Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,202 members, 7,822,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Rochanomics And Nation Building - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochanomics And Nation Building (764 Views)

Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / Official Thread For The Good People Of South South Nigeria On Nation Building / Role Of Youth In Nation Building. Nigeria In Context (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochanomics And Nation Building by Onyegecha(f): 8:59pm On Jun 06, 2013
Nation building is all about creating functional systems. The human body works because all the organs are structured to form systems that perform specific functions. Without the essential communication and co-ordination between all the organs, there will be no human organism. The same applies to building a healthy society.

Many people have expressed the desire that the Imo state governor is qualified to be the president of Nigeria, or at least deserves a second tenure as governor. Please, can you assess his performance so far on the basis of functional systems, viz: Education, health, waste management, workers' welfare, water generation and distribution, conflict resolution, management of state resources, harnessing human resources, human development, etc.

Objective and unbiased comments will help to enthrone the truth, which alone can set us free.
Re: Rochanomics And Nation Building by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 06, 2013
Rochas is a great man but he should forget the presidency for now and concentrate on his state. Imolites deserve 2 tenures from him.
Re: Rochanomics And Nation Building by stkelly(m): 11:10pm On Jun 06, 2013
Hahahahaha does he think itz an office for mediocres,lemme try and do sum appraisal... Education: he started free education for imo students, this venture cannot be sustained, why not use this funds to build hostels and equip the school!! Evrybody knows imsu is in a bad state, anoda cheap political stunt. Health care: trying to privatise the state owned fmc, hw will poor masses access cheap health care, when you want to turn the hospitals to a profit making tool!!??waste management: the only legacy a defunct ohakim regim left us is gone wit the wind, painting everywhr white and breaking down roundabouts doesn't make the town clean!! Water: let's not even venture in2 dix one, just ask if anyone in imo still knows whr the common taps are again..even enugu with very low water levels and plent coal stil manage to provide water to its citizens. State resources: between the rochas gates,abandoned roadz,abandond flyovers,agbaso contract scam, and lack of basic ammenities, I keep asking, where the hell our share of the oil money goes into!! LEMme stop here for now and wait for oda pro rochas people 2 tear apart..hehehehehehe..
Re: Rochanomics And Nation Building by RickyRoss1(m): 3:44am On Jun 07, 2013
st.kelly:
Hahahahaha does he think itz an office for mediocres,lemme try and do sum appraisal... Education: he started free education for imo students, this venture cannot be sustained, why not use this funds to build hostels and equip the school!! Evrybody knows imsu is in a bad state, anoda cheap political stunt. Health care: trying to privatise the state owned fmc, hw will poor masses access cheap health care, when you want to turn the hospitals to a profit making tool!!??waste management: the only legacy a defunct ohakim regim left us is gone wit the wind, painting everywhr white and breaking down roundabouts doesn't make the town clean!! Water: let's not even venture in2 dix one, just ask if anyone in imo still knows whr the common taps are again..even enugu with very low water levels and plent coal stil manage to provide water to its citizens. State resources: between the rochas gates,abandoned roadz,abandond flyovers,agbaso contract scam, and lack of basic ammenities, I keep asking, where the hell our share of the oil money goes into!! LEMme stop here for now and wait for oda pro rochas people 2 tear apart..hehehehehehe..

Rochas has a lot of work to do in Imo State no doubt, but truth be told, his less 2 years is better than the 4 years IKIRI wasted on that seat. All you disgruntled Ohakim foot soldiers should keep quiet for once. In as much as I do not like some of Rochas policies he has done better than Udenwa and Ikiri combined.

I am from Ikeduru, just show me a single road that was done by either Udenwa or Ohakim in the entire Ikeduru LGA for the 12 solid years these criminals wasted on that seat? So far in my town Rochas is building 4 roads, in my moms village in another Local government he is building 5 roads. In each LGA in Imo State Rochas is building roads, schools etc, though some of the roads are not up to standard but like they say half bread is better than none.

I was in UK during Ohakims regime I witnessed how he wasted millions of dollars on CNN Adverts. On CNN you would see sky scrappers and mansions I thought Imo State has become Hong Kong but once you step into Imo you would weep. Where is even the Imo Wonder Lake resort and all the white elephant projects promised by Ohakim?
Re: Rochanomics And Nation Building by Ikengawo: 3:54am On Jun 07, 2013
st.kelly:

Re: Rochanomics And Nation Building by CROWE: 4:17am On Jun 07, 2013
st.kelly:
Hahahahaha does he think itz an office for mediocres

Yes, state governorship is an office for "mediocres" as you put it. Within the state we have the local government serving as a buffer between the state government and the people, distancing them from these people and reducing their effectiveness.

Interference in local government matters by the state is frowned upon but federal interference is not so technically the federal government is closer to the people than their own state governments.

Within the powers not vaguely expected at the local level the federal government has annexed most of it by means of the exclusive list and even those granted to the states they are allowed to overrule.

Basically the president has more power within the states than the state governors themselves, the state governments have no real power and anybody who wants to make any meaningful changes in Nigeria would have to run for president, yes, the state is for people who don't really want to do anything just as long as they are okay being blamed for things that they were never empowered to tackle, here's looking at Adamawa, Yobe and Borno (the governments were expected to tackle armed men, with what? the inadequate monies they are given?)
Re: Rochanomics And Nation Building by CROWE: 4:46am On Jun 07, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Governor Orji Determined To Provide Consistent Healthcare In Abia / CPC Replies Buhari's Critics Over Recent Statements / No Northern Leader Will Campaign For Jonathan In 2015 – Andi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.