jobbers with no fixed address has been commissioned to stir up controversies and to portray the BoT as working at cross-purposes with the NWC.”

According to Metuh, “the BoT had in no way usurped the functions of the NWC, explaining: “His reconciliatory visits complement the reconciliation and consolidation tours embarked upon by the NWC and they have been yielding desired results. The NWC is solidly behind the activities of the BoT in further uniting the party which is central and cardinal for the party ahead of 2015

According to Ms Tolulope Lawal, a media commentator, "Amaechi is just digging his political grave gradually, I appeal and beg him to join Apc.
"What a desperate man, he should forget the ambition of becoming the vice-president.
2007-2011.....Vice president: south south
2011-2015.....President: south south.
The vice-president position cannot go back to that zone (south south) again.

For his Numerous threats and warnings to the President of federal Republic of Nigeria, Governor Amaechi and those beating the war drums for him should make sure that he fights his battle to the last and face whatever consequence that will arise.

http://www.naijalately.com/news/stop-meddling-in-ngf-affairs-else-i%E2%80%99ll-join-apc-amaechi-tells-jonathan

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=103502

http://news.naij.com/36401.html
Re: W-A-R-N-I-N-G! Amaechi To Jonathan: Stop Meddling In NGF, Else I’ll Join APC by Toktee(m): 7:50pm On Jun 06, 2013
Kai,this news is too good to be true

1 Like

Re: W-A-R-N-I-N-G! Amaechi To Jonathan: Stop Meddling In NGF, Else I’ll Join APC by Dreal1247: 8:19pm On Jun 06, 2013
If this is really true, it then means that Amaechi has lost his last opportuntumity. Mr Fix- it kneeling b4 Amaechi and he, Amaechi was there giving him condition. Expect impeachment.
Re: W-A-R-N-I-N-G! Amaechi To Jonathan: Stop Meddling In NGF, Else I’ll Join APC by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2013
Lies, Lies, Lies. More lies, lies, lies. . .
Re: W-A-R-N-I-N-G! Amaechi To Jonathan: Stop Meddling In NGF, Else I’ll Join APC by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 06, 2013
Dreal1247: If this is really true, it then means that Amaechi has lost his last opportuntumity. Mr Fix- it kneeling b4 Amaechi and he, Amaechi was there giving him condition. Expect impeachment.
lol, anenih is a failed politician that can't even deliver his ward. He has to be desperate at the federal level to deliver results else that will be the end of his political career and in a short while his life. The man is living on past glory. 2015 won't come cheap and pdp are making powerful enemies that can not be bribed.
Re: W-A-R-N-I-N-G! Amaechi To Jonathan: Stop Meddling In NGF, Else I’ll Join APC by PapaBrowne(m): 8:35pm On Jun 06, 2013
Lies lies lies. But beaurrifulll lies all the same!!!

Hear the prose:

Amaechi, please now don't leave PDP please. We need you so badly thats why we suspended you. You are too important to us. We wouldn't have suspended you if we dont love you. It is because we love you so much. Please ehhn.
Rubbish

PDP has suspended you. Its a polite way to say get out of the party!! They don't want you, don't need you and wouldn't miss you. Ask Atiku for some lessons in politics. He left the PDP and came back in a second when he realized he had just joined a regional party. If you think PDP suspended you because they want you to have a rethink, think again. They simply want you out, so get out and stop frustrating us with your whinning!!

4 Likes

Re: W-A-R-N-I-N-G! Amaechi To Jonathan: Stop Meddling In NGF, Else I’ll Join APC by Tigerhead: 8:37pm On Jun 06, 2013
The BOT chair knelt down to beg Ameachi? Why do these purchased journalists not come up with better stories?

Please Ameachi should join APC. I understand the ACN Chairman in Rivers state has resigned in protest over Amachi's romance with Tinubu.
Re: W-A-R-N-I-N-G! Amaechi To Jonathan: Stop Meddling In NGF, Else I’ll Join APC by Tigerhead: 8:38pm On Jun 06, 2013
PapaBrowne: Lies lies lies. But beaurrifulll lies all the same!!!

Hear the prose:

Amaechi, please now don't leave PDP please. We need you so badly thats why we suspended you. You are too important to us. We wouldn't have suspended you if we dont love you. It is because we love you so much. Please ehhn.
Rubbish

PDP has suspended you. Its a polite way to say get out of the party!! They don't want you, don't need you and wouldn't miss you. Ask Atiku for some lessons in politics. He left the PDP and came back in a second when he realized he had just joined a regional party. If you think PDP suspended you because they want you to have a rethink, think again. They simply want you out, so get out and stop frustrating us with your whinning!!

Word!!!
Re: W-A-R-N-I-N-G! Amaechi To Jonathan: Stop Meddling In NGF, Else I’ll Join APC by Monimatic(m): 8:40pm On Jun 06, 2013
Amaechi should shut up and leave if he wants to leave to an Unregistered party called APC, nobody will give him a vice presidential slot, the northerners just want to use him against President Jonathan and dump him like they have done in the past.
He should decamp if he wants to, no body will tell him when to run back just like how Atiku ran back after being betrayed by Tinubu the snake.
Amaechi dem no dey beg you,decamp if you want to, PDP won't miss, but don't come back crying that Tinubu and the Desperate Northern politicians used you and dumped you.
Amaechi doesn't need a soothsayer to tell him that going by the political permutation in the Country, if a Northerner emerges President, he can not be Vice President cos the Vice President slot is between the South East and the South West
2007-2011.....Vice president: south south
2011-2015.....President: south south.
2015...........Amaechi should forget his ambition,no one will make him a vice President, he will be compensated with a ministerial position
Re: W-A-R-N-I-N-G! Amaechi To Jonathan: Stop Meddling In NGF, Else I’ll Join APC by Vado(m): 8:49pm On Jun 06, 2013
@Op the source is primegossip. TF is that?
Re: W-A-R-N-I-N-G! Amaechi To Jonathan: Stop Meddling In NGF, Else I’ll Join APC by Maxymilliano(m): 8:54pm On Jun 06, 2013
Huhuonline? No wonder the post is Humorous ... Amaechi leaving PDP will be a political harakiri on his part and he sure know better.
Re: W-A-R-N-I-N-G! Amaechi To Jonathan: Stop Meddling In NGF, Else I’ll Join APC by touch4mony: 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2013
Amechi is finished is this na true,all this journalist and there chip lie.pdp will win rivers state without amechi and he kw that was why he went to court to stop forder actions against him cos him head don full.
Re: W-A-R-N-I-N-G! Amaechi To Jonathan: Stop Meddling In NGF, Else I’ll Join APC by mindtricks: 10:07pm On Jun 06, 2013
The story's getting sweeter and sweeter. Poor Amechi, hope he can stand the wahala cos he's already deeply wining and dining with strange bedfellows.
Re: W-A-R-N-I-N-G! Amaechi To Jonathan: Stop Meddling In NGF, Else I’ll Join APC by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 06, 2013
How can a party suspend a man and go back to beg him not to leave?
Amaechi will play into the hands of the PDP if he joins another party. They will remove him via the court process. That is the intendment.
Re: W-A-R-N-I-N-G! Amaechi To Jonathan: Stop Meddling In NGF, Else I’ll Join APC by bobthebuilder99(m): 12:38am On Jun 07, 2013
Hmmmm...if Amaechi leave PDP and win in 2015 under APC banner, wetin these laptop dogs gonna think?
Re: W-A-R-N-I-N-G! Amaechi To Jonathan: Stop Meddling In NGF, Else I’ll Join APC by rooftech: 8:20pm On Jun 07, 2013
ok na

(1) (Reply)

APC Has Decided To Zone The Presidential Slot To The North Ahead Of The 2015 E / Igbo are far ahead of the yoruba because fani kayode & others fail - Engr Musiwa / Again, Another Industry(cotton) In OGUN State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.